Idea for Tag Division

jefferson411

Championship Contender
I just posted this in the London Kendrick thread, but since it will not be the focus of that thread I decided to make a thread for it specifically.

My idea is that they completely bail on the idea of promoting ECW as Extreme (which they are already in the process of doing). Because they only have one hour, they do not introduce another singles title. Instead, they relocate tag teams to ECW, and make it the Tag team place. They only leave the ECW title there because it usually takes a solid singles match to draw the biggest possible crowd.

I will admit to only being familiar with RAW tag teams, I don't really know HEAT (If HEAT even exists anymore), or SD!, so this list is probably missing some teams

Cryme Tyme
Highlanders
Redneck Recking Crew
Spirit Squad splits in two making 2 new teams and leaves one guy in singles action on raw
London and Kendrick
Reunited Hardy Boyz
Reunited WGTT (if they don't have solid plans for a singles career for shelton yet)
Whoever else is put together or missing from this list

The reason this could work from a business standpoint is that ECW as is cannot draw PPV buys, which is why they are just not getting a Decmber PPV, which is what? 6 months after they debuted. If that bombs, this plan might be very interesting to WWE. If RAW and SD! eliminate their tag titles, or the current champs from both brand jump to ECW and have a unification match, the title will be ECW exclusive and more respected. Every now and then ECW gets a spot on a RAW or SD! PPV to have a match for this belt, and it is defended at joint PPV's. A tag PPV alone couldn't draw big buys, so they won't try it, but if the december PPV bombs, they aren't going to try ECW PPV's for a while anyways.

Just a thought that I decided to share, what does everyone think?

Raw's Tag team Division
Redneck Recking Crew
Charlie Haas & Viscera
The Spirit Squad
The Highlanders
Cryme Tyme
Hackshaw Jim Duggan & Eugene
Val Venis and Snitsky

Smackdown's Tag team division
Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Teacher's Pets
Gymini

Ecw's December ppv is December to Dismember
Now as you can see Raw has more Tag teams but Smackdown uses their teams much better.
The ony set of Tag titles that should be eliminated is Raw's Tag team titles

I was not proposing they be eliminated I was proposing they be merged to form one new tag title on the ECW show if all tag teams were relocated to that brand.

wwe should more tag teams that include mid carders like Regal and Finlay together or MVP and the Miz(2 assholes together to piss off the crowd).

Cracker5000 said:
wwe should more tag teams that include mid carders like Regal and Finlay together or MVP and the Miz(2 assholes together to piss off the crowd).

without giving away to much info Smackdown gets another Tag team this week.

FYI, if they were going to ditch a tag team title..it would be the SD belts, as the Raw titles are the ones with the history behind them, they should go back to making te one tag team title be defended on all brands.

tha420dgnr8 said:
FYI, if they were going to ditch a tag team title..it would be the SD belts, as the Raw titles are the ones with the history behind them, they should go back to making te one tag team title be defended on all brands.

My idea is that the titles are unified and moved to ECW so that the tag division can flourish and not be used to put "super teams" over like it has been in the past. RAW and SD! would not have tag titles, or tag teams for the most part, and would be more about singles, would allow the cruiser division on SD! to flourish, and the women s division on RAW or something else to have more air time. I know everyone thinks it will be wierd for RAW and SD! to not have tag titles, but honestly would you miss it? I havent even noticed the division on RAW so cant imagine that i would miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back