Bring the Tag Team Division to ECW

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
As I see it, the tag team division, at the moment, in the WWE is more dry then Joan Rivers bat cave... Something needs to be done to protect this division, and I got an idea I'd like to run by you guys.

If you don't like the idea, fair enough, I just thought I'd throw it out there...

Here it is. Bring in the tag teams and place them on a good spot on ECW.

At the moment what ECW has is okay in my opinion, being that the young talent on there is going after a single belt. I think that's great, we can have young talent on ECW, preparing for the big leagues for SD! and RAW.

But, this might be a little experimental, but make half the show for singles matchs, half for tag teams. Y'know, have the first half of the show ALL about them. Sure you can still have singles cutting promos and fueding and stuff, but just have their matches after the tag teams.

For example, if there are 6 matches in one program, the first three are tag team, the last three are for the young talent in ECW. Have two main events, one for singles, one for tag team action so it would be like.

TT match- TT match- TT main event- S match- S match- S main event.

What do you think so far? Bare with me if you don't like it.

So far, the WWE has two TTs. That's it! Primo and Carlito; and Team Priceless. And I'm talking REAL tag teams, not when they just pair up any random two people to take them on... Like when Cena and Batista took on Team Priceless, or the random pairing of Chavo and Noble.

But how do we solve the problem of not enough TTs? I suggest a special ECW episode called... ECW Tag Team Draft. Not a great name but it works...

Allow me to explain. On each show previous that show, ECW, SD! and RAW, superstars have their name submitted into a Royal Rumble style rotating cylinder thingy. On the show, you can have it like a few angles, for instance on SD! you can have someone like Kung Fu Naki put his name in the cylinder, then have someone like Jesse come in and put his name down. They can clash and really bond and be like "Man, I hope I get drafted with you". Start a relationship between the two. Or have a guy like R-Truth put his name down, then Dolph Ziggler walks in, introduces himself (of course), but they don't get a long, could start a bad relationship and turn into a tag team that don't like each other.

Anyway, when that episode comes on. The entire night will be dedicated to the new tag team division (well mabye not the entire night) 3 or 4 matches (which would mean 6, 7 or 8 more tag teams). Before the first match you'll show all the potentials in a room like the old draft, then the ECW GM will spin the cylinder and pick out a name... Let's say just say mabye "Jesse will be paired with..." Then the spin will start again, "Kung Fu Naki!"

"Okay and their opponents are..." Spin again. "R-Truth will be partners with..." Spinny, Spin, Spin... "Dolph Ziggler!"

In the room you can have Jesse and Kung Fu Naki being excited planning out their stratagy and R-Truth and Zigler arguing who's music they want to come out with... Then they will have their match... Jesse and Fu Naki vs. R-Truth and Ziggler.

Then the same process is repeated for 2 more matches or 3.

Then the last match will be against the TT champions Primo and Carlito who will already be a tag team...

"And their opponents are... Charlie Hass!" Spinnaroonie "And Shelton Benjamin". At which point everyone will be excited that this tag team is back together and they can be like planning their game too, then come out to their music again, mabye not titantron... For believing that they weren't pre-determinded...

I don't really mind who wins that match, but after that episode, there will be a new tag team division on ECW! Where tag teams can fued like normal singles, and they can all aim for the tag team gold! Of course it would be perferred at this point if the tag titles changed into one belt...

So, what did you guys think? Anything there you like?

Please keep to note, that I've had this idea in my mind for a while, so it might seem complicated, but you know how it is having a idea and wanting to share it.

This would solve the tag team problem as well as give some guys who are not doing anything at the moment a chance to band together and go for tag team gold. I'm not saying that the tag teams should stay together forever or anything like that but should always have enough tag teams for the divsion at any one time. Like 5 or 6.

These guys would work:

SD!:

Charlie Haas,
Dolph Ziggler,
Jimmy Wang Yang,
Mike Knox,
R-Truth,
Ricky Ortiz,
Shad,
Shelton Benjamin.

ECW:

DH Smith,
Ezekiel Jackson,
Gregory Helms,
Tyson Kidd.

RAW:

Chavo Guerrero
Goldust,
Jamie Noble,
Sim Snuka.

If their name isn't up there, it's because they are already involved in singles or have the potential to OR just plain SUCK!

Leave comments, be nice!

I agree with the topic creator.

TNA's tag team is better (my opinion), and if ECW re-debuted the Tag titles, that could freshen up WWE's tag division.

Then again, ECW isn't really tag-friendly at the moment, what with their lackluster roster.

I miss Danny Doring and Roadkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back