• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I know how the Undertaker's streak should end

gwumusic10

Gwumusic10
Now keep in mind I do not want this streak to ever end but if WWE ever decides to then I know how they should:

The Undertaker hits the chokeslam and is setting up for the match winning tombstone pile driver. All of a sudden the lights go out. When the lights come on what do you see?

Every Wrestlemania opponent that the Undertaker has sacrificed surrounding the ring (at least those who are still living and physically able to).

The thought process would be: What one man couldn't do himself we all can join together and end the streak.

They all storm the ring and beat the Undertaker down until he is down for good and whoever his opponent that year is gets the victory.

After everyone has cleared the Undertaker is laying in the ring and the purple lights come on and the chant music only to see the druids coming down.

They grab the Undertaker and carry him to the back never to be heard from again.

So what are your thoughts? Would you add anything to this scenario?

I have stated this before in earlier topics, but I don't believe Taker's WrestleMania streak should ever end. It is a major milestone accomplishment that will never be duplicated again and to end that just makes no sense. However, IF the streak does end, it should be to build a new star into the next phenom Taker type of character to take his spot once he retires. Currently, there are no real candidates to replace Taker on the active roster so having him lose the streak doesn't work[to me anyway]. Time will tell, but I don't think there is someone capable of replacing Taker and he needs something to define his hall-of-fame career. Taking away Taker's streak is essentially taking away his identity.

Next WM have a buried alive mach Taker vs HHH w Vince as manager. HHH pedigrees Taker into the hole and then gets in the dump truck to tip the soil and vince is gloating at the edge when Taker rises and chokeslams vince in the hole as HHH buries them both....a great way for both to retire and gives HHH his last real accomplishment.

The Undertaker hits the chokeslam and is setting up for the match winning tombstone pile driver. All of a sudden the lights go out. When the lights come on what do you see?

Every Wrestlemania opponent that the Undertaker has sacrificed surrounding the ring (at least those who are still living and physically able to).

The thought process would be: What one man couldn't do himself we all can join together and end the streak.

They all storm the ring and beat the Undertaker down until he is down for good and whoever his opponent that year is gets the victory.

After everyone has cleared the Undertaker is laying in the ring and the purple lights come on and the chant music only to see the druids coming down.

They grab the Undertaker and carry him to the back never to be heard from again.

This is a pretty cool idea that I've never heard before till now. No offense if someone else on the forum has suggested it before. If they did this though I wouldn't want them to have him facing a young or newer guy. If they picked a young gun to beat him it would be a massive accomplishment for the kid, but if they did it this way then it would take away a lot of the push the victory would give him. If they did do this I think they need to pick a past victim of the streak, and I think the perfect person for the job would be Jake The Snake Roberts! I'm not sure if he could physically do it, so that could end my idea right there, but I think it would be cool if he came back and swore he could end the streak and that he has a plan. He seems like the kind of Intelligent guy who would come up with this kind of idea. Then after everyone else beats the hell out of the Undertaker, Roberts can deliver the final DDT and put the deadman away. At least thats how i would do it. Oh and as far as adding anything to your proposed scenario, you only forgot one thing. At some point maybe before the druids come out to get the Undertaker, they need to play one good, "ooooh yeeaaa" for Paul Bearer. It would be like he's sending the druids to bring the deadman home.

The streak should never end. I once said that Undertaker's last match should be against Vince McMahon at WrestleMania. A Street Fight that has lots of shenanigans, but ends with Taker winning, extending the streak, and both of them retiring from the WWE.

Vince McMahon eh? The idea made me smile, but VKM is 68 years old. I don't think he has a match in him (even a match with a ton of run-ins), at 68. The promos would be amazing, but the match could be a disaster. Undertaker's last Mania match has to be an epic struggle.

A corporate Cena character representing McMahon could provide the avenue for some amazing promos between VKM and Taker. "NO CHANCE IN HELL YOU ARE NOT RETIRING FROM MY COMPANY UNDEFEATED AT MY SHOW."

The idea is okay at best even in Fantasy Land, in execution it would probably be cringe-worthy. Up until the past few years, Taker wrestled a lot of mid-carders at Mania. Sid trying to Powerbomb Taker could be dangerous, but maybe Kevin Nash can text himself to get the ball rolling on this idea.

Tbh it's not great. Seeing the Streak ended by extreme heel tactics would feel pretty crappy, especially if we never see taker again after that. It would feel cheap and like Taker's streak/career was taken from him/us, when I'm sure most of us would prefer even in losing that he went out on his own terms like Flair and HBK did.

Sadly enough this isn't a scenario I would add anything to so much as change it from the ground up. Even if I wanted to end the streak(which I don't) I wouldn't use anything heelish like numbers game, ref bumps, ref didn't see it etc etc, I would make him lose clean. Doing otherwise would make people want Taker to come back to get his revenge for being cheated, when he should be retiring after the match.

A similar idea would've been good a while ago when Taker could still wrestle full time, like back when Orton had legacy around or Edge had his edge-heads, they had the numbers advantage but least it would set up for future matches so we would get something out of it. But those days are long gone and if Taker's streak had to end, I want him on his feet after the match over with the entire arena screaming and clapping "Thank you Taker!"

I'm not gunna lie, I expected to have to bash a poster coming in here, but damn that's one hell of an idea.

Although I don't think the streak should end, I think this idea could still be used in an Undertaker victory. Imagine all those wrestlers coming out and beating him down and walking out, and he STILL kicks out? That'd be insane. Have him finish his opponent and then have those Druids come down and carry him away in the casket because he'd be practically dead after the win ala Mania 27.

The problem I see with this, is the fact that Undertaker is the most respected man in the business. It's very clear that Triple H and Shawn respect him and the business. It would go against everything they stood for, to take him out that way. It would just be weird as hell. That's 5 of his opponents right there. Orton declined ending the streak before the streak even became a big thing out of respect for The Undertaker. I doubt he will do it this dirty way either. That eliminates 6 opponents. Ric Flair, is a well respected veteran. He also respects Taker too much, one would think, to send him off in such cheap fashion. That's 7. Bossman is dead, Giant Gonzalez is dead. That's 9.

This leaves us with Kane, Nash, Sycho Sid, Show, Tensai, Mark Henry, Batista. This would look nice since it's pretty much a bunch of huge guys, except Batista(who is smaller than Orton now). I think, in theory, there would be nothing wrong with this bunch of people other than the fact that people will bitch about Nash and Batista being involved. But the thing is, if they mention this group as his previous opponents, then how will they explain why the others didn't come out and help? I do agree that it should be a bunch of people attacking Taker to end it, if it does end. If you haven't I suggest you watch the ending to the casket match between Taker and Yokozuna at the 1994 Rumble. There were like 8 guys that came out and jumped Taker, and he actually put up a fight for a few minutes before slowly going down. Then there was this awesome promo on the Titantron where you see Taker inside a casket, coming back to life, and he declares that you haven't seen the last of him. Then there was a bunch of electrcity and it explodes and it show Taker in like pure energy form or something and he rises out of the Titantron and you see a giant hologram of him. That shit was legit good. Something like that should happen again.

I do have an alternative that might make your idea work. As before, I had a list of people that would not logically make sense sending him off in such fashion and then there was a list of big guys. Perhaps if the big guys ran in and then the other guys came to the rescue. So basically it pans out and you see Taker and his opponent alone in the middle of the ring with a masive brawl surrounding the ring. They could even get creative and have flames and fog to add to the "Final Showdown" feel. Eventually Kane comes in and looks his brother in the eyes, tells him it's over, hugs him, and then Tombstones the battered Undertaker. His opponent is stunned. Kane goes and helps him up, then Tombstones the shit out of him too and drags him on top of The Undertaker. Maybe the monster sheds his first tear here. Everyone stops brawling outside and looks on stunned. They all get in and clap for Taker, maybe hoist him up in the air. Kane looks at him and says he is sorry and he had to do it. Michelle McCool comes out with their kids. They come hug him. She says that they can all finally rest in peace. He does his salute thing and they turn out the lights and have him and his family disapear and have the entire arena on their feet as they play a Taker montage.

Oh yea, also I guess CM Punk faced Taker at Mania too.

I think this is pretty cool. I agree with the concerns that whoever was in the scheduled match might not get the rub they deserve, but I think you could frame it to avoid that with some careful construction of the angle. First, a bunch of the guys fall in naturally together. With a little development you could have the Authority/Evolution/DX/Kliq guys fall in behind Hunter (Orton, Batista, Naitch, Nash, and HBK). Maybe it's just set up in such a way that it becomes clear these guys are trying to put out the Undertaker, so they fall in line. That's a big chunk of the Streak right there, and it wouldn't be too outlandish to see them recruit guys like Big Show and the others who are around.

Then you make it clear that whoever is in the match has been recruiting their support, or maybe the match is with a face and he's been seeming to do everything in his power to keep these guys with the grudge against Taker out of it, preferring a clean match, only to embrace it when the match comes around, making one of the most epic heel turns off all time. With proper storytelling, you've made one major, major heel while also directing some serious wrath at the other guys.

I disagree with some of the people who say major heel tactics shouldn't end the streak. I think it's the ONLY way to end the Streak. Taker's legacy is preserved to some extent, he never lost cleanly, but you've given somebody a lifetime ticket to heel superstardom. The promo the next night on Raw would be pure gold. Maybe have all those guys standing behind him in the ring as he brags about the victory. With guys like Hunter, Flair, and Orton, some of the great heels of different eras, it would really feel like a passing of the torch with mega heat from all directions.

But I'm also of the opinion, and have been for a long time, that never ending the streak would be one of the biggest wasted opportunities in the history of wrestling, so I'm a little biased here.

In a world where the outcome is predetermined, I think it would be rather petty for Taker not to let someone end the streak. I am presuming he will have the final say. If HHH says no and Taker says yes then the streak will almost certainly end. That is the level Taker is at.

Flair went out with an emotional loss at Wrestlemania. Shawn likewise. Since Triple H is going to be in the business for life it would never work but otherwise I'm sure he would have gone down the same route. Taker may want to lose his last match and I think it should happen. 22 -1 (or whatever) is still phenomenal and he will still remain one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

I'd do it in a straight up singles match. He is getting older and I'm pretty sure Heyman said something about how the streak is getting closer to ending each year. Hence why him losing clean would make sense. Cena and potentially Reigns are the best two options in my mind. Cena one of the greatest of all time and if Taker is choosing then he will and should get the nod. Reigns would benefit from the rub and it would be an awesome feat for a young superstar.

If the streak doesn't end then I'm fine with it. It is part of Taker's legacy but when he retires it won't matter as much. Whereas Taker (and his streak) would remain relevant for years to come if someone like Reigns ended the Streak.

I think UT streak should end as many wrestling fans are growing tired of him and I think Brock should be that candidate otherwise his UFC image will be tarnished and make Brock look defeatable .Aren t we all bored and grown tired of the beer bellin ,leather claddin mascara wearn cripplin tearin old man I sure I . We all know Goldberg's streak surpassed UT by a long shot and even GOLDBERGS streak cae to an end as nothing lasts forever changes need to be made

I think the Undertakes streak should end with a screw job, as big as the one Vince did with Shawn and Bret. It was a big deal back then remember how big it was? Maybe they can do it again. But in a manner as to where the media will capture it and cause a big issue, causing the Undertaker to quit and leave.

As to what I said above, I think Cena would be the perfect candidate for that type of screw job. Just think of it, that would be the best way to turn Cena heel! By screwing the Undertaker!

Cena may not break the streak,BUT it would be great chance for a heel turn...
After Taker wins one heck of a match,Taker goes to shake Cena's hand...they shake and it all seems fine and dandy,then BANG!!..AA..You can't see me....Cena goes and gets a chair or cane or whatever and beats the the high,holy heck out of him!!!
Walks out to the boos and jeers,"come on let me hear it" as he's walking up the aisle.

The most suited person in my mind to end the streak is Kane. I am well aware that the Kane option will probably never happen. HBK and Triple H are out of the equation. If Undertaker's last match takes place against The Rock, so God help me or I will shoot myself.

Much against my wishes, a valid contender is also John Cena. There aren't many others who are left with his caliber to wrestler.

There is also Y2J, who I would love to see against Taker at Mania. Y2J wouldn't care about losing and I'm sure he wouldn't want to end the streak, but I am sure they would put on a great match nonetheless.

A lot of people mention younger names to end the Streak such as Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt. That won't happen, nor should it considering how respected Undertaker is in the business. Breaking the streak just to gain a major elevation to a rookie career is a bad move.

If they can bring back the masked Kane gimmick and have them fight the final match in a Buried Alive Match then that would be fantastic. The last match with Triple H should have been Undertaker's last match, but that isn't the case so I say the top 3 contenders to end the streak would have to be Kane, John Cena, or a rematch with CM Punk.

I know I'm bound to get hate for my last option, but I really don't mind because I think Punk earned it. Any of these options before the Rock, and have Undertaker lose cleanly. Who knows, maybe end the match in a draw? That way it still doesn't tarnish the streak with a 1 loss record.

No offense, but that might be the worst idea I've ever read...for anything, anywhere, ever.

There's an argument to be made for letting him retire with the streak or letting someone end it. The benefit of keeping the streak, of course, is that one of the most legendary figures in wrestling history gets to retire with an accomplishment that will probably never be approached, let alone matched. The benefit of letting someone end it, of course, is that whoever ends it gets a massive rub, a massive boost, and bragging rights for the rest of their career. Pinning The Undertaker at WrestleMania is something that would make a career. It'd be one of the biggest moments in the history of pro wrestling.

And this idea gives you neither. Undertaker loses his streak and whoever pins him gets absolutely nothing out of it. If this actually happened, people would forever look back at it as one of the dumbest things that's ever happened and one of the worst booking decisions ever made.

Think about this. Remember how Goldberg's streak ended? Scott Hall using a taser on him? You know how horribly stupid that was, right? This would be just as bad, if not worse.

That being said, collecting all 18(so far, including Brock) guys he's beaten together is a neat idea. It'd be pretty cool if they all came out and applauded when Undertaker's career is over, whether they're applauding the guy that beats him or applauding him ending his career undefeated, if he announces in advance that it'll be his last match. That's be a nice WrestleMania moment.

It certainly is an interesting idea. I'll give you props, it seems original and kinda makes sense. The problem, however, is that it just doesn't seem to fit the story as nicely as you think. It would be a cheap way to end the streak. And if anyone every does end the streak, it should be done as a way to propel that person foreword. Ending the streak should be used like Chris Jericho becoming the first Undisputed champion. Something for that person that does it to go, "Look what I did. I'm a star because I did what nobody else did before, and nobody else will ever do again. I'm special, and you should pay money to see me because of that!" The gang up ending would just sully the ending. If the streak isn't used to push someone, then it shouldn't be broken. So by having the gang up finish, you end the streak, and nobody gets to walk away as a superstar saying "I beat the streak. ME" because it wasn't one guy, it was everybody. And if everybody is on the same level, then nobody is special, and nobody cares. People will pay to see the guy who ended the streak. Nobody will pay to see the 20 guys who beat down 1 guy. That's not an accomplishment, that's the cowards way out. And the cowards way out won't draw money. The accomplishment will.

So, with my idea I'm trying to think long term. I don't want Mark to have to hide for the rest of his life like he has during his WWE career. My idea, while not very well thought out, tries to humanize him a little.

-Undertaker comes out on RAW to make an announcement. When he goes to speak a druid appear on the titantron.
-The druid (voice disguised) talks about how the streak is a hollow. That no one cares about it but that like all mortal things it must end. `Taker responds by challenging whoever the druid is to a match WrestleMania.
-The druid says that the streak is destined to be end by a mortal not him. (Probably Reigns)
-The build up revolves more around who the druid is rather than the Streak. `Taker accuses people such as Kane, Vince, Big Show, etc.
-Reigns gets the upper hand of all the encounters because `Taker is focused on the druid too much.
-The druid comes out with Reigns and stands at the bottom of the ramp. `Taker loses clean because he tries to keep an eye on the druid.
-Post match: `Taker is laying motionless in the ring. The druid enter the and kneels next to the body and begins to cut promo about `Taker streak being dead. `Taker sits up and grabs the druid by the throat.
-`Taker gets up and pulls the hood back to reveal Michelle McCool (close up of `Taker's reaction would be good here). She is crying and says she did this so that he would come home. She begs him to move on because there's nothing left for him to do.
-`Taker considers, they embraces. ("Thank you `Taker" chant would work here)
-`Taker poses and walks back up the ramp with Michelle. They stop at the top of the ramp. They both give us a final fist in the air and walk off to the back.

We get to see `Taker humanized so that he can make a few appearances on WWE programming without worrying about keeping character. It puts Reigns (whoever) over because they were able to end the Streak. I always worry that a younger guy ending the streak might give SuperCena 2.0 which none of us want.

Mark wouldn't have to hide anymore. It might be a nice send off for Michelle too.

So, with my idea I'm trying to think long term. I don't want Mark to have to hide for the rest of his life like he has during his WWE career. My idea, while not very well thought out, tries to humanize him a little.

-Undertaker comes out on RAW to make an announcement. When he goes to speak a druid appear on the titantron.
-The druid (voice disguised) talks about how the streak is a hollow. That no one cares about it but that like all mortal things it must end. `Taker responds by challenging whoever the druid is to a match WrestleMania.
-The druid says that the streak is destined to be end by a mortal not him. (Probably Reigns)
-The build up revolves more around who the druid is rather than the Streak. `Taker accuses people such as Kane, Vince, Big Show, etc.
-Reigns gets the upper hand of all the encounters because `Taker is focused on the druid too much.
-The druid comes out with Reigns and stands at the bottom of the ramp. `Taker loses clean because he tries to keep an eye on the druid.
-Post match: `Taker is laying motionless in the ring. The druid enter the and kneels next to the body and begins to cut promo about `Taker streak being dead. `Taker sits up and grabs the druid by the throat.
-`Taker gets up and pulls the hood back to reveal Michelle McCool (close up of `Taker's reaction would be good here). She is crying and says she did this so that he would come home. She begs him to move on because there's nothing left for him to do.
-`Taker poses and walks back up the ramp with Michelle. They stop at the top of the ramp. They both give us a final fist in the air and walk off to the back.

We get to see `Taker humanized so that he can make a few appearances on WWE programming without worrying about keeping character. It puts Reigns (whoever) over because they were able to end the Streak. I always worry that a younger guy ending the streak might give SuperCena 2.0 which none of us want.

Mark wouldn't have to hide anymore. It might be a nice send off for Michelle too.

Whilst the idea is interesting and has some merit....may I ask why Mark would have to 'hide' when his career is over?

I am sure when he hangs it up and comes back for sporadic special appearances, that fans would want to see the Undertaker again,not really Mark Calloway in terms of appearances on RAW/SD/PPVs,etc...

However, when it is called for such as interviews and suchlike, in such cases, he would be himself instead of the gimmick as it wouldn't be as rigid as it is now in terms of keeping kayfabe.

At the end of the day, the WWE Universe knows him as the Undertaker, and when making special appearances, they will want him to return as the Undertaker....not Mark Calloway,lMO.

I'm honestly not too crazy about your idea, and I don't think the streak needs to end. The Undertaker is a character that "lives forever", so it makes sense that the streak would never die.

The only way I could see the streak ending is if they used it as the catalyst for the often talked about John Cena heel turn. That would be the biggest angle in wrestling history. Imagine if at WrestleMania 32, in front of 100 000 fans in Undertaker's home state, John Cena beat the Undertaker to end the streak. That would be the greatest WrestleMania moment of all time, and it wouldn't even be close. For Cena then to come out the next night and cut a heel promo on it would be amazing. That would top Hogan joining the NWO.

Is it actually worth throwing away the legacy of the streak to pull the trigger on that heel turn? That's really a question for another thread.

I think a Buried Alive Match against Bray Wyatt is how it should end. Even if somehow both of them end up buried and just Bray returns eventually. Might show Bray's willingness to sacrifice himself for his cause or something. If they somehow pulled off both of them being buried alive and then a hand popping up and Bray climbing out of the dirt laughing hysterically I would shit my pants. Not sure how that could work with special effects and that crap, but it would be epic.

Corey Ledesma, just stop it. This sounds like some shit you would see on a special episode of the power rangers after Tommy tries to come back over and over.

This just wouldn't work in the WWE. It's too movie like.

I also thought Kane (heel) should end the streak in a burial match to end the storyline. i know he fought him twice at Mania before but it just makes sense storyline wise. If i'm not sure, I thought it was an article saying Taker wanted Cena to end the streak.

I think the crowd would hate it. It's definitely creative. I don't think The Streak will end, it's too much money behind it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back