• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Should Undertaker's Career End?

His current character is built around the fact that he died. I like the idea of inducting into the HOF at Mania and then losing at a later PPV never to be seen from again but him dying is stupid as his character already died before hence his name the Deadman

Nobody, and you in particular, should attempt to pick holes in any aspect of The Undertaker's career or his character. He'd died a few times. It's unimportant. The Undertaker character is well loved, but dumb as fuck. Let's accept it and try to move on with our lives.

You kill off the zombie Undertaker character because a retired Undertaker appearing in the future doesn't work. Fortunately there's the American Bad-Ass version to fall back on should WWE bring out Mark Calaway for a ratings boosting segment.

His current character is built around the fact that he died. I like the idea of inducting into the HOF at Mania and then losing at a later PPV never to be seen from again but him dying is stupid as his character already died before hence his name the Deadman

I disagree entirely. WWE should NEVER "kill off" anyone. It's a PG show for starts, but that's besides the point. The wrestling business is riddled with tragic stories of early death. There is absolutely no good that can come out of killing someone off on-screen. Last thing we need is for the media to pick up on Undertaker's on-screen death and compare it to Chris Benoit's suicide just for kicks.

He should lose in his final match and it should happen at Survivor Series.

That would work; it's having his cake and eating it, too. He could keep his glorious WM streak alive for all time......while still passing the torch either to some deserving young soul who is deemed worthy......or to someone like John Cena, who has generously belied the "Cena never loses!" tag thrown by some good folks on this forum by losing to The Rock, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, etc.

Of course, if I'm to be literal in the way the thought is conveyed, I should say: "Cena never looses!")

At S.S. you could build the show around it and he can put somebody over before he leaves. Who I don't know. It's unimportant really. He should also "die". Have the Undertaker character killed off. It might sound silly, and it is, but so is The Undertaker. He's the master of silly.

I like the idea of Undertaker "dying" in theory but because of the Owen Hart thing and the close calls of people dying in the ring, I don't think WWE would go anywhere near that type of storyline where he would "die" in the ring.

I like the idea of Undertaker "dying" in theory but because of the Owen Hart thing and the close calls of people dying in the ring, I don't think WWE would go anywhere near that type of storyline where he would "die" in the ring.

Wouldn't be a problem. Undertaker "died" in 1994 at the Rumble and against Survivor Series '03 and probably times inbetween that escape me right now. It's The Undertaker, nobody would relate it to an actual death. It'd just be a closing for the character. You end with a flash or image of The Undertaker doing something to close the segment. It doesn't end on a sombre note.

The next night he comes out on Raw in plain clothes and says his thanks.

Undertaker is clearly on his way out its only a matter of time before 'Taker stops doing his mania only work load. Now most people say Taker should remain undefeated at Wrestlemania, myself included. However some people believe he should 'pass the torch' on his way out.

Now just because Undertaker remains undefeated, doesn't mean he can't pass the torch. For example, Undertaker could be revealed as Bray Wyatt's higher power and Taker could then go on and teach Bray the "dark arts" and mentor him and thus pass the torch. A similar path could be taken with Conor O'Brian who holds a similar gimmick to Undertaker down in NXT.

On the flip side of the coin if Undertaker is to lose I would see Roman Reigns as a potential candidate. Its rumoured that WWE feels Reigns could be a future star and face of the company. Is there any bigger way of making someone a star than having them overpower the streak? I don't think so.

So how would you like to see Undertaker bow out from wrestling? Should he remain undefeated and if so how does he leave?

OR Should Undertaker lose his final match at Wrestlemania and if so who should get the prestigious honour?
Hello. I saw this and thought I would join the forum to respond to this topic. You see I am and Undertaker expert unlike alot of CM Plunk fans.

This is the only way it can and should happen.

Sting comes back to challenge the Undertaker they fight at Wrestlemania. Stings going to win so Keane comes out and hits Sting with Pall Bearers bronze vase, the urn.

The urn does nothing and Sting sits up and rolls his eyes back in his head. He takes the urn of Keane and sucks both him and the Undertaker into the urn with his powers. Pins the urn 1,2,3 and its over.

He goes backstage and looks in the urn and you can see the ghastly faces of Bearer, Keane and Taker spinning round in a green vortex of soul powers screaming.

Sting then reveals to them he is Bearer, Keane and Takers father all along and it was a plot. He then sucks himself into the urn and Vince Mcmahon locks the urn and puts it in his lair.

Fade to black with nothing but the prisoners of the urn screaming away.

This is likely to happen exceot with maybe someone strong like John Cena or Henry winning the match.

Wrestling is still closer to reality than complete fantasy.
Doing that type of storyline would make a joke out of those successful gimmicks

Hello. I saw this and thought I would join the forum to respond to this topic. You see I am and Undertaker expert unlike alot of CM Plunk fans.

This is the only way it can and should happen.

Sting comes back to challenge the Undertaker they fight at Wrestlemania. Stings going to win so Keane comes out and hits Sting with Pall Bearers bronze vase, the urn.

The urn does nothing and Sting sits up and rolls his eyes back in his head. He takes the urn of Keane and sucks both him and the Undertaker into the urn with his powers. Pins the urn 1,2,3 and its over.

He goes backstage and looks in the urn and you can see the ghastly faces of Bearer, Keane and Taker spinning round in a green vortex of soul powers screaming.

Sting then reveals to them he is Bearer, Keane and Takers father all along and it was a plot. He then sucks himself into the urn and Vince Mcmahon locks the urn and puts it in his lair.

Fade to black with nothing but the prisoners of the urn screaming away.

This is likely to happen exceot with maybe someone strong like John Cena or Henry winning the match.

I Love You.

Ok now for me I am much for phantasmic fantasy as well but I would much rather Taker defeat his last opponent with all that's left within him then afterwards call for the druids. they come out worg a long black coffin and he does the Rest in Peace cut throat taunt then points at the coffin. it opens and he steps inside. lays down with his hands over his chest in a moribund sight. rolls his eyes back. fog fills the arena and the druids take him away

Taker should lose his final match at Mania...and then carried out by the druids.

No, he shouldnt lose to Kane. That angle is played out. You need to look towards an established star that still has a bright future. Unlike CM Punk, Cena has mentioned multiple times that he plans to stick around for awhile..so I wouldnt be opposed to a Cena win (although many would hate it).

Ive said for a long time now, WWE needs to bring back the wow factor. They need to bring back the "holy shit" moments that once made the company so great. Undertaker losing at Mania will be an unforgettable moment.

Remember when Vince on commentary used to say, "Anything can happen in the WWF!"?
Well I wish that were still true today. Unfortunately theres no competition to force the issue...but having the right guys behind the curtains calling the shots, maybe just MAYBE we'll get the magic back.

I'd have him win his match at Wrestlemania 30 and go down in his one knee pose and have the announcers shut up for a few minutes and let the crowd give him his ovation.

That's it. That would be the end. Undertaker in his iconic pose and that's the last memory we have of him as far as being in the ring goes.

Then obviously he'll be in the Hall of Fame. Probably in 2015.

I'm ready for him to go away and I don't see a problem with him going out on top.

I'm not sure who I'd pick for his last opponent though. Since I'd have him win it doesn't really matter who he faces I guess but at the same time it would be an honor for anyone to get to face him in his last match.

I don't think the streak should be broken unless that's what The Undertaker wants. If it is to be broken i'd like to see Roman Reigns end it as I see him as the next great big man. As for how Undertaker goes out. I see Taker lying in the ring then the lights go out then come back on with a beam of light focusing on an urn in the center of the ring

I live near Taker, and he said himself that he will retire whenever he loses. I don't know how serious he was being when he said this, but I do see a big problem with it. The big problem being of course, the who. There isn't a single name in wrestling as big as Undertaker who can still work a match. Cena is the biggest star, but no icon. Giving it to an up and comer is too risky. What happens when, two years down the road, the rookie suffers a career ending injury, moves to TNA or just decides that he can't handle the schedule. I personally don't think Taker should lose at Mania.

I do have an interesting way to send him off though. If Daniel Bryan actually does join the Wyatt's then he can go on and brutally destroy his old partner Kane. Taker seeks vengeance and we get an incredibly brutal back and forth match between an unrelenting under dog(although heel) and an icon. It could beat out his Summer Slam match(which I thought was match of the year). This could also paralell Taker's WM 29 match. The promos would be great because Bray Wyatt could do all the talking. He can talk about how Taker was a monster but has gone week and is nothing but a Sheep now. Taker could cut some promos and abductIt ends with Taker hitting the Tombstone for the win, only to be decimated by all four of the new Wyatt family and taken away forever!

All records are made to be broken. I think I'm one of the few people who actually say that Undertakers streak should end at some point (as long as he's healthy enough to compete when that time comes). I think his final match should be a buried alive match at wrestlemania. Maybe not this one, but certainly by Wrestlemania 32. And the man I would have end it.... drumroll.... JOHN CENA. There isn't really another superstar worthy of ending such a streak (maybe Orton but he already lost to taker at mania). So I say, John Cena vs. Undertaker in a buried alive match with John Cena winning. It's only fitting he goes out at his pay-per-view, losing the greatest WWE streak of all time, and his own type of match. Undertaker being buried alive at wrestlemania.. It would be an epic moment.

I remember Mania XXVI, the Streak vs. Career, and I really didn't think Shawn Michael's was retiring, nor did I think the streak would end. So, I predicted them wrestling to a draw of some sort, whether by double pin or time limit or something like that. I still think that would be a viable way to eat the cake and have it. Taker remains undefeated, but you can still put someone over as having done something that no one else could do.

As far as who to do that with, I think it's too early to say. Cena, Sting, and Lesnar seem to be the perennial candidates that get mentioned every year as the only truly high-calibur opponents left. And then every year there's some new "hot rookie" candidate like Ryback or Roman Reigns who people think should get that ultimate push by beating the streak. Personally I think it should be someone in the middle. Someone who's established enough that there's a limited risk of them suddenly fizzling out, but who also needs a monumental moment like that to really cement a legacy. Who this would be really depends on when that last match is, which still could be a few years away for all we know.

I really like the idea someone mentioned earlier of having the druids come out with the casket and Taker voluntarily laying down in it. I think the only fitting conclusion to the Deadman's story is for him to finally be able to rest in peace.

I used to be on the "up and comer" vs. Undertaker bandwagon as his last match, but now I am starting to see the real problem that can face. Just like the situation with any rookie of the year, there is a chance that they will up and quit. That would give Taker's Streak a very anti-climatic end.

Taker's Streak can't be taken by a young guy. That's what has me believing that his last match at WrestleMania should be against his storyline brother, Kane.

Their history fed off of one another. Kane came in to make Taker's life hell. When Taker donned the biker gimmick, Kane was there to bury him alive. Remember his reason for it? Biker Taker was too human. Now fast forward to today. Kane has abandoned his Devil's Favorite Demon gimmick for a suit. He is the one who has become too human now. It would be perfectly fitting for Taker to face Kane.

Kane would lose, and Taker will go out in a stunning display of pyrotechnics with his right hand raised high just like he does with most of his victories.

Storybook ending? Maybe not. Safe? Yes, and that is why WWE would most likely go that route in case they want to toss Taker around for ratings like they've done with every other legend.

my guess is taker never loss at mania. He end his career with undefeated streak. Its pay tribute to taker by wwe. wwe never made that mistake unless they go crazy. He is the wwe guy so wwe dont made that mistake.

If anyone should beat The Undertaker, it should be Roman Reigns. And they could start the build that much as early as the next ppv. You have CM Punk vs the Shield at TLC. Towards the end of that match, you could have the shield dominating, about to finish Punk off... The lights go out. BWONG! Music starts playing... But no one comes out. Lights come up. All three members are laid out cold. Punk covers any one of them for the win. The Shield try to move past it but it eats at them. They enter the Royal Rumble. This is when we first see Taker. He takes all three of the members out at different times. Now they are pissed. They spend the next couple weeks arguing over who gets the chance to get Taker in a match. At Elimination Chamber, there is a triple threat match between the members of the Shield to decide who gets to face him at Mania. Reigns wins after what will likely be an awesome match. Cut to Wrestlemania. Roman Reigns vs. Undertaker. Now, I don't really think it matter if Reigns wins or not, if they put on a good enough match. But if Reigns was to be the guy to end the streak, I think that would put him in line for a title shot after the Wrestlemania season is over.

Young up and comers are too risky to end the streak with. Like what if they had this idea a lot sooner, like with someone that was young and really hot back in the day, someone like Brock Lesnar. And Brock was pushed almost as far as a guy can get, I can only imagine how many titles he would've won if he never left. But despite the huge push and being very close to the top of the mountain he still left, and the streak wouldn't have been nearly as impressive as it is today.

Here's one possible way I would've like to see Taker go out: At WM30.
I absolutely love taker but it's clear that he really can't go much longer, much less at a high level. Chances are 30 could very well be his last great match. So picture this: Authority has pretty much squashed anyone that tried to oppose them. Bryan, Show, Cena, Punk, you get the point. HHH cuts a promo saying that there's no one left to oppose him, now he can finally run things the way he really wants to, blah blah evil stuff.
Taker comes out, and that eventually leads a Authority vs Taker's career match at WM.
Taker wins, HHH/Steph "gets fired", loses, retires. HHH can also cut a promo on how he's still pissed that Taker ended the career of his best friend, and now he finally gets a chance to do the same, just to add more into this idea.

Naturally it's a no DQ match, and shield eventually gets involved. They beat him down, setup him up for the triple powerbomb. Kane runs down, and says that he wants to do it. HHH is all smiles and motions Reigns to move aside. Kane gets into position, and then grabs Reigns by the throat and gives him a chokeslam. Meanwhile Taker recovers and the Brothers of destruction fights off Rollins and Ambrose. HHH runs off to get his signature sledgehammer, but then runs right into a double chokeslam. Then Taker does his final tombstone piledriver for the win.

The main motivation behind this idea is there is one thing that Taker was really famous for, and that was being the one hero that would take out the villain that no one else could. What better way to end his amazing career then by taking out the biggest villain we had in years?

I think it should end however he wants it to end. He has more then earned the right to decide how he goes out. Not many stars can say they reached the level where they can pick exactly how that moment will go back i think taker has. He has been extremely loyal to WWE and a work horse for two decades. He is also well known for helping out the younger/unpolished talent.

If he wants to lose to a up and comer at WM i am fairly sure vince will agree to it and make it happen

If he wants to drop the streak to a Cena or someone already well established then avian i think vince will go for it.

Lastly if he wants to go out on top winning the title at a WM then retiring he will get that aswell.

All that being said i have a feeling he would rather pass the torch to a younger guy ( he already did with orton who turned it down out of respect) and would put his foot down this time and say it will be ended assuming there is that talent out there. Taker seems to me as a guy who really understands that torches have to be passed for the good of the business even if they dont always turn out good. My guess is Wyatt would make a good fit assuming taker is good to go come WM 31 if that is when he wants to go out but we have to see how it goes

Edit: Please god no Taker vs HHH 4

This could be the one thing that WWE doesn't mess up in some way, the ONE!! He needs to retire with the streak in tact, whenever that is. End of story.

Santino wins MITB. At Wrestlemania, Undertaker wins the WWE title, but then Santino cashes in on a fatigued deadman. One use of the Cobra and 1..2...3! Santino ends the streak!

I love how everyone assumes Takers last match has to be at Mania....I could see them having it at Survior Series to come full circle on his career

But otherwise I can see a good scenario here

Taker wins and the streak is done at 22(3) and 0. Next night on raw He says it has been a great carrer but even the dead need to rest and then Roman Reigns comes out (or another dominant up and comer if they have one by then) and say Taker congarts on the career..and says you are smart..Smart to retire. Smart to stay undefeated...Smart to ...avoid ME....Cuz you know if you had faced me instead of these washed up old fogeies you would have that 1

Taker tells him to watch himself and not to write a check his mouth cant cash. The guy says no this is your night so I will let you walk out and then leaves...but later in the night Taker is brutally attacked and laid out

We assume its this guy but its really someone setting him up (say Dean Ambrose if its Roman)

At Summerslam its booked as a handicap match of Roman vs Seth/Ambrose and Ambrose pushing that is about Justice ...for the Undertaker...before its revealed that Dean/Rollins did it. Taker comes out during the match helps Roman win

Next Night Taker comes out says he owes him an apology and offers him what he wanted all along a match at SS Taker vs Reigns....and after a brutal; match Reigns wins...Taker shakes his hand and then light goes out ad Taker is gone with just his hat left in the ring

I'd like to see The Undertaker go out losing to all 3 members of The Shield at Wrestlemania. Not only could it have a great build up with something like The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family facing off inside the Elimination Chamber for the right to face Taker at Mania & some great fallout with The Shield eventually splitting possibly even due to arguing over who truly beat The Undertaker & ended The Streak but it would also wrap up Taker's unfinished business with The Shield & give three of the biggest up & coming stars a HUGE push. Not to mention that way WWE doesn't put all their eggs in one basket if something crazy happened like if Reigns suffered a career ending injury soon after & then ofcourse the WWE can always claim it took 3 Superstars to finally end Taker's undefeated streak.

I also really liked one posters idea about how the final image of Taker's final Mania should look. Whether he wins or loses, Taker hits his bowing pose on one knee, the gong hits & lights go out & the second the lights come back on & his music starts playing, The Undertaker is simply gone & vanishes as mysteriously as he arrived with only his hat, coat & urn laying ominously in the ring. & that would be the last time anyone ever sees The Undertaker character ever again. Then the following year Mark Callaway can return for his Hall Of Fame induction (obviously the WWE would announce him as The Undertaker but no eyes rolling back, no hat, no gloves, no coat, no urn, etc. Just Glenn Jacobs presenting for him & Mark in his usual black biker attire speaking from the heart).

I don't think the streak should ever end, Undertaker's streak is one of the main reasons WrestleMania is WWE's top Pay-Per-View, cause you always have an interesting storyline going in and almost always a phenomenal match. For example, the CM Punk taking the Urn of Taker was a great storyline and just to see how it would end was the entire reason I bought WrestleMania to see if Taker would get his revenge, I could care less about Rock Vs Cena II.
Taker gave us a good portion of the great WrestleMania moments and that should never end. Now in regards to who I think should face him at the next Mania, I would love to see Lesnar vs Taker just because, same with Sting and Taker even though it is unlikely. I personally think Sheamus as a heel or Wade Barrett or Any of the members of the Shield would be great because it would add a legacy to those young stars. ADR is a good possibility just because I feel those 2 would work well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back