• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Should Undertaker's Career End?

Can we please stop this up and comer crap. Nobody ever retires by losing to a young up and comer. Austin, Flair,Foley, HBK and many others retired against other greats. Why do you people think Undertaker would end his career against someone he has no history with, may or may not become a star, and might not even be in the WWE 5 years from now. Turning Cena heel and Taker losing the streak to a current mid carder that just made the main roster is the two dumbest things people say on this forum. Please stop this stupidity. The Shield has a guy with worst mic skills than Ryback, a spot monkey that's no better than Tyson kidd, and a guy that acts crazy for absolutely no reason besides the fact that that is the only thing he is good at. Bray Wyatt just had one of the worst matches I've ever seen against Kane, so why on earth would we let home face Taker at Mania. I swear some of you are idiots.

I like the idea of Undertaker winning at Wrestlemania 30 and then introducing The Ascension as Ministry of Darkness 2.0. Whether that includes Ascension turning face when they debut on the main roster is another debate. Still though, Taker and Ascension have similar gimmicks as it is. Plus, anyone else remember when the American Bad Ass brought in Nathan Jones as his protigee? Now take that storyline, replace ABA with Deadman, and make sure Ascension can handle the heavy-duty travel schedule that Jones couldn't and you're golden. I guess what I'm saying is take what NXT used to be, and give the only two participants to the same pro and they both win (hopefully). Now in a perfect world, this would happen in time for a 6-man tag match at Mania 30, Ministry vs. Shield, but we all know that ain't happening.

Wow, I kinda went all over the place there... Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say :p

I would not want this streak to break away not for any particular reason just that it stays with Undertaker so that when people talk about Wrestlemania 20 years later, the legend of Undertaker will always be remembered.

Even if it does happen, it would not be Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt or any newcomer for that matter. The streak break out match is huge & it would be an well established star in WWE who will break this streak. Currently as I see this, its none other than John Cena.

Taker should enter the Royal Rumble this year and one of two things should happen, 1. He wins the rumble and sets up an Undisputed Championship match at Wrestlemania against John Cena. Where 1 of 2 things could happen, A. Taker wins the Title(s) and either walks out of Wrestlemania with the belt(s) and retires on Raw the next night vacating the title, or he wins the match and titles but leaves them in the middle of the ring to close Wrestlemania. B. Cena turns heel and cheats to break the streak and keep the belt(s) possibly with help from Kane & or Triple H making him corporate Cena and really giving the fans reason to hate him (the other half that don't already hate him). Sets up a 1 final match Undertaker vs Cena in HIAC where Taker gets his revenge and retires afterwards.
2. Undertaker makes it all the way to the end of the rumble and is screwed by Kane at the end giving the rumble win to someone else (Punk, Sheamus, Jericho, Bryan, ect.) Undertaker challenges Kane at Wrestlemania in a casket match or inferno match or some sort of special attraction The Corporate screwjob is in as Kane beats him with help from everyone much like the Mr. Fuji plot back in the day where everyone jumped him and stuffed him in the casket so Yokozuna could win. The Shield, HHH, Orton, the Wyatts whoever they need Then have him eith be gone forever after that or come back and begin picking off the people who screwed him maybe have a new Ministry of Darkness until there is only either Kane Orton and Triple H left his last match would be against 1 of those 3 at Summerslam or maybe even Survivor Series depending how long they want to stretch it.

Probably not going to be agreed with by many, but I've always thought, when I had to admit he would retire, that he should go out the way he came in with a last match at Survivor Series. This was where he debuted in his character and he should go out at the same show, bringing some relevance and excitement to an event that has been sorely treated over the last decade or so.
Once again, he should come out as a mystery tag partner in a traditional 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 elimination tag match. With Bearer passed away, perhaps come out one time only with Brother Love or Ted Dibiase as his manager.

Ha. someone else who sees the same way I do for Taker. When he does retire, it should be the way HE sees best to complete his career in a respectful manner to an opponent he selects as the one deserving of the honor. But I do feel that one of the potential best ways is to do so at Survivor Series. He might have the Streak now, but for the first part of his career, his best and most intersting matches were at Survivor Series. This is where he really burst into the scene and created the character we came to honor and respect. His Mania streak was more an accident of chance then by design and it wasn't until around 13-0 that it was really brought up, but his key matches and feuds always started or ended on either Summer SLam or Survivor Series. SSlam was the showcase of some of his best entrances even if his matches were sometimes not classics (Giant Gonzales feud- better then people complain, but still not among his best work). He had some good feuds going into Mania in the early years, but also some spotty opponents (Jimmy Snuka, King Kong, Bossman among hte lows- mostly because it was a different Jimmy then the one from the 80's and the other two were just bad)

It doesn't need a complicated, elaborate ending, just win your last match, announce your retirement and be done with it. The streak should never be beaten, it has gone on for too long for WWE to end it now.

To retire the biggest living legend in north america with a loss not anyone less then a veteran would be a waste.
If he was really going to retire, then they should have done this before he started to decline in his wrestling. As much as we love him, we all know he cant move like he used to, fly like he used or take bumps he used to. Thus putting someone over like The Shield would just feel like a work.

But lets say Undertaker will face Sting. Just as an example. That would be really intense to see two legends who have never faced. It would be their last matches and no matter who got the win and loss people would walk away talking about that much for many years to come.

It comes down to Undertaker and how he looks. Although he can put the Shield over and make them look strong by losing, but it will always be seen as cheap since it was 3 on one and most people would he sad to see him lose like this.

He either needs to have one last match with a legend like Undertaker vs Angle II and retire. Or just come to wrestlemania and retire in ring without a match.

The streak will never be broken because it would sound odd to say he is 21-1 or 22-1 as opposed to 22-0 for example and even though I'm not a fan of Taker or the streak, the streak has been hyped up so much by both the WWE and fans to the point where it is much bigger than any title or accomplishment in the business. Having a younger guy end it would put enormous pressure on him which would cause him to be unable to live upto the hype no matter how hard he tries and letting a legend do it would be pointless because they wouldn't need it.

Personally I think the streak has long outlived its novelty and should have been ended by either Orton or Edge but it's way too late to end it now. Lesnar, Sting and Warrior are the only guys I can think of who have never lost to Taker but Sting only beat him in WCW during his Mean Mark Callous gimmick and Warrior's win was by DQ so the only guy who has had a clean win over Taker and never lost to him is Brock. I'm one of the few people who think Taker, due to his supernatural gimmick and backstage reputation of caring for the business, has been able to get away with too many wins and very few losses and not putting enough people over so I'm glad that even after the loss at WM30 Brock would still be 2-1 and I hope he beats up Taker bad enough during the match to force him to retire, although considering how weak Brock was made to look against Punk at Summerslam I'm certain we'll see Brock getting very little offense in and Taker will probably dominate the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back