• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan Wants to be TNA World Heavyweight Champion

I love it how Hogan is condemned for it when it never even remotely happened. "Oh that's Hogan for you", "Here he goes", "this is why TNA sucks".

Yeah, you're amazed it hasn't happened because he was trolling everyone. Hogan knows what people think of him, he knows what pisses most off and he has fun with it. It's like Lindsay Lohan on Letterman a while ago. Drinks a bit from that mug thing on Letterman's desk, then frowns in disappointment and goes "Oh I thought this was vodka".

What people here are doing right now, using the Lohan example, would be this: "OMG LOHAN IS SO STUPID SHE THOUGHT IT WAS VODKA IS SHE OUT OF HER MIND SHE IS SUCH AN ALCOHOLIC WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?"

tumblr_lqruujxMcF1qfzusq.gif

So what's your point exactly? It's okay to have a champion who can't physically get in the ring and perform championship worthy matches as long as he tries?
Having an established legend, who has given everything he has to the sport come back for one last moment of glory is a major show of respect which the fans appreciate. It sure is better than belittling the title by putting it on a cookie cutter nobody who doesn't even wrestle a match but instead turns in a briefcase. Every time WWE does that they hurt the integrity of the title and screw the fans out of a match.
In that case, might as well just slap the belt on Hogan right now and be done with it.
Let's hope they do.

Newsflash man, TNA didn't "get" Jeff Hardy help. TNA only took the title from him when Hardy showed up at Victory Road so wasted that he could barely stand. TNA knew VERY, VERY well the problems that Jeff Hardy had both in terms of substance abuse and legal issues, but they still made him champion. It was a MASSIVE embarrassment, perhaps the single most embarrassing moment in all of pro wrestling.
Why? Because when he lost the title to Sting the match was so short? Then why is it OK for WWE to have the titles change hands multiple times a year without a match? Hardy was unfit to wrestle, TNA handled it well by making it a one move match and then they sent him to get help.
After Hardy made an ass of himself and TNA, he wasn't seen for some time.
Because he was seeking help. He didn't return until he was clean. But enough about Hardy. This thread is about HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN getting the TNA World title.

I never said it was a good idea or bad idea. I'm merely poking one hole after another in the ridiculous claims you've made. You rail on WWE for, at times having lackluster champions while suggesting that TNA doesn't.
I have never once said that TNA hasn't had it's share of lackluster champions. I have only stated that they do a better job of keeping the title important while WWE puts the title on everyone to give them a cheep push. And that cheepness rubs off onto their titles. In the old days you had to be over and established first before you get the title. In TNA they still stick to that for the most part. In WWE it's easier to count who HASN'T help the title.
Rather than admitting you're wrong, you try to turn it into a pure WWE vs. TNA thing by going on The Rock or whatever. Trying to make it into a WWE vs. TNA thing rather than admitting that your favorite company has its faults as well is the line of defense when you simply have nothing else.
You are the one who keeps trying to change the subject instead of talking about HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN winning the TNA world title. Every time you give a reason (your opinion only) as to why he wouldn't make a good champion I merely point to something that WWE does that is far worse to show that your argument does not support not putting the title on him.
You also rail on WWE for using the MITB briefcase gimmick while TNA has done the same thing. No matter if it was Vince Russo's idea or not, the bottom line is that TNA went with it.
And why are you arguing about this? I agreed that they did this. And I also pointed out that they made the right derision and got rid of the concept before it hurt their titles' credibility. WWE should do the same.

WWE has its faults, no doubt about that. But TNA isn't this wrestling paradise in which everything goes exactly as some think that it should. Like WWE, they've had lousy angles, wrestlers in spots they shouldn't have been in, lackluster storylines, piss poor title reigns and boring feuds.
But the quality of their product is still way better than WWE.

Now can we get back on topic?

What harm would Hogan winning the title do, exactly? Frankly, I think it would garner attention. And I don't want to hear anything about it being negative attention. As much as many of us (rightfully in most cases) lionize Hulk Hogan and debate the status of TNA relative to WWE, any attention he can bring to TNA is positive. I'd tune in to see how it was done and likely keep watching to see the follow through. I only watch TNA sparingly these days, but it's not like it doesn't make sense from a storyline perspective. I see a lot of taking shit too seriously going on in this thread. If the angle works, the stars involved are over, and the title change is done in a creative manner, I see no reason not to have the Hulkster shock the world and pull a Bernard Hopkins.
Exactly. There is absolute no harm that can come from HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN winning the title. At the absolute worse the ratings don't change and the haters post the same crap they already post. But there is a change to bring in fans who have otherwise never watched TNA. And chances are they will only tune in to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. It is then up to the rest of the TNA roster to wrestle the best matches they can to wow the crowd and hopefully get them to tune in again. In the mean time HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN winning the title will guarantee that the fans leave happy and say, "Man, that was fun!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back