• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan On Working With Steve Austin One More Time

Brian in Austin

Getting Noticed By Management
Well now it appears that Hulk Hogan is interested in working with Stone Cold Steve Austin should the opportunity arise. From an article posted on this site, it's clear that Hogan is interested in one final big match and he'd like that to be against Steve Austin.

Is this good for TNA?

Depends on the context of which the question was asked and the answer was given. How serious was the discussion? Was it asked as a hypothetical, or was the interviewer actually interested in what Hogan thinks would be best option for his last match?

Sorry, but as is, this could very well be misleading as typical Hogan ego posturing when it very well may not be.

Depends on the context of which the question was asked and the answer was given. How serious was the discussion? Was it asked as a hypothetical, or was the interviewer actually interested in what Hogan thinks would be best option for his last match?

Sorry, but as is, this could very well be misleading as typical Hogan ego posturing when it very well may not be.

Since WWE's Steve Austin has recently talked about the match-that-hasn't-happened with Hulk Hogan in mainstream interviews, Hogan returned serve saying he would like to face Austin.

"If there is that one last huge match that really, really meant something to the fans, that would have to be against 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin. I can see him already making appearances back on TV and he's already starting to get full of himself," Hogan said. "I heard him say for a while that his back and his neck were too messed up to wrestle, but from I've been seeing lately, I think he's getting geared up to do something and I'd like to be a part of it."

Here is a break down of that section of the interview.

Hogan is jealous because of the reaction that Austin is getting on RAW. Austin did a great job on Tough Enough and as a host for RAW. I don't think Austin wants to work with Hulk Hogan. With all the negative things that's been going on with Hogan's life, I don't think Austin wants to be in the BS that hogan gets himself in.

I don't think these two would have a great match, I am not saying this because of Austin, mainly because of hogan. I know Austin can go one more time, but what about Hogan. He can't really go like he use to and i think the fans might want somebody else to wrestle Austin, and I don't think Hogan is the best choice. This is Hogan's ego talking

Nice try Hogan not a chance in hell, and if Austin wants to have one more match, it will be against CM Punk, they seem to be very friendly and talk to each other on twitter a lot.

I just simply want to comment on your question. Is this good for tna? What? You really think austin in tna? What the fuck are you smoking cuz I want some

Hogan is upset with the reaction Austin is getting from the crowd while he is droening over in TNA.

And this can't happen unless Hogan comes back to the WWE because we all know this would NEVER happen in TNA. Ever.

But both guys are pretty beat up at this point in their careers so its not like either one of them could carry the other through an entire match.

Probably won't ever happen though. Hogan really thinks TNA is going somewhere and he's not gonna leave all that for one more WrestleMania pay off. Not to mention Vince would surely make Hogan job to Austin. Guarantee.

first of all, Austin faced Hall at WM 18 because he refused wrestling with Hogan due to Hogan's political posturing in their WCW days. Second, The Match against The Rock at WM 19 was designed to be Austin's final (his words). Third, recently in interviews the possibility of a return was asked after the Tough Enough episode aired of him in the ring with Luke, in which he said that sure he is in shape to do so but his in-ring career is over cause he is concentrating on his acting career and wants to live rest of his life as physically comfortable as posssible.

On top of all that, Hogan is in absolutely no shape to wrestle another match ever again, and a match against someone of Austin's style could kill Hogan

Does any of this matter? I find the possibility of this as interesting as a Major League Baseball old timers game during all-star weekend. Does anyone really want to see an old Jim Palmer pitch to an even older Hank Aaron?

Here is a break down of that section of the interview.

This coming from the same person who bashed Edge's retirement, Savage and countless others? Yeah like anyone believes what that old man says anymore.

Austin has said many times that his neck is fine and has been 100% for some years now. But Hogan would know that if he actually paid attention. As someone said Austin's wrestling days are over. He's enjoying life pain free and helps out the WWE when he has the time because he believes in giving back to the company and fans who supported him all those years.

The fact that he said Austin is getting full of himself makes no sense. What is he basing that off of? He doesn't talk to Austin, he knows nothing about the guy and yet he has the nerve to say that? No wonder most people hate Terry. Always stroking his ego and talking like he knows everything when in actuality he has next to no facts and just spews his garbage opinion like it's 100% accurate and the truth.

As for this match well Hogan is old and crippled for the rest of his life with severe back and hip problems. If Austin were to have some final match you can bet your ass it wouldn't be against some over the hill POS like him.

JMO and I'm sticking to it.

Well Ima tell u like this. In Reality it sounds pretty legit to happen. But will it happen? I think not. Cause 1. Hulk got bad Knees, and he won't put Austin over. 2. Hulk gonna have to give up TNA to come to WWE, cause Stone Cold Steve Austin's legacy is too valuable to come to TNA. Especially for a huge match featuring 2 of the greatest names in the history of professional wrestling. But if they ever go at it, we all know Austin will get him. Hogan needs to continue his verbal dispute with the Ultimate Warrior.

Here's my two cents, I don't see it happening in any way, shape or form, but check this out most importantly you dumb ass marks. Hogan and Austin's worst physical shape is better than what most of us keyboard warriors here (including even myself) could ever hope to be in. So those talking about how Hogan is too old for this and too old for that, yeah you're right the guy has seen his better days but I'd really love to see how any of us "critics" would do in a wrestling ring. Also, we all know Hogan's likelihood to wrestle again is pretty nil since he hasn't done so in almost a year and a half.

But for those who think they know the real reason Austin or Hogan won't wrestle each other just get your heads out of your asses. It's obvious the biggest factor right now is contractual obligations to other wrestling entities that's stopping these two from going at it. Is it a shame that the match never happened, hell yeah it was.

Do I believe all the reasons behind why it never happened and why it won't happen, who knows, I wasn't there to see any of the backstage BS go down. So I don't know if Austin refused to work with Hogan because of Hogan's "politicking" or what not. I mean if we want to buy all the backstage rumors let's not forget the fact that we are talking about the same Stone Cold Steve Austin who walked out on WWF/E twice in the year 2002 and also decided to not work programs with people like Brock Lesnar and Jeff Jarrett.

Say what you will about either of them, i.e. Jarrett not being looked at as a legit main eventer to some and Lesnar not having the desire to stick around in wrestling but if Austin was the "better man" like all the marks say he is, he'd have done those programs. Period. Again not defending the rumors about Hogan either, but let's not play the double standard game.

Not that my opinion necessarily matters, but I'm not going to "mark out" over anything, I'm just going to call it like I see it, the majority of you assholes posting on this topic sound like a bunch of fucking idiots.

To you smarks that think you know Hogan and Austin, a simple STFU should suffice, so here's a tip let the entertainers entertain and you marks just take it all in for what it's worth...entertainment.

Stupid fucking idiots.

Wait a minute! How can it be Hulk Hogan & Stone Cold one more time when they never wrestled each other before one-on-one??

Hulk Hogan just wants to make some money and SCSA is his meal ticket to a big payday. But Austin said himself that this "dream match" would never happen due to the fact that Hogan is and never will be 100% for this kind of match, and that the match will be to slow.

Somebody must have put Hulk up to say this in that interview (cough**Eric Bischoff**cough). Stone Cold will never go/come to TNA/Impact wrestling, WWE contract or not. There's a better chance that we'll see HBK vs Booker T long before we see HH vs SCSA, BROTHER!

To answer the question of the OP who cares if this is good for tnA or not. This match would not happen in front on 500 people in the impact zone. This match would not take place in tna period! Are you serious? Did you actually think hogan was talking about this taking place in tna? Hogan damn well knows that this match can only take place in the big leagues and probably on the grandest stage of them all. So who cares what tna thinks. Will this match ever happen? Probably not. I would like to see it though. It obviously won't be the most technically sound match. Neither man has been known to be technical though. But it would attract a lot of attention, IF DONE RIGHT. we know wwe as of late has been known to mess these situations up pretty good. Just look at Bret/Vince. And to the above poster, so what if hogan jobs to Austin? if the payday is good I don't think even hogan would care. That's business. And at this point I don't think the fans would wanna see the fossil hogan dropping the immortal leg drop and getting the 1 2 3.

To answer the question of the OP who cares if this is good for tnA or not. This match would not happen in front on 500 people in the impact zone. This match would not take place in tna period! Are you serious? Did you actually think hogan was talking about this taking place in tna? Hogan damn well knows that this match can only take place in the big leagues and probably on the grandest stage of them all. So who cares what tna thinks. Will this match ever happen? Probably not. I would like to see it though. It obviously won't be the most technically sound match. Neither man has been known to be technical though.

Exactly right, I will admit that the Stone Cold Stunner is obviously a lot more volatile and fancier looking of a finishing maneuver. But let's be honest here, honest Thesz Press, closed fists and Austin's elbow drops are right up there with the big boot, powerslam, second rope 10 punch and clothesline. Both men are formulaic it's their personas that supersede their wrestling talent first and foremost. So let's not kid ourselves and say that Steve Austin doesn't have a pattern either.

But it would attract a lot of attention, IF DONE RIGHT. we know wwe as of late has been known to mess these situations up pretty good. Just look at Bret/Vince.

That's what would count, and let's be honest, I don't care what people said about the Bret Hart feel good comeback, there was a lot of time wasted in having him wrestle even in the capacity that he had. Again I said it in other posts, Bret Hart had his physical retaliation years ago in Montreal, there could have been a better storyline to have him get revenge on Vince, just my opinion. But bottom line is no one seemed to bitch when Bret Hart was main eventing (albeit tag team matches mostly) on RAW and PPVs but Hogan a guy who hasn't wrestled in quite some time seems to get a rise out of people just because he says this or that. Again gotta love the double standards. Because let's be honest, what really was the point of Bret Hart beating The Miz for the United States Championship? Seriously now...like we really needed to see that, right?

And to the above poster, so what if hogan jobs to Austin? if the payday is good I don't think even hogan would care. That's business. And at this point I don't think the fans would wanna see the fossil hogan dropping the immortal leg drop and getting the 1 2 3.

Now this is someone who has hit the nail on the head here. Let's put it this way people, I love how people want to pull the politicking card with Hogan every time he came back to WWE to wrestle. The bottom line is this, those who think that are dismissing Vince McMahon's business savvy. You folks by buying into all the rumor bullshit hoopla are basically telling me and other posters that you don't think Vince has control over his promotion. If Hogan lost to The Rock, Triple H and Kurt Angle...I can't see why he wouldn't have ever lost to Austin either.

It's as simple as this people, Vince knows that Hogan should only lose when it matters. I.e. (The Rock, Triple H, Lesnar, Angle - all fairly I might add). Do I think it was a disappointment that Randy Orton did not win at SummerSlam 2006, you're damn right. But his career is more than alive, Hulk Hogan did not BURY him. Then as far as Shawn Michaels goes, well let's put it this way, they were both legends in that match, and as much as I like HBK...it just wasn't to be for him to win.

But then again maybe just maybe Hogan has some voodoo curse over Vince. Who knows crazier things could happen right? But on a serious note, for those that want the mega star match with two young and relatively healthy performers...just remember April 1, 2012 when we have The Rock and John Cena go at it. Despite my feelings on John Cena, you can't doubt how intense he is in that ring and with the Rock making his comeback for that event it's going to be something to see.

IF Austin was to have one final match I would NOT want it wasted on Hulk Hogan. You're right he may be in better shape then some of us but we're not wrong on the fact that he couldn't keep up with Austin. I say this will never happen, hope it never happens. Hulk Hogan, keep fuckin up TNA but not SCSA's career/legacy.

IF SCSA comes back for a match I would rather it be against CM Punk. At least they both can keep up and both have some chemistry (at least in their promo work and Twitter).

Hogan needs to stop it, seriously.

Hogan is a washed up old man. He has lost the respect and love of the majority of his fans. Even the biggest Hogan marks cannot deny that he is disrespecful and abused his power. He is a disgrace to the buisness. I have enough respect for him still not to wish to see Stone Cold Steve Austin destroy an old man.

IF Austin was to have one final match I would NOT want it wasted on Hulk Hogan. You're right he may be in better shape then some of us but we're not wrong on the fact that he couldn't keep up with Austin. I say this will never happen, hope it never happens. Hulk Hogan, keep fuckin up TNA but not SCSA's career/legacy.

IF SCSA comes back for a match I would rather it be against CM Punk. At least they both can keep up and both have some chemistry (at least in their promo work and Twitter).

Hogan needs to stop it, seriously.

You know Hogan is just working all the marks right? It seems like you're getting hooked into it too. The guy's been playing this card for years now and from the sound of it I've got a suspicion that you might be in that demographic that he's working along every time he says something.

To be honest, if you folks started ignoring Hogan, you might like out and never have to hear from him ever again. It's people like you that keep the guy going. Austin and CM Punk would be a good dream match as well. Who knows with The Rock making his comeback it might encourage SCSA but as far as that Twitter exchange bullshit goes, who gives a shit, I'd rather see the on air product carry such an idea.

Fucking social networking BS, most of it's for the birds anyway.

You know Hogan is just working all the marks right? It seems like you're getting hooked into it too. The guy's been playing this card for years now and from the sound of it I've got a suspicion that you might be in that demographic that he's working along every time he says something.

To be honest, if you folks started ignoring Hogan, you might like out and never have to hear from him ever again. It's people like you that keep the guy going. Austin and CM Punk would be a good dream match as well. Who knows with The Rock making his comeback it might encourage SCSA but as far as that Twitter exchange bullshit goes, who gives a shit, I'd rather see the on air product carry such an idea.

Fucking social networking BS, most of it's for the birds anyway.

This is a discussion and I'm adding my 2 cents. Him making this comment actually got this whole thing started. I just simply would not want to see it. Period. And that keeps Hogan going how?

As for the social networking, it was the only thing they've done outside of last night. I hope the Rock does inspire him to lace them up one more time. IF he can and still be in good health, do it. But if not he's still entertaining with what he's done so far.

Hell yeah this would be good for TNA, there is only one problem though...

The day Stone Cold shows up in TNA is the same day Zach Ryder becomes WWE Champion. It ain`t happening. If Hogan want this "last match" to be against Stone Cold, he`s gonna have to get his ass back in the WWE, good luck with that one Hulkster.

So yeah, would be great for TNA and would be cool to see, but it will not happen in TNA, not a chance in hell.

This is a discussion and I'm adding my 2 cents. Him making this comment actually got this whole thing started. I just simply would not want to see it. Period. And that keeps Hogan going how?

There's just something about Hogan where I think he LOVES to say things to incite the IWC. Trust me even as a fan it gets me annoyed sometimes, but eh it's what it is, to be honest. But I definitely can't say I disagree with you on Austin vs Hogan, that ship has sailed. I am in agreement with you on that one for sure.

As for the social networking, it was the only thing they've done outside of last night. I hope the Rock does inspire him to lace them up one more time. IF he can and still be in good health, do it. But if not he's still entertaining with what he's done so far.

Again, I'm with you on those points too and you are right about the Twitter thing being all they did before last night, but to me despite the fact that our world is even more reliant on the internet these days, nothing beats the standard in ring segments, that's where the money is to me.

Now how would I personally feel about an Austin vs Punk match...if WWE and Punk agree to continue their association...there's only three words...OH HELL YEAH! Granted, it's not quite the same thing, but playing Fantasy Warfare with the both of them in WWE All Stars is a fun as hell thing to do.

Again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one for obvious reasons because I still feel it's a realistic match for Austin to work if the neck problems aren't going to be an issue.

Obviously Austin would never go to TNA, and Hogan knows this.

What I find interesting is that after Bischoff just went on a rant about how HTM is full of B.S. for saying Hogan's looking to get out of TNA, Hogan goes and expresses interest in having a match in WWE (I know he didn't explisively say that, but once again, Hogan knows Austin to TNA will NEVER happen.)

Hogan just has this thing where he feels left out when anything big goes down without him. I hope Warrior's got enough in that karma video to really bury him...

Yea dude, mine are crossed too man. Last night the play on the WHAT just cracked me up. You're nothing beats anything done on air. I mean it's Twitter who cares? But Punk and SCSA a lot more people could get behind. We'll see, which I hope we can sooner rather than later.

Guys you misunderstood what I meant by asking "Is this good for TNA?" What I meant is that if Hogan is making overtures that he wants to return to WWE (as I'm VERY confident Austin isn't going to TNA), is this good news for TNA? On the heels of the comments from Foley which saw his departure from the company, this can't be viewed as good news for TNA management that the guy allegedly hired to build this company is now hinting he wouldn't mind returning home to WWE.

Guys you misunderstood what I meant by asking "Is this good for TNA?" What I meant is that if Hogan is making overtures that he wants to return to WWE (as I'm VERY confident Austin isn't going to TNA), is this good news for TNA? On the heels of the comments from Foley which saw his departure from the company, this can't be viewed as good news for TNA management that the guy allegedly hired to build this company is now hinting he wouldn't mind returning home to WWE.

Sorry Brian, I meant to elaborate more on that idea about how this affects Impact Wrestling, it's just that all the marks had to chime in with stupid BS first. However, is what Hogan said "good for TNA"? or not. Well, I think Hogan is just saying how he feels about who his best opponent right now would be, however I think he's staying put in TNA and just giving a hypothetical and nothing more. I can't say for sure that Hogan is going to be leaving TNA just because of what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back