• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is REALLY better? Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin

Austin may very well draw bigger ovations than Hogan now but I don't think that should be used against Hogan because the fact is Austin should draw bigger ovations since his prime was more recent so chances are he's who most of today's wrestling fan grew up on. Most wrestling fans that attend WWE events(atleast the vocal ones) are probably in their late teens or early 20s so those people really are too young to remember Hogan's glory years in the 80s so they grew up on Austin so naturally they are going to cheer him more. If the WWE's audience was in their 30s I would bet Hogan would draw a bigger reaction, just look at WMX8. At that time those same late teen to mid 20 year olds were old enough to remember Hogan and grew up on Hogan and look how loud his ovation was it was far and away the biggest pop of the night and it wasn't just that night either during that whole run of his that year he was consistently getting the biggest pops.

Also Hogan's personal life the last few years has been under heavy scrutiny so that may hurt him also, between what his son did and some of the things he has said and the way the media is portraying him that may effect the type of reaction he receives. So basically I think you should throw the type of pop they get out the window when comparing them two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back