• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan continually calling Austin a coward in recent interviews.

It was a story of triumph not tragedy.

Are you serious? A story of triumph? He was broke, had no friends, lived in a trailer park and worked in a grocery store where he was terrified to be recognized, his only human interaction was with an aging stripper who identified with him because her glory days were also over, and at small autograph sessions where he was shown to be with a bunch of other broken, half crippled men. The only family he had left was his daughter, and instead of the film having them rebond, she basically said "F you" for not being there all her life. And then, after it being made a very clear point that his heart couldn't handle performing one more "ram jam", the film fades on the sound of his heart giving out at the end of it. he didn't get up and say "I'm back b*itches!" and go on to main event wrestlemania, pretty sure the message was one of tragedy. I certainly did not have a feel good moment at the end of it all.

Honestly I also think some people are over reacting to Hogan having one final match... saying he is going to get "broken in half" and all of that. Look at guys like Terry Funk and Ric Flair who were still taking pretty bad bumps at that age.
That's just it though. It's NOT about his age, health, or his ability to work a match. His detractors have been hating on him for the same reason throughout his career. He's still the top dog and the only way that one of their favorites will have any chance of taking that spot is to tear him down. They know that even in his current physical condition he will out draw and out shine everyone else. Not that he means to, but HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN is the GOD among wrestling legends and whether you love him or hate him, everyone even remotely interested in pro wrestling follows his every move.

Hogan's wrestling style isn't actually a spot fest either... punches, body slam, big boot, and the leg drop (which I would understand if he didn't want to do because of his back issues). Hell, Sting might be in better health but he isn't much younger, and Hogan is still active in the gym and doesn't look bad for his age.
I think he is still capable of doing a limited match, or a tag match with someone like Cena carrying him against the opponents and him more or less coming in and throwing punches and working the crowd. It's not like we expect moonsaults and the guy isn't a decrepit old man.

Exactly. He could do tag team matches for years like that. But he could pull off at least one singles match. While a match with Steve Austin or Cena might be a bigger draw Brock Lesnar would actually be the better opponent. Despite Brock's reputation of being stiff, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN could get away with taking fewer bumps against him while still making him look good. Because of his UFC background Brock's primary attack could be tackling, punching and MMA style submission holds. This will allow Lesnar to wrestle his "style" while allowing HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to rest on the mat and save the bumps for the end of the match. Then as the action builds to a climax Lesnar can start incorporating his German suplexes which are a good bump for HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to take because it protects his lower back and allows him to take the bump on his upper back, shoulders and neck where he is still strong. And while he has claimed that he has one more legdrop left in him there are ways to get around that too if he prefers. After the HULK UP and the big boot, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN claps his hands three times signalling for the finish. He hits the ropes but, Paul Heyman grabs the leg. As HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN reaches over, grabs Heyman and lifts him up to the apron, Lesnar charges for the attack. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN steps aside Brock collides with Heyman and gets rolled up for the 1-2-3.

I do think Hogan is having another "midlife crisis" and has a hard time being around the business and promoting it while he doesn't have an in ring role. I don't think it's half as bad as people make it out to be though.

Trust me. He will be back in the ring.

You really are Hulk Hogan, arn't you? Not hating, loved you in the 80's (hated you in the 90's, but that was the point). Just being a realist here.

Are you serious? A story of triumph? He was broke, had no friends, lived in a trailer park and worked in a grocery store where he was terrified to be recognized, his only human interaction was with an aging stripper who identified with him because her glory days were also over, and at small autograph sessions where he was shown to be with a bunch of other broken, half crippled men. The only family he had left was his daughter, and instead of the film having them rebond, she basically said "F you" for not being there all her life. And then, after it being made a very clear point that his heart couldn't handle performing one more "ram jam", the film fades on the sound of his heart giving out at the end of it. he didn't get up and say "I'm back b*itches!" and go on to main event wrestlemania, pretty sure the message was one of tragedy. I certainly did not have a feel good moment at the end of it all.
You can't see that? He had lost everything,his fame, his fortune, his friends and family. All he had left was his love of wrestling and he was told the he couldn't even do that anymore. But he proved them all wrong and reached his goal of returning to the ring. There was no heart giving out. If that were the case he would have fallen from the to rope. But he leapt from the top in full glory.

A lot of people compare this film to HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S career - which it was intended to resemble as after all HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN has the most famous career of all time - but the story is actually closer to the Jerry Lawler story. Lawler was the most famous guy in Memphis, achieved greater exposure by going to WWE and then one day suffered a heart attack and was told that it was all over. But he refused to except that and successfully returned to the ring.

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S health issues are nothing like that. He has no heart, blood flow or respiratory issues. His are all simply broken bone issues - which he claims have been corrected.

You really are Hulk Hogan, arn't you? Not hating, loved you in the 80's (hated you in the 90's, but that was the point). Just being a realist here.
No I am not HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. I am "The Boss" of Pro Wrestling, creator of hulkhoganhistory.weebly.com.

If you were a realist you would look at yourself and say, "The truth is, I don't know what his current physical condition is. Who am I to doubt his claims that he is indeed healthy enough for one more match? After all he proved everyone wrong already when he got back into the ring for TNA and since then he's had a few more years to heal. Age is never a factor in wrestling as there have been many cases of men and women wrestling at a much more advanced age. Finally, aside from the broken bone (none of which were even remotely close to being lethal) issues which HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN has had surgery to correct, he has never had any health issues at any point in his life. He has always made it a point to stay as healthy as possible"

That is how you look at it from a realist point of view. Once you look at the facts you can see that if he says that he's healthy enough to do it, we shouldn't doubt him. He will wrestle again.

Well then by all means, let him get in there with Brock Lesner. What's the worst that could happen? "Suplex! Reapeat! Suplex! Reapeat! Sup..... oh uh... he's not getting up guys"

Well then by all means, let him get in there with Brock Lesner. What's the worst that could happen? "Suplex! Reapeat! Suplex! Reapeat! Sup..... oh uh... he's not getting up guys"
You left out: Lesnar goes for the cover. 1-2... Powerful kick out! HULK UP! "Youuuuuuuuuuu!" Boom! Boom! Boom! Big Boot! Legdrop! 1-2-3! "The winner and NEWWWWWW WWE World Heavyweight Champion - HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN!!!"

I picture it more going down like "Today on Nancy Grace, tragedy befouls the WWE once again as a 60 year old man is broken in half all in the name of entertainment, when will these guys be stopped?!?!?!"

That's good that you can suspend your belief that well in this day and age. We all still want to believe that it's real. But the truth is that whomever HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN faces will go down to the power of HULKAMANIA!

I respect Austin in the fact that he not gonna come back to the ring again unless it is something god damn epic and is very happy on how his career ended as he has stated in different wording many times in various interviews, podcasts etc. Austin vs The Rock was one hell of a final match to end your career on in one of the most epic Wrestlemania Trilogies ever. More then Hogan can say who's final match was against Sting in TNA, which is a hell of a opponent to have, but a)how many people actually saw that match. and b)is not exactly a young spring chicken anymore.

Boss, I have to give you some props mate, I've had a quick nosey through your history of Hogan site, and man youv'e put in some work there. You are clearly a huge Hogan fan.

I agree with you in some points you have made, yes Hogan coming back for a match or even a run would probably be a huge draw, the guy always gets huge pops when "real American" plays and he comes out. It probably would put some more mainstream eyes on the WWE and make them some decent money. Also I kind of agree with, if Hogan says hes healthy who are we to say he's not.

But Boss, even you, the biggest Hogan fan I have ever come across, have to admit Hogans best days are way way way behind him. I would much rather see another guest host appearence from him than see him actually wrestle. Do you wanna see him get hurt just so he can entertain us 1 last time? I like you're ideas of how to book him and i'd be all for it if it was 10-15 years ago. But now that his body has broken down, he has had multiple surgeries and walks with a limp, I dont wanna see it. Not because the match would suck, but purley because seeing Hogan severley injured in a WWE ring just wouldn't be worth it.

Hogan should be happy with what he has achieved in the industry, No-one will ever be able to touch his legacy, but in my opinion thats how it should be left. No more matches, its just not worth it.

If HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN was saying, "I can't do it anymore." I would understand and except that. But that is not what he is saying. He is saying that is feels healthy enough to do it. More important, he WANTS to do it. He wants to do it in order to fully overcome the nearly crippled state he was once in. After his sixth back surgery he was told that he would never walk again. It turns out that his first three were unnecessary and actually did more damage. He had to have several surgeries to correct the first three and finely for his ninth surgery he got the ten hour spinal fusion surgery that he was originally supposed to get to straighten out his spine. This allowed him to return to the ring in TNA.

This is his quest. He feels that he can do it, he feels that he needs to do it. Once it's done he will likely be in tears feeling extremely blessed knowing what he has overcome. How can we deny him this moment?

I am a Hogan mark, but his constant slagging off of Austin makes him look like a fucking idiot. And makes the Wrestlemania moment at 30 meaningless. Hogan is obviously trying to go into business for himself for a poosible embarrassing match at a future Mania, but it just isnt going to happen. Austin isnt interested, and neither guy would be willing to put the other guy over. Austin had no intention of jobbing to Hogan in 2002, yet Hogan was willing to put Austin over but he point lblank refused to work Hogan. History shows The Rock won the lottery that night and the rest is history.

While I'm sure that some fans would still like to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN vs Steve Austin, the truth is that Austin is irrelevant. The fans will pay to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN no matter who his opponent is. The last thing Austin wants is to get into the ring and have to beg the crowd for some kind of recognition. In addition to being humiliating, it would further hurt any "legacy" he built.

While I'm sure that some fans would still like to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN vs Steve Austin, the truth is that Austin is irrelevant. The fans will pay to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN no matter who his opponent is. The last thing Austin wants is to get into the ring and have to beg the crowd for some kind of recognition. In addition to being humiliating, it would further hurt any "legacy" he built.

Haha are you a troll?
This is EXACTLY what Hogan has been doing since 2002.

Haha are you a troll?
This is EXACTLY what Hogan has been doing since 2002.
Oh, please. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN doesn't need to beg for anything. The public is focussed on him 24/7 captivated on his every move. Every aspect of his life - both personal and professional - is immediately reported. The guy is so popular that he has no privacy.

Just a few days ago it was reported HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN was referenced in the biggest court case of the year (Officer Darren Willson/Michael Brown) when the Officer claimed that fighting this kid was like wrestling HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN proving that he is still the face of pro wrestling in the eyes of the general public.

Oh, please. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN doesn't need to beg for anything. The public is focussed on him 24/7 captivated on his every move. Every aspect of his life - both personal and professional - is immediately reported. The guy is so popular that he has no privacy.

Just a few days ago it was reported HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN was referenced in the biggest court case of the year (Officer Darren Willson/Michael Brown) when the Officer claimed that fighting this kid was like wrestling HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN proving that he is still the face of pro wrestling in the eyes of the general public.

Hogan is synonomous with pro wrestling, that will always be the case. He will always be the guy everyone assosiates with it. Boss, I doubt the public is focussed on him 24/7 or captivated by his every move. You're making him sound like he is newsworthy every second of every day. That may have been the case in the 80's and 90's but not now.

Hogan tries to keep himself in the public eye and newsworthy by saying things like Austin is a coward. The reality is none of these guys wanted to lose to the other one. It'll never happen in a pro wrestling ring and if they did have an actual shoot fight my money would be on Austin all day.

Hogan is synonomous with pro wrestling, that will always be the case. He will always be the guy everyone assosiates with it. Boss, I doubt the public is focussed on him 24/7 or captivated by his every move. You're making him sound like he is newsworthy every second of every day. That may have been the case in the 80's and 90's but not now.
His son's crash, his divorce, helping his daughter with suntan lotion, the sex tape, his suicide thoughts, each and every surgery, being referenced in the Darren Wilson/Michael Brown case etc... And that doesn't even include anything relating to wrestling. The general public is always focussed on him.
Hogan tries to keep himself in the public eye and newsworthy by saying things like Austins a coward. The reality is none of these guys wanted to lose to the other one. It'll never happen in a pro wrestling ring and if they did have an actual shoot fight my money would be on Austin all day.
And everything he says is instantly reported by every single wrestling website in the world. Again, the public - especially the wrestling community - is still focussed on his every move.

And as far as a real fight goes, don't make me laugh. Austin is a pipsqueek next to HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

His son's crash, his divorce, helping his daughter with suntan lotion, the sex tape, his suicide thoughts, each and every surgery, being referenced in the Darren Wilson/Michael Brown case etc... And that doesn't even include anything relating to wrestling. The general public is always focussed on him.

And everything he says is instantly reported by every single wrestling website in the world. Again, the public - especially the wrestling community - is still focussed on his every move.

And as far as a real fight goes, don't make me laugh. Austin is a pipsqueek next to HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

No they aren't really. And most of what you mentioned there, the car crash, the divorce etc, isn't exactly what you want to be discussed in the newspapers. Hogan is a wrestler, but his personal life is kind of a train wreck. Will they focus on that, sure they will because the public in general loves to hear the shortcomings of others.

If what gets him into the news is either a problem with his marriage, or a personal tragedy, or a wayward daughter, then maybe he's better off not in the news. It's kind of sad really.

No they aren't really. And most of what you mentioned there, the car crash, the divorce etc, isn't exactly what you want to be discussed in the newspapers. Hogan is a wrestler, but his personal life is kind of a train wreck. Will they focus on that, sure they will because the public in general loves to hear the shortcomings of others.

If what gets him into the news is either a problem with his marriage, or a personal tragedy, or a wayward daughter, then maybe he's better off not in the news. It's kind of sad really.

Navi I've came to the conclussion that The Boss will defend "HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN" regardless. Even if the point he is making, as you rightly pointed out, is really sad.

Either that or he is a massive troll. I can't quite work it out.

Navi I've came to the conclussion that The Boss will defend "HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN" regardless. Even if the point he is making, as you rightly pointed out, is really sad.

Either that or he is a massive troll. I can't quite work it out.

Oh I'm sure you're right, but if I'm in the spotlight, the last thing I want is all my dirty laundry aired constantly. And with Hogan that's what seems to happen.

I didn't say that this was necessarily the best news to be reported, but it shows that the public still loves HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and follows his every move good or bad. Recently there was a huge news story about some racist group who threatened a restaurant because of their dress code. A dress code that many restaurants have. But because it was Hogan's Beach it made national news.

I didn't say that this was necessarily the best news to be reported, but it shows that the public still loves HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and follows his every move good or bad. Recently there was a huge news story about some racist group who threatened a restaurant because of their dress code. A dress code that many restaurants have. But because it was Hogan's Beach it made national news.

This made news to mock Hogan, No bandanas or doo rags allowed when a picture of Hogan wearing one is in the sign above the dress code, You are reaching here brotha.....

He got a lot of bad publicity over that car accident and the remarks he made about it, so he didn't come off looking stellar afterwards. He wants to be in the spotlight, but sometimes Hogan is his own worst enemy.

You guys can say, "he didn't come off looking stellar" or that the news was made to mock him all you want. But it still proves that good or bad HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN is always in the news because he brings in ratings. The people know him and love him and are therefore focussed on his every move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back