• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate Hollywood Hogan as a heel

Hollywood Hogan: Greatest Heel of all time?

• The Greatest

• Very Good

• Meh

• Not Even Close Brother!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the poll is accurate. Overall, he was Very Good and at times he was even The Greatest. And occasionally he was very Meh. He was never the "cool" part of the n.W.o. to me. That was Nash and Hall and Syxxx and the spray painting, etc etc. As a mark back then, I hated Hogan. I always wanted to see him get his. Sometimes, I even despised him.

He hid behind his lackeys, he ran away, he cheated, he got real heat... He wasn't a "cool" heel. His group was cool, but I wanted to see him get his ass kicked. By the end of 1998 though.... and early 1999... it grew tired. He only got his comeuppance a couple of times via Sting and Goldberg, but always ended up back on top. After a couple of years, he just became too much of the same, and boring.

He stopped getting heat and started getting indifference, and that's the kiss of death.

He didn't get booed in the WWE because of the nostalgia element, but also because his heel turn didn't happen and never happened in the WWE. His heel turned happened in the WCW. Garbage thrown in the ring, kids crying, etc. suggests you did a good job. While he was Hollywood Hogan he was the greatest heel because he did a 180 from being the greatest face. Aside from his turn there were several other things that made you hate Hogan. Dirty tactics, but he also rarely wrestled which you hate him even more. I think there may have been several main events while he was champion that he wasn't in.

WCW had flirted with the Hollywood Hogan gimmic before it ever happened having hogan come out in boots and dressing dark against beach boy sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back