• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN claims that he's healthy enough for a run as champion.

Pee Wee Herman, maybe.

I just read on another wrestling site that Hogan is getting ready to wrestle the main event at WM31, for cryin' out loud. As ridiculous as that sounds, one has to marvel at Hogan's continuing propensity for publicizing himself, often (very often) at the expense of everyone else in the organization.

True I always felt Hogan, and Bishoff, played TNA well, he collected a good paycheck never really promoted it outside during his stint there (according to AJ Styles) but got a lot of the spotlight and pretty much took creative control hiring his buddies and family. In the end Hogan screwed over TNA collected a paycheck and talked about how bad his matches were when he was in TNA.

He pretty much used TNA to stay relevant without any care for the organization then once WWE came knocking in he went back to the WWE collected a bigger paycheck leaving TNA out to dry (well ok it was TNA that let Hogan go but still).

Now he said he's ready for one more match despite publicly saying he didn't like matches in TNA. Hehe Well played Hogan well played.

he can have the retirement match scenario that he deserves which could even be a loss and passing the torch onto one of the younger guys

I don't see how that could make any of the younger guys look good. Have you seen him walking to the ring? I'm amazed they just don't wheel him out on a segway.

Besides I'm pretty sure the Hogan vs Rock match was seen as a passing of the torch, or maybe it wasn't. Hell I don't know, I haven't had any coffee yet.

I get the "1 more match" for Hogan, It would probably be a big draw for casual fans at mania. When people think about pro wrestling Hogan is probably the guy most people assosiate with it. However he should be no-where near the title scene.
We currently have a champion who is a former UFC champ, broke the streak and threw the poster boy around like a rag doll. Hogan defeating him would be rediculous, 1) he is just about crippled having more than 1 match would probably be too much for him and 2) it would take away the rub of a younger guy getting to defeat the 1 in 21. it just doesnt make sense.

This isn't about me nor my being a HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN fan. I'm not the one who asked the question, nor am I one of the several fans who were chanting, "YES! YES! YES!" (at least not in the video) in support of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN wrestling again. Not to mention that WZ and every other wrestling site is just as quick to jump on any news of a potential return to the ring by HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

What I thought was interesting about the story is that after months of saying he wants one more match he is now saying that he is healthy enough to handle a full run as champion. That's great news considering in what bad shape he was just a short time ago. That doesn't mean he's necessarily going to get that run as champion, but it's still great to know that he's come such a long way and that he now feels he can do it. And if he feels that good maybe it's more likely he will at least get that one more big match.

How could it be anymore embarrasing than peewee "Heavyweight" champions that aren't even heavyweights (especially when the puny champion gets injured) or a champion who never shows up for months at a time? And of course when your undercard consists of men in bunny suits and your "guests" are the Muppets and Grumpy Cat... the thought of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN as champion is seriously refreshing.

But it is also fun, entertaining, & a major draw.

Well if Hogan says it... because god knows that the guy who could have been the bassist for Metallica doesn't lie to anyone... including himself.

If this is what you want to see though... then by all means, let's have the match.

hoganRam_zps23c92ed3.jpg

What exactly does the WWE physical entail? Not trying to make fun of it or anything, but lots of people have brought up Jerry Lawler and Ultimate Warrior.

Jerry Lawler never drank, or smoked, and the heart attack thing was a fluke, IMO. Not saying that he doesn't need to take it seriously, but his own doctors cleared him for wrestling not longer after the incident. Jerry is wrestling on the independents still from what i read, and is still a durable competitor.

Warrior's case is certainly different i think. There was this rumor that he was only minutes away from making an appearance in the Royal Rumble match, and at the last second it was nixed. Did Warrior maybe fail the physical? I wonder because all of WM weekend everyone said how bad Warrior looked, and how frail, and i wonder if anyone even said anything to him about his health...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back