Report/Rumor: Heat On Hulk Hogan?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There've been a few reports out over the past week indicating that there's some heat right now on Hulk Hogan in TNA.

The latest info, according to PWInsider.com, is that they're upset over Hogan's licensing deal with 2K Sports to appear in the WWE 2K14 video game. There's also, allegedly, heat on him for booking significant appearances having nothing to do with TNA, such as Hogan arm wrestling Rob Ford, the mayor of Toronto. The story was pretty all over the place for a few days and got a lot of mainstream media coverage.

The report also alleges that there's rumblings within TNA as to whether or not Hogan has been worth the money TNA is paying him. As everyone knows, TNA is in the midst of cost cutting measures, which is said to be one reason why Hogan hasn't appeared on Impact Wrestling in a little while. A story I read about a year or so ago, IF it's true, indicates that Hogan gets $30,000 per appearance.

So IF, IF this has any validity, Hogan might be gone before too long. If he does have heat for this, the only reason I can think of is because some in TNA are simply tired of throwing away money when it comes to Hogan. After all, as long as he's been part of TNA, he's frequently made various public appearances to promote himself or something else rather than TNA without causing issues. As to whether or not Hogan is worth what he's getting paid, well that depends on how much he gets. IF the $30,000 per appearance is legit, then I don't see how he can be when his high priced presence hasn't generated growth.

When it's all said and done, it's especially hard to separate reality from bullshit when it comes to any story pertaining to Hulk Hogan.

I really hope Hogan is gone from TNA and why I say that? Is because even though ratings did go up once Hogan came in, as soon as he remained ratings soon after began to go down especially with the antics Hogan created with Immortal and what not and not to mention Hogan has always been a WWE guy anyway they should just get rid of Hogan now because personally in my opinion Hogan has outlived his purpose in TNA and not to mention his daughter Brooke is gone from the company so how much longer before Hogan himself is gone?

And not to mention Hogan even though he is a household name in this business he has done all he can do for TNA and to tell you the truth TNA would be much better off without Hogan

How many people in TNA is considered "many"? 5? 15?

I don't see what the big deal is. Hogan is crucial to the WM mode. Of course he was going to be in it. Was there heat on him for All Stars?

I love these threads about how people have heat on Hogan or just dont like the man or was the reason that WCW folded... Its absolutely silly for the following reasons:

1) TNA will not suffer because Hogan is in WWE 2K14. If anything TNA should be proud that one of the people on their roster hold historical meaning to be included on a successful video game. TNA should do commercials for it on their show and showcase Hogan.

Hogan reportedly gets $30,000 per appearance. That isnt Hogan's fault. If any of you reading this could get $30K to appear someplace, you would be there everyday. TNA could have negotiated a better contract on their behalf. In fact, I am going to go to my next job interview and request that I get $30K a day that I come to work, and lets see how soon I get hired.

Why would TNA be upset that Hogan didnt mention TNA when he arm wrestled the Mayor of Toronto? He wasnt their representing TNA, TNA wasnt paying him for the appearance, therefore doesnt have a reason to mention TNA. I have heard and seen Hogan do publicity for TNA, I am sure that he was scheduled to represent TNA.

If there is heat on Hogan for these things, TNA should have been smart enough not to sign such a contract that didnt work in their favor. Backstage talent that bring heat to Hogan should look to themselves and figure out how to get over like Hogan did and stop being jealous.

Hogan hating, Hogan bashing is the silliest thing I have ever read. Most of the people who bash, probably werent alive to see Hogan in his heyday and see what he did for professional wrestling. Why bash a guy who has the ability to get paid the amount that he does.

That all I got to say about that.. but then again... Im just sayin

I don't blame Hogan for wanting to be a part of the new video game. He's had a storied history with the WWF/E and it wouldn't be the same by taking him out. You take him out, you take many Wrestlemania storylines out.

TNA is acting selfish on their part if they truly are pissed that he did this. He signed the deal with 2K Sports, not the WWE itself. That'd be a whole different can of worms.

As far as his presence in TNA, I am sure he will be gone soon. Doesn't his contract expire soon? I have no doubt that WWE would be all over him to sign a legends deal once let go. They can still gain a lot from him, even though he can't wrestle anymore.

If TNA is really pissed at Hogan then I really doubt its for being in a WWE game, if anything that would help TNA not hurt them. Of course this is assuming that TNA is actually upset at Hogan (which I question greatly) but if they are then the 2K deal is just an excuse to get mad at Hogan and possibly decide to end their relationship with Hogan.

30K an appearance is a lot for what they are getting in return. Budget has come into play a lot lately in the offices of TNA so if they are trying to cut all unnecessary expenses then it would make sense to cut Hogan if he makes more in 3 weeks than most of the roster makes in a year. TNA saying they are mad at Hogan about the 2K deal is more than likely a smoke screen to the real reason why they aren't pleased with Hogan. If you bring in someone like Hogan who commands a hefty payday then you expect at the very least to get that same amount in a payoff, if Hogan earns 30K an appearance and only brings in an extra 10K then its obvious its not worth paying Hogan that amount. What Hogan earns in comparison to what Hogan makes for TNA is probably one sided, its hard to ignore that. Hogan doesn't seem like the type who would be willing to take a pay cut so now there's an impasse.

I assume this story is far from accurate but if it is I would bet that the 2K deal really has nothing to do with it.

This sounds like dirt sheets just extrapolating information about budget cuts and other Hogan related stories in to an article. Hogan has been doing the same kind of self promotion and outside work for three years and they still re-signed him a year and a half ago. Who in TNA is just figuring this stuff out now? This sounds like another BS article that is just meant to get you to click on it. Hogan may not last in TNA much longer but it's not like this is a sudden revelation of improper and unfair conduct on Hogan's part.

If hogan does go I would love to see the 6 side ring return I maybe the only one that like it but to me it made it something new and made for more high risk moves and the can save the 30k and get 3 x division guys witch they need

The thing here is, one can speculate all they want about any perceived heat between Hulk Hogan and TNA, as well as comment on whether or not he is worth the money that I have no doubt they are paying him. If I were to guess, not being privy to their books, Hogan gets paid far more money than he is actually worth at this point, and TNA are not nearly getting sufficient "bang for their buck" over the last three years.

Having said that, though, imagine the perception if all of a sudden, Hogan and TNA were to part ways, whether it be mutual and amicable or acrimonious. The perception out there now, rightly or wrongly, is that TNA is cash strapped and are having difficulty keeping their talent and paying them in a timely fashion. There's been a sudden onslaught of releases, with a few more pivotal components apparently nearing the end of their contracts. What would be the response from fans if all of a sudden, the "cash strapped" TNA cuts ties with Hogan (not to even mention possibly losing AJ Styles to the big leagues as well). The feeling would be that TNA is a sinking ship, losing their biggest name value attraction, and frankly I don't think they can afford this type of negativity at this time.

So I have no idea if there is heat on Hulk Hogan at the moment or not but at the end of the day, despite likely grossly overpaying the Hulkster, I really don't think they can afford to lose him at this time either. Talk about between a rock and a hard place.

An easy (possible) solution to any contact renewal issues could be that rather than asking Logan to take less money, ask him to agree to promote TNA during all of his outside appearances. This should please Hogan as it would not cost him money, and it would benefit TNA as they would finally get the added promotion from Hogan's name that they've wanted.

Won't Hogan being in WWE2K14 somewhat help TNA? People will buy the game, see Hogan as a playable character and may stumble across TNA.

I don't think that TNA will want to antagonise Hogan. While I'm not a fan of Hogan in TNA, I don't think they will piss off the biggest name they have. Although, it would be a decent excuse to get rid of him for good.

In my opinion TNA needs Hulk Hogan. He's the most recognizable name they have BY FAR. Does he deserve that much per appearance? Probably not. He can get them media attention, for example a few days before BFG2011 he was all over ESPN and various other media outlets. Do you think AJ Styles could get on ESPN? Even if he did could he keep a viewers attention? No, because he's not recognizable. Not mention Hogan get's the loudest pop on Impact every week.

I think Hogan has helped TNA for the most part. He pushed to put Impact on the road, and he got rid of the 6 sided ring. I for one hope he remains with TNA because I enjoy seeing him on TV every week. He's earned the to have a fairly high spot in the company because of what he's done for the business as a whole.

If this report is true the powers that be at TNA need to lighten up some. If he had signed the deal with WWE I could understand that. Were they upset over him being in All-Stars?

Sorry for the ramble, just my thoughts.

I have to agree, Hogan being on the new WWE video game should be a good thing for TNA. it will bring the company much needed publicity and all at WWE's expence and I also agree that TNA can't be pissed at hogan for not promoting TNA when he is not being payed to either. As for Hogan working for TNA, I think it might be time for the two to part company. Sure Hogan boosted Ratings to start with and brought a lot of publicity with him at the beginning, But know the companys growth has stopped and I believe that that this is mainly down to Hogan and when I say Hogan I really mean Hogan and Bischoff. TNA used to be one of the most entertaining promotions around, The x division and the six sided ring made the company stand out and made them feel different from everything else around. But once Hogan and bischoff arrived they quickly dumped the the six sided ring and reverted back to the four sided kind and they have know taken the x division and turned it into a joke with bearly enough tallent to keep it going. The tag division has also suffered the same fate as the X division and there has been little effort made to develope the younger guys on the roster. If Hogan and bischoff where to leave then it would leave the door open for TNA to get the X division and Tag Team divisions back on track and would also free up some much needed capital to sign some young guys from the indy scene which TNA could use to help rebuild.

I can't see a return of the six sided ring for any reason but i sure would welcome Hogan leaving and taking the wheel chair ramp entrance way with him.

People who want a reason to bitch, bitch and bitch over and over again, well they'll find plenty with this whole Hogan/2K Sports deal nonsense. Hulk Hogan was a huge part of the first 9 WrestleManias, then he came back to wrestle two more in the early 2000s, as well as make an appearance in the mid-2000s at WrestleMania 21 when he was inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

That would have been like having NBA 2K11 and taking Michael Jordan out of the legends mode and not featuring him when the Bulls dynasty was going on. It would be nonsense. This whole mindset of not honoring a legend of your promotion because he or she is with a rival promotion is nonsense.

I can't think of the number of times that actors who work for different movie studios have DVD boxsets of their films get released, sometimes in separate sets because of legalities with one studio owning certain films versus another studio owning other films. For instance, a lot of Clint Eastwood's films are under the Warner Bros. banner but he has worked with other studios like Universal and Paramount over the years and you'll see some of those DVDs included in sets. Since these days Clint Eastwood is basically branded to Warner Bros. should the movie buffs start bitching like many wrestling fans are about Hogan right now? I think not.

Who gives a shit about what the "backstage" thinks about Hogan being featured in a WWE game. The majority of his career is with the promotion, he was one of the architects of what it has become. It'd be an injustice not to have him.

A lot of the morons griping just need to shut the fuck up about this already, look on the brightside for all you fucksticks that don't like him, this is your chance to use the wrestlers you do like to just beat the everloving shit out of him in the game.

Hogan definitely seems to be out for himself more often than not, but I am guessing this story got blown out of proportion. I have always been a fan of Hogan, but at this point I would like to see how TNA does without him. It doesn't seem like Hogan has brought much to the table as far as ratings are concerned so why not dump his salary and put that money to better use.

I don't see how being in a videogame can hurt. The "heat" is probably coming from people who aren't in the game.
I wish Kurt Angle was in it too.
Videogames are purely for fun they shouldn't be subjected to contract disputes etc.

Eric Bischoff just set the record straight on the WWE/2K Sports thing:

@EBischoff:
Interesting to read the "choir of idiots" suggesting that Hulk did a deal with 2K Sports. Illustrates just how ignorant these "experts" are

And how these "experts" are attempting to frame a narrative to sell thier b.s.

There is no Hulk Hogan/2K Sports deal. WWE is simply utilizing tradmarks/assets they currently own in a repackaged video game. Nothing new.

But thats not what the parasites and morons who run dirt sites want you to know.

--

Sounds like whoever did or did not get upset at Hogan for this counted their chickens before they hatched.

I'm sure there's heat on Hogan "in TNA', but this has nothing to do with it. This smells like some kind of suggestive leak.

TNA's obviously in cost-cutting mode right now, and you can't have the discussion about costs without looking at your most expensive performers. Let's assume for the sake of argument that nobody in TNA is working there for charitable reasons, and that every performer is trying to get the best deal possible based on their value in a free marketplace. (i.e., between TNA, WWE, ROH, Japan, so on, so forth.) In the case of Hogan, this would include any marketable value he has outside of TNA; are there any other projects he could look at which would be more lucrative than what TNA would be willing to pay him?

I'm certain there's a faction in TNA management that sees Hogan as a failed investment, and I'm certain there's a faction in TNA management that sees him as the lynchpin to the company. If rumors of Hogan's contract expiring in a few months are true- the anti-Hogan camp has every reason to plant negative rumors in the professional wrestling press, and that's as simple as having some mid-level employee say "there's heat on Hogan for this thing". If they can reduce the value of signing Hulk Hogan to TNA, they can force TNA to make an offer to Hogan lower than he'll accept. Make enough noise, and it turns into signal. Remember- it's likely a Dixie/Bob decision, assuming TNA hasn't been handed over to accountants to run (which would explain the awful booking lately), but there are plenty of voices who persuade them.

Pay attention to how much Hulk Hogan gets featured on dirt sheets over the next couple of months, by which writers and what tone the coverage is in. Be on the lookout for a sudden increase or decrease in Hogan's TV time. (Booking's a fucking mess right now, so that may or may not mean anything.) This is how we're going to be able to tell if the rumors of Hogan's contract expiring are true, and how he'll look going into negotiations for an extension.

I love these threads about how people have heat on Hogan or just dont like the man or was the reason that WCW folded... Its absolutely silly for the following reasons:

1) TNA will not suffer because Hogan is in WWE 2K14. If anything TNA should be proud that one of the people on their roster hold historical meaning to be included on a successful video game. TNA should do commercials for it on their show and showcase Hogan.

Hogan reportedly gets $30,000 per appearance. That isnt Hogan's fault. If any of you reading this could get $30K to appear someplace, you would be there everyday. TNA could have negotiated a better contract on their behalf. In fact, I am going to go to my next job interview and request that I get $30K a day that I come to work, and lets see how soon I get hired.

Why would TNA be upset that Hogan didnt mention TNA when he arm wrestled the Mayor of Toronto? He wasnt their representing TNA, TNA wasnt paying him for the appearance, therefore doesnt have a reason to mention TNA. I have heard and seen Hogan do publicity for TNA, I am sure that he was scheduled to represent TNA.

If there is heat on Hogan for these things, TNA should have been smart enough not to sign such a contract that didnt work in their favor. Backstage talent that bring heat to Hogan should look to themselves and figure out how to get over like Hogan did and stop being jealous.

Hogan hating, Hogan bashing is the silliest thing I have ever read. Most of the people who bash, probably werent alive to see Hogan in his heyday and see what he did for professional wrestling. Why bash a guy who has the ability to get paid the amount that he does.

That all I got to say about that.. but then again... Im just sayin

He's being paid not just for the live audience, but to attract attention to TNA itself from outside their fanbase. And if he goes to something like a fan expo and doesn't promote the company he is currently working for but only talks about things that happened 20years ago, that is a failure on his part. He should be out there promoting the hell out of what he is doing now, not what he did in the 80's. Talk about what is going on with TNA, try and get people interested in the product. Instead he only cares about feeding his own ego and the mythos that has grown around him.

I was alive during his hayday, both of his best runs, and he's always been about promoting himself more then the business or the company he's working for. Hogan doesn't care for the business, except for the money he can make. Nothing wrong with wanting to make money, but he's never been willing to step back and take an off air role with any of the companies he's worked for, always wanting to be the center of attention.

As far as the "heat" for the game, it shouldn't matter. He's in a video game, the deal came from the game maker, not the WWE. The real "heat" should be from the fact that he is a financial drain on the TNA product. I have heard so many people say "people see him in the news and then tune in to see what he's doing in TNA", that is absolute rubbish. If so many folks were tuning in because Hogan is there, why has it not shown up in event turn out as well? He is an industry afterthought now, he needs the occasional (yearly) appearance on television and that is it. His drawing power is GONE, not to mention he has had too many personal/ family issues in the past few years.

The question that has to be asked is whether or not Hogan is worth ANY kind of money to be paid at this point. He can't wrestle and can't be taken seriously if he's not able to be physical. As much as it pains me to say, Hogan's worth as a wrestling personality might be at its lowest point.

I know Hogan can't help his inability to wrestle and would if his body would let him, he would surely do so. Alas, he's not even promoting TNA in his public appearances and if there's no promotion being given by Hogan aside from him being on TNA programming, then they're wasting their money.

Simply cut ties with Hogan and try to move on to an alternative to the WWE instead of trying to copy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back