• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has Bischoff upset McMahon yet?

andymcg

Pre-Show Stalwart
So a bit of a delayed reply to Mondays TNA Vs WWE , but i thought this would be a intresting topic for conversation.

Now back in the WCW Vs WWE days, i recall that Bischoff took the likes of Savage , Hogan , Hall , Nash and most notably Lex Luger right from under Vinces Nose, which must have annoyed him a bit, and not forgeting he almost ran him out of business, that must have really annoyed Vince.

Fast forward 10-12 years and yet again it seems as if Bischoff has done it again. The question is how mad has Bischoff made Vince ? Lets take a look :

Hulk Hogan - Not really a steal from WWE but Vince has done alot for Hogan, as Hogan has for Vince, and now Hogan is yet AGAIN competition.

Ric Flair - After what Vince done for him, possibly the best send off any wrestler has ever had, Flair breaks his word and goes to TNA to what looks like wrestle. Vince done alot for Flair and this is his repayment ?

Jeff Hardy - This is probably the one that has annoyed Vince most IMO. After all Jeffs drug blunders, and errors and basically fucking up in WWE, Jeff apparently tells WWE he will go back, and then goes to TNA ? I think when Vince seen this coming he must have been pretty pissed.

Shannon Moore - Apparently ment to go back to WWE as well, but then turned to TNA when Jeff went ? Vince proberly not as annoyed here but Bischoff showing what he can do.

So what do you reckon , how mad must Vince be ? Do you think Bischoff is about to pull anything else from under Vince's nose to make him mad ?

Discuss ......

I think he is not really that mad at all since he could have some things change on the fly and he didn't, actually outside of the Hart segments, nothing was superb, DX VS Jerishow was good but nothing out of this world and Kofi and Orton had a good match but not great.

Probably only dissapointed with Jeff but not too concern about it since he won't try to get him until his Case in cour settles.

With Ric, well Ric told him he wanted to wrestle again and Vince told him to go for it, we know Flair won't be back on the WWE after his send-off so there were not may alternatives for Ric on Mainstream here.

With Moore, sorry for being harsh, but what exactly is Moore going to do in a land of Giants like the WWE? They got him several times and never knew how to properly push him or even exploit him, so he probably came with the Hardy package anyway, nothing lost there.

Hogan? Vince probably was not pleased when Hogan Had his Press conference at the MSG but got over it. Since the only thing Vince wanted from Hulk was for him to host a Raw to save face he won't be sweating it that much, Raw this week was proof of that.

After watching the Raw Vince Russo said on an Interview "Does Vince thing this little of TNA? to put on a show like this?" and the answer is probably yes. If TNA does not hit him in the nuts at least once (Unfortunately Monday was not the night) he is not really consider them a treat what so ever.

Only way I can see Bishoff these days making Vince upset is if TNA Impact gets higher ratings then Monday Night RAW. And I do not see that happening in awhile. If TNA in the Bishoff/Hogan Era do not compete with WWE, when the time Bishoff and Hogan retire from the buisness, then TNA should just give up then and go out of buisness cause they will never be a threat or have an impact in the wrestling buisness.

I don't think Jeff Hardy or Ric Flair going to TNA would really make Vince upset. I mean let's look at the facts, TNA is the lesser of the two promotions, and Vince probably sees it as a step down for them. And when looking at it this way, why get angry? In this logic, it would be them wasting their time, not his.

And if anything Ric Flair going to TNA is disrespectful towards himself. Sure Vince booked him a great send off and all, but if Ric wants to go against that, Vince can't possibly be mad, and it's Ric's fault and his fault if is legacy in wrestling becomes tainted due to it.

At most, Bischoff has made Vince McMahon slightly irritated or annoyed. I doubt he is particularly upset at anything which has transpired thus far. TNA brought out the big guns, pulled out all the stops, went head to head, unopposed for hour one, and still only managed a 1.5. WWE puts out a run of the mill show (with the big exception of Bret Hart of course) and they still maintain their 3+ rating. So what is there for Vince to be mad about anyway?

The debut of Hogan? Face it, Hogan is in TNA because Vince didn't want him back. Whether he be right or wrong, Vince did not want Hogan back in the WWE on Hogan's terms. If Vince saw value in Hogan, he'd have been brought back into the fold and TNA wouldn't have been even a consideration for Hogan. So why would Vince be mad about this, he didn't want him anyway. Same applies to Ric Flair. Vince I imagine is a little pissed that he gave these guys such a tremendous send-off, yet they jumped ship anyway, but I doubt he sees their defections as a big deal.

Why would Vince give a crap about Shannon Moore, he's bounced back and forth from organization to organization doing nothing in either.

I'd say Vince is the most upset about Hardy, but with Hardy himself more so than Bischoff. Because I think there was deceit on Hardy's part here; the plan was to bring him back when he was ready. Hardy left on his terms because he had other things to pursue, but I don't think he told Vince that one of those things he wanted to pursue was TNA. It won't matter anyway because I think Hardy is going to be in a shit load of trouble anyway, personally I think he's going to jail. I hope I'm wrong, I wouldn't wish this on him or anyone else, but I think many people here are under-estimating just how much trouble he's actually in.

Probably not all that much, if at all. There have been conflicting reports regarding Hulk Hogan, but I've heard nothing regarding Bischoff. According to some, Vince was said to be furious when Hogan announced at a press conference in Madison Square Garden that he was signing with TNA. Vince feels that MSG is kind of the "unofficial official" home of the WWE. However, I've also read reports that Vince wasn't upset about it at all. So, I don't know.

As far as Hogan goes, I doubt Vince is all that upset about him going to TNA. Simply put, Hogan wanted back in the WWE at first but Vince wasn't willing to give Hogan what he wanted.

As for Ric Flair, Vince probably isn't all that upset either. The WWE had no interest in using Flair as a wrestler given all the build up they did with the retirement and HOF angle. Flair still wants to wrestle occassionally but Vince wasn't willing to agree. Personally, I don't think Flair is all that passionate about TNA. It's the only other game in town, they've given him a deal that's good for him and allows him to wrestle every once in a while.

As far as Jeff Hardy goes, I haven't heard anything about Vince being pissed about that either. Although, it wouldn't really surprise me if Vince did feel a little betrayed. Let's be honest, the WWE really increased Jeff Hardy's stock over the course of 2009. Hardy was over more last year than he's ever been and his career was elevated to another level. However, I think Jeff Hardy is in TNA more because of the lighter schedule rather than anything else. Hardy wants to devote his time to other things and the lighter TNA schedule allows him to do that. It wouldn't surprise me if Hardy never sets foot in a WWE ring again.

Did Kurt Angle jumping ship make any difference to how Vince views TNA as a competitor? Or Booker T? Or Mick Foley?

Shannon Moore will probably go the same way Daivairi went and be gone after little more than a year, if that. Hardy will push them to keep Moore around, they'll keep him as a low level mid-carder, and eventually he'll get pissed off and quit, i imagine.

Regarding Flair, Vince probably realises, that Flair is addicted to wrestling. He can't leave his boots hung up. After 35 years, Flair doesn't know how to do anything else with himself, and is passionate enough in himself and his profession to keep doing it. He probably also sees this as a perfect opportunity to wrestle Sting again (which i feel is probably one of the only reasons TNA asked Flair to sign up, so that Sting wouldn't walk out). He's done work with other promotions even before the Aussie Hogan tour, and those reports were never followed up with 'Vince is said to be pissed off about this', so i think Vince views Ric's signing as TNA exploiting Ric's passion and drive so they can get one over on the 'E'.

With Hogan, i bet Vince is thinking 'glad it's not me'. Hogan came back one night and brought 4 or 5 of his cronies with him. Now we're going to have to put up with them all the time as well. Can someone please just shoot the Nasty Boys? Is there anyone on this forum who heard their comments about Team 3D and actually thought 'cool, a 3D/Nasty Boys fued!'? No, of course you didn't. So why the fuck are they back on mainstream tv again?

An nWo re-union? Well, we don't need to see an nWo invasion angle again right? What's this, the 3rd or 4th time they've done it? Does ANYONE care anymore? Nash is the only one acting his age (therefore not seeming as pathetic as Hogan, Hall, Waltman or DX), and imo he's the always been the least talented of the 3, so big fuckin' deal.

Regarding Hardy, the guy's a still a train wreck. Ok, he's a huge draw...... NOW, and we all thought he'd gotten over his drug problems. He takes a wrestling hiatus and his worst drug offence (which could land him several decades in prison, if he's convicted) is made public within 3 weeks. He's an even bigger risk now, than he was in WWE as a 2 strike loser, so why would Vince care? Sure he'd be pissed that he finally gives this guy an uber push and makes him one his promotion's top faces, only to jump ship, but he's such a risky venture that i don't think TNA will benefit from having him long term. He's oing to be gone for ages while his case is going on, and then what happens if he's found guilty? I feel that they'll regret signing Jeff in retrospect.

Vince is probably more angry that he's up against Eric Bischoff again, than those other things. He's probably thinking 'what do i have to do to finally be rid of this guy?'

One thing that we have seen with the Monday Night Wars and Jan 4th, is that no one is brand loyal, We saw Bischoff take Hogan, Nash, Hall, Luger, Waltman, Savage and all the others. Vince responded by taking the blood of WCW, Benoit, Jericho, Big Show, Malenko, etc.

With the exception of Jeff Hardy, no one that TNA brought out on the 4th was worth a damn,

Flair??? Come on this guy has only two moves left the chest slap and the walking out and falling down, pathetic.

The Nasty Boys??? These idiots were a joke back in the 80's early 90's, worthless jobbers to say the least.

Moore??? This dude has been nothing anywhere he has been...

Val Venus??? Still popular but TNA can't and won't use him with any success.

And the biggest losers of all Hall and Waltman, Do I really need to say anything else about these two? Yes I do... Hall is the laughing stock of wrestling now, he is a pathetic drunk, fat, and stuck in the WCW nWo. Waltman did Chyna and taped it, she had a bigger dick than Sean did.

Why would Vince be mad? His promotion are worth millions upon millions. TNA is worth what? We don't know cause they are too scared to release buy rates.

Besides Bischoff hasn't doing anything yet. He can't steal talent cause of the 90 day clause. Bischoff can't disclose any Raw spoilers this time around, he can't say he can defeat Vince, cause he sure failed last time

If Bischoff wants to piss Vince off, beat him in the ratings. Take away what he loves most. Control and money.

Vince will only have his "Grr I hate those guys" moment when WWE is finally pushed to number two for more than two weeks in the Nealson Ratings.

Pulling in names after 90 Day Clauses won't do much. It's not like they have "secret spies" roaming around the CT-Headquarters.

Vince thinks with his pocket book, and that is where you have to hit him.

One thing that we have seen with the Monday Night Wars and Jan 4th, is that no one is brand loyal, We saw Bischoff take Hogan, Nash, Hall, Luger, Waltman, Savage and all the others. Vince responded by taking the blood of WCW, Benoit, Jericho, Big Show, Malenko, etc.

With the exception of Jeff Hardy, no one that TNA brought out on the 4th was worth a damn,

Flair??? Come on this guy has only two moves left the chest slap and the walking out and falling down, pathetic.

The Nasty Boys??? These idiots were a joke back in the 80's early 90's, worthless jobbers to say the least.

Moore??? This dude has been nothing anywhere he has been...

Val Venus??? Still popular but TNA can't and won't use him with any success.

And the biggest losers of all Hall and Waltman, Do I really need to say anything else about these two? Yes I do... Hall is the laughing stock of wrestling now, he is a pathetic drunk, fat, and stuck in the WCW nWo. Waltman did Chyna and taped it, she had a bigger dick than Sean did.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

That, and TNA seems to be trying too hard to cause controversy way too soon. Bubba The Love Sponge talking TNA on his radio show and calling Jeff Jarett early in the morning and laughing at a sleeping Jarrett (hack radio at it's finest.) Hogan saying something about Kong or something (i'm not too informed about Hogan and the knockouts fiasco.) Montreal blah blah blah. Vinnie Ru slamming Vinnie Mac.

It's too much. If they keep going like this, then TNA would look like a trend and die off soon. Then Vince McMahon would be forced to do some indie wrestling promotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back