Does Vince Have The Right To Be Pissed Off?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
From WRESTLINGINC.com Following the announcement that Hulk Hogan will now be working with TNA Wrestling, there have been some curious changes to WWE.com that are worth noting.
Both Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair's profiles have been removed from the Alumni section of WWE.com. Eric Bischoff, who will be joining Hulk Hogan in working with TNA, still has a profile on the Alumni page.

While its somewhat understandable why Hogan's profile would be taken down now that he's working for WWE's top competitor, there hasn't really been anything newsworthy with Ric Flair in recent days. While he is wrestling next month despite WWE's grand sendoff last year at WrestleMania, this has been known for quite some time
.​
From WRESTLEZONE Home Page:Additionally, it's being said that when Vince McMahon heard the news that Hogan had announced his signing with TNA during a press conference at Madison Square Garden, he apparently became furious as he considers MSG to be "his building." It wouldn't surprise most people to see Vince take some kind of action in retaliation to Hogan's signing as he is apparently very angry with the situation.
So unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of days, you know Hogan is going to TNA. And there are plenty whispers going around that it's only a matter of time before Ric Flair also signs with TNA. Now I'm not suprised WWE would remove Hogan from the alumni page, but Flair? I know nothing is official yet, but why take Flair off? Then there were reports Vince became furious when he learned Hogan announced his TNA signing at MSG because Vince considers The Garden to be "his" building as far as pro wrestling goes. So do you think Vince is in his rights to be angry? Vince and Hogan have had a very shakey relationship through the years. Him being pissed at Hogan doesn't surprise me that much. And then there's Flair, Vince gave him possibly the greatest send-off we've ever seen a wrestler get during Wrestlemania weekend last year, and on Raw. I've also read articles where Flair has said he is loyal to the Mcmahon family. Maybe Vince feels betrayed? What are your thoughts on Vince? Does he have the right ot be pissed off?​

I think he has somewhat of a right to be pissed. First of all, they hold the press conference at MSG. The supposed "House that Hogan built." Sure, Hogan has sold out MSG quite a few times, but has TNA? Hell, they couldn't even sell out their rinky dink little venue they had their flagship show Bound for Glory at. Yet, they gather there as if they'd sold out shows there for the past seven years. When WCW tried to hold a show at MSG, it didn't go well. The reason: because MSG is, and will always be "The house that WWE built." That's their arena. Wrestlemania 1, Wrestlemania 10, Wrestlemania 20, numerous Royal Rumbles, a Survivor Series or two. That arena, when it comes to professional wrestling, is WWE. And by them having their little press conference there, it was like slapping Vince straight in the face before kneeing him in the nuts once or twice. A good shot by TNA, I'll give them that. And as for Flair? I'd really like to know how he feels about this entire Hogan TNA situation. I watched his DVD not too long ago, and he seemed like he was truly, truly, grateful for how WWE treated him, as well as for that deeply emotional send-off. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me is he already called Vince and appologized. And knowing Vince, he probably hung up on him.

LOL. So what? The whole wrestling business used to be about territories, and different places had their own "buildings", but Vince broke all those rules himself, and killed the territories. Vince set this system up, he's a hypocrite to complain about it. He went to everybody's building, and he didn't just hold press conferences, he did business there.

LOL. So what? The whole wrestling business used to be about territories, and different places had their own "buildings", but Vince broke all those rules himself, and killed the territories. Vince set this system up, he's a hypocrite to complain about it. He went to everybody's building, and he didn't just hold press conferences, he did business there.

This makes for good TV, Vince should air his frustrations on RAW and do a shoot about TNA/Hogan situation. I for one would love to hear how he feels and what he plans to do to fire back at TNA but of course all in a PG-TV manner hahahaha.

I think he took Flair off the page because he signed with Hogan's tour and broke the "Retirement" send off at WM. All and all, it comes down to money and Vince is just upset at the fact he will not be able to promote the hell out of this Hogan tour and get his share of the money.

I think Vince will try to sign everyone and everything he can to screw Hogan's tour/TNA stunt up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Kennedy back in WWE soon because Kennedy himself said he is wating and unsure if he wants to do TNA or Hogan's tour if he was asked to sign on so I would not be surprised if he pops up sometime because WWE can offer Kennedy movies as well with WWE flims.

This makes for good TV, Vince should air his frustrations on RAW and do a shoot about TNA/Hogan situation. I for one would love to hear how he feels and what he plans to do to fire back at TNA but of course all in a PG-TV manner hahahaha.

I'm sure TNA would appreciate that, greatly.

I think he took Flair off the page because he signed with Hogan's tour and broke the "Retirement" send off at WM. All and all, it comes down to money and Vince is just upset at the fact he will not be able to promote the hell out of this Hogan tour and get his share of the money.

I pretty much agree that it is both money and ego. Unless Vince is controlling every facet of the wrestling business, he simply is not happy. Even if he is controlling every facet, I still don't think he's happy. He basically does what he does, because of the kind of person that he is. This tour in Australia was absolutely zero threat to Vince whatsoever, but because Hogan was involved in it, and Flair was looking to sign on .... Vince's personal grudge kicked in and decided to take over.

I think Vince will try to sign everyone and everything he can to screw Hogan's tour/TNA stunt up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Kennedy back in WWE soon because Kennedy himself said he is waiting and unsure if he wants to do TNA or Hogan's tour if he was asked to sign on so I would not be surprised if he pops up sometime because WWE can offer Kennedy movies as well with WWE flims.

I honestly don't think Kennedy is all that big a draw. Plus, if Orton is upset at Kennedy, I doubt Vince would bring him back. My guess is that Kennedy eventually goes to TNA, as I don't think Vince is interested in him. He's just too injury-prone for Vince.

But as far as other talents out there, we'll see. My guess is that Vince will want to see where Hogan can take TNA and ascertain the threat level first, before spending hundreds of thousands of dollars buying up talent if it isn't necessary.

Although, I do think TNA has outstanding potential to seize the rings as big-time competition for Vince. If they get the deal on Monday Nights, then it's Game On. Best thing that could possibly happen for the wrestling business.

OK, first off, WWE has not pulled Hogan's nor Flair's profiles. There was a report earlier saying that the profiles were on the “Alumni” section of the site, when they are on the “Hall of Fame” site. And they are still there.
As for McMahon being pissed off? Well, the only reason I would see him being pissed off about Hogan is because of the DVD that is scheduled for release.
I doubt he cares too much about Bischoff. At this point, Bischoff has been too far removed from WWE's product for McMahon to really concern himself with it.
I guess the biggest thing that might piss of McMahon is if Flair does decide to wrestle for TNA. I mean after the send-off Flair received, it would be a slap in the face to WWE, (and obviously McMahon) to not only return, but to a different company.
Of course, this is all speculation, and McMahon could be pissed about the whole situation, or not give a shit about it. We'll probably never really know, unless he addresses it in some form on WWE programming, and I don't see that happening.

I think vince should be pissed at the hole hogan/tna MSG thing. Did vince do anything at wresltemaina 24 when wwe was close to tna. no. he told his talent to stay a way from tna. Now with ric flair, vince should only be pissed if flair wrestles in tna. what if flair doesn't wrestle, then it should be ok

Vince is allowed to be upset for TNA going into "his" house in MSG, but Vince could've easily signed both Hogan and Flair and found something to do with them. Instead he didn't so in a way he brought this on himself. He did tell his guys to stay away from TNA, so I understand how he's upset with Flair possibly signing on.

OK, first off, WWE has not pulled Hogan's nor Flair's profiles. There was a report earlier saying that the profiles were on the “Alumni” section of the site, when they are on the “Hall of Fame” site. And they are still there.

I know Hogan and Flair are still on the Hall Of Fame page, but they have been removed from the alumni page. Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are hall of famers when it comes to pro wrestling. That's something not even Vince can take away from them. I thought it was worth mentiong because if you look on the WWE alumni page, The Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage are still there. And we all know how much Vince can't stand those two. Here's the link to the WWE Alumni page, http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wwealumni

i have to believe the reports of Vince being "pissed" about the recent tna signings are a bit exaggerated. His product is doing as well as it has in a decade. Hogan's days of being a competent in-ring performer are long behind him.

As for Flair, i do not know the relationship between flair and vince but i would doubt Vince would be that upset unless flair was sticking it to vince in an interview. Flair was still carrying matches right up til his retirement, so it is not as if vince was doing flair a favor by letting him wrestle.

Hogan looks like a guy who needs the money, and since tna is still far from being a wwe competitor, vince doesnt really have the right to hold a grudge.

The way I see it Hogan,Bishfoff and Flair are not under any contractual obligations to the WWE, this is a capitalistic society,the very same one that has made McMahon rich. So what if Vince has a titty attack! He has been a cutthroat businessman for years, destroying all competiton and being the only show in town. As far as the whole MSG ?his building? issue, it's very clear that he dos'nt own msg. MSG has a contract of exclusivity with the WWE for ?WRESTLING EVENTS? there is nothing that prevents them from renting out their facilities for a press confrence. TNA has a right to hold their events with whatever venue that is willing to have them. GET OVER IT VINCE! YOuR SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER IS AS MUCH A JOKE AS YOUR WIFE'S RUN FOR SENATE!

Flair was treading on thin ice with Vince since his WrestleMania retirement with promoting other wrestling organisations and wrestling for Hogan in Australia just recently. so i think it was just a matter of time.

I think it just comes down to Vince is off his rocker with all the rpessure he puts upon himself so it doesn't take much to piss him off anyway. will he lose sleep over it? i doubt it. they've killed WCW once, they can do it again to TNA if they really needed too. even more so now when they are financially well ahead of where they were when the monday night wars were on.

He would have to know the only thing that will kill off WWE and put TNA firmly in the same league is the McMahon family or a mass exodus of fans to TNA soley which isn't happening anytime soon, didn't happen back then during the wars, ain't gonna happen now. and any hardcore Hogan fans would've left years ago.

Wheras TNA is skating on thin ice all the time, only just starting to reach some more solid ground but at anytime the ice could break.

Ooops didn't realise i did two Ice metaphors :)

as for the alumni page, all i could say is Hogan/Flair went into busines for themselves and Hogan joining/stating he plans on competing against WWE would be a nail in the coffin, Savage and Warrior are not and ahve not been in the global limelight in a long time. soon as they did they would be removed too no doubt. What does it matter anyway, as a fan you still know what they did and if you didn't it wouldn't be hard to search there histories.

i rarely visit the WWE website or the TNA website for that matter so i for one care not whats on the pages.

Oh cry me a river no he has no right to be angry this isn't personal it's just business Vince should stop crying and get ready for the upcoming battle.

Is Hogan his property ? Nope how about Eric Bischoff ? I don't think so If it was say HBK or HHH then yeah he would have a right to be angry but with these two he should get over himself.

I think Vince is just pissed over the whole MSG thing. The WWE has always been the up north promotion and TNA and WCW for that matter were always the southern promotions. Since he runs events in TNA's territory I dont think he has much reason to get pissed when they run an event or press conference in what he seees as his "territory". As far as Hogan /Bischoff, I am not getting too excited over this. it will be nice to have them on tv from time to time, but in the case of Hogan, other than the nostalgia, he can't keep up pace with the TNA roster. His name and potential for drawing power are the best reasons to hire him, not so much his ability to perform. Bischoff almost took down Vince before, sure. But that was with an unlimited bank roll behind him, something he wont have with TNA. His experiance will be a huge boon for the company, but im not expecting these two by themselves to be able to transform TNA into the kind of promotion that can threaten the WWE. The upside is Russo and Ferrara will be kept on a much shorter leash. it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, especially with TNA looking to break into the Monday night time slot. Hopefully it wont be as Shakespear once said, all sound and fury, signifying nothing

well it's vince's own fault.........if he treated his employees like human beings instead of treating them like shit then things like this wouldn't happen. hulk is responsible for his company, and his old ass being famous...... and like someone said earlier HE DOESN'T OWN MSG, so he has no right to be mad at anybody.

well it's vince's own fault.........if he treated his employees like human beings instead of treating them like shit then things like this wouldn't happen. hulk is responsible for his company, and his old ass being famous...... and like someone said earlier HE DOESN'T OWN MSG, so he has no right to be mad at anybody.

Vince has always treated his employees very well. Look at past interviews and you see that the McMahon family in general treat people well.

yah, vince treats all his employees well, just look at the harts for that......So yah anyway how bout we stop talking about how vince has a right to be upset with Flair. I dont care what kind of (send off) is that what we are calling it? when you tell someone there done and they dont want to be? Sounds like a push off to me, but yah it was nice of them to give flair a wave and some hugs along with the backside boot out the door. Flair owes vince nothing. And take it for what you will but real or imagained, this is a gathering of people who feel they have been slighted by vince, they want to beat him. And as nash said long ago wwe is a machine. Bottomline the machine doesnt stop.

Vince McMahon is pissed off because once again, Hulk Hogan is trying to stick it to the WWE in his own little way. Don't think for one second that having the press conference at Madison Square Garden wasn't something pre-planned by Hogan to have it be a symbolic thing for Hulkamania, and for him to stick it to Vince.

Will this influence McMahon to turn his A game on again? One can only hope. I wonder what the WWE would do to push the envelope and try to offset the impact of having Hogan in TNA. And I do believe Vince is on pins and needles with what could be planned in TNA. Also, Vince will have a much better game plan if TNA becomes a legit threat to him. He won't lose 84 weeks in a row to anyone again. That's for sure.

Two thoughts. One is that Vince shouldn't be mad at a guy tryin to earn some bucks while he can. Two: Isn't Hogan and Flair under one of those legend contracts? You'd have to assume it doesn't have any kind of no-compete clause in it.

Okay, first of all, Vince had every opportunity to sign Hogan. Once Vince put the kybosh on Hogan wrestling Cena or Jericho at Mania, Hogan went and had his surgery. Vince sure has a right to be upset that the press conference was at MSG. But hey, Vince would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed. Ric Flair is one of the biggest pieves of trash the business has ever seen. He could not have been given a better send off from in-ring WWE competition, and Flair was offered a big money non wrestling roll in the company, which he turned down. Fact is, Flair wants to wrestle, so its never going to happen in WWE, so he would have to sign elsewhere to wrestle again.

As for Ken Anderson, he would have to be an idiot to return to WWE. He was punted by the inner sanctum pretty much, and those same guys who buried him to Vince are still there and in the same spot. If Ansderson was smart, he would wait til all the buzz of Hogan etc signing disappears so when he arrives, its a big deal. Vince will try and sign as many of the talent Hogna has advertised to go to Australia, but these guys will surely see it as a desperate McMahon trying to wreck the tour, not an investment in their wrestling talent or future.

It is common knowledge in the internet community that Vince was pissed that Flair went out and wrestled and did appearances for other wrestling organisations when he was given his big sendoff, which btw wouldn't be the first time he's retired only to come back soon after on a semi regular basis same with Terry Funk and Hogan

But ever think it was them that decided to retire and were given big send offs by WWE only to turn around soon after and change there mind and go out on there own?

I didn't mean he had a right to be pissed at Flair or Hogan. just meant he probably was.
They have every right to do whats best for them and don't owe WWE anything anymore unless they were under contract, other than a thanks for the memories and giving me a platform to perform on.

on the flipside Vince owns WWE and he has every right to do what he wants in reference to advertising talent and making references to history.

You're absolutely right and I apologize for mixing up what you had written.

No you're right mate. If someone is in the HOF they don't appear in the Alumni section. If you check the Alumni section there are NO Hall Of Famers in it and never have been. The Alumni section is made up of former WWE/F stars who are not yet in the HOF.

This cannot happen. If Vince did show how pissed he was on air that would give TNA more viewers because the people who don't know about TNA and yes there are some!. By Vice bad mouthing them, those viewers would want to see what TNA is all about.. So it's best for vince to keep his mouth shut on air.

Now some people seem to over look Vince's son leaving WWE.. Maybe Hogan got his hooks in on him and he will turn to TNA in the bigest move in the Monday night war to come.. That will kill Vince, because his son was a big part of Vinces PG 14 days.. Not saying that would happen but it would be cool for his son to just stick it to him..

I have been watching wrestling since i was 2 years old.. i am now 28.. I have seen the old NWA days, WCW days, I watched the Monday night war every week (i was on WCW side :D ) I even watched ECW and CZW.. Out of all the wrestling i watched WCW was the best.. they had good Mic skills going on, and they still had great wreslting going on..

The key to WCW was everyweek "what is going to happen next?" WWE lost that.. no one cares what DX is doing because they now do nothing! DX now is not the same as before and you all know it..

TNA for me is like WCW before the nWo.. they just need that push.. they need to pull people into whats going to happen next.. and they haven't done that yet.. everyone tunes in for wrestling yes but a lot needs to be done with stories.. they can't just have wreslting to pass WWE..

In order for TNA to become huge, they need to hit the road with live tv shows.. WCW thunder was tapped yes and wasn't as good of a show.. Nitro was the best because it was live and you never "knew" what was going to happen.. So TNA must stop tapping shows. If a viewer reads what's going to happen and nothing interesting happens then they won't watch it.. in this day and age of Internet wreslting reporting you can't have tapped shows.. it just doesn't work to well.. With Impact drawing a 1.1 rating most the time i'm sure they would get a 3.0 if they had a live show..

If they could sign the Rock bam right there is 1,000,000 viewers alone.. not that it would happen i'm just saying bigger names bring the people..

ok i'll shut up now because i'm going on and on and on... hahaha..

Hogan isnt Dumb, he and bischoff knows where and how hard to hit Vince McMahon, thats the only reason they did the conference at the Garden plus the fact that its a famous arena and TNA is trying to put themselves on the map. Vince getting mad about hogan makes no since he knows he doesnt want hogan around so why get mad about him taking his business elsewhere, But Ric Flair is a totally different story, he agreed to retire he promised to never wrestle again, WWE has offered him spots on the shows he turned them down Flair told vince he was going to do the some wrestling tours Vince was OK with it, but as flair Signing with TNA is a total backstabbing the Door is open to flair in the WWE, but i guess flair wants to be the man again and in WWE thats not gonna happen. Vince should be mad with flair not hogan, this is expected from hogan.

Look, Hogan is a big boy and he knows what he wants. If he thinks that TNA is the way to go for him, he is well within his rights to go there. Ric Flair wrestling again is a bit snide after such a great sendoff, but again he knows whats best for him so hes fine to go to TNA if he wants. He might not even be going! And Vince needs to grow up, MSG is just a stadium not the McMAhon family house, big deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back