• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How does Vince McMahon feel about Ric Flair?

rockyrocky11

Occasional Pre-Show
Now that Ric Flair is at TNA and "wrestling," I was wondering if Vince ever came out and said he's upset or pissed at Flair for doing this. I feel like Vince wouldn't care, but the fact that he had a big goodbye party for Flair on Raw makes me feel like he may have taken this very, very personal. Does anyone have information or a back story about these two and how they feel about each other?

Flair has said several times that during his first run in the '90's he had a contract that allowed him to leave when ever he wanted. That says a lot to me. The next run after WCW went down Flair was always shown in a good light and pushed hard so I would assume they like each other.
I don't think anyone really believed that Flair was going to stay out the ring for long. Vince gave him a huge send off because he knew that Flair wouldn't get it anywhere else(TNA). That is just my opinion.
Flair has made it very clear he enjoyed both runs in WWE and has never said a bad word about Vince that I am aware of. If nothing else I would guess that they have a great deal of respect for on another.

I don't know how they feel about each other, but I believe Vince atleast has to respect the fact that Ric wants to keep on doing what he loves. Now it's no surprise that Ric isn't very smart with his money so he probably didn't have any choice but to keep on working anyways but Ric did once say he was going to die in the ring and that he'll never retire. I know all of that was said for the angle but I believe he meant it all the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if his retirement/departure from the WWE was "encouraged." Think about the amount of heat Vince would have received for firing Ric Flair. From the article read at grantland.com, Flair has no choice but to continue to work. I assume everyone in the WWE is aware of his financial situation and it is probably viewed as unfortunate but I doubt their is any ill-will solely based off of him going to TNA.

My only problem with Flair-McMahon is how Flair is the biggest liar and butt-kisser in the business. Wherever he goes he claims is the best organization in the business, and they all can't be the best. I mean, Mr. NWA himself talking about how "great" the WWF was? Dude, CROCKETT made you who you were - not McMahon. Now he does the same crap with TNA and Dixie Carter.

But anyway, I think Vince doesn't have any real beef with Richard Morgan Fliehr. Maybe with Ric Flair the performer, but not Fliehr the person - the human being. Honestly, all of these people are still humans and I think Vince cares about Flair's well being as a person.

go along with others, i believe there is respect there but that's about it. Doesn't take a brain scientist to see Ric has always been a loose cannon and a detriment to himself personally and in the last 10yrs professionaly he's been on a steady downward spiral.

I do believe that WWE is dissapointed that he chose to not stay with them as and ambassador still drawing a paycheck i might add for doing next to nothing and went to another company and now has all but ruined any legacy/respect he had left.

Does he have a right to? absolutely, was it the right move personally? i don't think so, it only puts him back in the situations that have made him the alcoholic, womanising, deadbeet.

I would doubt that Vince has any problem with Ric Flair, He gave the wwe some good years and good matches made them some money, If he had been smarter with his money and health ric might not have to be wrestling anymore. As is I think he should get out of the ring and put his mind to work in helping TNA in other ways off screen. Its sad to watch sometimes when people are past there best days and think they can still go like they did back in the day..

Ric Flair needs money, and he needs to wrestle to make money. Who cares if Vince is upset with him, or if he isn't. I don't think Ric does it for the crowd anymore (though I'm sure he enjoys the spotlight and entertaining fans), he does it because he needs the paycheck.

I don't believe McMahon cares either way about him returning. IT would be different if Flair got into some hot angle that turned the tides and took away a large portion of WWE's share of the wrestling business. Even if he had the slight bit of anymosity I think HHH would smooth talk that anger away as HHH adores Flair so much.

In his shoot along with Piper, Flair said he still does it because, even though he loves it, he also has 20K in alamony a month to pay to 3 ex-wives. Said that he was stupid and unlike Piper, spent every dime and never found other ways to make money.

Vince, being the businessman he is, probably understands and knows that Flair doing shit on TNA doesn't really tarnish anything because Vince isn't a mark for his own product and understands that it's a business.

How the hell would I know how Vince feels? I'm not Vince or anyone around him. But if I was Vince, I personally wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't have any respect for Flair anymore.

WWE gave Flair everything, they gave him a good career, a good angle to go out on, a last match at Wrestlemania with his good friend HBK, and a huge retirement ceremony. After all that, Flair gives Vince the finger and says I'm going to TNA.

If I was Vince, I wouldn't want anything to do with Flair, I wouldn't consider him a legend in my company, and I would want somebody to break his world title reigns as quickly as possible. What Flair did was disrespectful, and with the mans age he shouldn't even be Wrestling plain and simple.

How the hell would I know how Vince feels? I'm not Vince or anyone around him. But if I was Vince, I personally wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't have any respect for Flair anymore.

WWE gave Flair everything, they gave him a good career, a good angle to go out on, a last match at Wrestlemania with his good friend HBK, and a huge retirement ceremony. After all that, Flair gives Vince the finger and says I'm going to TNA.

If I was Vince, I wouldn't want anything to do with Flair, I wouldn't consider him a legend in my company, and I would want somebody to break his world title reigns as quickly as possible. What Flair did was disrespectful, and with the mans age he shouldn't even be Wrestling plain and simple.
So you'd let personal opinions get in the way of good business? That's why you aren't Vince McMahon.

Flair is doing what he feels he needs to do. I'm sure Vince understands that. Flair made Vince a lot of money and I'm sure Vince paid Flair a lot of money and I'm sure if the price was right for both sides they'd do it again.

It's all about the money for Ric Flair. He isn't giving anyone the finger, he isn't saying suck it to the WWE or anything like that. He wants money, which is fine, to spend on himself and the family. Flair loves the wrestling business and I doubt he will ever truly give it up until the day he dies. This guy is a legend and I'm sure Vince McMahon can see what Flair is doing. The WWE was in a stage of getting in new talent and Flair wasn't needed. They gave him one last angle and then he left. While he may of come back for WrestleMania 25, Flair has been gone since.

Vince McMahon is smart, he knows good business. Ric Flair saw a chance to make some money, stay in the business and get on television. He took it and it was a smart move on his part. I mean, we are still talking about Ric Flair in 2011. Who would of thought that ten years ago? I don't see what Vince would have to be mad about anyway. He didn't make Flair a star. Flair was in WCW being a star. He was kicking the ass of the WWE during the Monday Night Wars for WCW. He was one of the big players for WCW during that era. Flair was an outside guy, he doesn't owe Vince McMahon for his career. His longest time in the company was after his prime.

The relationship between these two would be strange. But I'm sure Vince McMahon can see it is all about the business side of it. And not sticking it to him. It's all about the money for Ric Flair.

So you'd let personal opinions get in the way of good business? That's why you aren't Vince McMahon.

Flair is doing what he feels he needs to do. I'm sure Vince understands that. Flair made Vince a lot of money and I'm sure Vince paid Flair a lot of money and I'm sure if the price was right for both sides they'd do it again.

Where does good business come into any of this? I thought this thread was supposed to be about Vince McMahon's "feelings" not about good business. Besides, what business could Vince McMahon even do? Flair is too old to compete, that's why they requested he retire in the first place, plus Flair jumped ship and went to TNA, so Vince can't sell merchandise.

Vince McMahon can do nothing "business" wise, so all that is left if whether or not he still respects Flair, and the way Ric Flair has treated Vince, I'd say he has little to no respect for the man.

I doubt that Vince McMahon has much of an opinion regarding Ric Flair one way or another. I would say that he was probably pretty pleased with the send off he gave him in the match with HBK, and was likely pissed off when Flair followed this by heading to TNA. For about five minutes. Then he probably said "oh well" and that was that. It's not like TNA poses any threat whatsoever to WWE, and even if they did, it's not like Flair would be a significant component of it, so I doubt Vince feels any ill will toward Flair for his move down south.

Truth be told, if they had any friendship whatsoever, he probably feels pretty badly for Flair. Flair's supposed financial hardships are well publicized, and he probably thinks it is a shame that this old man is so strapped for cash that he has to still attempt to compete at his age and his degree of physical degradation. Either that, or he may think it's sad/pathetic that he is unable or unwilling to step away from the business. Either way, he probably feels a strong sense of pity for this man who was once such a legend, but is now a shadow of his former self, still trying to function as if it is still 1980. I know I do.

Every man has to respect someone doing what he has to do to survive and keep paying the bills as long as it is legal. Ric realised that a legends contract wasn't sufficient and you can only have so many 'unsanctioned' fights before someone calls "Bullshit!" on the 'retirement'. I think it's safe to assume Vince doesn't LIKE the fact that Flair's still going though and this is why HBK had such a muted sending off, in comparison.

Flipping the coin, it has been long reported that Flair didn't actually want to retire in the WWe, but, when the writing's on the wall, you go with it and hope to make a couple bucks. But again liking something and respecting someone are two different things and Ric's way too long in the tooth to hold any animosity towards McMahon and probably fully understands why he was put out to pasture (he has been about for a significant period and will have seen this happen to many guys with none of them getting as grand an exit).

Whilst I am sure that there are elements of their parting and what has happened since each party has not liked, I don't think either guy has lost any respect for the other.

I doubt that Vince McMahon has much of an opinion regarding Ric Flair one way or another. I would say that he was probably pretty pleased with the send off he gave him in the match with HBK, and was likely pissed off when Flair followed this by heading to TNA. For about five minutes. Then he probably said "oh well" and that was that. It's not like TNA poses any threat whatsoever to WWE, and even if they did, it's not like Flair would be a significant component of it, so I doubt Vince feels any ill will toward Flair for his move down south.

Truth be told, if they had any friendship whatsoever, he probably feels pretty badly for Flair. Flair's supposed financial hardships are well publicized, and he probably thinks it is a shame that this old man is so strapped for cash that he has to still attempt to compete at his age and his degree of physical degradation. Either that, or he may think it's sad/pathetic that he is unable or unwilling to step away from the business. Either way, he probably feels a strong sense of pity for this man who was once such a legend, but is now a shadow of his former self, still trying to function as if it is still 1980. I know I do.
As a businessman he can likely think things through and look at it from a different perspective. None of this "don't act like he's a legend, beat his title reigns" stuff.

Flair seems like a guy who isn't the strongest person emotionally. I don't think he knows who he is. I'm sure Vince got to know him really well and understands why Flair is still wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back