Does The Hall Of Fame Ring Angle Bother You?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
I read a report on the home page about how Ric Flair was upset with the HOF ring angle, but he decided to go through with it anyway. A little while ago, Hulk Hogan gave Abyss a passionate pep talk, and he handed over his HOF ring to him. Ever since then, Abyss has been back on track as far as being pushed goes. Back when this whole HOF ring angle started, I began to wonder, is this okay?

We all know Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair were inducted into WWE's Hall Of Fame, and they were presented with their rings while in WWE. This whole angle hasn't been bad, and I've enjoyed it. Flair and Hogan are legends in the world of pro wrestling, and nobody can take that away from them.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this angle. I don't think it has been done in poor taste. TNA creative has done a good job of emphasizing the prestige and honor of the rings. This storyline has been done with two of the biggest names in pro wrestling, and that has made everything even more interesting.

Are you okay with the Hall Of Fame Ring Angle?

Should Vince McMahon be pissed off about this?

Again and again, I've seen posts about the HOF rings that mention WWE. They're not WWE HOF Rings, they're from The Wrestling HOF. And no it doesn't bother me, they're being used as props in the exact same way title belts are used as props. They're just objects used as a catalyst to further angles so I have no issue with it.

Again and again, I've seen posts about the HOF rings that mention WWE. They're not WWE HOF Rings, they're from The Wrestling HOF. And no it doesn't bother me, they're being used as props in the exact same way title belts are used as props. They're just objects used as a catalyst to further angles so I have no issue with it.

YES thank you lol i honestly dont see where people get that these are the WWE HoF rings. anyway this angle doesnt really bother me, i do wish that they would use replicas just in case anything should happen to the real rings. i do like that they are giving abyss a push and was hoping and still hoping that this will give lethal a push also.

It doesnt bother me but it is pretty stupid. I think its insulting to Ric Flair that he would have to give his up for awhile, why wouldnt they just use a replica? Its not like they do close ups on it or anything, hell even when Jay Lethal had the ring Tazz was like, it looks like hes wearing some kind of class ring. Abyss needs to turn heel and black hole slam Hogan back into his grave.

I think its just a poor boring angle, i reallly couldnt care about the ring, It's Cringeworthy and something that needs to be dropped. It doesnt bother me, it just bores me.

Do you know why most people think it is the wwe hall of fame rings, because they don't even bother telling us the name of the hall of fame group or organization that they got the rings from. Most fans only think of one hall of fame, and that is the wwe, because that is the only hall of fame that is actually televise. What tna should of done in the beginning of this angle is have hogan say that this hall of fame is from so and so hall of fame organization. TNA should of known that fans will be confuse to what kind of hall of fame they were talking about, especially when you don't even bother telling us where they got the rings from. As for as the actual storyline goes........it blows donkey balls.

the question is, should it?

i heard about flair, not wanting to give it up, maybe thats why he got it back a week later...who knows?

it's a stupid angle to begin with, the worst match type ever...ring vs ring...wtf...

now theres gonna be a ring vs chelsea match...what is that all about...tna make their wrestlers fight each other for no reason...after sacrifice they'll make anderson fight matt morgan... wtf..cuz that is what theyseem to be doing with him...

the ring angle however, is just utter bullsh*t...

- Ric Flair was visibly upset at last week's iMPACT over the decision to have Abyss win his WWE Hall of Fame ring but eventually went through with the angle.
dont really understand why flair would be upset as seein he only loosing the ring keyfabe
personally i think the whole thing is stupid and they could actually use abyss in a different role that would benefit abyss character and the company

You know if Ric Flair had a problem with this Angle then why did he go along with it?? TNA still had low ratings as this Angle was going along. It doesnt bother me but I didnt watch the whole wrestling match with Flair vs Abyss because I already knew Abyss was going to win but the whole I feel the power thing lol, Soooo Lame

While I do not like the angle, for creative reasons, I am ok with it. It's not like TNA is bashing WWE. They are saying the ring is important, a huge honor within the wrestling business. Basically, they are paying tribute to the WWE, and I think that's a classy move.

Bischoff has said some unflattering things (his fake phone calls almost every week), but this shows there isn't real hostility coming from TNA in regards to WWE. Sure, Hogan comes out every week and feeds us a line of BullS**T about how TNA is the best company out there, etc., etc. But that isn't being disrespectful. That's about competition. He isn't taking personal jabs. If anything, TNA is recognizing the WWE Hall of Fame as the most important honor a wrestler can achieve (along with the PW HOF).

So, to answer the question, no, I don't have a problem with it. They are being respectful, and that's a breath of fresh air. This "War" hasn't gotten nearly as nasty as WWF vs. WCW did......yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back