• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next Year's WWE Hall of Fame Headliner

My ideal WWE HOF class for next year would be the following.

Headliner: The Undertaker

I would book Sting and Taker next year in a retirement match, and Taker gets the similar treatment that Flair got in 2008, headlining the HOF, and the next night having his final WWE match in a big match at Wrestlemania.

Inducted by Vince McMahon (Vince never appears at the HOF, nor likes to even be mentioned, but he made an exception for Stone Cold, he should do the same for Taker)

Secondary WWE Headliner: Rick Rude

Beings this year's class will be taking place in Texas and because so many great wrestlers came from Texas or were prominent in Texas, I would center this class on Texans. Rick Rude wasn't from Texas obviously, but he was prominent in World Class before coming to WWE, and he's long overdue. He could be one of two posthumous inductees

Inducted by Bret Hart

Tag Team/Stable: The Fabulous Freebirds

Demolition is my biggest tag team snub, but if we're gonna have WM in Texas, the Freebirds have to go in. Demolition can wait a year.

Inducted by Kevin Von Erich or Jim Ross

International Wrestler/Outside WWE Star: Stan Hansen

I like that WWE has been inducting non-WWE wrestlers in recent years, and there probably isn't a bigger name to come out of Texas that established his career out of WWE more than Stan Hansen. He did have a brief run in the mid to late 70's, but he's legendary for his stints in Japan and the AWA mainly. A journeymen wrestler that would bring more credibility to the Hall this year. And he's alive so he can be there to give a speech. Perfect.

Inducted by Ted Dibiase or Terry Funk

Celebrity and Female Inductee: Cyndi Lauper

She would be the first ever female inductee of the Celebrity Wing, and she's probably the most deserving celebrity inductee left. She doesn't have anything to do with Texas really, but WWE never has their entire class represent where they're at for the particular year. So she works

Inducted by Hulk Hogan or Roddy Piper

Non-Wrestler Inductee: Paul Boesch (promoter of Houston Wrestling)

He was one of the most respected and legendary promoters during the territory days, and even though they'll be in Dallas and he promoted in Houston, he's still one of the most famous Texas promoters, plus Fritz is already in, so he makes sense. I'd like to see WWE induct more promoters from the Territory Era, so Paul would be a great step forward in that regard.

Inducted by: George H.W. Bush or Jim Ross (It might seem crazy for WWE to try to get a former President to come induct someone in the HOF, but Boesch and Bush were reportedly very good friends, and Bush while the Vice President of the US in 1987, sent a telegram to be read at the Paul Boesch retirement show that year. And it would be a huge coupe for WWE to get a former President to appear and induct someone at their HOF. It would make Boesch's induction be a much bigger deal to those that aren't aware of his contributions. Obviously that'd be a longshot though, so the safer bet would be Jim Ross who has advocated for Boesch's induction for years (along with Danny Hodge)

Other Inductee: JBL

JBL is famously from Texas, and he's the type of person that WWE likes to induct each year. A recently retired star that's still active with the company. And being's this year's HOF is in Texas, why not?

Inducted by Ron Simmons (JBL inducted Ron, so it'd only be fitting for Ron to return the favor)

Other Inductee: Goldust

Goldust has been heavily rumored to be retiring soon, and becoming a road agent. If that is indeed the case by next year's WM, then to me he should be a shoe-in for the HOF. Goldust to me is one of the most revolutionary gimmicks/characters in the history of WWE, and his career to me is definitely HOF worthy, even if he never won the World title. The Rhodes family famously came from Texas, so he'd be another Texas representative for the class.

Inducted by Dusty Rhodes or Cody Rhodes, or both (as Dustin and Cody both inducted Dusty back in 2007, having both do the same for Dustin would be a nice touch.

I think that would make for a pretty good class, IMO.

Other possibilities:

Bruiser Brody, Dory Funk Sr., Rick Martel, Demolition, Lou Thesz, Andy Kaufman, the Steiner Brothers, Miss Elizabeth, Ivan Koloff, Danny Hodge, Ray Stevens, etc.

I think if WM 32 is going to be The Undertaker's last match, then I think it's almost certain that he will headline the HOF Class of 2016, in his home state. It's almost certainly going to be Kane who inducts the Deadman, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon himself inducts 'Taker, knowing the love and respect he has for him. Remember, after his match with Lesnar Vince accompanied 'Taker to the hospital, leaving WM- something he had never done before.

As a Tag Team, it surely has to be The Fabulous Freebirds, due to their history in Texas and Michael Hayes still working for WWE. I think an induction next year would be very fitting.

I really would like to see The British Bulldog go into the HOF too, an induction for Davey Boy is well overdue and very deserved. I think it's likely that Bret Hart would induct him being his brother-in-low, the leader of The Hart Foundation and Bulldog's most famous opponent.

Also, there are plenty worth worthy inductees- I think Vader could be another one we see go in this year, and Mick Foley could be the one who inducts him. He and Vader are close friends and had some wars in the ring over the years, it was in a match with Vader than Foley lost half his ear!

Lastly, I think X-Pac/Sean Waltman will go in. Being in The Kliq will mean he's a sure-fire inductee at some point, but as a lower entry in the HOF rather than a headliner. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Pac go in this year, with either HBK or Big Sexy inducting him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back