$hake-Zula vs Keyboard Warrior - Official Debate Thread

Who Came Out Top In The Debate?

• Keyboard Warrior

• $hake-Zula

• Too close to call, it's a Tie.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
So $hake-Zula is taking on Keyboard Warrior in a Debate. The one who comes out on top here will face either Jerichoholic4Life of JenksIX in a Final Debate. The question they will be debating is;
Is MMA or Wrestling the biggest market right now?
Keyboard Warrior will be fighting the side of MMA
$hake-Zula will be debating for Wrestling

$hake-Zula will begin and it is Unlimited Posting until Sunday 6pm.

Oh alright wrestling this will be easier for me to do then.

Anyway going to start it off sorta light here.

I say wrestling is the biggest market right now because its every place. Kids play it on the playground at there home in the backyard and even teens and adults do it. Wrestlers are more in demand then MMA Fighters. You see them on all the talk shows tv shows and in the movies more then you do any MMA Fighter. So based on that I'll say wrestling is the bigger marker

Right now MMA has a bigger market compared to Professional wrestling. You only have to look at PPV sales to see that I am not the only person who thinks this.

Here is the market in 2008:

1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao, Dec. 6, 1,250,000

2. UFC: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture, Nov. 15, 1,010,000

3. Wrestling: WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paul "Big Show" Wight, March 30, 670,000

4. UFC: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch/Lesnar vs. Heath Herring, Aug. 9, 625,000

5. UFC: Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Feb. 2, 600,000

6. UFC: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin, July 5, 540,000

7. UFC: St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, April 19, 530,000

8. Boxing: Felix Trinidad vs. Roy Jones Jr., Jan. 19, 500,000

9. UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans, Sept. 6, 480,000

10. UFC: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk/Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida, May 24, 475,000

Credit Bloody Elbow.

This is the 2009 market:

Top 10 PPV buy rates, 2009 1. UFC 100: Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, July 11, 1.6 million
2. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto, Nov. 14, 1.25 million
3. Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, Sept. 19, 1.05 millon
4. UFC 94: Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn, Jan. 31, 920,000 buys
5. UFC 101: Penn vs. Kenny Florian/Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin, Aug. 8, 850,000
6. Boxing: Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton, May 2, 825,000
7t. UFC 107: Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, Dec. 12, 650,000
7t. UFC 97: Silva vs. Thales Leites/Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua, April 18, 650,000
9. UFC 99: Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans/Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra, May 23, 635,000
10. Wrestling: WWE WrestleMania 25, April 5, 582,000 buys

Credit: Yahoo/MMAnews.

This is the 2010 market for PPV sales.:

Top 10 PPV buy rates, 2010

1. Boxing: Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley, May 1, 1.4 million buys

2. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito, Nov. 13, 1,150,000 buys

3. UFC 116: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin, July 3, 1,100,000 buys

4. UFC 114: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans, May 29, 1,050,000 buys

5. UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez, Oct. 23, 1,000,000 buys

6. UFC 124: Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck, Dec. 11, 785,000 buys

7. UFC 111: St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy, March 27, 770,000 buys

8. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey, March 13, 700,000 buys

9. UFC 107: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen, Aug. 7, 600,000 buys

10. UFC 118: Frank Edgar vs. B.J. Penn/Randy Couture vs. James Toney, 535,000 buys

All of these numbers work in the favor of MMA namely UFC with the only using there North American numbers compared to WWE using the international numbers.

You see the common denominator he is that Wrestling namely WWE is slowing falling down the totem pole year by year and the facts show that.

It should be said that Wrestling has had the leg up in competition being around for hundreds of years with generations of loyal fans, where UFC or MMA isn't even legal in New York yet, it is inevitable.... because you can't keep a good product down. Then you shall see the growth MMA truly has in it.

Wait and see. I am in charge of Kirey vs Macios. It should be quite entertaining. It starts in the morning. Be there....

I can't wait for the Kirey/Macios.

But who knows? Maybe $hake has something epic up his sleeve. Maybe he's Vince McMahon.

Fuck. Maybe.

Anyways, all we know is we've gotta wait and see what he comes back with. And KW said he was gonna lose 'cos he was shit at debating.

Kirey and Macios, good lord. That's gonna be like watching a couple of old people trying to climb a flight of stairs. First guy to make any sense at all wins as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, but that's only PPVs. That doesn't take into account live gates, amount of shows, merchandising, history..... oh, wait. I'm providing unasked for assistance, aren't I?

Kirey and Macios, good lord. That's gonna be like watching a couple of old people trying to climb a flight of stairs. First guy to make any sense at all wins as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just letting you know that after I beat Kirey I would love to challenge you to a debate. But for the time being I will now list why I'm better than Kirey:

A) I'm more humble
B) Not everyone makes fun of me on here
C) I understand Umage and Eddie Guerrero are dead
D) I don't consider myself a top 15 poster
E) I can take jokes as long as their not overly offensive
F) I'm not as hypothetical but more factual.
G) I think I'm generally more respected by WZ posters overall

Macios, just shut up. lol. Now, I will post the official thread a little after midnight tonight my time. It is 6:40 here at the moment.

Ok so that's 2am my time and yeah I think I went a little too far in that last post. I'll probaly not be able to make a first post until 3:30 pm your time but you never know I might be able to start earlier.

I value your opinion. So, always consider your assistance to be asked for in advance!

Well ty! One can never get too old for flattery. lol

Popular opinion was that Shaka got counted out early, figured I'd throw him a bone. That little comment at the end was just my way of playing innocent... :D

Well ty! One can never get too old for flattery. lol

Popular opinion was that Shaka got counted out early, figured I'd throw him a bone. That little comment at the end was just my way of playing innocent... :D

lol I hear ya. It's never over till it's over, I guess.

Pretty good KW pretty damn good but I think the reason the PPV Buy rates are much better is each event has different people on them difference matches with different and longer build up. I think if WWE spaced out there ppvs and had less with better build up and few different matches on the card their ratings would go up and would win with buy rates. I mean why pay 49.99 every month to see the same match you saw last month or can see next month its no point in it. So to me buy rates don't matter but what does is tv ratings and WWE gets high ratings week in and week out with Raw they are always on the top 25 highest viewed show on tv and Smackdown got good steady ratings each week where only TNA really disappoints in the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back