• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs and IDR

Is this something we should set up now, or wait for the start of the next season? I think we should set it up now, so such things as the absurd amount of money being paid to Ryan McDonagh can be discussed :)

Or why a team that was two wins away from the Stanley Cup sees a need to make such sweeping changes in the offseason.

Now. Plenty of signings, etc. going on. And you're fucking insane if you think McDonagh was overpaid, and I'm gonna son you on it in about five minutes on why.

Now. Plenty of signings, etc. going on. And you're fucking insane if you think McDonagh was overpaid, and I'm gonna son you on it in about five minutes on why.

The McDonagh contract was a great deal for both sides.

1. McDonagh is only 24 or 25 years old. So a six year deal takes him to 30, while he'll still be very much in his prime.

2 He would have gotten more from any other team, at least 75k more which makes him moveable to another team, a huge asset.

3. The intangibes he brings are excellent. He's already a solid defensive defenseman, and he's shown signs of offensive flair, so at 24, there's likely a good bit of upside in that department.

I love McDonagh, and would have praised Ray Shero in a "New York minute" had he made this deal. He's the kind of guy that makes few mistakes and should only improve offensively. A quality guy and a deal lower then he would have gotten on the open marker. Good move by the Rangers to lock him up lonh-term.

The McDonagh contract was a great deal for both sides.

1. McDonagh is only 24 or 25 years old. So a six year deal takes him to 30, while he'll still be very much in his prime.

2 He would have gotten more from any other team, at least 75k more which makes him moveable to another team, a huge asset.

3. The intangibes he brings are excellent. He's already a solid defensive defenseman, and he's shown signs of offensive flair, so at 24, there's likely a good bit of upside in that department.

I love McDonagh, and would have praised Ray Shero in a "New York minute" had he made this deal. He's the kind of guy that makes few mistakes and should only improve offensively. A quality guy and a deal lower then he would have gotten on the open marker. Good move by the Rangers to lock him up lonh-term.

I agree on all points, other than 2, because he was an RFA and ineligible to use "other teams" as leverage of any kind. Doesn't matter what they were willing to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back