IT'S TIME!!

It would definitely be an upset. Florida is awful. They only had 38 total wins and led the league in non regulation losses with 18. Basically if the NHL had a better point system, Florida wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

On paper it looks like the Devils should roll over Florida in 4 straight. Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if this happened but with how hard working Florida is they aren't gonna roll over for New Jersey. This series is gonna be a lot tougher than a lot of people think.

Indiana has no pro team :(

I've been an Avs fan since I was 7. It NHL 97 and they were the first team listed alphabetically and I had no knowledge of hockey so I always picked them. Then as I started to watch on TV and follow the sport I just kept following them

I'll sit this one out. My team isn't in the playoffs. :(

Even worse, I hear Quebec is building an NHL size arena, and my Jacket's are on the bubble for continued existance.

I won't lie, I don't follow the Wings nearly as much as my 2 favorite Detroit teams, but I do like watching them and am a fan of Jimmy Howard. Plus playoff hockey is fucking awesome. Can't wait for this all to get going.

So the Battle of Pennsylvania gets going in about 15 minutes, yet no response from our Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Running scared I wonder? Has the hard cold reality of the situation set in?

Come on LSN80, are you in or are you out? Because I got a great new username just waiting for you ;)

I see a Shanaban coming his way, which is probably better for him, cause if he's around for any more of this series you better beleive Bertuzzi is gonna fuck his ass up, it's what he does.

Only a $2,500 fine. I want to see Bertuzzi be a head hunter. Also if this is how the NHL is going to proceed in the playoffs, Toews better watch himself from Raffi Torres or Keith Yandle.

Only a $2,500 fine. I want to see Bertuzzi be a head hunter. Also if this is how the NHL is going to proceed in the playoffs, Toews better watch himself from Raffi Torres or Keith Yandle.

Either that, or he gets Kronwalled.

But how about Mike Richards' hit on Alex Burrows? Fuck yes I almost jumped off the couch for that one.

Nice to see the NHL playoffs finally begin tonight.

I mean, I realize there were three games last night, but with the Bruins, the Rangers, and the Blackhawks starting their respective series tonight, the playoffs really begin now.

[size=+2] GO [/size] [size=+2] BRUINS!!!!! [/size]

Well that was a game that fucking sucked... No sense of urgency, too many missed opportunities. No aggression, this definitely wasn't the team that won the cup last year.

And my streak is over.

Does Shaw get a suspension after last night? I say no, and Smith deserves an award for his acting job.

Refs also made a terrible goaltender interference call on Toews when Smith INITIATED the contact.

Huge win in overtime. Thank you Bickell!

So now it's clear why JGlass the red nose Devils Fan wasn't allowed to play in IDR, Hatehabs, and LSN's reindeer games: they were afraid of the New Jersey Devils. They had every right to be: the Devils went into the playoffs with a ton of momentum, they're rocking the best goalie in the history of the sport, and they have the best roster from top to bottom. They may have been the 6th seed, but they had all the talent of a one seed.

So I was shut out. They didn't want to let me play because they knew the risk they would be taking if I was allowed in on their game: certain defeat. It turns out they made a good decision, but I want what's rightfully mine: the right to change their names and avatars.

I'll be nice since I wasn't formally invited to play: you're allowed to keep your avatars. Your names, however, are not safe.

The Penguins fan, LSN- LSN's Penguins were unceremoniously defeated in the first round by the Flyers (whom the Devils would go onto thrash). His Stanley Cup dreams were short lived, but the good news is: I like him more than I like IDR or hatehabs. Therefore, I want you to change your name to "LSN4," which is the amount of Stanley Cup Championships I hope the Devils have after this season.

The Bruins fan, hatehabs- The defending champions couldn't make it out of the first round after they lost game 7 in overtime to the Washington Capitals. I was actually watching that game in a bar in Boston, and I didn't hesitate to throw my arms in the air when the B's were knocked out of the playoffs. Hatehabs, on the other hand, has only been to Boston once in his adult life. I know this because one time he PM'd me and asked me for suggestions on things to do in Boston when he took his family here on location.

Now lord knows habs and I have had our differences, but I don't think he's such a bad guy, just kind of a tool. As such, the punishment should fit the crime, so I think his name should be changed to "Bostonsux". He can change it back to hatehabsforever just in time for football season, because let's face it, the Red Sox aren't doing shit.

And finally...

The Rangers fan, It's Damn Real!- Not only is It's Damn Real! a Rangers fan, which automatically warrants the harshest of punishments, he was a total jackwagon about shutting me out of this little contest. Prior to that he was a self-proclaimed pillar of maturity in the bar room, refusing to answer simple questions about his meet up with Rayne as well as burying the NJexus crew as being immature.

So for IDR, I would like him to change his name to "Devils > Rangers Forever". If the ">" symbol isn't allowed, then you can go with "Devilsfan4life".

But there's a catch for you, IDR: You shut me out of this competition on the grounds that I didn't post in the NHL thread in the Sports Stadium. Well since you're so proud of your work with the NHL in the Sports Stadium, then why don't you make a thread about why the Devils are better than the Rangers and are more deserving of going to the Stanley Cup Finals? If you do that, you can keep your precious name.

And that's all for now folks. I anxiously await LSN, hatehabs, and IDR's replies.

Let's go Devils!

LMAO. Fuck your team.

You weren't in on the bet because it was set up privately between LSN, habs and myself — three guys who were alive in the NHL thread all year. You weren't the only one not invited, ergo you have no claim to demand any name changes.

You want one? Request it yourself.

LMAO. Fuck your team.

Fuck my Prince of Wales Trophy winning team*.

You weren't in on the bet because it was set up privately between LSN, habs and myself — three guys who were alive in the NHL thread all year. You weren't the only one not invited, ergo you have no claim to demand any name changes.

Yeah, you guys did a great job setting this up privately. I especially liked the part where hatehabs publicly asked you guys to join in on it.

You want one? Request it yourself.

Want one... what? Name change? I'm happy with my name. I don't have to change my name because my team won.

I'm not surprised you're being so stubborn. Rangers fans are famous for being sore losers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back