• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs and IDR

Big night tonight, boys! Thriller's Blues are out as they lost in the first round, but both the Rangers and Bruins are in for game seven's tonight.

Still Safe:
LSN - Penguins
IDR - Rangers
habs - Bruins
Lowdown - Kings
Stormtrooper - Rangers

Lost:
Thriller - Blues

james-van-der-beek-crying.gif

STILL SAFE:

LSN - Penguins
habs - Bruins
Lowdown - Kings

LOST:

Thriller - Blues
It's Damn Real! - Rangers
Stormtrooper - Rangers

So as I understand it, myself and LSN have made the Conference Finals and as such are safe from a name change. Lowdown's fate is still up in the air, pending the results of game six tomorrow night and possibly a game seven after this. Unfortunately, our other three participants will soon be known by a different (albeit PG rated) name :)

STILL SAFE:

LSN - Penguins
habs - Bruins
Lowdown - Kings

LOST:

Thriller - Blues
It's Damn Real! - Rangers
Stormtrooper - Rangers

So as I understand it, myself and LSN have made the Conference Finals and as such are safe from a name change. Lowdown's fate is still up in the air, pending the results of game six tomorrow night and possibly a game seven after this. Unfortunately, our other three participants will soon be known by a different (albeit PG rated) name :)
It's also supposed to be a hockey related name too, right?

So according to the stipulations of the bet, with the advancement of the Bruins, Penguins, and Kings to their respective Conference Finals, myself, LSN80, and Lowdown are safe from a name change. Thriller, IDR, and Stormtrooper are not so lucky and as such, will soon be known by a new, hockey related but PG rated name.

Here's what I propose to LSN and Lowdown. Regardless of what happens, our names are safe. However, the decision regarding the names of the other three guys should be in the hands of which ever one of us advances the farthest. Only one of us picks the new names for the unsuccessful guys. When If the Bruins eliminate the Pens and the Kings (if the Kings make it to the finals), I pick the new names for IDR, Thriller and Stormtrooper. If the unthinkable happens and one of the other two teams goes further, that person selects the new names.

Never mind collaboration or different guys picking names for different guys. All or none. One person picks the name for the three guys who didn't survive, pending the results of the next two rounds.

What do you say?

In, although Im still willing to put my name on the line in the "all or nothing" vein of thinking. ;)

Man, if I were as big of hockey fans as you guys I'd have been able to complete the Conference Finals, being born in Chicago and all. As it is, I'm just a casual Blackhawks fan. Though it is since moving its way upward, having lost all faith in the NBA.

Man, if I were as big of hockey fans as you guys I'd have been able to complete the Conference Finals, being born in Chicago and all. As it is, I'm just a casual Blackhawks fan. Though it is since moving its way upward, having lost all faith in the NBA.

NHL hockey is a better sport then NBA basketball, regardless of team. Hell, I'm from Pittsburgh, and I'd rather watch the Pirates play(although they're damn good this year) then I would NBA basketball.

If you're looking for the ultimate team sport played at a fast pace with plenty of excitement and athleticism, watch more hockey.

After the way I described it, why isn't everyone's favorite sport hockey? :p

NHL hockey is a better sport then NBA basketball, regardless of team. Hell, I'm from Pittsburgh, and I'd rather watch the Pirates play(although they're damn good this year) then I would NBA basketball.

If you're looking for the ultimate team sport played at a fast pace with plenty of excitement and athleticism, watch more hockey.

After the way I described it, why isn't everyone's favorite sport hockey? :p

It has nothing to do with my team. The Bulls are making the playoffs regularly lately, even without their star player. It's the fact that the NBA is a joke nowadays.

What bugs me about hockey is ever since the lockout, it's harder to find games on TV. They really hurt themselves back then.

Why is that? The NBA is terrible and the Pirates have the 3rd best record in baseball.
Because I can make a very fair assumption he did not mean just this year.

The Pirates have not had a winning season since 1991. As such that means he was enjoying a poor product.

Granted it's very easy to prefer baseball to basketball in Pittsburgh since Pittsburgh does not have an NBA team.

So, with the Stanley Cup Final set up with an epic Original Six encounter between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks, I guess our name change bet is done. Some of the choices may be a little lame but keeping things PG rated and hockey related, while trying to preserve something about the original name, was tough to do. Anyway, here goes!

It's Damn Real! becomes: I Dig Rask!

Stormtrooper becomes: Storm-Krug-er

Thriller becomes: Thrilled About Krejci

Technically speaking, LSN80 and Lowdown didn't lose the bet but I thought I'd throw out a name suggestion for them anyway.

LSN80 becomes: Lucic Seguin Neely 8

Lowdown becomes: Rask's Quicker

So, with the Stanley Cup Final set up with an epic Original Six encounter between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks, I guess our name change bet is done. Some of the choices may be a little lame but keeping things PG rated and hockey related, while trying to preserve something about the original name, was tough to do. Anyway, here goes!

Technically speaking, LSN80 and Lowdown didn't lose the bet but I thought I'd throw out a name suggestion for them anyway.

I'm gonna feel like a dummy for asking this, but what's Rask? Please forgive my ignorance :blush:.

I'm gonna feel like a dummy for asking this, but what's Rask? Please forgive my ignorance :blush:.

I'm still not convinced you're being serious here, but I'll answer anyway.

Tuukka Rask is the Bruins goalie, the guy who just shut down one of the league's most powerful offensive threats in four straight games. The guy who mysteriously wasn't even nominated for the Vezina trophy this season. The guy who I hope will be raising the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe award in a couple of weeks time (if he is able to sustain his stellar play for one more series).

And the name change, if you choose to make it, is a play on my goalie's and your goalie's names.

LSN and Lowdown didn't lose the bet, so they have input on the name changes as well.

I'm OK with "I Dig Rask!", but you three should work out the changes so you're all good with them. I'm a good sport and will be going with whatever you decide, but I don't wanna rob them of the fun part either.

LSN and Lowdown didn't lose the bet, so they have input on the name changes as well.

I'm OK with "I Dig Rask!", but you three should work out the changes so you're all good with them. I'm a good sport and will be going with whatever you decide, but I don't wanna rob them of the fun part either.

You must not have read through the entire thread. I conceded on a couple of occasions that LSN80 and Lowdown did not lose the bet and as such, have no obligation to change their usernames. I proposed their name changes just for fun, and after the showing of the Penguins and the Kings in the last round, they may elect to do so.

And in an earlier post in this thread, I proposed an "all or nothing" scenario for the three of us whereby whoever advanced the furthest would pick the name changes for all three of the unsuccessful guys. No collaboration, no input from all three, just one guy would do the selection. LSN responded and agreed and while I didn't hear from Lowdown, he didn't state any opposition either, but I guess if he wants some input I'm OK with that. Actually LSN proposed a situation whereby whoever lost between the Bruins and the Penguins would lose the bet too (true "all or nothing") and face a name change but unfortunately I didn't respond to his suggestion. So as I said, he has no obligation to change his name. But such bravado, followed by a sweep, that screams name change as far as I'm concerned :)

You must not have read through the entire thread. I conceded on a couple of occasions that LSN80 and Lowdown did not lose the bet and as such, have no obligation to change their usernames. I proposed their name changes just for fun, and after the showing of the Penguins and the Kings in the last round, they may elect to do so.

And in an earlier post in this thread, I proposed an "all or nothing" scenario for the three of us whereby whoever advanced the furthest would pick the name changes for all three of the unsuccessful guys. No collaboration, no input from all three, just one guy would do the selection. LSN responded and agreed and while I didn't hear from Lowdown, he didn't state any opposition either, but I guess if he wants some input I'm OK with that. Actually LSN proposed a situation whereby whoever lost between the Bruins and the Penguins would lose the bet too (true "all or nothing") and face a name change but unfortunately I didn't respond to his suggestion. So as I said, he has no obligation to change his name. But such bravado, followed by a sweep, that screams name change as far as I'm concerned :)

It wasn't bravado, I like an all-or-nothng scenario. And your Bruins wiped the floor with my Penguins, so I'm going to go ahead with the name change, as long as I can keep the 80 at the end.

You proposed all or nothing in terms of picking the names, I figured, why not go the whole way? One of us, Habs, myself or Lowdown, were going to win.

I'm good with the rest of the name changes as well. Disapointed, especially with how badly the Pens were outplayed, but it should be a hell of an final.

Fair enough. I Dig Rask! it is.

I'll be officially putting in the request tomorrow though. One last day with IDR for the next three months considering it's my birthday.

Of course you give me the most difficult name...

I guess I deserve it since Blues shit the bed.

Fair enough. I Dig Rask! it is.

I'll be officially putting in the request tomorrow though. One last day with IDR for the next three months considering it's my birthday.

Hey, I made a specific point of maintaining the IDR acronym, albeit with a different set of contributing words.

And BTW, have a happy birthday!

I'll put my name change in today. Then on August (whatever day the name change is official) I can put it back. Or change it all together.

And HHF did a wonderful job coming up with good, humorous PG names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back