• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs and IDR

Well, that was fast.

Good stuff on the names, habs, and good luck in the Finals. I loathe Chicago, so I will be a Bruin fan for the next few days.

Happy Birthday IDR, or whatever you'll be going by now. ;)

It took my 4 tries logging in, not thinking the name change would go through so fast.

Ha. I know. A bet's a bet though, and I honor my end. I'll certainly be going back to the original once my sentence is up. :)

I gotta say, that put a smile on my face this morning :)

Are name changes two or three months? Hope it's three, so the name change would still be in effect for the start of the season and the start of next season's WZHL fantasy pool.

Well, as for me, Ive been LSN80 for goodness knows how long. Had Habs lost it would have been his first name change ever I believe.

We should have bet on the sports debate league, Habs. ;)

Two months, per the terms of the bet.

Mine started later, unfortunately, so my two months is from today's day, so I can't change back until September 9th.

So I'll be back to It's Damn Real! for the start of the season and the WZHL fantasy league. Sorry.

I gotta say, that put a smile on my face this morning :)

I just thought it was about darn time, but that's not IDR's fault. And They only do name changes so often.

Are name changes two or three months? Hope it's three, so the name change would still be in effect for the start of the season and the start of next season's WZHL fantasy pool.

They're two months, I thought, although if we bet three months, Ill honor it.

If you had to change your name and could pick it, Habs, what would it be?
So I'll be back to It's Damn Real! for the start of the season and the WZHL fantasy league. Sorry.

If the name change goes through as fast as this one, you won't.;)

And I want in the WZHL next year if theres a spot to be had. I'm great at Fantasy Football(ask Jglass:)), but somehow have never done well in faatasy hockey. Ever. And Ive played for 6 years, highest I finished was 6th in any league.

If you had to change your name and could pick it, Habs, what would it be?

To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. I hadn't even considered the possibility of the Bruins not outlasting the rest of the teams involved in the name change bet :)

I guess if I had to pick, though, it would have been hate[something Bruins related]forever. Or loveshabsforever, something like that.

By the way, who's this "Seguin" in your name? Doesn't sound familiar to me ;)

If the name change goes through as fast as this one, you won't.;)

Funny thing is, I've been contemplating a name change myself. I was thinking about "It's Damn Real!" and I was thinking about requesting the change somewhere around September 8th.

And I want in the WZHL next year if theres a spot to be had. I'm great at Fantasy Football(ask Jglass:)), but somehow have never done well in faatasy hockey. Ever. And Ive played for 6 years, highest I finished was 6th in any league.

As I understand it, this will be offered first to the same ten guys who were involved last season. It would be great if you could get involved, but the ten guys last time were all pretty dedicated and interested, I'll be surprised to see either of them opt out. It was really successful last time because all guys, from first to last, stayed involved right till the end.

You'll have to talk to justinsane — he runs it every year.

Much as I'd like to involve you, I don't want to expand the league to more teams, because it drastically dilutes the free agency class to the point it's nearly worthless mid-year, but if someone's willing to step out to give you their spot that's something I could get behind.

Funny thing is, I've been contemplating a name change myself. I was thinking about "It's Damn Real!" and I was thinking about requesting the change somewhere around September 8th.

:lmao:

Would be quite confusing to be reading all the anti-TNA rhetoric coming from such a staunch, historically TNA-supportive handle. :D

As I understand it, this will be offered first to the same ten guys who were involved last season. It would be great if you could get involved, but the ten guys last time were all pretty dedicated and interested, I'll be surprised to see either of them opt out. It was really successful last time because all guys, from first to last, stayed involved right till the end.

Right, and expanding to even 12 teams seriously effects free agency to the point it's nearly worthless. You end up losing a starter, say Lucic, to injury, and the next best name available to you is someone like Benoit Pouliot.

As WZHL commissioner, I hereby make you the #1 alternative owner, should one of last years participants drop out, you'll be first to get an invite to take their spot.

Speaking of hockey talk, any of you boys think we need a generic spam thread in the GSD to chat hockey in when it doesn't fit the more loquacious Sports Arena version?

Lots of smaller signings and news stories tend to break, but not get discussed, since they're not as likely to generate "serious" debate.

habs, get that noggin' of yours working on a clever thread title.

Speaking of hockey talk, any of you boys think we need a generic spam thread in the GSD to chat hockey in when it doesn't fit the more loquacious Sports Arena version?

Lots of smaller signings and news stories tend to break, but not get discussed, since they're not as likely to generate "serious" debate.

habs, get that noggin' of yours working on a clever thread title.
How about The Sports Bar. I like that name.

I'm talking hockey centric, not a general sports bar. I don't watch other sports. Don't care to talk about them. :)

"The Canadian Sports Bar" would be more á propos. :lmao:

"The Puck Stops Here".

Yeah I know it's corny but hey, I'm on vacation and the combination of beer and sunshine has slightly dulled my senses.

Oh, and :lmao: to Thriller for the curling comment!

Does that mean we can talk about curling too?

I'd rather talk curling than what LeBron James' headband would look like on Tim Tebow. In fact, I'd rather talk about the intricacies of ice-making machines than talk about LeBron James or Tim Tebow in general.

"The Puck Stops Here".

Yeah I know it's corny but hey, I'm on vacation and the combination of beer and sunshine has slightly dulled my senses.

Oh, and :lmao: to Thriller for the curling comment!

I dig it. Not as much as Rask, but I dig it.

What about expanding on it? "The Puck Stops Here! Nothing But Hockey Talk", just so no one gets any wise ideas?

I dig it. Not as much as Rask, but I dig it.

What about expanding on it? "The Puck Stops Here! Nothing But Hockey Talk", just so no one gets any wise ideas?

Sure, expansion on the title is fine with me if you want. Although I thought "puck" was pretty self explanatory even for you non Canadians :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back