• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs and IDR

LSN80

King Of The Ring
We still have somewhat of a score to settle over last year's bet, where noone was a winner. To ensure that changes this year:

We do the same bet this year. That being, if one of our teams makes the Finals, that person gets to change the others names for two months.

However, with the advantage the Penguins seemingly have over the Bruins and the Rangers, if the Penguins don't make the Cup Finals, regardless of the end results for the other two teams, the two of you can conspire together to change my name for 2 months.

Have we a deal, gentleman?

I think this needs refinement still.

What happens if the Bruins and Rangers both make the Final and the Pens do not, or the Bruins make it but the Rangers and Pens do not, etc?

I think in terms of shoring this up, we need to keep it as safe as possible. Each of our teams must make the Final in order for us not to be eligible for a name change.

So, if the Pens and Bruins make it, habs is safe and I am not. If the Rangers make it bu the Pens and Bruins do not, neither of you is safe, etc.

Make sense?

I'd also say we need to just wait another day or so here before finalizing, because there's still a chance the Rangers may not even make it. They need two points in one of their next two games to clinch.

I think this needs refinement still.

What happens if the Bruins and Rangers both make the Final and the Pens do not, or the Bruins make it but the Rangers and Pens do not, etc?

I think in terms of shoring this up, we need to keep it as safe as possible. Each of our teams must make the Final in order for us not to be eligible for a name change.

So, if the Pens and Bruins make it, habs is safe and I am not. If the Rangers make it bu the Pens and Bruins do not, neither of you is safe, etc.

Make sense?

I'd also say we need to just wait another day or so here before finalizing, because there's still a chance the Rangers may not even make it. They need two points in one of their next two games to clinch.

It does, and I'll gladly agree to those terms.

Remember how you guys shut me out of this bet and drama ensued? I'm not here to revive that or anything, especially since we've done a pretty great job putting it behind us. I just wanted to point out that, had I been allowed to enter right now, all of you would have ridiculous names.

Also, I would have won last year, and I wouldn't even be able to play this year. Damn.

Remember how you guys shut me out of this bet and drama ensued? I'm not here to revive that or anything, especially since we've done a pretty great job putting it behind us. I just wanted to point out that, had I been allowed to enter right now, all of you would have ridiculous names.

Also, I would have won last year, and I wouldn't even be able to play this year. Damn.

"Careful, Chief. You dig up the past, all you get is dirty."

I was just getting ready to invite you in again this year, and then remembered the Devs are out.

"Careful, Chief. You dig up the past, all you get is dirty."

I was just getting ready to invite you in again this year, and then remembered the Devs are out.

The weird thing is, I'm not even that upset by it. Maybe it's because I was ready for this once Parise left. Maybe it's because I didn't have as much time to get emotionally invested in this team with the shortened season. Maybe it's because I've grown as a person and things like sports victories don't mean much to me anymore...

Nah. It's probably because they sucked so hard for the last half of the season that I was prepared for this inevitability.

I'm going into this fully prepared for a name change. Reason and logic tells me "don't take this bet, moron", but in the spirit of competition and chance, I'm throwing caution to the wind.

I'm going into this fully prepared for a name change. Reason and logic tells me "don't take this bet, moron", but in the spirit of competition and chance, I'm throwing caution to the wind.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not exactly holding my breath for an extended run by the Bruins or a repeat of 2011, but screw it, I'm in if you guys are on board. It should be fairly simple. If one of our three teams makes the Finals, the other two guys change their names.

Well I figure there's def. enough fans of other teams to get in on it, and it's a totally friendly bet. My big hang-up on this last season was that the winner not select crude, disgusting or over-the-top name changes.

So if you lose, for example, no one would make you change your name to "Puss Filled Anal Wart" or something gross like that. It'd be appropriate, and within reason. "Jay-Bo, the Anti-Playoffs" for example.

I feel the same way as IDR on that. I'll honor the bet if, by some chance, I'm unsuccessful, but I'm not changing my name to anything disgusting.

I'd like to somehow restrict the bet to guys who truly have a diehard love of their team too. LSN has the Penguins, IDR has the Rangers (if they get in), and of course I have the Bruins. I know Thriller is a big Blues guy, so that's great too. But I'm not a fan of guys just randomly picking a team to bandwagon with.

After all, we have to come up with some sort of stipulation to exclude JGlass again this year, don't we?

:)

I feel the same way as IDR on that. I'll honor the bet if, by some chance, I'm unsuccessful, but I'm not changing my name to anything disgusting.

I'd like to somehow restrict the bet to guys who truly have a diehard love of their team too. LSN has the Penguins, IDR has the Rangers (if they get in), and of course I have the Bruins. I know Thriller is a big Blues guy, so that's great too. But I'm not a fan of guys just randomly picking a team to bandwagon with.

After all, we have to come up with some sort of stipulation to exclude JGlass again this year, don't we?

:)

Right. Everyone has to pick their team, but not anyone can just pick a team. That's why I'm saying restrict it to the WZHL members.

Sucks, because I'd like to bring JGlass in this year, if for nothing else to make up for last season where we rejected him, but with the Devils out he'll have to wait another year.

I'm definitely key on the non-disgusting name changes being part of this though. Hell, we can even group-vote the change.

So let's say habs wins and we all lose, he can post all the name changes and then everyone would have to agree on them, or at the very least no one complains on the grounds of it being obscene for them to take effect — maybe?

Last season, for example, I'd have had habs change his to something like "Lundqvist is Better", or "Tim Thomas, Non-Winner", etc. Playful, in line with the theme of the playoffs, etc.

So let's say habs wins and we all lose, he can post all the name changes and then everyone would have to agree on them, or at the very least no one complains on the grounds of it being obscene for them to take effect — maybe?

I like that idea, especially since I can trust that none of us will be sore losers about it.

I agree. For me, that's the key here. This has to be done in good fun, not out of spite or juvenility. Get creative, not stupid.

I'm not changing my name to "Rangers Suck Dick!" because someone isn't clever enough to come up with an honest idea.

Right. Everyone has to pick their team, but not anyone can just pick a team. That's why I'm saying restrict it to the WZHL members.

But due to my hiatus, and subsequent absence from the league, that would restrict me from competing here. And I'm as diehard a Pens fan as IDR the Rangers, and Habs the Bruins, etc.

And it was my idea to do it again this year!

Sucks, because I'd like to bring JGlass in this year, if for nothing else to make up for last season where we rejected him, but with the Devils out he'll have to wait another year.

I say we let him in anyways. ;)

I'm definitely key on the non-disgusting name changes being part of this though. Hell, we can even group-vote the change.

I'm too "Christian" to change any of your names to something that's not PG anyways, or so Ive been told. :rolleyes: Would I be as rediculous about it as possible? Absolutely. But I wouldn't give someone a name that revolved around private parts or afterbirths.....

Habs will be "I heart Matt Cooke", for example. :)

But due to my hiatus, and subsequent absence from the league, that would restrict me from competing here. And I'm as diehard a Pens fan as IDR the Rangers, and Habs the Bruins, etc.

And it was my idea to do it again this year!

I didn't mean ONLY WZHL members. I meant you, plus WZHL members.

I say we let him in anyways. ;)

As a sole exception? I guess I'm OK with it, depending on who he picks as a surrogate team. If the Wild make it, them, because of Parise?

I'm too "Christian" to change any of your names to something that's not PG anyways, or so Ive been told. :rolleyes: Would I be as rediculous about it as possible? Absolutely. But I wouldn't give someone a name that revolved around private parts or afterbirths.....

Habs will be "I heart Matt Cooke", for example. :)

I think we're all on the same page there.

I think we've got a great set-up here. Let's wait this out a few more days until we have the playoff teams set. Rangers have to actually make it in order for me to participate, for example.

I didn't mean ONLY WZHL members. I meant you, plus WZHL members.

I know, I was being facetious. Reading it back, it sounds dead serious. My bad.

As a sole exception? I guess I'm OK with it, depending on who he picks as a surrogate team. If the Wild make it, them, because of Parise?

I meant let him in with the Devils, since he wanted to jump in last year after the Pens had already been eliminated. :)

I think we're all on the same page there.

I think we've got a great set-up here. Let's wait this out a few more days until we have the playoff teams set. Rangers have to actually make it in order for me to participate, for example.

Sounds good. I think they're close to being a lock, and Im hoping they get the 7 seed, actually. Not only would that mean a likely Bruins/Rangers first round matchup, but I don't want any part of them. Lunqvist could steal a series. I don't get that same feeling from Craig Anderson, as good as he's been all year.

The Rangers have two games they should win, while all three Senator games are prospective losses.

...and we're in. Game on, boys!

Everyone good with this for a breakdown, and if so, who is participating other than myself, habs and LSN?

The Rules:

Each participant in the bet is involved with their team. Myself the Rangers, LSN the Pens, tabs the Bruins, etc. Each participant's team must make the Conference Final of their respective Conference in order for that participant to be "safe" from a name change. You're not allowed a surrogate, you can't change teams, you can't be on multiple teams, etc.

Anyone who's team does not make the Conference Final loses the bet, and will be undergoing a name change once a winner is crowned.

Name changes must be G or PG-rated. The loser has the right to reject a change if he/she deems it obscene. For example, if habs loses and LSN wins, habs can object to the proposed name change if it's vile. "Bruins Suck Horse Cock" or something like that is just inappropriate, and frankly, not very clever. The idea is to have fun with this, so use your brain a bit if you do happen to win and control the fate(s) of another.

In the event of multiple winners, name changes would be decided amongst the winning group for however many losing participants there are.

--

Good to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back