Grand Theft Auto IV

Hey just letting X know b/c I never have been much of a gamer but I used to buy platforms everytime theyd come out (64/PS2/etc...) After X-Box came out I figured I was done w/ gaming consoles seeing as how they are so ridiculously over priced. About a month ago I played Call of Duty 4 online and do you think Im addicted? I went out right away and bought a 360 and it has been worth every dime I paid for it. PS3 is just so overpriced and 360 has such a variety of games too. Seriously X you should look into getting one they are such a good investment. And Microsoft wont turn you down if it breaks down on you. Theyll send you a brand new one my man...

Oh GTA 4? Who doesnt love these games... I enjoyed San Andreas and Vice City but GTA3 was easily my favorite minus its lack of area... Im so psyched for this game its going to be unreal... Oh the way its going to work for online is basically a team deathmatch throughout the city or a free-for-all in the city... Should be a great time but I definitley will be buying this game for its storyline version... Cant wait

Wait...is this going to be a PS3-Only release? Cause I'm pretty sure I will assault an elderely woman if that's the case.

Fuck the PS3. Why do we want this over the PS2 again? Sure it's more advanced; better graphics, more memory, etc. But it's like $600 fucking bucks for a system that, when you get down to it, will give you the exact same level of play that a PS2 will.

Maybe that's just my opinion.

As for GTA 4, I'm extremely excited. A gamer friend of mine was telling me about this new addition to the game where they used some sort of mathematical formula to ensure that all of the animations change and are different every time you kill a person. Sounds awesome. Thats what I truly love about the GTA 4 franchise, every game gets more and more interactive with the gamer. It truly is the best gaming franchise of all time, and when the 3rd was released, it was like a freakin' gaming revolution.

Wait...is this going to be a PS3-Only release? Cause I'm pretty sure I will assault an elderely woman if that's the case.

No, it's on the 360 as well. You needn't worry...unless you have neither. If you have online, both systems (PS360) will also have extra content that way. I don't, sadly.

Fuck the PS3. Why do we want this over the PS2 again? Sure it's more advanced; better graphics, more memory, etc. But it's like $600 fucking bucks for a system that, when you get down to it, will give you the exact same level of play that a PS2 will.

Completely true, but the entire appeal of the 360 and PS3 are, to me and many more, the graphics. The gameplay of games like Black, God of War, Resident Evil 4...they can't be bested. Equaled in prettier graphics, but not bested.

Maybe that's just my opinion.

It's very much a widely held opinion, but don't count out the PS3. This year will be make or break for it and the PSP. So far it's looking more like make. I'm still befuddled by people claiming it's currently the best when it just isn't.

As for GTA 4, I'm extremely excited. A gamer friend of mine was telling me about this new addition to the game where they used some sort of mathematical formula to ensure that all of the animations change and are different every time you kill a person. Sounds awesome. Thats what I truly love about the GTA 4 franchise, every game gets more and more interactive with the gamer. It truly is the best gaming franchise of all time, and when the 3rd was released, it was like a freakin' gaming revolution.

It's the euphoria engine that generates all those little random movements. You see what I mean when I talk about graphics on next gen? Well, it's really animation, but the same sort of area. There's lots of tiny improvements, lots of big improvements, lots of stuff being added by scratch. Game of the year? Definitely. Game of the forever? Perhaps...

I pre-ordered my copy for the 360 and with only 15 days until the release I am excited. At first I had thought about ordering the special edition but then I realized that it was not worth paying $90 just for some novelty items boxed with the game.

One thing that is bugging me is the lack of info for the soundtrack because that is one of the best parts of the GTA series.

Here is the only confirmed info on the soundtrack :)

http://www.gta4.net/music/

Gaming journalists have reported hearing the following tracks on the radio during demos of Grand Theft Auto IV. Rockstar stressed that all of the tracks in the demos were placeholders (until they were able to secure licenses for them) but a majority of them are expected to appear in the final version of the game:

*"Arm In Arm" - The Boggs
* "Because of You" - Ne-Yo
* "Bump N Grind" - R Kelly
* "Burn It All Down" - VHS or Beta
* "Cocaine" - Humble Pie
* "Downtown Swinger" - MOP
* "Get Up, Stand Up" - Bob Marley & The Wailers
* "Hollaback Girl" - Gwen Stefani
* "How About Some Hardcore" - MOP
* "KingRing" - Seryoga
* "One Vision" - Queen
* "Oxygene IV" - Jean Michel Jarre
* "Restless" - UNKLE (feat. Josh Homme)
* "Shit Is Real" - Fat Joe
* "The Go! Team" - Junior Kickstart
* "They Say Vision" - Res
* "Ven Bailalo" - Angel y Khris
* "Wake up and Live" - Bob Marley
* "You" - Raheem Devaughn

With all of the hit music out there this list better be just a little taste of what to expect because out of all of those artists the only ones I know are Bob Marley, Queen, R. Kelly, and Gwen Stefani.

And the "Cocaine" track is wrong because Eric Clapton sings that not Humble Pie. I even checked to see if Humble Pie ever covered the song and I could not find anything so it must be a typo.

On IGN the review for the 360 version is online. It's been rated a pretty average 10 out of 10.

How the fuck can a game get 10/10? There must be something wrong with it. There has to be.

I went out yesterday to buy the game. I'm a fool. Games are usually released on a Friday over here. But it's Tuesday for some reason. So I woke up, got all excited. Then was told to come bacjk in a few days. I can't wait for this game. It's the only reason I have a PS3.

How the fuck can a game get 10/10? There must be something wrong with it. There has to be.

For the same reason a movie can get 10/10. It's not perfect, but it's a ridiculously good game and pretty much flawless for what it is, unless you take off entire marks for silly things. According to IGN, it's also the best game since Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I get that was brilliant for them days, but it's pretty shit now. GTA will be much, much better. A poor comparison.

I went out yesterday to buy the game. I'm a fool. Games are usually released on a Friday over here. But it's Tuesday for some reason. So I woke up, got all excited. Then was told to come bacjk in a few days. I can't wait for this game. It's the only reason I have a PS3.

Ha, I pre-ordered mine on Amazon months ago. So I can expect it to roll in within the month hopefully. Beautiful.

I think this is probably going to top all cumulative rating sites such as Metacritic. The lowest rating it's achieved so far is 9.5.

My friend who recently moved to California E-mailed me claiming that he has it already. He said that anything that was complained about in the other GTA games is fixed. He playing the story right now where as in the other ones he would have just walked around for a few hours doing whatever. If thats not enough, the reviews are saying its one of the best games ever. There is no reason not to pick this up, unless you are too young to play (sorry kids).

I also preordered from the GameStop across the street from my work. The guy said they are coming in today but there is no way he will let me have it early.

I didn't pre-order it (unfortunately), so I'm waiting for a week or so to make sure there are copies for me to get my hands on. I can't wait to get a hold of this game. It looks like it's going to be amazing. I'm practically shaking in anticipation to play it. Anyone that has gotten a hold of a copy, please share with everyone how completely badass it is.

I didn't pre-order it (unfortunately), so I'm waiting for a week or so to make sure there are copies for me to get my hands on. I can't wait to get a hold of this game. It looks like it's going to be amazing. I'm practically shaking in anticipation to play it. Anyone that has gotten a hold of a copy, please share with everyone how completely badass it is.

Dude, your from Minneapolis. You'll be able to get GTA4 on release day. I'm letting you in on my secrect that has gotten me previous GTA'a and Madden without pre-ordering. Its called, go to Target. No joke, they don't do pre-orders and for some reason while people line up at Best Buy, Target is empty. I worked their when I was 17 and when GTASA came out, we didn't even sell out on day one.

I'm serious, get to Target tuesday morning and you'll get a copy. The Target in Blaine, MN is where I got my xbox 360. People waited in line at best buy for 4 days, I waited for four hours.

Sweet man. I might end up going to the Target in Fridley, or I might check out the one in Blaine that you were talking about. Either way, if I can get it ASAP I'll be pretty damn happy. The games looks sweet as hell, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Ok, I know I said that Target doesn't do pre-orders (because they haven't) but they decided to do it for this game. I have a lot of friends who still work for the company and they said there are plenty or preorder copies left. You may just want to go preorder today to ensure yourself a copy.

I order mine from Gamestop and its going to be a day late. LAME!

GameCrazy > Gamestop

GameCrazy i don't think is as big as Gamestop, but they usually get their games a day early, they're having a midnight release over here, but they have so many pre-orders its insane. 360 alone has 136. The gamestop over here though i think might get it on time, or maybe have to wait a day as well.

Gamestop is usually good. Madden always has a midnight release or they get it to you early. For some reason they are dropping the ball on GTA though. They only have select midnight releases and not a lot of copies. Plus, one of my friends who worked their said that if you don't pick it up day one they will sell your copy. THATS BULLSHIT! I already paid for it, you can't sell it twice.

Gamestop is usually good. Madden always has a midnight release or they get it to you early. For some reason they are dropping the ball on GTA though. They only have select midnight releases and not a lot of copies. Plus, one of my friends who worked their said that if you don't pick it up day one they will sell your copy. THATS BULLSHIT! I already paid for it, you can't sell it twice.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gtaiv/gta4midnight.pdf

It says both Blaine stores are opening up at midnight.

They won't sell it twice. You'll still have your credit you'd just have to wait for the next shipment to come in if that's the case to get your copy.

I'm getting my copy early courtesy of my friend who works at a local gaming store. I'm so pumped for this, the reviews have been so good and I can't wait to see for myself. I'm just also really psyched that it's based on NYC where I live!

I made the journey to Tesco at midnight last night. Is it wrong that I took my daughter out at that time to get a game? Probably, but we'll be sharing it. Anyway. I went home and played a little before Raw. I haven't really done much so far. Just had a stroll around. It's good. In the same way the others are. I haven't done anything on it yet, I just had a walk around. So nothing stands out. I'm waiting for another geek to load all the cheats onto IGN so I can get unlimited ammo and that shit. I hate doing games the hard way.

Thanks to ROHDude I got my copy already. The only problem is I work 12 hours today and am sitting hear dying to play. I drove out to Blaine where the still had copies and bought one. Until he posted that they had some it never accured to me that I could just return the one that is coming in late. Some times the best solution is the easiest one.

My friend keeps sending me text messages of how awesome it is. He actually took the week off two months in advance so he could play it for days straight. His living room setup is video game heaven.

I never get the appeal of playing a game for some "hardcore" amount of time - it's actually kind of sad. But yeah, the game is pretty sweet. Mine came in from Amazon this morning. The car handling takes some getting used to and I still find losing the cops a bit of a chore at times, but I'll get more used to it. One complaint is that objects sometimes seem to just come out of nowhere while driving at night. Still, there are lots of nice little touches. The TV is a big surprise; I watched an entire episode of "Republican Space Rangers". It's just one continuous joke, but hey, I didn't expect another Curb Your Enthusiasm.

At the beginning of the day I enjoyed nothing more than getting run over by trains. As the day has progressed my new favorite hobby is getting hit by trains, whilst in a car. It's awesome.

The handling is tricky, and it takes ages to beat people to death. Or maybe it's more realistic. I don't know. But it's a cool game. I'm yet to start the missions though.

I never get the appeal of playing a game for some "hardcore" amount of time - it's actually kind of sad. But yeah, the game is pretty sweet. Mine came in from Amazon this morning. The car handling takes some getting used to and I still find losing the cops a bit of a chore at times, but I'll get more used to it. One complaint is that objects sometimes seem to just come out of nowhere while driving at night. Still, there are lots of nice little touches. The TV is a big surprise; I watched an entire episode of "Republican Space Rangers". It's just one continuous joke, but hey, I didn't expect another Curb Your Enthusiasm.

For me its not the appeal, its just that I CAN'T do it. The longest I've ever played a game is Uncharted for two hours. My two best friends from high school call me a pussy because they can play games from 9pm to 9am while I go to sleep around 1. Its my attention span I think, because I can't even play a great game like Gears of War for more than two hours. I will go home tonight excited and tell myself I'll be up all night playing GTA. Then I'll cash in about an hour later.

I hear the story is actually very good and will suck you in like no other. Which is awesome, because Uncharted did that and that was some of the best moments I've had playing video games. Plus, when has the GTA story ever been good? I never even beat San Andreas cause i flat out didn't give a shit what was going to happen.

Oh, that's weird. I haven't actually encountered any trains yet, and I've done a few missions. I'm just wondering when I'm going to unlock this phone that plays music that all the reviewers talked about. Another cool thing is if you get a call in the car, there's radio interference. I've already got a favourite radio station. Electro rocks. And Russian gangster rap.

For me its not the appeal, its just that I CAN'T do it. The longest I've ever played a game is Uncharted for two hours. My two best friends from high school call me a pussy because they can play games from 9pm to 9am while I go to sleep around 1.

I don't play single player games with my friends often. I've completed a few co-op games in one sitting though. We cried at the end of Gears of War. Because of the flashing and the touching ending.

Its my attention span I think, because I can't even play a great game like Gears of War for more than two hours. I will go home tonight excited and tell myself I'll be up all night playing GTA. Then I'll cash in about an hour later.

You'll turn it off and go back to it about a half hour later. What I've been doing is just that. It's just got a pull.

I hear the story is actually very good and will suck you in like no other. Which is awesome, because Uncharted did that and that was some of the best moments I've had playing video games. Plus, when has the GTA story ever been good? I never even beat San Andreas cause i flat out didn't give a shit what was going to happen.

I'm fairly interested so far, but I wouldn't say I'm pulled in. Nico shits on all the other leading men though. In fact, the supporting cast is already much better than any other GTA. Oh, and I beat, what is it, Michelle? Yeah, I beat her at bowling. Take that, bitch. Oh, and it turns out she can't climb over a low - and I mean low - fence. She goes all the way around. Was waiting in the car for fucking ages.

I don't play single player games with my friends often. I've completed a few co-op games in one sitting though. We cried at the end of Gears of War. Because of the flashing and the touching ending.

You'll turn it off and go back to it about a half hour later. What I've been doing is just that. It's just got a pull.

I'm fairly interested so far, but I wouldn't say I'm pulled in. Nico shits on all the other leading men though. In fact, the supporting cast is already much better than any other GTA. Oh, and I beat, what is it, Michelle? Yeah, I beat her at bowling. Take that, bitch. Oh, and it turns out she can't climb over a low - and I mean low - fence. She goes all the way around. Was waiting in the car for fucking ages.

My friends who rather bring my TV from the basement upstairs, set it in the living room, and play their own single player than play me in multiplayer. I'm not kidding even in Madden. They play franchise mode other than me. The only game they play me in is Street Fighter II and III.

Saying Nico shits on all the other leads is not a bold statement by any means though. The best GTA character was the guy from III and he didn't even talk. Carl was a joke, I couldn't stand playing that game. Seriously, if I wanted to see and hear people talk and act that way, I'd walk outside my house.

I actually wouldn't mind getting pulled into this game tonight, because its going to be my only open time to play for a while.

The handling is tricky, and it takes ages to beat people to death. Or maybe it's more realistic. I don't know. But it's a cool game. I'm yet to start the missions though.

I won't be capable of buying this game until about the mid of May, however typically when I buy games like this I do it for the overall complete setting.

I'll only play through missions when I've completely gotten bored with running around the huge ass town, killing, stealing, and trying to find hookers. I've seen some of the graphics and they look pretty solid. I'm hoping it has more of a modern day feel. Looks like the setting is in Brooklyn, NY.

Ok, I know I said that Target doesn't do pre-orders (because they haven't) but they decided to do it for this game. I have a lot of friends who still work for the company and they said there are plenty or preorder copies left. You may just want to go preorder today to ensure yourself a copy.

I order mine from Gamestop and its going to be a day late. LAME!
I love how people worked so hard and waited so long to get this game, and I just casually strolled into Target at 2:30 this afternoon and bought. Had my choice of copies...plenty to go around.

I've only played it for a few minutes, but it looks pretty decent. More on this later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back