• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Got to call you out Nate

I don't see how this was any worse than most things that happen on here aside from something unfortunate none of us could have possibly known about.

If Seth actually has mental issues (certainly plausible) then Sly just did the same thing in this thread.

For the record, I don't have mental issues.

I didn't think it was that bad. How the hell was he to know she has leukaemia? There is worse things said around here on a daily basis than that comment.

Not outside the bar room though. It was posted in the restling spam zone and was a good idea for a thread. It was bad form, even if I'm 90% sure the OP is making up the lukemia shit there was just no need for it.

What I was commenting upon was the general attitude towards women displayed by a section of this community; where upon whenever one under the age of 65 is displayed, under any circumstances, half a dozen people will either show up saying they want to "bone the shit out of that" in order to prove to everybody how heterosexual they are, or if the general consensus is that "boning the shit" out of aforementioned women is an unappealing prospect then said emphatic heterosexuals will instead content themselves by making unpleasant comments about her appearance.

That is not entirely true. Some of us will happily judge women over 65 too.

So accusing someone of lying about cancer in the bar room is perfectly fine but pointing out the ambiguous sexuality of someone in a picture outside the bar room is heinous?

Yeah, this wasn't a big deal. If he had known she was legitimately sick, I could see the uproar. But, he didn't. We have some sick fucks around here who would probably take that kind of shot, but Nate isn't one of them.

So accusing someone of lying about cancer in the bar room is perfectly fine but pointing out the ambiguous sexuality of someone in a picture outside the bar room is heinous?

Yes.

It's quite a common thing:
PersonA: Eugh that person looks weird
PersonB: Well they have lukemia/cancer/aids/dead

To make person A feel worse.

I'm not entirely sure I did single you out... no... wait, I am sure. I quite emphatically didn't. You'd think the phrase 'just another page' would convey that easily enough.

What I was commenting upon was the general attitude towards women displayed by a section of this community; where upon whenever one under the age of 65 is displayed, under any circumstances, half a dozen people will either show up saying they want to "bone the shit out of that" in order to prove to everybody how heterosexual they are, or if the general consensus is that "boning the shit" out of aforementioned women is an unappealing prospect then said emphatic heterosexuals will instead content themselves by making unpleasant comments about her appearance.

Like I said; it reminds me of boys in elementary school.

I misinterpreted. My apologies.

Not outside the bar room though. It was posted in the restling spam zone and was a good idea for a thread. It was bad form, even if I'm 90% sure the OP is making up the lukemia shit there was just no need for it.

That's really the only reason I'm not fighting about it. I could have easily been infracted over it.

I apologized to the kid in a rep, so I'm done with this shit now. My bad people.

I hate to use a member here as an example, but since he puts his life out there, I assume he wouldn't mind.

Let's say IC's wife (God forbid) got sick and IC kept it under wraps. Then one day he post a picture of he and his wife, and someone makes a rude comment about her looks deteriorating... whoever made that comment would get fucking bombarded from everyone on this forum if IC then let everyone know she was sick.

How is this any different from that? Because we don't know the kid like we do IC? That's bullshit.

The fact is that comment shouldn't have been made in the first place because of what I said in the OP. That shit isn't funny and won't earn you cool points on the internet; it just makes you look like a jackass to attack a young girl in a picture a kid was willing to share with everyone.

And Nate, I don't get why the hell you're apologizing to all of us, but refuse to quickly shoot the kid a PM and apologize to him. That makes zero fucking sense.

And Nate, I don't get why the hell you're apologizing to all of us, but refuse to quickly shoot the kid a PM and apologize to him. That makes zero fucking sense.

Did you read the whole thread or just skim through? Because I clearly stated that I apologized to him in a rep.

Did you read the whole thread or just skim through? Because I clearly stated that I apologized to him in a rep.

Yeah, my bad. I just read your first post and then skimmed the rest of the thread with already in my mind what I wanted to say.

Props though for swallowing your pride and apologizing.

I know I'm in on this late, but it wasn't as terrible, I mean, Nate had no clue in the world, so he said what he said, without a realisation.

But it was low, even he admitted that.

That means fuck all. She wasn't bald sitting in a wheelchair, I had no idea that she had Leukemia. I'm not apologizing for that because I had no way of knowing she was sick. I just made an ugly joke.

I honestly don't think it was a big a deal as people are making it out to be, but I'm not going to fight with you guys. My bad if it rubbed you the wrong way. So sorry fellas.

Let the haters hate, Nate. People have done far worse than you in the various post a picture threads we've had. If this scenario were featured in a sitcom I'd laugh my fucking ass off.

We can make fun of Milenko's grandfather dying, and HERP DERP IT'S IN THE CAGE HE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED IT.

Make fun of someone you didn't know was sick about something that has nothing to do with her illness? STAND THE FUCK BACK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back