This kid got alot of growing up to do

I can't flip an omelet to save my life.

They usually end up scrambled

Do you season the grill/frying pan prior to cooking an omelet? Before turning on the heat; coat your cooking surface with a layer of Pam (or any kind of cooking oil really), let it sit for a few minutes and then lightly wipe with a paper towel. You want some of the oil to remain in the microscopic grooves of the cooking surface.

We feed our dogs Chinese baby, egg & cheese sandwiches. I feel it is retribution for all the ancestors that have been mixed with noodles over the years by some unscrupulous cooks in the East.

Plus, there is a surplus on Chinese babies, so you can get a shitload for cheap at Costco.

My sister makes the best omelette on this planet. I force (I would say ask but I'm the adult and when I'm nice, she says no) her to make me one about once a week. It's amazing. She puts shredded cheese in and on it. Along with green onions, bacon bits, tomato dices, and if I'm lucky, she'll fry up a spicy sausage link, dice that up, and mix that in.

It's heaven.

My sister makes the best omelette on this planet. I force (I would say ask but I'm the adult and when I'm nice, she says no) her to make me one about once a week. It's amazing. She puts shredded cheese in and on it. Along with green onions, bacon bits, tomato dices, and if I'm lucky, she'll fry up a spicy sausage link, dice that up, and mix that in.

It's heaven.

I eat omelet because I'm old and karma is kicking my ass for abusing my metabolism as a younger guy, so I always have to limit the ingredients to healthy items. I usually go with diced tomato, green pepper, onions and a little bit of ham. No cheese because that walls up my system.

Nice. But your commercial stands in the shadow of this giant...

[YOUTUBE]SuY9kNsGaPk[/YOUTUBE]

Do you season the grill/frying pan prior to cooking an omelet? Before turning on the heat; coat your cooking surface with a layer of Pam (or any kind of cooking oil really), let it sit for a few minutes and then lightly wipe with a paper towel. You want some of the oil to remain in the microscopic grooves of the cooking surface.
I usually put some oil in the pan but that's it. I'll have to give this a try.

Sorry I didn't see this until now btw

Everybody has their ways of doing things. We're big fans of just using butter to make our omelettes. Not only do you get the fat but you get the flavor too.

I'm gonna pay for that in a few years.

Everybody has their ways of doing things. We're big fans of just using butter to make our omelettes. Not only do you get the fat but you get the flavor too.

I'm gonna pay for that in a few years.

I use butter when I make eggy bread. The slices come out of the pan so thick. Few slices of bacon in between and it's the best thing g.

I have OCD when I'm making omelet (among many other occasions), they always have to be perfect rectangles before I'll consume them. To avoid the madness, I just settle for a bowl of cereal every evening. I'm an adult, I can eat breakfast at night!

How does a bowl of cereal not trigger your breakfast food OCD? Its all just thrown around wherever the hell it wants in the bowl with no symmetry of any sort. That one Cheerio floating slightly higher in the milk than that other Cheerio, as if it's saying "fuuuuuuck yoooooooou". I'll stick to toast thanks.

Although toast is difficult to, because the bread is never evenly toasted and there's sometimes holes in the bread in random spots and its next to impossible to ensure that the bread is completely covered with the exact same amount of butter throughout.

How does a bowl of cereal not trigger your breakfast food OCD? Its all just thrown around wherever the hell it wants in the bowl with no symmetry of any sort. That one Cheerio floating slightly higher in the milk than that other Cheerio, as if it's saying "fuuuuuuck yoooooooou". I'll stick to toast thanks.

Although toast is difficult to, because the bread is never evenly toasted and there's sometimes holes in the bread in random spots and its next to impossible to ensure that the bread is completely covered with the exact same amount of butter throughout.

My new favorite poster.

This made me laugh.

I consider myself a solid cook, but for the life of me I can't make a good omelette. It's like bane of my existence in the kitchen.

I find this ironic considering your name is one of the best things in which to stuff an omelette.

It's heaven.

I had no idea you two were so close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back