• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good for Punk like Austin standing up towards the MACHINE

Austin: champion leader of da attitude era. Top 5 feud n wrestling history arguably twice(Austin/Hart Austin/McMahon). Great matches. Broke his neck n da ring. Came back and continued wrestling w/bad neck and knees. Headlined wm many times or stole show. Still a draw after he retired and had a segment or 2 w/punk. When he walked out he was no longer an n ring competitor. And da match he walked out on??? Austin vs Jonathan Coachman. Yea im waiting 4 that match on pins and needles:banghead:
Punk: just got a yr plus run as champion. Decent feud w/heyman that included Brock and Curtis Axel(underrated btw) beat 3 men who r part of wrestling future singlehandely. Was on collision course 4 heavyweight title at wm. Or at least a big match. Hell he and Daniel Bryan coulda been coleaders of yes movement and both coulda been n mania main event. But he left when he May have got his moment or been part of a mania moment. Remember Punk has won mitb twice at mania and created his own moments(him on ropes w/briefcase as we da ppl cheered). If this ain't a work then Punk took his ball and went home. Nothing wrong w/that but lets not make punk leaving like he a martyr. Punk/batista coulda been a great feud 4 mania. Punk w/Bryan n da Yes Movement! woulda been must c tv. Punk was somewhat shortsighted and he maybe missing out on his wm moment

Austin: champion leader of da attitude era. Top 5 feud n wrestling history arguably twice(Austin/Hart Austin/McMahon). Great matches. Broke his neck n da ring. Came back and continued wrestling w/bad neck and knees. Headlined wm many times or stole show. Still a draw after he retired and had a segment or 2 w/punk. When he walked out he was no longer an n ring competitor. And da match he walked out on??? Austin vs Jonathan Coachman. Yea im waiting 4 that match on pins and needles:banghead:

First of all, Austin vs Hart is absolutely not in the top 5 feuds in wrestling history. Not even close. Might want to replace it with Austin-Rocky.

Secondly, when Austin walked out HE WAS AN IN RING COMPETITOR!!

He walked out on WWE in 2002 after he was told he was going to lose to Brock Lesnar.

There were rumours of Austin coming back and working a storyline with Coach in 2005 but he didn't accept. But this has nothing to do with his walkout which was in 02.

Austin/Rock great feud but Austin/Hart was better more intense imo. And Austin walked out on da Coachman match. Remember he was replaced w/Batista(which helped him get over more imo) and big Dave faced vader/golddust/and coach

Austin/Rock great feud but Austin/Hart was better more intense imo. And Austin walked out on da Coachman match. Remember he was replaced w/Batista(which helped him get over more imo) and big Dave faced vader/golddust/and coach

The Rock vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is arguably the greatest rivalry in wrestling history.

This rivalry had it all: star power, epic promos, memorable moments, epic matches...

Bret/Austin was great and maybe Austin had better in ring chemistry with Bret than Rock but Rock/Austin was a true rivalry for the number one spot of the company.

And people are talking about Austin's walkout in 2002 when he was supposed to lose to Lesnar.

You don't even know why he left yet you praise him like a hero...? For all you know he threw a bitch fit over something so stupid. Maybe he cried & pouted like an infant? Yet you praise him like he stood up for the guys. Like he made a stand for change.

Cause what's funny is (let's say Sheamus) walked out and pulled the same stunt, Punk would have aid screw him & most likely moved on. Yet some Punk fans refuse to do the same. They refuse to let go. I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love Punk. But that doesn't mean I have to kiss his ass.

Big difference between Austin's walkout and Punk's

Austin supposedly walked out because he felt stretched too thin/burned out.

Punk didn't like the booking decisions regarding Rumble/Mania....

Both were acting like spoiled brats...Punk took it to a whole new level.

A lot of WWE fans are embarrassing themselves the way they're turning on CM Punk. He said in his "shoot" that most WWE fans are sheep that will pour money into the company no matter what. He's being proven right. It's pretty pathetic.

Punk is winning in the end because he no longer needs their money. He can just give them the finger and quit. If more wrestlers, or even the fans had the option of giving the WWE the finger instead of having to bend over and take what WWE gives, their product would be a hell of a lot more entertaining.

The fans do have the option to give the WWE the finger instead of "having to bend over and take what WWE gives." I am a true believer in the opinion that money talks just as loud as a sold out Madison Square Garden for a WWE event. The ones that sell very well are going to get pushed further than other wrestlers Same goes with ratings. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe the Raw where Batista came back to the show was one of the highest rated shows in 2014. I think that speaks volumes to the higher ups and thus, Batista wins the Rumble and is main eventing WM 30. So, if enough fans truly wanted to give a certain superstar or the WWE as whole the finger, do it with your money and change the channel.

A lot of WWE fans are embarrassing themselves the way they're turning on CM Punk. He said in his "shoot" that most WWE fans are sheep that will pour money into the company no matter what. He's being proven right. It's pretty pathetic.

Or maybe it's the desired outcome of WWE and CM Punk. Who have the people flocked to? Punk is no longer the main rebellious guy. The people have chosen someone else.

If we are talking real world, some people have started to turn their backs on Punk since the fall of 2013 when you can see his lack of interest in anything he was doing.

Punk is winning in the end because he no longer needs their money. He can just give them the finger and quit. If more wrestlers, or even the fans had the option of giving the WWE the finger instead of having to bend over and take what WWE gives, their product would be a hell of a lot more entertaining.

The company is making serious cheddar and it's still entertaining without fans going into "hijack" mode. If this is all real, then Punk is not winning because now he can see that you are just a cog in a machine. He is a big piece, but other guys have stepped up and can now take his place.

Big difference between Austin's walkout and Punk's

Austin supposedly walked out because he felt stretched too thin/burned out.

Punk didn't like the booking decisions regarding Rumble/Mania....

Both were acting like spoiled brats...Punk took it to a whole new level.

Austin was pissed the way he was booked. He hated his spot at WMX8 and didn't like having to job to Brock Lesnar on free TV.

Punk has been dealing with nagging injuries for the whole year.

Both Punk and Austin were both burnt out, hurt, and didn't like the booking.

I personally do not think Punk is standing up against the WWE machine. I honestly just think was burnt out and just decided to walk away due to frustration. I don't think he was making a statement, he just wasn't happy and could walk away whenever he wanted.

I am dissapointed he waked but at the same time considering the travel schedule, nagging injuries, and the fact he wasn't happy going to work I can understand why he would walk out. If I was in his shoes and was financially secure, I would have considered doing the same thing.

I dont get all this hate against CM Punk for walking out. It takes a lot of balls to walk out on that kind of money. I applaud him for that. If I was as good as my job as CM Punk is, and yet I am being treated like crap, I'd leave too. Anyone would Any of you would. Same thing happened with Punk.

I dont get all this hate against CM Punk for walking out. It takes a lot of balls to walk out on that kind of money. I applaud him for that. If I was as good as my job as CM Punk is, and yet I am being treated like crap, I'd leave too. Anyone would Any of you would. Same thing happened with Punk.

How exactly was he being treated like crap though? He was obviously the number two guy in the company. What I don't get is this stupidity of folks thinking he's standing up to the company by walking out. And I don't want to hear that burnout or nagging injuries excuse. You think he starts talking about being burned out if they had him slated to work the main event at Wrestlemania? Honestly,if I'm the WWE I stop trying to fix the situation with Punk. They ought to just release him and move on from him. Like somebody said in an earlier post, he's just a cog in the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back