• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good Benoit Read from the Ottawa Sun

Would you forgive somebody if they killed your family? Even if they were crazy? Not many people would. I don't really have an opinion on Benoit. In fact I couldn't care less. He was a guy who used to be on a show I watch. Same with a lot of people who are on the news. And I don't give them much thought either.

It's hard to say, because I'm not in that situation. I think with my background in Archaeology and having to deal with being objective in all things. I would like to think that if two neurologist came up to me and said, hey this guy had zero control over his actions I would try and understand. And with the Benoit situation, if he was that fucked up, he shouldn't be allowed to live outside of a mental assylum if he lived. Benoit doesn't get a free pass, don't get me wrong. There was something wrong with him, and with that type of brain damage, his life was essentially over anyway.

If Benoit's brain was that bad would he be able to function as a wrestler? I don't doubt he had serious mental problems. That's obvious. But the whole brain of an 80 year old alzheimers patient is just an example. He didn't actually have the disease.

Let's face it none of us were in that house when Beniot killed his wife and child and none of us know for sure what made him do it. I don't care why he did or how he did it, the fact remains he killed a woman and a defenceless child. Even if he had a brain disorder this according to the timeline suggested by police happened over a 2 day period, and he also text messaged the WWE to let them know that where the dogs where and there was trouble. The WWE are the ones who called the police so the text messages must have told them something was wrong. Beniot was a great wrestler and that can never be taken away from him, but in the end he condemmed himself by committed suicide.

It was hard to believe it as first that Benoit was able to do this to his family, And I can hardly accept it. Like some I hope that something else had happened, and it wasn't Benoit who took those who he loved most from this world. I think that due to a fact it could have been a Mental Illness is crutching me, But it may be hard to prove it, due to Benoits ability to maintain a life that most people with Dementia couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back