General WrestleMania XXIV Discussion

Put Mr. Kennedy in the Undertaker vs. Edge match i think it would be a great match.

Well since the rumors are starting for WM24 i think i will put my card together for the event.

World Title
Edge vs Undertaker - Taker gets a chance regain his world title and puts the streak on the line.

WWE Title
John Cena vs HHH (RR winner) - I really dont want to see this match again at WM but HHH has power and Cena is Vinces adopted son

HBK vs Randy Orton- HBK is supose to make his return around Suvivior Series but i think they should hold off on this match until the big stage of WM for what could be a classic match

MIB (8 Man Ladder Match)
CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, MVP, Burke, Beniot, Hardy's, Booker T as the 8 participants but Im still not sold on these as the final 8 also would consider Nitro, Carlito, Masters

Y2J vs Mr. Kennedy- These two would be in the title hunt if wasnt for the powers to be, but lets watch these two perform the show stealer of the night

ECW Title
Lashley vs Marcus Cor Von- We all know this will eventually happen and anytime sooner then WM to me is a waste ad MCV should become the next ECW champion.

Just to be on the Card Match
Batista vs Umaga- As much as would love to leave these two off the card its highly unlikely that they would be, so put in a match together so everyone can go get some food and bathroom break.

Legends Match
Ric Flair vs Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat Now this is the match i would love see Flair end his career with and it was rumored that Steamboat wanted to wrestle Flair one last time.

Truthfully i think all 3 matches are going to happen.

The Main Event - last match of the evening :
WWE Championship : John Cena vs. Triple H
-Cena is the top dog so he is gonna be in the final match at the biggest show and HHH has power to get it done also.

Also:
WHC : Undertaker vs. Edge
-i think this could be a match for the WHC or if Edge were to lose it then i think they could still fight in a Streak vs. Streak match that to me actually sounds better than a WHC match.

HBK vs. Orton
-This can be one of those classic matches and if it does happen i put my money on it winning match of the year.

The Undertaker won the Rumble 07 and to me got screwed out of being in the actual title main event spot (last match of mania). The same thing happened to Rey Mysterio the year before, don't wanna forget that.

If Triple H (my choice to win Rumble 08) does go after Cena for the Title, stick this match in the middle since Cena had the main event spot twice in a row & HHH getting his 4th straight main event spot (not including this past one but could've been if not injured).

I think they really need to return the favor on this one. Think about sure Taker 15-0 going for 2nd staright title win at Mania but still, Edge has never main evented Wrestlemania & I think now is the time. Picture this main event match being EXTREME HARDCORE For The World Title. How's about that ??

First my card, then my explanations:
WM 24, Orange Bowl, Orlando Florida, PPV $60 (fuck them!!)

-US title: Cm punk vs MVP (c)
-non title: Melina vs Victoria (or some Diva HOT contest...)
-midget match: Hornswoogle vs some famous holywood midget, i dont know...
music break: some rapper or regaeeton artist, who knows...
-MITB TLC match(8 man): Elijah burke vs Santino Mozzarella vs Johnny Nitro vs Kenny Dykstra vs Shelton Benjamin(last chance, man...) vs Kevin Thorn vs Jeff Hardy vs Carlito (this is the show stealer, for me...)
-i quit match: Ric Flair vs Randy Orton
-WHC match, Winner takes all(title, streak): Edge(c) vs Undertaker
music break, performance by a Rock band, something big, maybe Metallica(they might be on tour by then, so could happen...)
-submission match: Chris jericho vs Mr Kennedy (another showstealer)
-due the lack of a roof, tey cant have a HIAC, so...make it an average one: Batista vs Bobby Lashley
-ECW belt match: Monty Cor Von (c) vs Booker T
-WWE title match: John Cena(c) vs HHH(rumble winner) with a special Ref: The showstopa', The HBK SHAWN MICHAELS.

i dont see any big action in the first three matches (womens winner: Melina)(except maybe for CM punk vs MVP,winner: Cm punk) and the midget match would be HILARIOUS!! i dont know, make Hornswoogle more popular than Cena Damn it!!)winner: hornswoogle
The MITB should be a TLC match, and with all the new blood, they guaran-damn-tee a show stealer. BTW, this could be the last chance for Shelton to get to the main event scene IMO... winner: Elijah Burke.
i quit match: the perfect goodbye for Flair, he cant loose, besides he will probably be inducted to te HoF. winner: WOOOOOOOOOO! Flair
the WHC match should be a good match, but i wouldnt be surprised if i dont see taker win the title, but keeping the streak though.Winner by DQ or something...Taker (16-0 baby!!!)
submission match:highly unlikely, but who dont want to see these two in the ring!!??maybe some "i cut the best promos and i am the biggest loudmouth or whatever..." storyline. winner: Mrrrrr Kennedyyyyyy....Kenedyyyy!!!
Batista vs Lashely, well, supposed to be a huge match, like The titans match, or a "im a piece of Shit and a block of concrete is more flexible than me vs i dont have charisma and i cant say a fucking word on the Mic." match. bottom line: bathroom break and beer & food refill...
ECW title: good match only if we have: 1)Booker T, not King Sucker... 2)Cor Von learned some kind of "counter" dance move vs the SPIN-A-ROONIE, SUCKAAA!!!! 3)Booker Wins, ya punk!!!
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: (champion)John Cena vs (challenger)Triple H. with a special Referee, The Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels. Can anyone see where this goes?? yep, Michaels have some kind of "past" with both, lately with Cena(tag Champs) so this is going to be some kind of moral battle for him.... Obviously, Cena is going to "deliver" the 3 move set as always, Triple h countering with some power moves and then pedigree,Cena kicks out for a 1'000,00th time and then....
BOOOOMM!!!! Sweet chin music!!!! but who's on the Floor?? ;) yep, you guess well....

alot of your cards are pretty interesting, but i just dont see how you guys are thinking that WM 24 is gonna be all about rematches and revenge.

-First off, Triple H is going to be coming back alot sooner than the Royal Rumble, so you can count him out as having that miracle come back.
-With Shawn returning around Survivor Series, they wont hold off on the HBK/RKO match for 4 months
-Right now you have alot of main eventers out with injuries.... HHH,HBK,'Taker, Booker, Kennedy, Misterio, JBL, and RVD is gone. I think how the mid card steps up in the absence of the top guys will set the tone, and the scene for WM 24. With that in mind, here is what i see happening.......

-Triple H returns and after a couple of fueds here and there with some of the new guys from the draft, gets a title shot at the Royal Rumble and beats Cena.
-Jeff or Matt Hardy win the Royal Rumble
-Edge dominates the rest of the year much like Cena thru-out 06 and is the World Heavyweight Champion at WM24
-Matt Hardy vs Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship
-Jeff Hardy vs Triple H for the WWE Championship

as far as the undercard, well it always get sorted out around No Way Out time frame, so again, still too early to tell.:robvandam:

WM24
Edge vs Kane vs Taker World Title Kane finally pins taker at WM
Cena vs HHH WWE title obvious gonna happen
Punk vs MVP IC Title 2 out of 3 falls
Y2J vs Kennedy Ladder
MITB Tag Team Hardyz vs WGTT vs London & Kendrick vs Nitro & Kenny
Mysterio & Benoit vs Booker T & Finlay
HBK vs RKO classic
I Quit Flair vs Shane O Mac
Tri Brand Tag Team
ECW Burke & Thorn vs Raw Cryme Tyme vs Smackdown Birchall & Regal
Lashley vs Cor Von vs Foley Hardcore
Austin vs Hogan (special ref Piper)
Mickie vs Melina vs Michelle vs Candice
Batista vs Mark Henry (at last both get seriously injured)
Umaga vs Khali (Umaga destroys Khali)

With a card like that,WM would be like,5 or 6 hours long.

Anyway,i can't produce an entire card,but i can give some matches.

HBK Vs. HHH Vs. Cena - WWE Title
With Shawn coming back around Survivor Series,HHH automatically being in the title scene when he returns, and Cena being built up as some indestructible force I can see this happening. HHH will challenge Cena for the belt in a WM 22 rematch,and Shawn will say he deserves to be back in the title scene for being out for a couple of months while being in the title scene. Then Cena will come out and give his usual rant about how he won't back down and he's the champ. I could see anyone of these guys winning,but i've gotta give the nod to HHH or Cena as Micheals unfortunately isn't as big a part of the WWE and won't sell as much gear as HHH and Cena in Vinnie Mac's eyes.

Ken Kennedy Vs. Edge Vs. Undertaker Vs. Batista - WHC
With Edge Vs. Batista and Edge Vs. Kennedy pretty much set up, the only one left is The Undertaker. I see him making an impact on his return stating that Edge acted as a mortal fool would and seized the oppurtunity at hand. Then he would go on about how he intends to make Edge pay,and wants to do it at WM. Then Kennedy and Batista would come out, and have a big argument with 'Taker. Then whoever's GM at the time would make the Fatal 4 Way decision,but first will have a triple threat at No Way Out between the challengers. Taker wins the triple threat,but Kennedy wins the Fatal 4 Way,making a statement that it is his time.

Lashley Vs. CM Punk - ECW Title
Obviously this would be an extreme rules match. Lashley loses title Punk (who by this time should be at Main-Event level) at the RR. Wanting a rematch and not getting it until he proves he deserves it, we see a new, more focused, brutal Heel Lashley. He pretty much obliterates the competition except for Punk. Lashley makes it clear he wants his rematch thus getting it for showing all this 'Ruthless Aggression'. Lashley tells Punk that he won't be stopped at WM and he will regain whats his. Punk says that at WM whether it be with a table, a chair, or his knee, Lashley will Go To Sleep. They have an intense match reminiscent of Old School ECW. Back and Forth until Punk gets Lashley up and hits the GTS and locks in The Anaconda Vice for the win.

That's pretty much it, anybody agree with Yours Truly? OR do you have a different type of vision for WM 24. All in all,if WM 24 isn't 5 times the show WM 23 was,i'll be dissapointed.

Im not saying that you dont have a couple of good matches, i just dont see that happening. I dont see the "powers that be" throwing all the main eventers in 2 matches. I definately see Edge and Triple H being in the matches for both World titles, however, to add Batista and Kennedy and Cena and Taker and HBK doesnt make sense.

Its like i said before, the main events at 'Mania depend on how well the undercard steps up during this time of injuries. The top guys wont be returning until a few months, so this is amble time for them snatch up the spotlight. I see Matt and Jeff definately playing a big role on the card, as well as CM Punk, and Cor Von. With that in mind, and Vince's current track record, here are a few matches i can see happening.......

World Heavyweight Championship- Matt Hardy vs Edge(c): Id like to see Edge dominate for the majority of the year, maybe losing the belt to a returning Kennedy, only to recapture it at the Royal Rumble. Hardy either wins the Rumble or wins the number one contenders spot at Mania. This again spark the Matt/Edge fued, and they could tear the house down in Orlando!

WWE Championship- Jeff Hardy vs Triple H(c): Triple H finally takes down Cena to win his 11th championship. Hardy either wins the Rumble or a number one contenders match. We know that Jeff has beatin Triple H before for the I.C. championship, so they could play off of that. Plus Its easy for HHH to get over as a heel in this cuz Jeff is a monster face

Streak on the line- The Undertaker vs Marcus Cor Von: Cor Von costs 'Taker a title shot. Says he's the dominate male on Smackdown! Challenges Undertaker to a match at WrestleMania 24.

ECW Championship, Extreme Rules- CM Punk vs Kane(c): Who better to go to ECW and dominate then a man who has set people on fire, Kane. He could pick up the ECW Championship and dominate and set up this match with Punk being the number one contender

again, i think its still waaaay to early to determine alot of the undercard. We are still about 9 months away from the event, and anything, such as injuries, firings and incoming talent, can always happen!!

Cena vs. Triple H-
We have seen this match before and do not need to see it again.The match itself was very poor.If we get this as the main event as we know we will John Cena will just win again in another piss poor main event and furthermore prove my point as to why Vince Mcmahon is a stupid ass.

Undertaker vs. Edge-
This match would be a great match in my opinion.The rivalry would be good and if it was for the title it would be even better.The problem is if it is for the title and Undertaker wins he would have one the title both years.It just seems weird to me.

Shawn Michales vs. Randy Orton-
This match would be a classic match.If it is built up even better this match could be match of the year without a doubt in my mind.

Match I Would Rather See
Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker-
I am still waiting for this match to happen at Wrestlemania.I will be truly dissapointed if we don't get this match at some Wrestlemania.This match would truly be a show stealer.

HHH vs. Cena
I kinda saw this one coming,not because it would be a great match,but because of HHH's ego.It was supposed to be this year's mainevent& HHH would have probably still gone on to headline WM24(He's trying to ace Hogan's WM mainevent record) I think John's improved ringwise since last year,so the match itself wouldnt be taht much of a bore.However that fact is thart we've seen it before,and unless Cena turns heel& HHH stays babyface, I dont see anything special coming out of that match.

UnderTaker vs. Edge
WHC or not,it would(and hopefully will) be a brilliant match.Even if Edge drops the WHC to someone else prior to WM24,they still have the "Undefeated streak VS. Undeafeated streak" angle to use.Edge was "pulled out" of the MITB match,so for kayfabe sake,we can say he didnt actually lose.Besides Taker never actually won all his WM matches by pinfall/submission,there're a one or two DQs( WM9)

HBK vs. RKO
Would be a classic,but I somehow see the creative team screwing it up.Let's hope Shawn will have gotten a hairpiece in time for WM24.

WHAT I'D RATHER SEE @ WM24

Kennedy vs. Batista(WHC)
Look,people may hate Dave, but he's still a huge draw.I can see him turning heel and screwing Kennedy out of he's world title match against Edge and then going to become WHC.Kennedy could win the Royal Rumble and go one to beat Batista in the mainevent.

Edge vs. Taker
Winning Streak v.s Winning Streak.Of course Taker would win.Edge's already a huge star,so there'd be no need to put him over any further,and according to backstage rumors,Vince has stated clearly that he has no intention of ending the streak.

Cena vs.Orton(WWE Title)
I think its time that the WWE invest in the younger talent.HHH,HBK have had their moments in the sun

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk( ECW Title)
I can only pray....

Kennedy vs. Batista
We have seen this match before and it was ok.A main event can't just be ok.And i dont think that Batista is a huge draw honestly.The guy just can't wrestle and shouldn't be champion.

Wrestlemaina 24
World Tittle Match
Umaga Vs Samoa Joe
WWE Championship
Triple H Vs Mr. Kenddy
undertaker Vs Edge
RVD Vs The Fallen Angle Christpher Daniales
Kurt Angle Vs Aj Styles
TAG TITTLES
Cade And Murdoch Vs AMW

I'm only Dreaming
^^ yep, i see you are having nightmares here... lol

im wondering what will Vince give us for his annual "celebrity" fetish next year... making a recap:since WM20 where we had an approach for the Donald in an short interview, WM21 with Rock Band Motorhead playing Triple H entrance and a sort of GREAT Movie Trailers parodies(you HAVE to see Basic Instinct and Taxi Driver[big show is FABULOUS actor!!])in WM22 was Rock band P.O.D. with some live performance for Rey Mysterio i think... WM23 give us the return of a celebrity actually involved in a match, with the over-reviewed hair match between The Donald and Vince McMahon.
WM24: i read somewhere that even George Bush was in talks for doing something, i mean, that would be the WORST idea EVER!! man,even they could shot the bastard right there! anyway, i really hope Vince realize that he doesn't need any kind of Shit like Donald Trump to give us a great show, but if he choose to do it, make it at least funny, not like the uncharismatic Donald.

Here's a thought:
Why not have HHH vs. HBK at WM24.It can be Shawn's retirement match.Who better to end Shawn illustrious career than his best friend HHH?

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE creative team members are already planning possible scenarios for this year’s WrestleMania main event. Before the injury plaque hit the company, WWE champion John Cena vs. either Triple H or Batista was talked about. But after the draft came about all long term plans were thrown out.

Undertaker vs. Edge was also talked about before the injury plaque hit the company. Currently nothing further has been discussed. WrestleMania will be held on March 30, 2008 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida.

Thank the Lord above for having these plans thrown out.If i saw Triple H take on Cena at Wrestlemania again I would kill myself.

Batista vs. Cena:
You are kidding me right.This would be amazingly bad.

WWE creative team members are already planning possible scenarios for this year’s WrestleMania main event. Before the injury plaque hit the company, WWE champion John Cena vs. either Triple H or Batista was talked about. But after the draft came about all long term plans were thrown out.

Undertaker vs. Edge was also talked about before the injury plaque hit the company. Currently nothing further has been discussed. WrestleMania will be held on March 30, 2008 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida.

I am still going to go waayyyyyy, wayyyyy out on the limb and guess that Triple H and John Cena will still manage to find themselves sucking up another main Event at Wrestlemania. The Cena vs. Batista Main Event could be interesting, and could possibly go down as the worst Main Event Ever, let alone Wrestlemania. God the inevitable train wreck we are heading on guys. The only thing better then Cena vs. Batista, would be Cena vs. Batista outside in Orlando, in the Rain, amazing.

Now onto the Smackdown side of things. After the draft, is there any possible way of seeing anything, barring injury of course, other then an Edge vs. Undertaker Main Event for the World Heavyweight Championship?? Maybe Mysterio vs. Khali??? Seriously though, I think it's pretty safe to assume that on the Smackdown side of things, we can all put ink in the Edge vs. Undertaker main event. I have it in pencil, just not ink yet.

This leads to another topic. Is this the Deadmans Last Year/Run. He's looking into buying homes while he's injured, which I tend to think he's ready for retirment. What better way to go out then in the Main Event at the Event you helped solidify it's legacy against probably the best young talent on the roster? I was hoping taker would retire at WM 25, but just the recent events are pointing towards much sooner.

Edit: Beat to the damn punch

I am still going to go waayyyyyy, wayyyyy out on the limb and guess that Triple H and John Cena will still manage to find themselves sucking up another main Event at Wrestlemania. The Cena vs. Batista Main Event could be interesting, and could possibly go down as the worst Main Event Ever, let alone Wrestlemania. God the inevitable train wreck we are heading on guys. The only thing better then Cena vs. Batista, would be Cena vs. Batista outside in Orlando, in the Rain, amazing.

Now onto the Smackdown side of things. After the draft, is there any possible way of seeing anything, barring injury of course, other then an Edge vs. Undertaker Main Event for the World Heavyweight Championship?? Maybe Mysterio vs. Khali??? Seriously though, I think it's pretty safe to assume that on the Smackdown side of things, we can all put ink in the Edge vs. Undertaker main event. I have it in pencil, just not ink yet.

This leads to another topic. Is this the Deadmans Last Year/Run. He's looking into buying homes while he's injured, which I tend to think he's ready for retirment. What better way to go out then in the Main Event at the Event you helped solidify it's legacy against probably the best young talent on the roster? I was hoping taker would retire at WM 25, but just the recent events are pointing towards much sooner.

Edit: Beat to the damn punch

Thats true.It is the only possible main event possibility there is.Except for Rey who in my opinion doesn't deserve the main title picture no offense to him.Shockmaster I would say to put it in ink.But why make the same main event twice?What is the point in it.There isn't.make it a gimmick match and maybe we can get something out of it.

There is precedent for it. You had the Rock and Stone Cold in two Wrestlemania Main Events at 15 and 17. It's not two in a row, it would be 22 and 24. All you have to do is make both go in as face and have one leave as heel, and you have a repeat. I just think the ego of Triple H is too big not to put himself in the main event. I can't see Cena not being in the Main Event, so that's why I think we'll get the repeat. Believe me, Kennedy should be in there probably, but it won't happen.

There is precedent for it. You had the Rock and Stone Cold in two Wrestlemania Main Events at 15 and 17. It's not two in a row, it would be 22 and 24. All you have to do is make both go in as face and have one leave as heel, and you have a repeat. I just think the ego of Triple H is too big not to put himself in the main event. I can't see Cena not being in the Main Event, so that's why I think we'll get the repeat. Believe me, Kennedy should be in there probably, but it won't happen.

Oh okay I see where you are getting at.Even though I absolutely loved the Rock and Stone Cold and enjoyed their rivalry a lot I don't think they should have had three Wrestlemania matches.

Damnit I don't see why people are throwing Kennedy vs. Edge out the window!

It's perfect. Kennedy comes over to RAW in order to boost ratings, as per USA's request. He's can be a face or a heel, it doesn't matter, because eventually he'll face triple H (I'm betting Survivor Series, after Triple H is done burying Orton himself), and either one could be the face.

Around the time of Survivor Series, he starts having encounters with Edge backstage at pay-per-views and junk, and they sow the seeds to the revenge match. In the new year, Kennedy wins the Royal Rumble and is about to cash it in on RAW to face the champion (who ever it is at that time, probably still Cena) who he's been confronting, except he decides to go to Smackdown to get his revenge on Edge and take the World Title that would've been his 6 months earlier had he not been drafted to RAW.

It builds intrigue, suspense and it keeps us wanting to see the confrontation, but we get to see it on the grandest stage of them all at Wrestlemania.

But apparently WWE creative isn't allowed to wait on things, they have to jump the gun on all storylines and do them right away. WWE fucked up by switching Kennedy over to RAW? In case you hadn't notice he's faced everyone there is on Smackdown. Give him some fresh bodies to face, gain some more experience, make sure he's ready to carry the company before you give him the title, or else you might have another Randy Orton situation on your hands.

I would agree with you Prax, but you can agree, this current version of the WWE creative team has zero long term vision. This is the same creative team that gave us the Cryme Tyme push, only to get "Bored" and barely seen on TV. What happened to that Number One Contender shot anyway?

I agree with you though, that scenario is perfect, and I would love to see it. Hell I picked Kennedy to win the Rumble pre-Draft. You and I both know, a lot of it has to do with politics though, and Triple H is the main Politician.

I would love to See Kennedy Edge in the Main Event, I just have my doubts. I would be just as happy with Edge Undertaker though. And your statement about Kennedy being the next Orton is spot on. You don't want to push him to fast. If you are going to turn Kennedy Face however, Smackdown's Draft picks had a lot of heels, and their was no reason to have him move to Raw. A year of him getting mocked by Edge in the locker room would be amazing, and then him winning the Rumble to get his shot would be that much better.

The winner of the Royal Rumble will most likely win at WM. Again. It seems that SD always has won it, and then the RAW number one contender has gone on to face and lose to John Cena. The WWE needs to stop this trend. I can either see 'Taker winning the Rumble again and facing Edge at 'Mania for the Title, or Kennedy winning it as a heel and then he'd turn babyface and go off to SD to face Edge. Either way, it works out. Edge-Taker and Edge-Kennedy are two fabulous Main Events. Most of the time it seems that Smackdown has the better Main Event anyway.

To be honest, I hope that RAW wins the 'Rumble. Although if what I said about Kennedy does indeed happen, Cena will retain. The only thing I see about WM 24, is that it could be the final year that Cena fights for the Title. Honestly, from WM 21 to WM 24 is enough for the John Cena Era. He hasn't ever fought a match at WM that wasn't for the Title. He went from being the opener at 20, to being the Main Event at 21, while Eddie G went from Main Event to opener.

As for matches for WM 24, it's hard to say. I would love to bash the WWE creative team, but to be honest, they probably have some of the matches already booked. Vince practically knows the theme for next year's Mania and depending on who does and doesn't get injured, they'll be in the Main Event. I really hope they don't feed Kennedy to Triple H though. That'd be pathetic. HHH should know better than that by now. Hell, I believe Kennedy is more over than HHH is.

HHH-Kennedy is intruging, only if Kennedy gets the nod. I personally think they should feud around Survivor Series and let Kennedy get a win in at around Armageddon, setting up for him to win the 'Rumble and then going on to Mania 24 to face Edge. As of now, the matches are a bit hard to decide, but I'll give you some of mine.

Edge vs Mr.Kennedy - It just has to happen. This feud, with enough hype and the actual Main Event slot will be a special WM match. A type of Title match at Mania that we haven't seen since Angle-Lesnar. Kennedy would win the 'Rumble, while Edge mocks him backstage. It'd work out perfectly.

John Cena vs Bobby Lashley - It's going to happen at one time or another. Lashley started off with a huge push. He went from MITB, to representing Donald Trump, and now I believe he'll get a Title shot. Due to Vince's obsession with babyfaces, I see him working hard with Lashley on his mic skills, allowing Lashley to pick up the win. If they do this match within the next few months though, there'd be no doubt that Cena would go over.

Those are just possibilities though. I'd love to see Kennedy feuding with Hardy too. You can't leave out Matt and Jeff as I expect them to be very over still. Matt should be World Championship material by WM 24, and if not, then the WWE royally ****ed up. Hopefully they don't get injuries around WM like they did this year though.

My Wrestlemania 24 card:

Main Event:

World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker vs. Edge

Undefeated vs. Unbeaten. Revenge and Retribution. The Phenom vs. The Opportunist. Even though Taker would win the same belt on consecutive Wrestlemanias, this match is just screaming to be there. This SHOULD be the main event.

WWE Championship
Bobby Lashley vs. Ken Kennedy

I can see Cena dropping the title to Lashley in the fall (face vs. face like the Shawn Michaels feud), then Kennedy winning the Royal Rumble. Lashley retains at WM but loses the belt to Kennedy at Backlash.

HHH vs. Batista

Batista turns heel and snaps, beating down everyone in his path. Who stops him? The King of Kings himself! Vince wants a re-match of WM past? It could have a nice build-up and be entertaining. HHH avenges his WM loss to his protege.

Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton

Revenge is a bitch, isn't it? Michaels recovers to come back and give the legend killer one more Wrestlemania blemish.

World Tag Team Title Match - Four Corners Elimination
London/Kendrick vs. Cade/Murdoch vs. Cryme Tyme vs. Haas/Benjamin

Cryme Tyme should use their unused title shot here. Let them be nearly forgotten, then come in and win the tag team belts here.

ECW Championship
Marcus Cor Von vs. C.M. Punk

I could see Cor Von winning it from Benoit, so that the WWE could put the ECW title on C.M. Punk on a major stage. This could set up a nice series of feuds for the summer.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Elijah Burke, Kane, Chris Benoit, Johnny Nitro, Carlito, John Cena, Jeff Hardy and Santino Murello

Sounds exciting to me, especially with a big man like Kane in there. You can't have a ladder match without Jeff. How about this...Johnny Nitro wins MITB and challenges Punk for the ECW title? Unless they really want to keep Cena in the title picture...

United States Title Match
Matt Hardy vs. M.V.P.

M.V.P. brings huge cred to the U.S. title, making him seem unstoppable. Matt Hardy beats him for the U.S. title finally so that he can make that next step, while M.V.P. moves on to feud with Taker over the WHC.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters

Flair's last match in the WWE. Have him escape the Masterlock and make Masters tap out to the Figure-Four, then walk out a hero.

Women's Championship

Melina vs. Jillian Hall

I think it'll get sufficient build-up. Besides, you gotta have the divas in there somewhere.

I really like the line-up u got there BrooklynBuc , but just the women's championship should change into a battle royal. Mickie James, Melina, Jillian Hall, Candice Michell, Ashley, etc.

But overall u gotta a great card

Good idea. Interpromotional Invitational Battle Royal, pitting Melina, Candice Michelle, Jillian Hall, Victoria, Kristal, Kelly Kelly, and Ashley. Maybe they'd even consider moving the belt to Smackdown or even ECW

Their are rumours that WrestleMania 24 will be Flairs last match. I think its possible we could see HHH vs. Flair for the WWE Championship next year, having Flair winning the title one more time in his final match on the biggest stage of them all, similar to how Trish Stratus retired. I would also like to see Undertaker vs. Edge. Although Cena will be in the M.E, I'd rather him stay out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back