General ROH Spam Thread

This PPV has all the making of a really great set of TV tapings. All the matches will be good if not great, but there isn't much on this card that really has that special or big match feel to it that PPV demands. I still disappointed AJ isn't in the ME where he should be instead of fighting ACH, Moose sucks, & Mark Briscoe deserves a better opponent, & while I have no doubt the Bucks, & reDRagon will have another great match, it's time ROH move on past just throwing these two teams vs. eachother everytime they on PPV or have a big show, I feel we've seen this match in ROH about as much as we've seen Orton vs. Cena in WWE, I don't like Lethal or Delberto so I have zero interest in that match, even in ROH.

I'll counteract.

AJ Styles shouldn't be in the main event. Whenever they have AJ main event, he should win the ROH World Championship. Now isn't the time for AJ to win it because hes IWGP Heavyweight Champion and he's under NJPW contract at the end of the day, they come first, he would end up missing a ton of ROH dates in the summer with the G-1 and the build to Dominion. Hes already missing Supercard of Honor. So had he won the ROH World title at the 13th Anniversary, he'd miss the next big event straight away.

Meltzer says they will eventually give him the title, but right now they want to build their own guys and the best way to build them is have them face guys like AJ. ACH and AJ will tear the house down on Sunday, ACH will benefit massively from it.

I thought Moose sucked originally, but not anymore. He's black Brock Lesnar. He's super athletic, and while still a bit green, hes improving at a rapid pace. His match with ACH at the Atlanta house show was awesome, his match with Michael Elgin on TV was awesome and he is guaranteed to have a great match with Mark on Sunday. I love Mark but he's pretty much to ROH was Christian was from 2009 - 2011; a veteran, a steady hand who has good matches with everyone. He's the perfect opponent for Moose on Sunday.

Bucks vs. reDRagon haven't had a match on an ROH PPV. They've done it on iPPV but PPV is different. War of the Worlds iPPV did less than 2,000 buys. All Star Extravaganza did a little bit more. This will generate more buys than both put together and what they're going for here is obviously the buzz around Bucks/reDRagon matches. They're ROH's Christian & Edge vs. The Hardyz, R 'n' R Express vs. Midnight Express. I do wish they had added The Addiction though and made it a three way.

I can't sway your opinion on Lethal or Alberto, but there is a considerable amount of more buzz around this show than Final Battle or even Best in the World. This show has a lot more star power and from top to bottom has more chances of delivering a start to finish great show than either of the others had - RD Evans isn't here to botch springboards this time around.

NeglectedIndelibleKawala.gif

Gotta say I was disappointed with the main event and the ending to the tag title match.

Main event, definitely, don't know what Delirious was thinking. Tag team match, I was really happy with because I didn't want reDRagon to lose the titles but I thought The Young Bucks would to give them a run into the ROH/NJPW shows with them like last year. I thought they did a good job of getting Shayna Baszler involved too which will get them some publicity in MMA circles.

I can't decide if I think The Kingdom is under the masks or not, but I did think originally they'd attack Joe or the winners of the Tag Title Match.

As far as the tag match, I loved the match itself don't get me wrong but I felt like Young Bucks should've won.

Now that we don't get to see Kyle do PWG, even though I love reDRagon, the more high profile singles matches that ROH books him in the better.

The recent match with Roddy in Atlanta is the first singles match that he has had in ROH since last Summer.

Its great to see that he is going to get one of the few matches that Joe is going to work for ROH, and hopefully with three shows on the tour, he will also get a high profile singles match at one of the NJPW crossover events. I'd love to see him work with one of the "big three" or a guy like Ibushi, Naito, or Ishii depending on who is coming over. Since the original concept of the NEVER title was to feature younger workers and freelancers(though that has completely gone out the window), and it is touted as being "openweight", it would be justifiable to see Kyle, who has been a champion in NJPW now and his team wasn't pinned to lose that title, get a shot at Ishii and the NEVER strap(assuming Ishii is still the champ come mid-May).

I can't picture Kyle getting a singles match at either show with NJPW, I see reDRagon defending the belts at both shows.

There's this thing with ROH or ROH/PWG fans where Kyle is supposed to be a singles wrestler or something because he mainly competed as a singles wrestler in PWG. That's great and he had a lot of good matches as a singles guy in PWG and anytime hes had singles matches in ROH they've all been very good too, but he's more valuable as a member of reDRagon than he is as just Kyle O'Reilly, so I'll never understand the argument that he should be in singles matches.

Here's an edited version of Samoa Joe's return ROH put out.

I've said numerous times that I'm not asking for a reDRagon breakup, I realize how vital they are to ROH's shallow tag division. I'm just saying that for my money, if you don't count AJ Styles, Kyle O'Reilly has transformed himself into the best singles wrestler on the entire Indy scene(if you can call exclusive ROH talents members of the Indy scene), not just one half of the best tag team.

I really like Bobby. I do. I love their chemistry, and I love reDRagon, but Kyle's act doesn't need Bobby for him to have the match of the night on every show he works. Sometimes I just want to see Kyle wrestle the best guys in the world, one-on-one; and without PWG, the opportunity to see that is in danger of being FAR too rare of an occurrence.

Thing is Kyle will lose all those matches, because no matter if he's a champion a tag team competitor should not be beating the likes of AJ, Roddy, and Joe if they are too singles stars while he's in a tag team.

His singles matches in ROH are great every now and then but they shouldn't be put out in at a constant rate.

I don't doubt O'Reilly will be ROH World Champion someday. He embodies everything Bryan embodied and he's one of the few guys who I know of like Adam Cole who watched ROH and made it a goal of his to get to ROH instead of wanting to go to say WWE (which Kyle has said before isn't his goal). But I don't think O'Reilly, whether he is still apart of reDRagon or not should be treated as a singles guy because he's not a singles guy in ROH, he's a tag team guy. What he did on the indies is great, but as AJ Styles said last week, "what happens in the indies has nothing to do with ROH, because ROH is far bigger than an indie now". reDRagon is where the money is, and I don't see that ending for awhile and honestly, in any interview I've seen of Kyle's when questioned I don't think he sees himself as a singles wrestler on a big stage like ROH or NJPW anytime soon.

With that mentality though Dragon, then Jay Briscoe shouldn't be World Champion right now.

Kyle O'Reilly is going to be given a chance to shine as a singles star, and I just know he will flourish when granted that opportunity. I'm not saying it should happen immediately, but a year or so from now, I just have a feeling he's going to be THE guy ROH hands the ball to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back