General ROH Spam Thread

I didn't read it as ROH is buying TNA, I read it as Sinclair, the company that owns ROH, is trying to buy TNA. The two companies would just be owned by the same parent company but would likely still be ran separately. I also don't think it's gonna happen.

Final Deletion was a fucking awful, & an embarrassment to the industry.
That is your opinion and I choose to respect it. :shrug:

It's even cause NJPW loans as much of their talent to ROH as ROH loans to NJPW, really not that all that hard to figure out, or much to be discussed.

New Japan only benefits by developing it's native stars with an American audience, native stars who outshine the ROH gang and pretty much never lose. They've benefited from this far more than Tenzan working Jax Dane in Texas or sending Jushin Thunder Liger to work with Chase Owens or Steve Anthony when it came to the NWA.

New Japan's loans who do lose to Ring of Honour stars are by and large non-Japanese wrestlers such as Alex Shelley, Roppongi Vice, etc... guys not relied upon generally to draw a crowd and placed in a variety of matches (multi-tag juniors) that while popping a crowd do little to advance the individual wrestlers. Even in Jay Lethal's big appearance in Japan at Wrestle Kingdom, he faced Michael Elgin rather than a Satoshi Kojima or Yuji Nagata whose caliber as a legend might have elevated his credibility more in Japan.

Of the circumstances where ROH-first wrestlers win over New Japan in Japan, it has either been involving titles clearly not high on the totem poles (NEVER Openweight Six Man, IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team, IWGP Tag Team) or with talents very much so expendable (Guerillas of Destiny, Bullet Club Hunters, etc...).

The only two wrestlers ROH seems to protect are Jay Briscoe and Jay Lethal, and they've not used either wrestler to elevate other talents in ROH sufficiently. The biggest names to lose to ROH that I can think of are Tomohiro Ishii (wasn't pinned but lost the ROH Television Championship) and Tomoaki Honma (whose gimmick is that he loses).

As Klunderbunker notes, ROH programming has been Bullet Club/New Japan for months now, with ROH feuds pretty much on the road only. The Addiction put over Cheesburger before winning the Tag Titles. Tomohiro Ishii got the ROH Television title for a couple of months. Any time New Japan wants a guy, they just pick him up and start using him.

Don't get me wrong, I like New Japan more than Ring of Honour and barely watch the latter so I've got no skin in the game, but it's pretty damning in my eyes how much New Japan gets away with, even if it has been good for business when it comes to ROH's bottom line.

That's essentially why I never found any interest in AJ, Okada, or Nakamura's matches in ROH. Whoever was on the other side had no fucking chance of winning if the former was signed to a NJPW contract.

So does any ROH fan want to discuss how EVOLVE is scooping up Osprey when as a New Japan talent they ought to have grabbed hm first? Or is Osprey just not good enough for a roster that has the Beer City Bruiser, Cheeseburger and Mandy Leon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back