General ROH Spam Thread

The big story coming out of ROH/NJPW Honor Rising Day 1:

NEW ROH World Television Champion-

screenshot2016-02-19at101150am.png

Tomohiro Ishii!!!

...Should be interesting to see how this result effects the card for the Anniversary PPV(Ishii/Goto/Roddy/Fish 4-way perhaps?)

Ishii just burying ROH I see.

He's just playing the cocky foreign tough guy heel. Morishima did the same shtick as ROH world champ.

Fits Ishii and I love it.

A few notes on the 14th Anniversary PPV:

The 6-man tag has been changed to a NEVER 6-man tag title match as a result of Bullet Club's "The Elite" winning those titles at Honor Rising.

A new World TV title match has been booked-

022616worldtvtitlev21.jpg

Interesting for several reasons

-Both singles title matches are now triple threats
-Ishii has never competed in a triple threat
-Goto now needs a new opponent who is being kept a "surprise"

...I hope that Goto's new matchup with a mystery adversary isn't a total letdown. Someone without a match like Kazarian, Dijak, Cheesburger, or Castle would be a massive disappointment here. The best potential matchup with an unbooked roster member would be Silas or possibly Cedric, but even those would be underwhelming choices. Hopefully a massive curve ball will be thrown. Something like a Chris Hero return for example would be incredible to see in this spot. An unadvertised New Japan guy(EVIL maybe) would be great to see in the spot as well.

Since the premiere members of the Bullet Club have now left almost effectively killing the group dead I think it's quite interesting Omega and The Bucks have now taken to using the name "The Elite".

I've been out of the ROH (and general independent wrestling) loop lately, but I saw the Top Propsects Tournament finals, in which Lio Rush beat Brian Fury. Rush came off as prototypical indie wrestler #206 in the match, but he does seem like he has potential. What does everyone else think of him?

I caught bits of that tournament as well in passing and for a kid who's barely been wrestling for a year he's got a world of potential. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the attention of WWE before long for NXT.

I'm really not taking to some of these new faces honestly. I've been out of the loop for a year or two atleast as well but have been catching the show in re-runs and guys like Dalton Castle, War Machine, and Silas Young just don't do very much for me. Just taking a look at their roster page right now they've got a bunch of really talented guys but it seems like they're focusing on the wrong people.

I'm watching ROH TV for the first time in a couple years now. I can't believe I forgot how awesome Adam Cole (baybay!) is on the mic. The guy is just a natural.

Why? It's Colt Cabana.

I think his feud with Lethal has alot of potential. Who better to oppose the guy who claims, in a dead serious manner, to be the best wrestler in the world, than a guy who blatantly doesn't take himself seriously at all (but is still more than capable in the ring). I don't expect Colt to take the belt from Lethal, but the feud should be a nice break from "I can outwrestle you, no you can't, yes I can" that we've gotten alot of recently.

Plus the promos between Truth and Colt should be pretty entertaining.

FIGHT

WITHOUT

HONOR

It was okay. But I know what I like -- and it's a man and his boys in big matches.

I just finished SuperCard of Honor X - Night Two for an upcoming podcast review. It wasn't anything special until the final two matches, which saved the show, and it definitely didn't feel like the supercards from when I was really into ROH a few years ago. I'm excited to check out the other shows from WrestleMania weekend, especially after seeing all the good reviews Evolve has been getting lately.

Were did his Vinny Marsigela guy show up from?

Phenomenal look.

He's been kicking around on the indies for awhile now. I think TNA brought him in for a GUT check or something years ago & naturally sent him packing cause why sign & build young talent that could actually be something?:shrug:

So if ROH ends up buying TNA this will be like if the Orcs overran the city in LOTR between you all the few decimated TNA fans?

The ultimate victory. Long time coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back