General ROH Spam Thread

If Minoru Suzuki walked into Supercard of Honour, I'd be disappointed by anything less than him killing everyone on the roster in that ring.

The awesome main event from this weeks episode of ROH Wrestling, Cedric Alexander, ACH & Matt Sydal vs. Bullet Club's AJ Styles and The Young Bucks. It's an awesome match everyone should watch.

AND as an added bonus, Supercard of Honor IX poster.

111te77.jpg

Awesome Promo by BJ Whitmer:

Too bad(as BJ pointed out) that history shows I can't have realistically high hopes that Roddy will deliver an equally effective response promo.

What makes you hate them?

They're heels in NJPW but when they come to ROH they flip from faces during their entrance to heels during the match and back and forth. People cheering them really isn't a problem when The Bucks feud with actual heels such as reDRagon or AJ faces someone like Adam Cole but their "too cool for school" tweener gimmicks suck when they're up against actual faces like Alexander, ACH, and Sydal who while are appreciated by the ROH crowd just seem like warm bodies that are often overshadowed when the Bullet Club are there all together.

They're heels in NJPW but when they come to ROH they flip from faces during their entrance to heels during the match and back and forth. People cheering them really isn't a problem when The Bucks feud with actual heels such as reDRagon or AJ faces someone like Adam Cole but their "too cool for school" tweener gimmicks suck when they're up against actual faces like Alexander, ACH, and Sydal who while are appreciated by the ROH crowd just seem like warm bodies that are often overshadowed when the Bullet Club are there all together.

AKA the Horsemen/NWO problem.

So according to Meltzer the ROH/Spike TV rumors are bullshit, "ROH is pitching but nobody is catching" I beleive is what he said.

As I've waxed on about in the past, Bullet Club has obviously fully devolved into what can be most easily classified as a DX/Wolfpac/Kliq tribute act.

What you are describing could just as easily be attributed to the attitude that prevalently surrounded the NWO and heel incarnations of DX.

So according to Meltzer the ROH/Spike TV rumors are bullshit, "ROH is pitching but nobody is catching" I beleive is what he said.

Yeah, saw that, he said on the forums they have spoken to some national stations but that's all, Jeff Jarrett's doing the same thing.

Apparently the Atlanta house show was supposed to be awesome. Seen lots of videos and pictures, looks to have been a crazy ass show one week out from a PPV.

Is the ATL show a TV taping, or is just gonna be one of their VOD shows?

Pretty sure it's just a VOD show. I follow one of ROH's producers on Twitter and he said he's editing it and it should be up tomorrow or Thursday. Dearborn and Dayton are both available now on the site.

Oh, and some Samoa dude is coming back to ROH :blush:

[YOUTUBE]qJeCeuzoj8s[/YOUTUBE]

So I just watched the most recent ROH episode and I'm still not thrilled with Alberto in ROH. I know it's only his second match here but I'm still expecting more, the match with ACH could have been great had the crowd not turned ACH heel. It could have been any Kofi/Alberto match just more insane but instead ACH's lame heel schtick limited his move set.

Strong/Lethal was pretty damn good though.

Yeah, I didn't dig Patron/ACH, but Roddy/Lethal was really good.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Michael Elgin's heel persona is pretty cool. I'm enjoying it, hes entertaining me. When he hugs the fan booing him and tells the one cheering him not to touch him I laughed.

So ROH has another big announcement for today, and Meltzer knows what it is, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't click the spoiler tag.

Despite all the rumors about ROH not bringing in the same amount of NJPW talent as last year, they've finally decided that they will, and instead of just having the Toronto shows, they will also do War of the Worlds 2015 from the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia on a Wednesday night, either through iPPV or as a live event.

They're also contemplating doing Supercard of Honor IX as an iPPV, but if they try it, SBG have apparently told them that if another iPPV fails or costs them money, it's the last they'll ever do until the technology has been completely sorted out and is reliable.

http://chaddukeswrestlingshow.com/2015/02/25/the-chad-dukes-wrestling-show-interview-with-samoa-joe/

Samoa Joe on CM Punk's tweet that he "owes him one, PAL": Time will tell and that’s really up to him and obviously his obligations to UFC. I know he’s training real hard for his upcoming fight but if he wants to throw down, if he wants to scrap, you can come over here [Ring of Honor] and start off with me and see what’s left when you go into the octagon.”

I hope, really, really hope, Punk fails in UFC and we get Joe vs. Punk IV

Hey guys, what's your current predictions for the ROH 13th Anniversary PPV?
Jay Briscoe vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin vs. Hanson
Jay Lethal vs. Alberto El Patron
reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks
AJ Styles vs. ACH
Roderick Strong vs. BJ Whitmer
ODB vs. Maria Kanellis
Moose vs. Mark Briscoe
The Kingdom vs. The Addiction vs. The Bullet Club
Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Sydal

I don't think there is even the most remote chance that either singles title changes hands, and its partly for that reason that I think the Bucks will win the tag straps to give the PPV a title change since Final Battle didn't have one. Also, like last year, they may want the Bucks taking the belts to Japan to build interest for the May shows. AJ/ACH is a no-brainer and although I'd kill to see Mark Briscoe and BJ Whitmer get victories, I just don't see that going down. ODB/Maria is the one I'm least confident about that I made a pick on.

As for the other two matches- Fuck me if I have any clue who's winning the three way tag, I think all three teams have an equally even chance, the only guarantee is that if Addiction or the Kingdom win, Anderson or Gallows won't be taking the pinfall. And Sydal/Cedric is interesting as logic should dictate that Cedric wins, he's too good to be booked the way that they've booked him the last few months, but for some reason I feel like they'll give Sydal the pointless and useless victory. Unless they find a permanent tag partner for Sydal(be it ACH, possibly bringing in Sabin who he teamed with in PWG, or someone else) I just don't see how he can even factor into the midcard picture at this point, even with the bit of name value that he provides.

The Kingdom vs. Young Bucks has been announced for the TV tapings following the PPV, I'm hoping this means the Bucks win the titles off reDRagon at the PPV, & Kingdom wins the 3-way making the match between them on the TV taping a title match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back