General ROH Spam Thread

I guess they need to show Sinclair they've surpassed Impact on some level TV-wise. Attendance probably doesn't matter as much for a TV company. Remember, Bischoff ran shows at Disney World for months to cut costs.

That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. A PPV on a Friday? To compete with a promotion thats in the gutter because of itself?

I wouldn't say it's stupid at all. A risk, definitely, but it could be ingenious if it pays off.

The report last week was that ROH wanted more money to stick it to TNA and take an out-and-out lead as the #2 promotion in the US. Sinclair rejected. Meltzer said last week on WON radio that they probably rejected not because they don't have faith in ROH doing it but because it interferes with SBG's vision of ROH growing naturally which is cost effective for them. As the brand grows, the crowds have grown, they have good fan followings in a lot of their TV towns now to the point where if they want to say sell out a show, they can book Nashville and It'll probably sell out because ROH is in every major market in Tennessee except for Memphis.

If they can go one-on-one with TNA, dent their viewership and increase their buys, they could go back to Sinclair and show them that they deserve the budget increase and that the time to strike is now. The issue isn't the night it's on either, lots of people have already said on different boards I'm reading that the idea of two rival promotions going head-to-head will create buzz. It would completely depend on who had the better promoted card on who'd get the most attention - TNA will obviously get more viewers, but ROH would be looking to put a dent in that number.

It could backfire, it could work out. No matter what though, It'll be damn interesting.

I guess they need to show Sinclair they've surpassed Impact on some level TV-wise. Attendance probably doesn't matter as much for a TV company. Remember, Bischoff ran shows at Disney World for months to cut costs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but TNA have had to resort to go back to Universal Studios and they're taping TV over the next two weeks to do them until mid-May. That's ridiculous.

I wouldn't say it's stupid at all. A risk, definitely, but it could be ingenious if it pays off.

The report last week was that ROH wanted more money to stick it to TNA and take an out-and-out lead as the #2 promotion in the US. Sinclair rejected. Meltzer said last week on WON radio that they probably rejected not because they don't have faith in ROH doing it but because it interferes with SBG's vision of ROH growing naturally which is cost effective for them. As the brand grows, the crowds have grown, they have good fan followings in a lot of their TV towns now to the point where if they want to say sell out a show, they can book Nashville and It'll probably sell out because ROH is in every major market in Tennessee except for Memphis.

If they can go one-on-one with TNA, dent their viewership and increase their buys, they could go back to Sinclair and show them that they deserve the budget increase and that the time to strike is now. The issue isn't the night it's on either, lots of people have already said on different boards I'm reading that the idea of two rival promotions going head-to-head will create buzz. It would completely depend on who had the better promoted card on who'd get the most attention - TNA will obviously get more viewers, but ROH would be looking to put a dent in that number.

It could backfire, it could work out. No matter what though, It'll be damn interesting.
It's Friday. If it were any other day of the week, fine. But there's a reason it's called "The Friday Night Death Slot".

TNA is higher on the totem pole because of aesthetics and presentation quality. They want to prove they can do better than TNA? Find arenas that hold more than 1500 people. That's really all it takes.

It's Friday. If it were any other day of the week, fine. But there's a reason it's called "The Friday Night Death Slot".

But it's actually not anymore. I thought the same thing, but thats not actually been the case for years. You know why? That thing you Americans call DVR. Not to mention apparently TV viewership on Friday nights have been increasing every year in America since 2009 or something. Economy and all.

TNA is higher on the totem pole because of aesthetics and presentation quality. They want to prove they can do better than TNA? Find arenas that hold more than 1500 people. That's really all it takes.

ROH draws larger audiences than TNA to its show has been doing for quite awhile, UNLESS... TNA's in the UK. They do really well in the UK, but as has been stated numerous times before, there are UK indies with nobodies on the card drawing 2,000+ with ease because the UK and Ireland is the hottest wrestling region going. And that's not a secret anymore.

And if it's the production, yeah, TNA has better production, but not infinitely better like how WWE's production is infinitely better than TNA's. I'd argue ROH's tapings from the ECW Arena were better production-wise than TNA's NYC tapings. I'm sure you'll have your own opinion on that.

But it's actually not anymore. I thought the same thing, but thats not actually been the case for years. You know why? That thing you Americans call DVR. Not to mention apparently TV viewership on Friday nights have been increasing every year in America since 2009 or something. Economy and all.

People DVR PPVs?

Yes, but ROH is looking to blunt their viewership and maybe bump up their own buy-rate. To do that with a DVR audience, there needs to be the ability or trend of DVR-ing PPVs. Is that possible to even do?

I don't think so, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was trying to make the point that the idea Friday is the "death slot" is actually a preconcieved notion which carries no weight nowadays. Years ago, it did, but now unless IDK, you're on 1am on a Friday, you're fine. ROH will want to stack the PPV so much that people can't help but watch.

An example, ROH just announced the Bullet Club are coming to the 13th Anniversary PPV. That show has AJ Styles, Alberto El Patron, the Bullet Club, Matt Sydal, The Addiction/Bad Influence, ODB and all of ROH's full-time roster, PLUS, Silas Young is returning after breaking his leg in a warm-up match for a Chicago indie this weekend and Ray Rowe is scheduled to be back too.

That's a stacked PPV.

[YOUTUBE]_yHcAQVkLhU[/YOUTUBE]​

So pumped for Silas Young to come back. I still hate Bullet Club though.

DS, can you find me the reDRagon 13th anniversary poster in sig appropriate size?

I don't think they made one :/ on ROH's instagram page it announces them for the PPV using a picture of them in Japan. They probably knew they'd lose the IWGP Jr. titles to The Young Bucks and held off maybe? If one crops up I'll let you know.

And in another bit of news, Dave Meltzer just said that ROH is bringing two "genuine stars" over from NJPW for Supercard of Honor. Today's been fucking weird.

The annoying thing is that the leader of the Bullet Club has a lackluster opponent, while the others, actually have some decent opponents to work with and if anything, more hype for them. ROH should've gone with Elgin vs. Ciampa vs. Moose in a #1 contender three way and let AJ Styles face Jay Briscoe for the opportunity to become the ROH Heavyweight Champion.

Simply use a non-finish, whatever. The action would be good and so would the storyline. ROH is really missing the boat in here dammit!

I doubt it happens, but I really hope Young Bucks take another set of tag titles away from reDRagon on the 13th anniversary show.

Also wish we could get Gallows & Anderson vs reDRagon at some point.

The annoying thing is that the leader of the Bullet Club has a lackluster opponent, while the others, actually have some decent opponents to work with and if anything, more hype for them. ROH should've gone with Elgin vs. Ciampa vs. Moose in a #1 contender three way and let AJ Styles face Jay Briscoe for the opportunity to become the ROH Heavyweight Champion.

Simply use a non-finish, whatever. The action would be good and so would the storyline. ROH is really missing the boat in here dammit!

Styles would have to win the title, they don't have him around enough right now to warrant him getting it. They also have so many names on the PPV they don't need to build it around Styles challenging for the title or winning it, that's another big appeal they can use down the road, for example, the live PPV up against TNA.

And the point of Styles vs. ACH is to elevate ACH. ACH has had a ton of good matches with good wrestlers, Lethal, Briscoe, Elgin, Sydal, etc. He and Styles could potentially have MOTN, something Styles regularly has.

So pumped for Silas Young to come back. I still hate Bullet Club though.

DS, can you find me the reDRagon 13th anniversary poster in sig appropriate size?

30hoprb.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/30hoprb.jpg

I wish they never would've halted Cedric's push. AJ against Cedric on the Anniversary card would be so much more entertaining than AJ/ACH(which is still a potential show-stealer BTW).

Cedric > ACH
I'm confused that more people don't see it that way.

And Rowe can't get back soon enough, I'm stoked for the revival of War Machine versus reDRagon.

I wish they never would've halted Cedric's push. AJ against Cedric on the Anniversary card would be so much more entertaining than AJ/ACH(which is still a potential show-stealer BTW).

Cedric > ACH
I'm confused that more people don't see it that way.

And Rowe can't get back soon enough, I'm stoked for the revival of War Machine versus reDRagon.

I read he's been doing stuff with Inspire Pro so he's gotta be getting close.

Rowe will do a few matches on the indies and then ROH will bring him back. They're doing the same with Silas. When Ciampa returned from his torn ACL a couple years ago he did the same thing.

ROH TV is must watch this week. Such a good episode with a bit of everything. Big men fighting, tons build to the 13th Anniversary, a pretty funny moment with Hanson taking Romantic Touches head off (see below) and an incredible main event between ACH, Sydal and Alexander vs. Bullet Club's Styles and The Young Bucks. On Thursday, make sure you don't miss it.

SharpDelayedAnnelid.gif

Jushin "Thunder" Liger will be at Supercard of Honor on Wrestlemania weekend.

Meltzer says there's another big NJPW name expected for the same weekend and that It'll either be Minoru Suzuki, Shinsuke Nakamura or Kazuchika Okada.

Another part of the Observer is that ROH management are out to prove to SBG that they can make waves without them so ROH in the next few months should be expected to be pretty heavy on names and big events. Delirious is said to be very upset that SBG won't back them after all the hard work he put into ROH last year but that he's out to prove their worth this year and that ROH will keep going back to SBG looking for a bigger budget until they get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back