General ROH Spam Thread

Those were apparently mended. He was at ROH Death Before Dishonor Night 1 and 2 backstage. Adam Pearce even put up a photo with him. His issue was with Cornette and an office member called Syd Eck whom are both gone, so the heat may have died. I'd like Aries back, but would still prefer Joe.

Yeah I kinda figured that when I read a quote of him bashing the product around Cornette's time in charge, referring to it as "Smokey Mountain of Honor". Also did anyone that was there before Cornette not have a problem with him? Seems like all he did there was turn the product to shit & piss everyone off.

Yeah I kinda figured that when I read a quote of him bashing the product around Cornette's time in charge, referring to it as "Smokey Mountain of Honor". Also did anyone that was there before Cornette not have a problem with him? Seems like all he did there was turn the product to shit & piss everyone off.

The Young Bucks
‏@NickJacksonYB
I miss when Jim Cornette was booking ROH -Nobody

https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/553329399173353472

Look at the retweets and some guys on the roster retweeted it.

The Young Bucks hated ROH after Cornette released them, but now they love it. They kind of insinuated they prefer working there than PWG in the final Kevin Steen Show too because Nick was trying to say he views NJPW and ROH as their main employers because they pay them the most money, now they seem to love it.

The only guys I haven't seen bash Cornette when asked are The Briscoes and Cary Silkin. Aside from that everyone from Corino to Steen, Elgin to fucking Eddie Edwards have said he was out of his mind there.

Just got done watching the first original Ring of Honor Wrestling episode of 2015.

My favorite spot of the show, followed by a short review.

ArtisticForcefulAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif

Place looks pretty good. Better than last years Nashville TV taping but not as good as Best in the World.

Mark Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong: Good opening match for TV and a solid first match for 2015. I like how they played on one anothers past and how well they know each other. Mark is still insane, I don't know how anyone doesn't love him. Roddy is getting a lot of chants, I seriously can't remember a time when he was as popular as he seems to be now. Final sequence gets a big pop from the crowd as Roddy wins with the End of Heartache, which some are now also calling the Strong Breaker.

Roddy says that he will become ROH World Champion again in 2015. Gets a loud cheer.

Pre-tape from Jay Briscoe, says he's coming to finish The Kingdom and he will take back his customized ROH World Championship belt next week.

In-ring promo with Nigel McGuinness. He makes Hanson vs. Michael Elgin, the main event a #1 contenders match. He then calls out Tommaso Ciampa to talk about what happened at Final Battle. Nigel says that he spoke to ROH's higher-ups and that Ciampa isn't fired, but that he owes Nigel one. Tommaso says he owes Nigel nothing but Nigel owes him an ROH World Championship match because Tommaso had Jay Briscoe beat in the UK at ROH vs. PCW. Michael Elgin comes out and says that nobody cares about what Tommaso thinks and that if Tommaso is better than him, why is it he can't beat him in the three times they've faced and that if he is a shell of his former self, his shell is still better than Tommaso. Ciampa tells Elgin that nobody wants him here and points to all the fans and the locker room. Elgin says if he thinks he can beat him, how about Nigel puts Tommaso into the main event. Nigel says its an easy decision and makes the main event a three-way.

Pre-tape with Maria Kanellis who is seriously hot, like... fuck you Mike Bennett. She tells Jay Briscoe that if tries to touch her, that she has an entire Kingdom who will defend their queen. Well then.

Jay Diesel vs. Will Ferrera; 1st Round in the Top Prospect Tournament: Ferrera was trained by Taz, Diesel in the ROH Dojo. Diesel is still trying to get into the House of Truth so Truth Martini is managing him. Diesel dominated the match but Ferrera won with a victory roll for an upset win. Truth loses it on Diesel after the match and Jay attacks Will.

Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson: really good first main event of 2015. Elgin isn't really being accepted as a heel yet. Really hard hitting match, some unique moves for three big men. At one point Elgin hip tossed Hanson into the guard rail which was pretty sick. Ciampa hits Project Ciampa on Hanson and goes for the cover but Elgin pulls the referee out before the three. Ciampa tries to get to Elgin but he uses the referee as a shield, but Hanson suicide dives through the ropes and takes everyone out. The three start brawling as another referee comes to ringside and calls the match a no contest. The three continue brawling as other referees and security come out from the back to break it up.

Next week on Ring of Honor Wrestling, Alberto Él Patron debuts.

I would really love to get into some of Ring Of Honor's golden age shows (prior to 2007) or special events. Is there any DVD's about it? Maybe a Best of AJ Styles or CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe (I've read was briliant) or something to do with Brian Danielson or Christopher Daniels. If anyone can help me with that, I would be freaking happy.

I would really love to get into some of Ring Of Honor's golden age shows (prior to 2007) or special events. Is there any DVD's about it? Maybe a Best of AJ Styles or CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe (I've read was briliant) or something to do with Brian Danielson or Christopher Daniels. If anyone can help me with that, I would be freaking happy.

Like anything, it's difficult. There have been over 500 ROH live events since 2002, four episodes of TV taped at TV tapings too and they've had over 150+ episodes on Sinclair alone. Best way is to buy compilation DVD's, I'd start with the top guys and move your way down, so Bryan's a great start. He has several compilations in the ROH store, my personal favorite is Bryan Danielson vs. The World which is of matches with him vs. foreign talent such as KENTA, his entire feud with Morishima, matches with Marafuji, Doug Williams, a couple with Nigel McGuinness and more.

[YOUTUBE]WBK00vdTj_8[/YOUTUBE]​

I was going to pick that up in the Winter Sale but got Enter the reDRagon instead.

Small note, Meltzer didn't really have anything to say on ROH in the newsletter or anything, but he did say on radio that ROH are planning to bring back the classic ring canvas but with the modern logo in the middle instead. That's the height of the news, riveting I know.

According to Pwinsider.com, TaDarius Thomas has requested his release from Ring of Honor and it was granted. Thomas will finish up on January 30th in Dearborn, Michigan. Thomas, who has been with ROH since 2012, is retiring from pro wrestling to focus on a career in MMA.

Well, that's something. Good luck to Mr. TT.

Literally not one single, solitary shit given. It's nice he gets to end against Jacobs, who helped train him, in his hometown, but TD's height was Adrenaline RUSH and Adrenaline RUSH was really just to have ACH do something while they did other stuff.

He was the capoeira (sp?) guy who connected with the softest of kicks. The guy Adam Page out-shined a few weeks ago on TV. He's just TD. There's no other way to explain who TD is other than, "just TD".

I didn't mind TD. His style was at least original, he was just way too green for ROH(of course Moose is just as big of a gimmick and is ten shades greener). He was alright when he was hidden as a tag guy.

I'm happy for TD that's he's getting to go out in his hometown. Also Jacobs is a great opponent choice, as they can actually put a bow on TD's role in the Decade angle. I'm expecting Jacobs to get a really good final match out of Thomas.

The guy Corino said knew "Cap-in-your-ass-a style", literally the only part of any of his matches I remember, lol.

Yeah but Moose is a convincing big man and brings a bit of exposure due to his football career. Also most in the business seem to like Moose, at least I know Colt Cabana, Joey Ryan and AJ Styles have all said he's always asking questions and trying to learn.

I hope Jacobs beats him and that when TD goes for the code of honor that Adam Page comes from behind and beats the hell out of him. Maybe for a feel good moment they can have ACH come out for the save and that could set-up ACH vs. Adam Page down the line or even for the 13th Anniversary Show.

They ever plan of using it?

He said they have a new everything, new intro, new logos, new theme, new set design; all it needs is approval from SBG because re-brandings are expensive. He said this a couple of months ago on MLWRadio and that if SBG want to they can let it wait in the pipeline and then unveil it whenever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back