General ROH Spam Thread

I doubt we get throwback figures of anyone currently signed with WWE, unless some sort of deal is worked out with both companies. I also doubt we see a Punk figure since he he doesn't seem to want anything to do with wrestling these days, & ROH would have to get permission from him to use his likeness to make a figure.

I doubt we get throwback figures of anyone currently signed with WWE, unless some sort of deal is worked out with both companies. I also doubt we see a Punk figure since he he doesn't seem to want anything to do with wrestling these days, & ROH would have to get permission from him to use his likeness to make a figure.

Gabe Sapolsky has actually addressed this before. Ever notice how ROH would always coincidentally release DVD's on Bryan or Punk whenever they were doing something big in WWE? For example, ROH released the Summer of Punk DVD two weeks after the pipebomb. They released The Final Countdown DVD last year three weeks before WrestleMania. After WrestleMania this year they released Creating Excellence, which focused on guys like Cesaro, Aries, Joe, Punk, Bryan, etc.

When Gabe started ROH he had everyone sign waivers so that ROH could use their likeness for DVD's and merchandise, with the agreement they would always get a cut of the profit. When SBG bought ROH they got all the waivers, which is how ROH has always been able to do this. And they still send WWE and TNA contracted guys parts of the profits for their likeness.

[YT]sywY2rmEf6I[/YT]

Main event of this weekends TV is AJ Styles vs. the returning Matt Sydal. Live reports all said this was a very good match.

Is SOTF going to be a live iPPV or are they saving it for TV or VOD?

I'm pretty sure It'll be VOD only. Maybe TV. They still have four episodes from Lakeland to get through. It's actually one of the things ROH is annoying me with this year, they're recording too much stuff that should be on TV. Granted Champions vs. All Stars looked like a live event, but with what SOTF entails putting at least the final on TV should do the trick.

I'm still sad I can't find that 8 man elimination tag between Redragon/Bucks vs Addiction/Briscoes. That was on Death Before Dishonor right?

Lucky, I can't find night two. All I've seen is the one where Kyle faces AJ and I believe Elgin defends against Silas.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/ev...ath-dishonor-xii-weekend-chicago-ridge-il-vod

If you're strapped for cash and want to watch it online I can send you a link to it. I'm not big on people not paying for stuff ROH produce but whatever, let me know and I'll message you with it. Or you can just find it yourself on WatchWrestling.ch.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/ev...ath-dishonor-xii-weekend-chicago-ridge-il-vod

If you're strapped for cash and want to watch it online I can send you a link to it. I'm not big on people not paying for stuff ROH produce but whatever, let me know and I'll message you with it. Or you can just find it yourself on WatchWrestling.ch.

You don't have to if you don't want, it's not going to kill me not to see it. I've searched through that channel as it's where I usually watch ROH besides the actual website. Nothing is labeled DBD 2014 and the TV episodes that do have DBD are only night one.

Huh, must have been taken down, could swear it was there a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I'd say if you have the money to splash get night 2, not just for the 8 man tag but also AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander which never made it to TV either and is a pretty good match. AJ's ovation alone is awesome.

I'm pretty sure It'll be VOD only. Maybe TV. They still have four episodes from Lakeland to get through. It's actually one of the things ROH is annoying me with this year, they're recording too much stuff that should be on TV. Granted Champions vs. All Stars looked like a live event, but with what SOTF entails putting at least the final on TV should do the trick.

I stopped watch the TV show because it's always sooo damn far behind, & ROH themselves spoil everything that happens before the damn thing airs, I'd rather just shell out $15 & get a full 3 hr. show on VOD then wait a month & a half to get shit that's I have already known the results for since they first happened. It's my biggest issue with ROH.

I've actually really been enjoying the TV show lately. Its been getting a ton of love on Reddit lately too, lots of "whats better, NXT or ROH?" debates every week. For example, this week is Styles vs. Sydal, you can't buy that on the site. Couple of weeks ago was Cedric vs. Cole. Last week was the Championship Edition. I agree the show is behind but you got to kind of be able to work around ROH too. I hate how they sometimes spoil stuff e.g. Tommaso Ciampa's going crazy angle, by the time it had made it to TV they'd already done All Star Extravaganza.

The only thing truly holding me back from ROH is how impossible it is to keep up with everything. That's why I must pick and choose I care to follow and even then it's still difficult.

They do put out a lot of content in-general, the whole "every show matters" thing is much better then the way they used to do things though. They used to live events, have a camera there to record the important bits and then air the important bits in Videowires - sounds simple, right? Well the problem is a ton of fans didn't watch the Videowire until the DVD was released, but by that time they were already two shows ahead.

Timeline has always been one of ROH's biggest issues. One of the few things Cornette did was have a chronilogical timeline, but at the expense of the wrestlers because they were doing far less shows. When this year ends, including ROH vs. NJPW and PCW/ROH in the UK, ROH will have done 41 shows this year, compared to 19 in 2011, 24 in 2012 and 29 in 2013. It's probably why the wrestlers are now more open to signing contracts.

In fact I watched The Young Bucks shoot interview with Kevin Steen (the last Kevin Steen Show) yesterday and they spoke about how much funner ROH is now compared to when Cornette was there and how now they see how working for ROH makes sense, because you can work for ROH under a contract, do one, two, sometimes three or even four shows a month for them and then fill in the gaps with indie dates. For them work is really easy because what they actually do is, work for NJPW, tell ROH the dates their available, let ROH choose whether they want to book them or not, if they don't they fill in the gap, while also appearing at almost every PWG show. They say they're making killer money, are on TV, PPV, performing in-front of thousands of people for NJPW, and have never signed one contract since they were fired from their last one in ROH by Cornette in 2012.

Yeah, Colt had the Bucks on a recent AOW & they pretty much said the same thing, they also said that back when they were under contract to ROH they were being told to stop doing basically everything they do now that has gotten them noticed & has made them successful.

Yeah, they said Delirious would always tell them sorry and hand them a list of things they couldn't do, so when Cornette was fired, Delirious made a shorter list, The Young Bucks would do stuff he didn't want them to do and then eventually he just stopped doing the list altogether and let them be themselves.

Some dude just posted this on SquaredCircle. One of my match of the year candidates, behind reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks from War of the Worlds and AJ Styles vs. Minoru Suzuki, my favorite match of the year too. Recommend everyone give it a watch.

reDRagon defeated The Young Bucks to win the NJPW Jr. Tag Tournament and will challenge The Time Splitters for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles. It's widely expected reDRagon will win the titles and walk into Wrestle Kingdom as champions.

B1htRZQIMAAbzKZ.jpg

Picture for reference. Just too damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back