General ROH Spam Thread

I see ROH World Champion potential in both O'Reilly and Fish.

I can see them dropping the titles to Daniels and Kazarian at Field of Honor, then either splitting up, or my preferred option, stay together and go between singles and tags. I say this purely out of selfishness because if reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks vs. Bad Influence or even those three and vs. The Briscoes isn't on the Final Battle card, I'll be pissed!

I'm so glad to see O'Reilly doing well; I've been a big fan since the early days of Future Shock.

Hero needs to get his shit together. His "back on the indies" buzz is already starting to die and he is going to cost himself a lot of money if he can't stay in shape.

Lets be honest, his "I worked for WWE, book me" aura is dead. Hes been touring NOAH a lot though so if that's what makes him happy, good for him. Super Dragon might not keep booking him though. Dragon stopped booking Willie Mack because he got so out of shape and I'm pretty sure they were closer friends than Dragon/Hero. And if you lose PWG and you're not working for ROH, your bookings aren't going to be as high, even if you're Chris Hero. No doubt Gabe and CZW will be all over that though.

dbdxiitag1_0.jpg

Yep, this is gonna be awesome. DBDXII is shaping up to be a hell of a show.

It's a two nighter as well, and in Milwaukee and Chicago, two of the hottest ROH crowds there are. ROH's ability to keep momentum going this year is really admirable, more effort going into every show then in previous years.

From todays Observer:

An update from past weeks newsletters is the ROH PPV on 6/22 Best in the World did approximately 12,000 buys, which is in the same range of a current high-end TNA show and doesn't include the buys on iPPV which were higher than Global Wars or War of the World with NJPW. With far lower costs of production ROH comes out of this with a big plus, guaranteeing that if Final Battle pays off in December that their future in the PPV business could grow next year, something a company their size could take great advantage from with the exit of WWE. ROH have also solidified themselves as a genuine contender to TNA's PPV business which for them is a great indicator of their work in 2014.

Kevin+Steen+thumbs+up.jpg

Tons of stuff going on in the next few weeks, in fact ROH are running every weekend this month and in the first week of September. Try to break it all down.

PHILADELPHIA TV TAPING

8xopc7.jpg

ROH World Championship
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs Cedric Alexander

ROH World TV Championship
Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs ACH

First Time in ROH
The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian

The Briscoes vs War Machine (Hanson & Rowe)

Tommaso Ciampa vs Rocky Romero

The Returning Brian Kendrick vs "The Last Real Man" Silas Young

MOOSE vs RD Evans w/ Veda Scott & Ramon

The Decade's BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs vs Caprice Coleman & Takaaki Watanabe

Card looks real good, especially considering the absentees (more on that in the next paragraph). Elgin/Alexander will be a blast, all Cedric needs is a really good effort against Elgin and he'll look like a million bucks. Bucks/Daniels & Kaz should be a barn burner, as should Lethal/ACH. Brian Kendrick returning is random as hell but a win for Silas over Kendrick would be good. My biggest worry is Moose breaking The Streak. Moose is a good signing and good publicity but for the love of God don't let him break the streak!

As aforementioned, there are a few absent from the TV taping because they'll be in Japan representing ROH at the G1 Climax Finals in the Seibu Dome. Adam Cole, Michael Bennett, Maria and reDRagon will be there.

reDRagon challenge The Timesplitters (Alex Shelley and KUSHIDA) for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles.

Cole and Bennett (or The Kingdom) with Maria face Jushin Liger and Captain New Japan. I like that they're continuing Cole/Liger from WOTW, I hate that Captain New Japan is Liger's partner, because he's Captain New Japan and he's shit!

FIELD OF HONOR AT MCU PARK, BROOKLYN, NYC
ix3uhk.jpg

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 4 WAY MATCH
“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe

STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE ROH WORLD TV TITLE
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Matt Taven

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian

Cedric Alexander vs. ACH

Mark Briscoe vs New Japan's Watanabe

Rocky Romero vs Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

Tommaso Ciampa vs "The Last Real Man" Silas Young

SIGNED TO APPEAR....
- War Machine (Hanson & Rowe)
- The Decade
- Former NFL offensive lineman Quinn “Moose” Ojinnaka
- RD Evans w/ Veda Scott & Ramon
- Brutal Burgers (Cheeseburger & Brutal Bob)

I've no doubt The DECADE vs. War Machine will be added, and probably a rematch between Moose/RD no matter what the result of their TV taping match is.

Again, the card looks good. The main events all look like they could be ****+. The most interesting thing about this show will be how they'll do at a place as big as MCU Park. This place can fit 10,000 people! Apparently over 2,000+ tickets have been sold which means they'll beat TNA's attendance from last year which will probably please The Brooklyn Cyclones' executives, they're also promoting the shit out of the events which is what they need to do.

Then the following weekend they have the double shot in Milwaukee and Chicago for Death Before Dishonor XII, which are shaping up to be awesome on paper and they return to iPPV in September for All Star Extravaganza VI, which will hopefully see some good special guests (expecting Adam Pearce and Brian Kendrick, hoping for Alex Shelley alone or with KUSHIDA, Chris Sabin, Paul Lodnon and someone people won't see coming).

War Machine are quite good. They've gotten over quick too probably because they're so different to everyone else.

Also on the NJPW shows, reDRagon lost to Timesplitters and Kingdom defeated Captain New Japan and Liger when Bennett pinned CNJ after a Piledriver. They're building to a Liger/Cole rematch apparently.

I didn't see a single superkick or suicide dive. It was wonderful.

I probably would enjoy ROH more if half the roster didn't do that at least twice a match. :icon_neutral:

War Machine is pretty decent from that video you posted. Remind me a bit of the Wyatts, except not creepy.

If there is one among us who doesn't like; no, love reDRagon then I personally don't want to be on the same planet as you. Please purchase a rocket and fly yourself to the moon where you justly belong.

I didn't get to see the G-1 finals yet so I missed the reDRagon versus Time Splitters IWGP Jr. tag titles match, but I heard that it was really good(no surprise there).

Now I'm kind of hoping that its a realistic possibility that it leads to a rematch at All Star Extravaganza, with Shelley and KUSHIDA getting a shot at Kyle and Bobby's belts.

I didn't get to see the G-1 finals yet so I missed the reDRagon versus Time Splitters IWGP Jr. tag titles match, but I heard that it was really good(no surprise there).

Now I'm kind of hoping that its a realistic possibility that it leads to a rematch at All Star Extravaganza, with Shelley and KUSHIDA getting a shot at Kyle and Bobby's belts.

I have a feeling that Kaz and Daniels will take the titles at Field of Honor. I like Bad Influence, but I don't want reDRagon to lose the titles just yet.

ase6buckstagtitles1.jpg

They've a lot to do to live up to War of the Worlds, but my God, the excellence that could come from this is off the charts and it's another event where they'll be keeping reDRagon/Bucks/Bad Influence away from one another so I'm hoping we can get it at Final Battle.

Young Bucks are more anti-hero in ROH. They're too over with the crowds to be heels, they tried it when they got back and it didn't work, everything they did got cheered. reDRagon get cheered too but at least when they do bad things the fans boo, Young Bucks? Nah. Only thing I remember them getting booed for is not shaking reDRagon's hands after their match at WOTW, and that's because it was so great that the fans wanted to see the Code of Honor.

Plus, ROH is the last place alignments matter at times. Some of the best matches and feuds have been face vs. face, heel vs. heel. When Bryan and Nigel faced one another they'd go from heel vs. face, face vs. heel, heel vs. heel and finally face vs. face. Joe and Punk were both face when they faced one another in their trilogy. Joe and Kobashi were both face when they faced each other. And so on so forth. Millions of examples.

Now see, I get what you're saying. But I really want to see them all get punched in the face. And thus I must disagree with anyone who cheers any of them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back