General ROH Spam Thread

By "explosive television," do you mean "possible racism"?

Does JTG remember how to wrestle or will he be hiding in a cupboard somewhere eating Cheerios while Shad gets beaten up?

Bring Cryme Tyme in as heels and they might have a small run. Can't see the ROH audience taking to them. But then again when Matt Hardy returned I thought he'd suck too, I was pleasantly wrong.

For you Americans interested/thinking of ordering BITW but wondering if your local PPV provider is carrying it, here is a complete list.

ALLEGIANCE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC
ALPINE COMMUNICATIONS ANTIETAM
ARMSTRONG CABLE SERVICES
AT&T U-VERSE
ATLANTIC BROADBAND GROUP, LLC
BAJA BROADBAND
BASCOM COMMUNICATIONS
BEEHIVE BROADBAND
BELL CANADA SATELLITE
BERNARD TELEPHONE COMPANY
BREDA TELEPHONE CORPORATION
BRESNAN COMMUNICATIONS
BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS, LLC
BROADSTRIPE
BUCKEYE CABLE SYSTEM
CABLE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES
CABLE ONE
CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION
CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
CLARANCE TELEPHONE COMPANY
CLEAR LAKE INDEPENDENT TELEPHONE CO.
C-M-L TELEPHONE
COLO TELEPHONE COMPANY
COLUMBUS COMMUNICATIONS
COMCAST CORPORATION
COMPORIUM
COOPERATIVE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE
COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
DIRECTV
DISH NETWORK
DUMONT TELEPHONE COMPANY
DUNKERTON TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE
FIDELITY CABLE
FRONTIER
GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS
GRAND MOUND COOPERATIVE TELEPHONE
GRANDE COMMUNICATIONS
HOTWIRE COMMUNICATIONS
GREAT LAKES DSB
INDEMAND
INSIGHT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC.
INTERSTATE 35 TELEPHONE COMPANY
JAMES CABLE PARTNERS
KALONA COOPERATIVE TELEPHONE COMPANY
KNOLOGY HOLDINGS
LAMOTTE TELEPHONE COMPANY
LA PORTE CITY TELEPHONE COMPANY
LIBERTY CABLEVISION OF P.R.
LIBERTY COMMUNICATIONS
LOST NATION-ELWOOD TELEPHONE COMPANY
LUS FIBER
MECHANICSVILLE TELEPHONE COMPANY
MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION
METROCAST
MIDCONTINENT COMMUNICATIONS
MIDWEST VIDEO SOLUTIONS
MINBURN TELEPHONE COMPANY
NEW WAVE COMMUNICATIONS
NORTHERN IOWA COMMUNICATIONS
NORTHLAND COMMUNICATIONS
NPG OF ARIZONA, INC.
OLIN TELEPHONE COMPANY
PANORA COMMUNICATIONS COOPERATIVE
PENCOR SERVICES
RADCLIFFE TELEPHONE COMPANY
RANDOLPH TELEPHONE
RCN
READLYN TELEPHONE COMPANY
ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
SERVICE ELECTRIC CABLE TV
SOUTH SLOPE COOPERATIVE TELEPHONE
SUDDEN LINK
TIME WARNER CABLE
TOLEDO-BLADE
US CABLE
VERIZON
WAVE BROADBRAND
WEHCO VIDEO
WEBSTER-CALHOUN COOPERATIVE
WELLMAN COOPERATIVE TELEPHONE
WOW WAY
WINDJAMMER COMMUNICATIONS LLC
3 RIVERS COMMUNICATIONS

[YOUTUBE]sRegQZ4dgKg[/YOUTUBE]

:lmao:

I can't wait to see their match vs. reDRagon, easily the match I'm looking forward to the most.

Great fucking stuff from the Briscoes. If its his last match for ROH, I'm expecting Matt Hardy to really put it out there like a pro and bump around and take one hell of a beating on Sunday.

- Matt Sydal (a/k/a Evan Bourne) was seen hanging around backstage yesterday by several fans and even signed some autographs. Sydal is expected to rejoin Ring of Honor where he is a former ROH World Tag Team Champion once his 90 day no compete clause expires.

- Former ROH and ECW World Chanpion Jerry Lynn was also backstage at last nights show. It was Lynn’s first show since he retired from wrestling last year and he had a new look, having cut off his signature long hair which he had since the 1980′s. Lynn was said to be giving pointers to a lot of the wrestlers acting as sort of a road agent.

- ROH had plans to have a lighting truss above the ring but the building engineer said it was too old to be done, but there are plans to have one at future shows.

- Fans were lining up hours before the show actually began. The early attendance figure is that the show was sold-out, much like the January TV taping in the same arena, but because they used the second bleacher they were able to fit another couple hundred people in, so approximately 1,400 were in attendance for a sold-out show.

- ROH announced it would be returning to Nashville on 1/5/2015, which means Nashville has once again gotten ROH’s first TV taping of the year for a second year in a row.

Nashville is becoming ROH's new favorite place. Also, Todd Sinclair is a hero.

tumblr_n7lyth4yga1rqu47to1_400.gif

Hey DS any news on what Bauer was talking about last week

Court never said anything, Jon Pollock from The Fight Network did. IDK what he was talking about but he did say, "it was unlikely to happen", but it still seems like someone is going from ROH to TNA or TNA to ROH and it won't be Matt Hardy. Hardy did a podcast with Meltzer during the week and said hes told TNA he's not willing to leave ROH and has told ROH he won't mention them on TNA's TV as they have requested, so the Matt Hardy that appears in TNA is like in a different universe to the one in ROH.

Ill give a full review tomorrow but...

That girl with Jay Lethal and T.Martini...

GAWT DAYUM

+5 for ROH

Speaking of Jay Lethal.

His new entrance theme is easily my newest favorite in all of wrestling. It's something most movie producers would salivate to have over a villains entrance. It with the, "WE ARE THE HOUSE OF TRUTH" intro is awesome.

[YOUTUBE]BpKwbrL9GUA[/YOUTUBE]

Aye, it is very good.

This guy, however, has what may have become my favorite. this theme is fucking DOPE

[YOUTUBE]?v=B9uv4dZz1MY[/YOUTUBE]

Tommaso Ciampa in general is awesome. Dude deserved a much lengthier TV title reign but Lethal needed the TV title just as much if not more to solidify himself. I just hope Ciampa doesn't get lost in the shuffle over the next couple of months like many think he will.

Speaking of Jay Lethal.

His new entrance theme is easily my newest favorite in all of wrestling. It's something most movie producers would salivate to have over a villains entrance. It with the, "WE ARE THE HOUSE OF TRUTH" intro is awesome.

[YOUTUBE]BpKwbrL9GUA[/YOUTUBE]

Gods, that's so Nolan it hurts.

Edit: You know what? I'm proud of ROH. They've been doing very well by themselves, their wrestlers and their fans. I might not be a regular follower or supporter, but it's wonderful to see such hype and momentum happen for at least one wrestling company in the West when WWE and TNA are just staggering around like they went ten rounds with Tyson.

I know ROH have a lot longer reigns than most other promotions but why is it Austin Aries is the only guy to have had more than one world title reign??

Also do they have a UK subsidiary for merchandise??

I think Tommaso is a future ROH World champion, he's right on the verge of being a ME kind a guy, just needs a few solid feuds with current ME guys. I think by the time Elgin is ready to drop the belt, Tommaso could be ready, though Bennett & O'Rielly (once he decides to move toward singles action) also have world champ written all over them too.

I know ROH have a lot longer reigns than most other promotions but why is it Austin Aries is the only guy to have had more than one world title reign??

They've built a reputation around the World title where it's not easy to win, which honestly is the way it should be. Last year PWI magazine ranked it the fourth top World title in the world in-terms of prestige (and remember, PWI is all about the kayfabe), behind WWE's, the IWGP Heavyweight title (even though it's not a World title), the GHC Heavyweight title (same thing as the IWGP) and then the ROH one. Aries has two reigns with two different personas. Plus ROH wanted him to drop it to Tyler so Nigel didn't have to, but then put Jerry Lynn over Nigel for the title as a thank you to Lynn for all he did.

Also do they have a UK subsidiary for merchandise??

They used to, but not anymore. I order things through the website and it's relatively the same as if an American would buy it, except I pay the extra €3.89 for shipping. Best thing to do is buy in bulk. When I used to buy the DVD's I would buy a compilation and then two or three event DVD's instead of buying each one as they came out. The conversion rate also helps as the old UK website which was IPW's would charge the exact same in pounds/euros as ROH were in dollars which was a scam.

Alright, the good and the bad.

The production is upgraded to "serviceable" and I actually really like their little ROH gate thin that everyone comes out through. The theme music is still too quiet for the veiwers enjoyment, but it is better than when I watched the tv taping in January.

As always, I appreciate the way the product is presented. No frills, no uneeded shit comedy segments, none of it. Just work, and competition. Love that shit.

That girl who is with Truth Martini

The Briscoes are fucking awesome. Also, that match was nuts, but not in a stupid old school ECW way

Id love to see ACH and Caprice Coleman as a tag team in WWE

Fuck anyone who whines about the ring noise. That shit is awesome.

Silas Young has a future, for motherfucking sure. He has a sort of deep down nasty quality to him that is usually reserved for truckers who have been fired for going to jail on meth posession one too many times. Ten times more athletic than he looks, and is already very comfortable on the mic.

Everything on the card was serviceable. Except for the tv title match.

THE BAD

which was on of the worst matches ive ever seen.

the theme music, like I said

I hate to be one of "those people" but a lot of stereotypical ROH "style" stuff was going on. It was like EVERY MATCH every single person came down there with their own personal array of bombs, drivers, and flippies. It felt like the matches were more just trying to get every move in, instead of putting on good matches. Which is fine once or twice per card, but when the whole show feels like that, it gets monotonous and boring. Like, for fucks sake, could someone just grab a reverse chin-lock for a moment?

That said, I feel like the submission match was the best worked match on the card. Part of being because the rules and structure of the match FORCED it to be. I am not taking anything away from it, it was truly a damn good match.

Overall, I would say the submission match and the no DQ tag team match were the best matches, and were both damn good stacked up against any matches in the buisness. Everyone on the card truly busted their ass, that much was evident.

I enjoyed the show, but im still not quite convinced to be a regular viewer.

Alright, the good and the bad.

The production is upgraded to "serviceable" and I actually really like their little ROH gate thin that everyone comes out through. The theme music is still too quiet for the veiwers enjoyment, but it is better than when I watched the tv taping in January.

As always, I appreciate the way the product is presented. No frills, no uneeded shit comedy segments, none of it. Just work, and competition. Love that shit.

That girl who is with Truth Martini

The Briscoes are fucking awesome. Also, that match was nuts, but not in a stupid old school ECW way

Id love to see ACH and Caprice Coleman as a tag team in WWE

Fuck anyone who whines about the ring noise. That shit is awesome.

Silas Young has a future, for motherfucking sure. He has a sort of deep down nasty quality to him that is usually reserved for truckers who have been fired for going to jail on meth posession one too many times. Ten times more athletic than he looks, and is already very comfortable on the mic.

Everything on the card was serviceable. Except for the tv title match.

THE BAD

which was on of the worst matches ive ever seen.

the theme music, like I said

I hate to be one of "those people" but a lot of stereotypical ROH "style" stuff was going on. It was like EVERY MATCH every single person came down there with their own personal array of bombs, drivers, and flippies. It felt like the matches were more just trying to get every move in, instead of putting on good matches. Which is fine once or twice per card, but when the whole show feels like that, it gets monotonous and boring. Like, for fucks sake, could someone just grab a reverse chin-lock for a moment?

That said, I feel like the submission match was the best worked match on the card. Part of being because the rules and structure of the match FORCED it to be. I am not taking anything away from it, it was truly a damn good match.

Overall, I would say the submission match and the no DQ tag team match were the best matches, and were both damn good stacked up against any matches in the buisness. Everyone on the card truly busted their ass, that much was evident.

I enjoyed the show, but im still not quite convinced to be a regular viewer.

I haven't seen the show but I saw one of their big shows on Wrestlemania weekend.

I like the just wrestle idea too. The stories all take about ten seconds to explain and the whole thing is based on action. It's a genuine alternative to WWE and TNA, which is the right idea for a company like ROH.

ROH does indeed have good looking women.

The Briscoes matches in New Orleans were nuts too. I got to meet them before the show and they have some of the hardest handshakes you'll ever find.

ACH and Coleman would be a good way to open a house show or two.

I'm not wild on Young. He's not bad but I didn't get much out of him.

I definitely agree on the need to slow down. It's ok to let the fans breathe for a minute.

As usual you and I agree on the overall assessment: I can only take ROH in small doses.

I will never understand the, "they need to slow down" critique because if they slowed down they'd be doing the exact same thing as WWE does which is the same thing TNA does, so it would be the same style of wrestling in arenas with lesser production which would take away from what ROH is supposed to be. If you buy an ROH show you buy it for the action, you buy it for their style of wrestling, you buy it to see guys pull out all the stops - in reality, if wrestling is supposed to be a coreographed fight, wouldn't you use all your best moves to try and knock the guy you're fighting out? That critique will never phase me because if ROH was what more WWE-specific fans wanted it to be, it wouldn't be ROH, It'd be WWE-lie, which would be TNA-zero, and for the love of Christ if ROH's in-ring content was ever comparable to TNA then fuck it, I'd give up. They use the Japanese "fighting spirit" style and it always gains praise. If you watch an ROH show and don't analyze everything you'll enjoy the hell out of it because of the wrestling they exhibit.

I finally got to sit down and watch ROH's Best In The World, and man, that was pretty great all around. I have some random thoughts...

That submission match was really good, with a sick ending.

I have finally come around on redDRagon. I always overlooked them, and thought they didn't have it, but the little "fish tank" thing made me laugh and showed me the depth and dedication of their characters, and they put on a hell of a match, good to see Bad Influence again. I believe it now when they say that they are going to redefine what we think Tag Team wrestling is. They have the tools.

Briscoes are fucking awesome, nothing more said other than an amazing match. Looks like Hardy has been at them burgers again,lol.

As a Kevin Steen mark, it was great to see him win, and I grew more appreciation for Silas Young. Dude looks like a convict with no talent, but he blew me away with his aerial game, and he is believable. Someone told me he is related to Stan Hansen too, so that's cool.

And Congrats to Michael Elgin. I have been high on this guy for awhile, reminds me of a smash mouth mid-80s guy with a modern flair, and he is pretty bad ass, the way he finished of Adam Cole was brutal and awesome.

Looking forward to see "Moose" in action at some point. And I want to see BJ Whitmer get his nose ripped off, I don't know why but I just can't stand him.

Well, I'm done with my babbling,lol. Cheers.

AJ Styles has been confirmed for Field of Honor. So Styles will be missing the "Summer Heat Tour" (fuck I hate that name) but will then appear on the following five shows, which brings us into late September/early October where I imagine he'll be given a couple of shows off but then brought back in the run-in to Final Battle. Young Bucks won't be on Field of Honor but are expected to appear on the Summer Heat shows, Death Before Dishonor and some others.

With the Aftershock main event being announced as Elgin and War Machine against the Kingdom(Cole, Hardy, & Bennett) it occurred to me that ROH is in a unique position right now to put together one hell of a trios tournament. An eight team tournament could include a line-up something like:

Cole/Hardy/Bennett (The Kingdom- I dig that)
Elgin/War Machine (Unbreakable F'n Machines 2.0?)
The Decade(Strong/Jacobs/Whitmer)
Bullet Club(Styles/Young Bucks)
Shelley/KUSHIDA/Sabin (The Time Machine?)
ACH/Cedric/Caprice (Seems like a natural combo- AC&CH?)
Daniels/Kaz/Lethal (I think this grouping works too, Bad Influence and Truth mesh plus there is history with these guys)

As a final team they could possibly just pair someone with the Brisco brothers(Ciampa?) or reDRagon(Watanabe?, just definitely not Silas- reDRagon is too hipster and metro for him to take seriously). But my first choice would be a team representing Chaos; maybe either The Hooligans or Jado/Gedo team with either Okada or Nakamura(or even Ishii, I'd love to see him brought over).

Anyone else dig the idea or have other team suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back