General ROH Spam Thread

I think you'll find that's SHUNsuke Nakamura who used to play for Celtic. He's still going, surprisingly enough.

It's good to see ROH expanding as well. Let's hope they didn't fall into the trap TNA did, if they reach the stage TNA did in late 2009, by signing name value people and becoming too "TV like".

I think you'll find that's SHUNsuke Nakamura who used to play for Celtic. He's still going, surprisingly enough.

It's good to see ROH expanding as well. Let's hope they didn't fall into the trap TNA did, if they reach the stage TNA did in late 2009, by signing name value people and becoming too "TV like".

Cornette already tried it. Fans rejected it and shit all over it, hes now unemployed. Don't think further detail is required.

Just leaving this here so I have somewhere convenient to hype myself up.

ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
AJ Styles (c) vs. Michael Elgin

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (c) vs. The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe)

ROH World Title Match
Adam Cole (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

ROH World Television Title Match
Jay Lethal (w/Truth Martini) (c) vs. KUSHIDA

Singles Match
Kevin Steen vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Singles Match
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Michael Bennett (w/Maria Kanellis)

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)

Singles Match
Cedric Alexander vs. Kazuchika Okada

Tag Team Match
Gedo & Jado vs. The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Roderick Strong)

Six Man Tag Team Match
ACH, Matt Taven & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) & Takaaki Watanabe

Singles Match
Caprice Coleman vs. Silas Young

The only interpromotional match I don't think I can predict the result of is Steen/Nakamura. Regardless, that is one hell of a card.

They're promoting the fucking hell out of this show too by the way, and not local stuff, they've been on national radio and TV over the past 24 hours.

Adam Cole became the first ROH guy to appear on Sam Roberts' radio show to promote the show. Cole also appeared on a show for Viacom Studios (isn't TNA with Viacom in some sense?) and appeared with ROH dojo graduate Mandy León on some VH1 talk show this morning. He'll be appearing on Busted Open Radio later today and at ROH's "landing party" which to their credit is taking place on a street just off Times Square which is easy to find and will sure to attract a lot of people.

Not to mention Gillian Jacobs from Community has plugged the show and Tom Lawlor from UFC is continuing to plug his appearance at the show and reDRagon.

I don't know if Court Bauer learnt all these promotional skills in WWE or not, he obviously made some serious connections, but the way he markets ROH makes it seem like a big deal. Dude has gotten people featured in music videos, charity campaigns, state newspapers and more in the last five months. Guy really is a hype machine.

Just to say, reDRagon = the best. Easily the funniest ROH moment since Davey Richards humping the turnbuckle at Night of Hoopla. I actually really liked the way it was shot too, but Bobby Fish, Jesus.

"I'm not taking my chances in the backseat!"

7rfzKsP.gif

Can't wait for this next show, card looks great from top to bottom. Expecting a much better show than the first one, which isn't to say it was bad, because it absolutely wasn't, just a tad bit underwhelming.

I don't know why but I have a good feeling about Cole vs. Liger. I know Liger has deteriorated quite a bit over the years in the ring due to injuries but something about the match up with Cole is intriguing to me, I feel like their styles will mesh well together and the match could be a real sleeper hit.

Well as others I see are putting it, the reality is this.

Liger turns 50-years-old in a few months. He does overseas matches and pulls out some big moves, he doesn't in NJPW because they want to protect him because they know he is a solid draw and legend to this day. This will probably be Liger's final big American match, he's not going to work for WWE, he can't work for TNA because NJPW wouldn't allow it, so this is it. It's also for a major title against one of the best young talents in all of wrestling. Liger has reason to do little bits more than he usually does.

Liger can turn it on and he won't have been deaf to the fact that he got the biggest pop for a NJPW guy. He can coast in multi-man tags but three or four times a year he knocks the safety off and goes for it. I'm just repeating the above but I have a good feeling that it'll be a solid match at worst.

Is Steen done then?

His contract reportedly doesn't expire until July. He's not booked for ROH's next double-shot weekend in Collinsville and Carbondale, Illinois so last night was pretty much a way for them to set-up Steen/Young for Best In The World (which he is booked for). After that Steen might step away, whether it's for WWE or not, who knows, but I don't see him being in ROH come August. If he is I'll be somewhat surprised.

Steen was what got me back into ROH after Cornette pushed me away from the product, if he is in fact leaving then he'll be greatly missed (by me at least). Thankfully ROH has a shit load of great talent to fill the void left by Steen. With more great talent coming in every week (thanks largely to TNA).

I actually think a short Steen/Young feud could be awesome. In one promo Young made you believe Steen wanted to kill him. WWE gives Dolph Ziggler free range on promos every week on the WWE App and he can't even make you believe he's interesting!

Steen apparently did a tryout for WWE not too long ago and got high marks for his talking ability and workmanship, so don't be shocked if they sent out some feelers to him in the coming weeks and he winds up signing a developmental deal with them. If anyone deserves it for working his ass off and not having the "traditional" pro wrestling look, it's Steen. In the modern WWE with talkers like Ambrose I think he would do great. They could even re-unite him with Zayn as a tag team and give the WWE fans a taste of one of the best indy tag teams of the last decade.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he just takes time off and resigns a new deal with ROH either though. Could go either way. But I think WWE would be foolish to pass up signing him, obviously.

The advantage of letting Steen go though is he's obviously one of the top earners. His exit would free up money to bring in some new faces, or familiar ones.

I'd prefer if they brought in a big name guy off the indies. They already have Daniels and Kaz, I can't see Sabin costing that much and ROH hasn't signed a top indie talent in awhile. Drew Gulak just lost the CZW World Heavyweight title, he for example would fit into ROH like a pedophile into a Barney suit.

Just watched my first full length episode of ROH. Would you say May 17th's offering was a standard output?

Was it Baltimore with Styles/Elgin or New Orleans? I imagine it was New Orleans, if so, then not really. It's a solid episode but the New Orleans crowd were shite. The first night they were great (ask KB) but the second day despite something like 900 of them being there it sounded like there was 50. I genuinely think it was a ton of people clueless on ROH who heard good stuff about the first say who decided to check the second day out.

In other news, Observer had a couple ROH notes.

Gedo and Jado were very impressed by Adam Cole's performances on both nights and are interested in bringing him into NJPW in the future. They felt his performance with Liger was extremely strong.

Both promotions were delighted with both shows and are enthusiastic about the working relationship. ROH were extremely happy with the business they done as they are keeping most of the profit, while NJPW feel the shows showed them they can gain a foothold in the States working with a company like ROH.

Happy to see more of Cole in NJPW, there's something quite Ric Flair about him and I don't just mean use of the Figure-4. If they could get shut of some of the gaijin dross (assorted NWA pillocks, Benjamin, Killer Elite Squad) in NJPW then I'd be happy to have him turn up.

Still making my way through Global Wars, but I come baring peculiar fruit.

It was really easy to find torrents for the latest ROH events. I wouldn't promote such a thing, except that normally they are tough gets. Before them, there's only stuff relating to Punk and friends, and worse still for NJPW.

Its not the best sign that things are going in the right direction, but both supply and demand are noticeably up.

Really fantastic news if there's more cooperation. The more money that ROH can start pulling in right now, the better. What I wouldn't give for them to take the next step in TV broadcasting and really get on national cable or something.

Still making my way through Global Wars, but I come baring peculiar fruit.

It was really easy to find torrents for the latest ROH events. I wouldn't promote such a thing, except that normally they are tough gets. Before them, there's only stuff relating to Punk and friends, and worse still for NJPW.

Its not the best sign that things are going in the right direction, but both supply and demand are noticeably up.

I am on a torrent site and there is a ton of ROH stuff up there. The difference between it and say WWE is, ROH doesn't make enough content. Average of three shows a month, sometimes four, it won't really be noticed, which is why some people say WWE saturates the market, but the fact ROH is able to still create an impressive amount of buzz through stuff like they have in recent weeks is a testament to what they're doing is good.

Was it Baltimore with Styles/Elgin or New Orleans? I imagine it was New Orleans, if so, then not really. It's a solid episode but the New Orleans crowd were shite. The first night they were great (ask KB) but the second day despite something like 900 of them being there it sounded like there was 50. I genuinely think it was a ton of people clueless on ROH who heard good stuff about the first say who decided to check the second day out.

In other news, Observer had a couple ROH notes.

It was the Baltimore episode I believe with Elgin and Styles in the main event and reDRagon earlier in the night.

It was the Baltimore episode I believe with Elgin and Styles in the main event and reDRagon earlier in the night.

Ah, well that would be close to the standard episode of ROH, I guess. It varies, like Raw. Some weeks are better than others because some tapings are great and others, not so much. Baltimore - despite ROH's office now being located there as well as Sinclair Broadcasting - was the most disappointing taping of the year thus far and that's only because the crowd didn't turn out as expected (800 were there, they expected over 1,000). They moved arena, and not close by either, like the whole way across town. IDK why they did it because the previous arena was much better but it looks like they're trying to run two arenas in each city instead of the same one again and again.

Ah, well that would be close to the standard episode of ROH, I guess. It varies, like Raw. Some weeks are better than others because some tapings are great and others, not so much. Baltimore - despite ROH's office now being located there as well as Sinclair Broadcasting - was the most disappointing taping of the year thus far and that's only because the crowd didn't turn out as expected (800 were there, they expected over 1,000). They moved arena, and not close by either, like the whole way across town. IDK why they did it because the previous arena was much better but it looks like they're trying to run two arenas in each city instead of the same one again and again.

I just wanted something to gauge the sort of style and format of the show against my interests yasee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back