General ROH Spam Thread

Best In The World card prediction time...

World Title: Cole vs. Elgin
announced

Tag Titles: reDRagon vs. Bad Influence
considered likely by credible sources

TV Title: Lethal w/Martini vs. Taven
my logic: it feels too soon for another multi-man match between the current "holy trinity" of this division, so I think Taven gets the nod for the match here and possibly gets his hands on Truth before Lethal can retain

The Briscoes vs. War Machine vs. Matt Hardy and Micheal Bennett
my logic: it lets Jay get his hands on Hardy and stacks the deck against Cole's backup to try and take them out before the main event

Steen vs. Silas Young
my logic: this was set up at War of the Worlds and I could see it happening with some type of No-DQ stipulation

Strong vs. Alexander
my logic: this seems like the destined time for the blow-off to this feud and it will likely be a gimmick match of some type

Whitmer and Thomas vs. Coleman and ACH
my logic: this plays off of the Caprice/Decade feud and also the Adrenaline Rush break-up

I expect Jacobs will not be involved in either of those Decade matches at all as he will likely be at the Chikara show in Detroit that day. I'd also expect that RD Evans will be at the Chikara show so we sadly won't see the continuation of the #NewStreak either.

So my wild card for a match to fill out the show is-
Ciampa vs. Watanabe
my logic: this would be a great show of faith by ROH to NJPW to feature Watanabe on PPV and its gets Ciampa on the card and allows him a showcase to go over in what would likely be a "competitive squash"

The last match is just me spit-balling, but I could see the final card looking very similar to this. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ethan Page get a shot on the show, and it would be huge for Chris Sabin to be added(if he doesn't have a booking for anyone else that night).

Sabin isn't booked at all, so its plausible. That's pretty much how I think the card will shape out. Something could happen at the Road to... shows to possibly set-up Whitmer/Corino though, as they're still at one another.

Christopher Daniels and his "mystery partner" have been added to all of ROH's summer dates following Best In The World, so Cincinatti, Michigan and Philadelphia. Seems like Bad Influence will be full-time as I expected.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=277111

Might be something of interest if you're willing to come out of your cave.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the thread - sort of came across like KJ was trying to see if there was interest in an ROH section on the forum. Oddly enough Wrestling Forum is planning on implementing their ROH section after Best In The World, so definitely something you mods should discuss. All depends on traffic/interest I guess.

As for ROH, lots of news coming out of the Newsletter, I can't be bothered pasting it all, it's probably the most ROH news Meltzer has done in years, which is a good sign.

- Christopher Daniels has signed an ROH contract believed to be for one-year. Once Kaz leaves TNA it's expected he'll sign one too.

- Adam Cole and Michael Elgin did small "try outs" for Gedo and Jado, and they were impressed with Cole and will be negotiating with ROH to bring him over soon, possibly for G1 as an ROH representative as they need more participants this year to make numbers. Michael Elgin however didn't pass their test (for me as a big Elgin fan who knows a good deal about him that's a big knock for him, hope it drives him to do better.)

- The advanced ticket sales for ROH's Field of Honor show at Brooklyn Cyclones' MCU Park have been good and they plan to stack the show with fly ins and guests. It takes place the weekend after G1 in NJPW so AJ Styles is expected to be announced in a few weeks, they'll also add Daniels and Kaz and possibly bring in some special guest like Paul London.

- War of the Worlds is now ROH's highest selling iPPV "by a distance" and exceeded their expectations. Global Wars met their expectations. ROH are hopeful that the way the shows went It'll prove to fans that their iPPV issues are finally solved.

- Takkaki Wanatabe will be working regularly for ROH going forward on his excursion from NJPW. NJPW - like they do with all their young boys - see a lot of potential in Wanatabe and are hoping ROH can do what TNA didn't which is use their talent one excursion better. NJPW are trusting ROH due to the way they've used Japanese talent in the past like KENTA and Morishima.

- Everyone in the company is happy with Court Bauer's influence on the company thus far. ROH did a lot of media in the build to War of the Worlds and Global Wars and it made the roster feel a lot more like "stars". Adam Cole was the center of media attention because ROH views him as the franchise now that Kevin Steen is expected to leave and because Cole has a good way of carrying himself. Some of his media appearances included visiting sick patients at a Toronto hospital with Jay Lethal, appearing on VH1's Gossip Table with ROH dojo student Mandy Leon, appearing at Viacom Studios with Leon, becoming the first ever ROH roster member to be interviewed by Sam Roberts and do several interviews/radio shows in the build up to the shows. ROH are also happy with the coverage they got from the shows from people like TMZ.

bitwmatchbriscoeshardybennettmp4still001.jpg

MATT HARDY, THE ICON, IS BACK ON PPV! YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO BUY THAT SHIT!

I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the thread - sort of came across like KJ was trying to see if there was interest in an ROH section on the forum. Oddly enough Wrestling Forum is planning on implementing their ROH section after Best In The World, so definitely something you mods should discuss. All depends on traffic/interest I guess.

TNA doesn't get much traffic these days though. Maybe rebrand TNA as Independent Wrestling and fold it with General Wrestling Discussion?

I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the thread.

This.

It was an interesting read to see KillJoy's take on ROH's current growth and apparent ascending place in the landscape, but I don't really see where the discussion was expected to go.

I do expect ROH topics to eventually start to pick up steam on the General Wrestling non-spam board in the next few months, the company is making too many moves and putting out too great of a product right now for it not to, and I'll be glad to contribute to that. I kinda saw that thread as KJ encouraging that trend to get started, and seeing as he is mod of that board I think that's a very respectable move on his part.

That's what I'm aiming for. I want more topics on ROH, NJPW, AAA, etc. instead of the ever generic "fave triple threat spot" thread. There used to be an Indys forum section.

Because I'm not American I can't order the PPV but even with the card as is it's definitely worth the price of the iPPV on uStream, which was great for Global Wars and War of the Worlds. I'm just excited/anticipating the reDRagon vs. Bad Influence match. If a "dream match" is a match you can see in your head as being phenomenal I see it as a bit of a dream match. Few tag teams going are as good as both reDRagon or Bad Influence. And if they want to add Hanson and Rowe, fine, those two guys are extremely talented despite their big statures.

Because I'm not American I can't order the PPV but even with the card as is it's definitely worth the price of the iPPV on uStream, which was great for Global Wars and War of the Worlds. I'm just excited/anticipating the reDRagon vs. Bad Influence match. If a "dream match" is a match you can see in your head as being phenomenal I see it as a bit of a dream match. Few tag teams going are as good as both reDRagon or Bad Influence. And if they want to add Hanson and Rowe, fine, those two guys are extremely talented despite their big statures.

You can order it on uStream too? Is it the same price there?

It's a simulcast so It'll be iPPV too, I think it's mostly for international fans like myself but I don't see how that would stop Americans from ordering it. I'm not sure about the price for iPPV. I assume It'll be the same which some will say is silly but at the same time, the more avenues people can watch, the more people will watch, the better.

I believe the plan is for the show to be $24.95 on both Ustream IPPV and standard definition PPV. Not sure about the price for HD.

They replied on Twitter saying the price for HD would be the PPV providers choice.

Is Aj projected to get booked?

No, he's working in NJPW the night before and can't appear. Although he said he could, neither he nor ROH feels it would be right - he'd have to get straight on a plane from Tokyo to Nashville, which is a long ass flight and would have to go straight to the arena, making it only if there are no delays which is unlikely. His next appearance is their MCU Field show they took from TNA called Field of Honor in Brooklyn.

Evan Bourne was released... Would very much like to see a return of Matt Sydal to ROH. Npt sure if he burned any bridges though. Could also easily see him in Dragon Gate.

Evan Bourne was released... Would very much like to see a return of Matt Sydal to ROH. Npt sure if he burned any bridges though. Could also easily see him in Dragon Gate.

Sydal is known for being extremely tight with Delirious, so he hasn't burnt any bridge and hes attended ROH events backstage as recently as this year, as Kevin Steen got him on a Weekend Escapade once. I could see him doing DGUSA once or twice but Gabe has said previously he's not getting as much funding as he used to from Dragon Gate representatives, which is why now he has his core roster (Ricochet, Hero, Gargano, AR Fox, Taylor, Swann) and just a pick of indy guys not all that many people want to see.

The WWE talent cuts yesterday are going to have everybody saying "RoH/TNA/GFW/Whatever Indy promotion should sign this guy or whatever". Most of it is just fanboyism and makes little actual sense.

But I think a reformed Cryme Tyme vs. The Briscoes could make for some explosive television that pushes boundaries. Somebody should hook that up, even for just a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back