General ROH Spam Thread

Right, now that I'm home.

I'm very happy with this. Why am I very happy with this? Ring of Honor is now going to be listed on pay-per-view on every major satellite and cable provider in America. But, it it still going to be available on iPPV on uStream. Just to put this into context, TNA does not have an Internet mechanism for people to watch their PPV's, but WWE and ROH now do.

After listening to Heyman on Austin's show earlier on, first thing I thought about is what he said. Distribution. This right here is great distribution. ROH now has a TV program that reaches 38.7% of American households, it has two of the biggest events of this year not just in the company, but in ALL of wrestling coming up in a few weeks, and now it has live PPV and will continue to have iPPV going forward on its belt.

It's another step forward for the company. Whether you like or hate it, it is something everyone should appreciate. There is only one true step forward they have left if they ever choose to take it, and that's primetime TV. AJ Styles said in an interview to hype Second to None he thinks if ROH keeps putting on shows like it has this year It'll get it and provide a true alternative to WWE. Because that is what ROH strives off, it is an alternative to the top product.

Very happy with this, can't wait for Best in the World, can't wait for Global Wars and War of the Worlds, extremely excited that the promotion I've followed has taken this step forward.

$24 is what I read. I'd be down for supporting this anyway, if I could on this end of the pond.

It'll be on iPPV on the Internet as well as being on PPV. And ROH will be providing that stream through the satellite feed so there is no harm of it stalling/freezing. Not to mention... if you really want to, you can watch it for free ;)

One thing I hate though is that they've moved shows to Sunday as opposed to the usual Saturday.

Sunday's are just the more traditional PPV night choice. I like it, because I'm often busy on Saturday nights. Well, not this Saturday night, but fuck you, I've got a kidney infection and can't move very much.

Haven't watched ROH in awwwwhhiiillleeeee. Like since December of 2012. Anything amazing that I need to check out immediately?

Sunday's are just the more traditional PPV night choice. I like it, because I'm often busy on Saturday nights. Well, not this Saturday night, but fuck you, I've got a kidney infection and can't move very much.

Haven't watched ROH in awwwwhhiiillleeeee. Like since December of 2012. Anything amazing that I need to check out immediately?

Loads & loads of stuff, but you can start with AJ/Elgin 1

[youtube]DflSRFzzYJk[/youtube]

Loads & loads of stuff, but you can start with AJ/Elgin 1

[youtube]DflSRFzzYJk[/youtube]

Hey two wrestlers I love in a 20+ minute match, something tells me I might like this. Thanks Justin.

Was shocked when I started getting back into wrestling during the Mania hype and read about Styles leaving TNA and the paycut they were trying to give him. Oh well, their loss is ROH's major gain. Isn't Hero back in ROH too? Any other big names return/debut in the last year?

Starting Elgin/AJ now. Slightly annoying to hear a "This is Awesome" chant trying to be started before they've even locked up, but luckily it dies.

Paul London has come back here & there for a few matches, & then several guys from Japan have done shows too. Ciampa returned from injury, & Homicide & Eddie Kingston are back as well.

If you're looking for full shows to watch, the ones I paid to see this year were

• Border Wars 2013
  • Best In The World '13
  • All Star Extravaganza V
  • Manhattan Mayhem V
  • Road To Greatness Night 2
  • Death Before Dishonor XI
  • Final Battle '13

All good shows, I'm planning on watching Supercard of Honor VIII tomorrow when I get home

Elgin/Styles was great though kind of underwhelming in the beginning. I guess I was expecting an Elgin/Richards style match, but both guys honestly seemed to just be going through the motions for the first portion of the match. It picked up really well around the midway point though and smoked the rest of the way until the lame time limit draw. Man that last five minutes or so was awesome though. **** star ish.

Elgin/Styles was great though kind of underwhelming in the beginning. I guess I was expecting an Elgin/Richards style match, but both guys honestly seemed to just be going through the motions for the first portion of the match. It picked up really well around the midway point though and smoked the rest of the way until the lame time limit draw. Man that last five minutes or so was awesome though. **** star ish.

They're having another match tonight at Second To None, I don't think that's a TV taping so it'll likely have none of that time limit draw BS, I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing that match.

Also you heard about the two ROH/New Japan shows right?

[youtube]azptCGFyEP8[/youtube]

Why I most certainly did not! Like I said, totally out of the loop for a long time. I kept an eye on the WWE for awhile but kind of ignored the indies and Japan.

Damn my crazy psycho ex. Thank goodness my new girlfriend understands that sometimes a dude needs to watch one man slam another man through a table and so forth every now and then.

BIG spoiler from the TV taping.

AJ Styles has lost his first clean match since leaving TNA to Michael Elgin. That is such an incredible rub for Elgin.

This morning ROH announced on Twitter that due to credit card payments not going through, 40 tickets has been made available for War of the Worlds in NYC.

45 minutes later ROH announced the event was again sold-out.

Poetic stuff.

Cards have been released for ROH/NJPW Global Wars and War of the Worlds.

GLOBAL WARS
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
MAY 10, 2014
LIVE ON iPPV ON USTREAM

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada & Gedo

Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (c)

**On 5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan The Young Bucks will defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against Forever Hooligans. The winners of that match will defending their championships in this three way contest.

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole defends against “Mr Wrestling” Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. “Last Real Man” Silas Young

Also Signed to Appear
Mark & Jay Briscoe
Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Tadarius Thomas
ACH
Cedric Alexander

While it isn't a very strong card initially, I kind of agree with their decision to not put out a crazy good card. I mean, matches on there are still going to be great, lets be honest has ROH done Border Wars and promoted just Steen vs. Cole for the ROH World Championship like they did in 2012 when Steen initially won the title from Davey, show would have been packed and shit, but yes it could have been much better, however I understand why they'd do it.

WAR OF THE WORLDS
MANHATTAN, NEW YORK
MAY 17, 2014
LIVE ON iPPV ON USTREAM

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
*5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th*

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Also Signed to Appear
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (ROH)
Gedo & Jado (NJPW)
The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (NJPW)
Takaaki Watanabe (NJPW)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Adam Page (ROH)
ACH (ROH)
Matt Taven (ROH)
Cedric Alexander (ROH)
Tommaso Ciampa (ROH)
Silas Young (ROH)
Caprice Coleman (ROH)

And then that card is just stacked and there are still a ton of names they can put into matches. I think they're pushing it with all the names signed to appear, especially on ROH's side (no reason to have Caprice Coleman there for example) but the card is just phenomenal on paper from start to end. I'll even defend Bennett vs. Tanahashi against ANYONE on the grounds of how much Bennett has came on over the past year and how he keeps having good match after good match. If this isn't a reward of sort it's definitely a chance for him to break out.

Cole or Steen vs. Liger & Shelley coming home to ROH is all I needed, buy both these shows now. I marked loud & hard when I saw the Alex Shelley announcement, sooooo fucking excited for that match.

Ooooohhhhh, Okada vs. Elgin and Nakamura vs. Steen or Cole? Sign me right up. They could have found someone better for Tanahashi than Bennett though.

Ooooohhhhh, Okada vs. Elgin and Nakamura vs. Steen or Cole? Sign me right up. They could have found someone better for Tanahashi than Bennett though.

Bennett has vastly improved over the past couple of years, I have faith that he'll have a great match with Tanahashi

He was definitely improving when I last watched him, which, granted, was the tail end of 2012. I really enjoyed his series of matches with Lance Storm. But I don't know, it just feels like a wasted opportunity with Tanahashi, the guy is absolute dynamite, probably one of if not the best worker in the world. I'm sure they'll have a good match but I would have preferred seeing him face off with someone like Adam Cole.

Tanahashi is being protected a little from injuries and presumably ahead of the G1, I'm sure it'll be a fine match but not the showstealer. NYC card looks unbelievably good.

Does anyone know why reDRgon never wrestles in Toronto?

They are booked for Toronto here, just not signed to a match yet. I have a feeling they'll be put up against The Briscoes as I don't see any other team they can face, but the card there is still so cramped for a 3 hour 30 minute show. From what I know though, O'Reilly has issues crossing the border to work because he was caught lying at the border once about working in America. No idea about Fish.

Also with Christopher Daniels done with TNA, and Kaz said to be following in early May, would a Bad Influence in ROH debut be better on one of these shows or at Best In The World? Lets be honest, it's going to happen.

They are booked for Toronto here, just not signed to a match yet. I have a feeling they'll be put up against The Briscoes as I don't see any other team they can face, but the card there is still so cramped for a 3 hour 30 minute show. From what I know though, O'Reilly has issues crossing the border to work because he was caught lying at the border once about working in America. No idea about Fish.

I thought O'Riley lived in Canada though...

Also with Christopher Daniels done with TNA, and Kaz said to be following in early May, would a Bad Influence in ROH debut be better on one of these shows or at Best In The World? Lets be honest, it's going to happen.

I'd say BITW, these cards are already stacked, & with BITW being ROH first PPV, having recognizable names like Daniels & Kazarian debuting on the show could only help in increasing PPV buys.

Yeah. If you ever get a chance to check it out, Steen Show interview with SSB is about 30 minutes of them talking about issues getting across the border. Super Smash Brothers haven't wrestled in America for nearly a year now. They got letters from the Canadian government telling them they were no longer allowed through the border until they pay some crazy fine.

1398357525-globalwars.png
1398357525-wotw.png

I think the posters are kick ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back