General ROH Spam Thread

Watched Flyin' High yesterday. Show is pretty good, not Raising the Bar or Wrestling's Finest but for a show that many were saying was a "B" show it delivers some pretty good wrestling.

Cedric vs. Elgin is great. Alexander is going to be a star. Dude has everything it takes to be ROH World Champion someday. I'm way too excited for him vs. Roddy at Supercard, think they could have a show stealing match. Will be interesting to see who picks up the "W".

AJ Styles vs. Chris Hero is a very, very hard hitting match. Took me by surprise actually. I think if Hero has any plans of someday getting back into WWE this style isn't what he should be doing. Very striking. He hits AJ with a Spinning Yakuza Kick and nearly knocks his head off. AJ also seemed to have a problem in his mouth because he was sticking his fingers in there at the end of the match. Post-match I was happy to see The DECADE finally attack Hero. Hero vs. Whitmer, Strong and Jacobs are all going to be good singles matches, and hopefully we can get a big six man at some point with The DECADE vs. Hero, Alexander and someone else (possibly Styles or Paul London).

Main event was a bit better than the TV main event from last week. Michael Bennett has came on so much, yet ROH fans aren't going to give him the credit he deserves. The guy will literally have to kill himself to win a majority over. Can see him being TV Champion by the end of the year if not Alexander or even Ciampa. People talk about how strong the main event is this year, look at the midcard! You got Ciampa, Alexander, Bennett, Mark Briscoe, Silas Young, Matt Taven, whoever Truth Martini's secret client is will probably be in there too, and more!

And the roll of good attendances has continued. Dudes over at PWPonderings did a good rundown of them so far which looks like this.

ROH January TV Taping: 1,200 - sold-out.
ROH Wrestling's Finest: 1,100 - sold-out.
ROH State of the Art: 700
ROH 12th Anniversary Show: 1,200
ROH February TV Taping: 600
ROH Raising the Bar Night 1: 700 - sold-out.
ROH Raising the Bar Night 2: 900
ROH Flyin' High: 800.

Will be interesting to see how Supercard does. Show isn't located in the best possible place, some people have to go out their way to get there, and considering the Alario Center is built to hold 2,000 people, they probably won't sell it out but will get a good crowd nonetheless. Supercard oddly doesn't feel like a "big" show probably due to Global Wars and War of the Worlds coming up.

Just as I got done watching Styles vs. Elgin, I go to ROH's website and they have announced Styles vs. Elgin II for the Baltimore TV taping in two weeks.

Awesome news, considering the TV match despite being 30 minutes long left me wanting more, and considering the fans were chanting "five more minutes", I think everyone wanted more. Will post a link to it when it becomes available later in the week because it's a pretty damn good match, ROH MOTYC, but considering a rematch is already set I can only see them topping it.

Imagine if the Briscoes weren't being wasted in ROH and were instead a tag team on RAW managed by Zeb.

Just some positivity :)

2100? Who possibly said that?

Number going around is 2,000+ due to their being four rows of ten on one side and five rows of 20 on two sides, with the bleachers taken into account that were pretty packed. Not to mention the ticket allocation was 2,500 and an hour before the show only a few hundred GA seats remained, which were people in the stands/bleachers whatever you want to call them. And to top it off, that's the approx number Alvarez is reporting and he was at the show, and judging from the pictures on his Twitter he had a full view of the arena.

The bleachers were far from packed. The upper part was about half full. I was at the show as well and was looking straight at the entrance, meaning I could see both sides. The max capacity for the arena is 2,400 and it wasn't full, plus part of it was covered by the set. 2,100 isn't accurate.

The bleachers were far from packed. The upper part was about half full. I was at the show as well and was looking straight at the entrance, meaning I could see both sides. The max capacity for the arena is 2,400 and it wasn't full, plus part of it was covered by the set. 2,100 isn't accurate.

Well they put up a more detailed review this morning and said, "the crowd turnout was very impressive. If not over it just shy of 2,000. One part was curtained off and the upper balcony was about half full, but for an event without Styles or Chris Hero no doubt ROH will be happy. And it's good to see for a non-WWE event this weekend as others aren't drawing well."

No matter the figure, hope you enjoyed the show.

I'd say closer to 1500. Good crowd just not that big.

It wasn't bad but the fans were getting restless around the TV TItle match.

Every review I've found so far says over 2,000 people turned out...

Some pictures
Bka5q_eCAAEbFiI.jpg

BkcGDbvIQAAZD7z.jpg

I wonder if ROH is planning on slicing this show up & turning it into a month of TV tapings. I really hope not, I hate when they do that for bigger shows like this.

Also KB once the show goes up during the week and I watch it I am genuinely interested in getting your thoughts/review. Who you liked, didn't like, etc.

Yeah they announced that they're doing TV this afternoon in the same building.

I'll be doing the full review as soon as I can find a copy of the show online. I'm assuming you saw my brief (as in page and a half long) look at it?

Ring of Honor is scheduled to make an announcement later this week that will "move the company forward in a major way", PWInsider.com has learned.
There was a lot of discussion backstage among wrestlers for the company that the promotion will be issuing an announcement later this week.

ROH just announced a return to iPPVs for next month with their 5/10 and 5/17 New Japan Pro Wrestling joint shows, so that isn't what this announcement is about.

PWInsider.com is working to try and confirm the announcement, but after speaking to a number of people today, we are told there is something on the horizon that promotion will be releasing details of in the next several days. So, stay tuned.

http://pwinsider.com/article/84829/...ouncement-slated-for-later-this-week.html?p=1

There's surely only one thing it could be, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but... national TV in the States? Surely not. ;)

Ring of Honor has delayed their big announcement in respect to The Ultimate Warrior’s death. The company felt that making the announcement on a week like this would be disrespectful and also the announcement wouldn’t garner as much attention as they would hope. The announcement will be revealed in the coming days and is expected to be a big move forward for the company.

Fuckin' Warrior! Still excited for it, whatever it is Court Bauer has plugged it to be huge, and thus far considering anything he has said is big has turned out to be big, this should be interesting.

Also, Hanson and Rowe have signed two year contracts, and TIM DONST is going to be on Future of Honor 1. I've been campaigning for that dude to be signed by ROH for an eternity, glad he finally gets a chance.

Serious question: Isn't Sinclair a syndication network that consequently holds a stranglehold on all ROH productions? How can they get a national television spotlight?

Serious question: Isn't Sinclair a syndication network that consequently holds a stranglehold on all ROH productions? How can they get a national television spotlight?

It's its parent company that many believe, or in Wade Keller's accounts, has been told by Sinclair executive and ROH COO Joe Koff, that if the right TV deal ever came along they'd put business before anything else because business entails that to grow ROH would need national TV. Currently they have a 31% market share in the United States and apparently Sinclair are happy with the ratings of the show in different markets etc, (Jim Cornette said in his shoot that all markets combined there was over 1,000,000 watching ROH's first show on the channels), but if a TV deal comes along It'd be silly not to take it. More money, more exposure, attendances would increase further, sponsors would come on, they'd have to invest even less into the shows - It'd be common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back