General ROH Spam Thread

I'd rep you again if possible, but thanks for the match! It was an awesome brutal finish. Tanahashi won the crowd over but they also seemed pro Ishii. Was Ishii a face? That was hard hitting no doubt, the more NJPW I've been watching the more I've been impressed.

Ishii is in a weird state. He's in a heel faction but is coming off an incredible 12 months. The crowd for the above video is relatively smarky for a Japanese crowd, so think of it maybe like Cena v Wyatt or something where the fresher guy is getting the crowd pumped more.

AJ%20STYLES%20T-SHIRT.png

First AJ Styles/ROH t-shirt in fucking eight years! Things will sell like fire too.

I think I'm more excited for the Ladder War than the ROH/NJPW shows.

Briscoe/Cole has been such a criminally underrated feud. Easily the most hate filled feud in wrestling aside from Bryan vs. The Authority in the past year. I think in modern day wrestling while it doesn't apply its basically into blood feud territory.

Watching ROH right now, and I like this new alliance of Elgin with Hanson and Raymond Rowe. Looks to be a mighty stable.

Assuming Christopher Daniels doesn't re-sign with TNA, how hard will you be TDS for a return from one of the founding fathers? If that happens, who do you like to see him wrestle with and why...

Steen has been announced as the challenger for Global Wars against whoever wins Ladder War V at SCOH. With that news, assuming that Cole gets the victory in New Orleans taking him and Steen out of the equation, how does everyone feel the top NJPW talent that has already been revealed for that night will be booked?

I'd love to see something like Elgin vs. Okada, Nakamura vs. Ciampa, Tanahashi vs. Styles, and Jado/Gedo vs. The Briscoes.

I'd also like to see reDRagon get their rematch against The Bucks on that show, but Bucks/Anderson vs. The Decade would also work if those three are part of the event; leaving The Bucks to defend the ROH titles at War of the Worlds the next week. I'd love to see Anderson vs. Cedric Alexander at one of those shows as well. Also if Shelley and KUSHIDA are coming over, Time Splitters vs. Adrenaline Rush would be incredible.

Assuming Christopher Daniels doesn't re-sign with TNA, how hard will you be TDS for a return from one of the founding fathers? If that happens, who do you like to see him wrestle with and why...
If Bad Influence do legitimately fail to re-sign with TNA, ROH needs to bring them in as a unit. The tag division could definitely use a boost right now, and Bad Influence would be perfect.

A 6-man match at a major show with AJ/Daniels/Kaz vs. The Decade would seem to make a lot of sense, and would likely result in an outstanding match as well.

And whether they're booked face or heel, Bad Influence against reDRagon would be all kinds of entertaining and worth the price of a ticket or VOD on its own.

Whether it be as one-half of Bad Influence or by himself, Daniels is always welcome in ROH, hes never said a bad word about the company and in an interview just after AJ's return was announced he even said he loved it, which is why I like the guy so much. If he came back I'd like to see him face Tommaso Ciampa above all else, but if he came with Kaz in tow, I wouldn't contain myself when it comes to the possibility of Bad Influence vs. reDRagon.

In other news, ROH have introduced a new signature to their introduction. Bit like WWE's "Then, Now, Forever", ROH's is "Creating Excellence".

[YOUTUBE]BgqYwJ5SjAg[/YOUTUBE]

Jushin "Thunder" Liger himself would have been enough for these events, but God, just so much talent are going to be on two shows, the genuine definition of a "supershow".

The fully updated list of NJPW talented that has been announced thus far: Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura, KUSHIDA, Gedo and Jado, Liger, and Watanabe.

I would think any other major names that will be announced now are most likely to be Bullet Club guys.

Watanabe would be probably be best used as one part of a multi-man match with several ROH wrestlers that need a spot on the card. Similar to the match he had with Silas, Taven, and Caprice in his ROH debut. That could work as an opener to one of the shows.

Kojima is plausible.

Apparently - according to the Observer, where lets be honest, Dave marks over NJPW - Kojima wants to do the shows but because he's the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, ROH are the ones who don't want him as they don't want to be associated with the NWA after the last deal the company's had ended on such bad terms. Kojima's sister lives in Brooklyn so he has the incentive to go, but looks like it won't happen.

In other news, Alex Shelley is wrestling on an upcoming AAW card. If AAW can afford Alex Shelley, ROH can afford Alex Shelley. Bring back Alex F'N Shelley!

Court Bauer @courtbauer 24m ago
We're going to have a HUGE announcement this week! You ready???? @RingofHonor

I don't know what this one is, no indications given, but every time Court has said so far that something big is coming, something big happens, so the dude doesn't talk with hyperbole. Hoping it's either Alex Shelley, Prince Devitt or, a bulletproof PPV/iPPV deal. With the NJPW shows coming up and ROH killing it right now, the product being in HD, anything seems possible. HYPED!

Do they have to mention Kojima is NWA Champion for him to show up though?

I'd assume so. It's basically a carry over show from NJPW to try and tap into the ROH audience because - lets face it - if any fan is going to get into NJPW an ROH one will. I'd love for Kojima to be there, but again, NWA and ROH have a bit of a bad past so I doubt ROH wants to associate themselves with them and the NWA probably doesn't want someone associated with them appearing on an ROH show.

The huge announcement is that Global Wars and War of the Worlds will be broadcast LIVE on uStream on iPPV. Court Bauer and Jon Pollock announced it on Fight Network's LAW podcast and Court said ROH has gone through all the details with uStream, they expect things to go smoothly. Like with other ROH iPPV's I will hold my breath until the night of both, but I'm super pumped now!

Last week Meltzer said it being live is all these shows needed to be the biggest wrestling shows of the year not named WrestleMania. Now that it has it, I guess we got ourselves a label.

The huge announcement is that Global Wars and War of the Worlds will be broadcast LIVE on uStream on iPPV. Court Bauer and Jon Pollock announced it on Fight Network's LAW podcast and Court said ROH has gone through all the details with uStream, they expect things to go smoothly. Like with other ROH iPPV's I will hold my breath until the night of both, but I'm super pumped now!

Last week Meltzer said it being live is all these shows needed to be the biggest wrestling shows of the year not named WrestleMania. Now that it has it, I guess we got ourselves a label.

... What days are they and how do I order in the UK?

Eh,I'm cautiously optimistic with this, I've been burned by buffeRing of Honor too many times to trust them with something like this until I see that they can actually deliver, if I hear Global Wars goes off without any issues, perhaps I think about buying WOTW.

I'd be much more skeptical if it was anyone but uStream.

uStream are the top online streaming provider there is. They have a really good track record, and as everyone keeps noting, in 72 NJPW iPPV's they have had one issue which wasn't even their fault and was fixed within moments. GFL was created to show small boxing events online to like 300 people. uStream shows events to thousands.

I did tweet Court and say I hope they prepare for a lot of viewers because a ton of non-ROH and non-NJPW fans seem really interested in watching this, and he said they've got it covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back