General ROH Spam Thread

It's already confirmed. I'm really stoked for the 12th Anniversary Show and TV taping. Plus whatever the announcement (word going around is it's more than one) is should be good.

AJ Styles vs. Michael Elgin. Jay Lethal vs. Tommaso Ciampa. That's two weeks of great main events sorted and there's still tons more talent not even booked. Hero, Steen, reDRagon, Cole, Bennett, Alexander, Young, Briscoes; ROH is so awesome right now, TV show has came on leaps and bounds.

On whether iPPV could be coming back, this is what The Observer is saying.

The only thing I’ve heard is that they don’t have an announcement regarding new live streaming of their shows, but that Go Fight Live are pestering them to stream a show in the future. ROH's stance on is, if their going to do it again it has to be flawless so that the company doesn't take a hit in image which they've done a great job of building back up in recent months. However, ROH may be featuring on iPPV in May.

This coincides with the following.

New Japan is also looking at doing U.S. shows but it would be working with an existing group as opposed to running New Japan shows they would promote on their own, which they tried a couple years ago and took a pretty big loss, largely due to travel costs and low attendance numbers. The impression I was given was there would be a May show in the New York market which their top names would be appearing on. I do know as of a month ago, that New Japan was working on a deal with ROH. And coincidentally ROH is running the Hammerstein Ballroom in May. Who better to promote NJPW to than the hardcore wrestling audience ROH attracts? And ROH has been hyping a big announcement this coming Saturday at their "HonorCon" event. I think we all see where this is going and it's going to be pretty big.

Isn't Shelley working for New Japan currently? If so, & if a New Japan/ROH crossover is on the horizon than I really hope Shelley comes over as apart of it, I would LOVE to see reDRagon vs. Timesplitters.

He is and that'd be pretty plausible.

So many potential matches. I'd be interested in who'd take a loss on either side though.

Tanahashi for example ain't gonna lose in America. Nor is Okada. Nakamura might. So if I were ROH I'd do Nakamura vs. Elgin and put Elgin over. Put Okada with someone like Styles or Lethal. Tanahashi against Steen? IDK, depends.

One guy if they can get over that'd be huge would be Prince Devitt. Hes never worked a major American promotion. His first being ROH would be such a coup for the company.

The Observer also had this:
Elgin was working an indie show in Massachusetts on 2/15 and took a bad bump on his neck and appeared to have gotten a stinger, since he went numb on one side of his body. He’s expected to work this weekend but was in a lot of pain after the show.

Hope it's not that bad. Elgin needs to do something as he feels quite stale at the moment. I'm very much looking forward to his match at 12th Anniversary.

Also this:
From photos, it appears the idea of a WWE tryout has motivated Kevin Steen to get into the gym and drop weight. I was always frustrated watching him. Almost anybody can find a way to get into decent shape, even with injury limitations. Very few have the kind of talent he does. He’s got the hard part locked up.

Yeah, Steen has been saying on The Kevin Steen Show he finds it hard to do but he knows he has to do it for his standard of living most importantly, and then to better his wrestling career. He also tweeted a photo of him in a gym last week, some of the responses were pretty funny, especially Bobby Fish's, "did Elgin lock you in his basement?"

Read this on F4WOnline. PWInsider are running a similar story.

After the 12th Anniversary Show, Hunter Johnston (Delirious) did a speech to all the wrestlers which was said to have been really moving. He thanked everyone for their hard work and said if it wasn't for them he wouldn't be where he is. He also presented a cake to the entire roster and thanked Cary Silkin and Joe Koff. Johnston went into a bit of detail on what Cary has done for the company and Cary got very emotional, as he was very touched by it. Johnston also pointed out The Briscoes for being with the company since day one and Jay Briscoe said it was their honor. And lastly Johnston thanked Kevin Steen for his leadership and Steen was said to have found it very flattering, and said a few words about how much the company means to him. The employees had a small party but nothing too big as they had the show today.

2m65zcm.jpg
14m598g.jpg

Doesn't even need hyping. The simple fact that shows this stacked are the fourth most anticipated ones in ROH over the next four months tells the story.

Monumentally stupid question: In the opening title sequence for ROH's TV show, what is being said in the sound clip where the announcer is shouting something about "soaring?"

I can never quite make it out.

Whenever Eddie Edwards would dive to the outside Kevin Kelly would shout, "Soaring and scoring!" Now that Eddie's gone hes not saying it anymore. They also really need to make a new intro. Too many old faces.

Whenever Eddie Edwards would dive to the outside Kevin Kelly would shout, "Soaring and scoring!" Now that Eddie's gone hes not saying it anymore. They also really need to make a new intro. Too many old faces.

I do like that Corino keeps trying to get him to say it, & sometimes will say it himself.

I agree the intro needs to be updated, but then so does a bunch of production stuff with the show.

Court Bauer said on a recent MLW radio one of the things he wants in by the end of the year is HD cameras. He doesn't want the show to be overproduced though because It'll lose that ROH-feel to it. IDK what ROH would look like in HD.

In other good news, they've scrapped the big event/TV taping the next day schedule. Meltzer said it's not happening anymore because they feel they've built up big enough markets to run another show a month for the TV taping and be able to stack it enough to draw crowds. I've not been too big on the TV taping the day after big events.

I imagine ROH in HD would look like it did when they had the HDnet show. If you listen to The Ross Report (JR's podcast) he basically says the need to up the production quality a bit & better light the ring, & I agree, I think shooting it with HD camera's & a better lit ring would vastly improve the look of the show while still keeping the ROH feel to it.

I hate the Big Event/TV Taping schedule, but I hate when they do that & then take the big cards & break them up & use them as TV taping too especially if it means I'm going to have to wait at good 3-4 weeks before I get to the stuff that was taped solely to be used as a TV taping. I also have never understood the logic of doing that, if you're going to do a big card & you want people to buy it, then why give it away for free on TV over the course of the next few weeks?

Court Bauer said on a recent MLW radio one of the things he wants in by the end of the year is HD cameras. He doesn't want the show to be overproduced though because It'll lose that ROH-feel to it. IDK what ROH would look like in HD.
I remember the old ROH DVDs with the shit lighting and terrible audio. By virtue of comparison, what we have now feels like 1080p.

JR seems to be on an ROH kick lately. Talks about it on his podcast and plugged it during his Evening with Jim Ross show in New Jersey over the weekend. JR's and me are like one in the same... minus bells palsy.

I imagine ROH in HD would look like it did when they had the HDnet show.

That was ROH then though. I have a feeling ROH in HD now would be a lot darker. They seem to want that image anyway considering they use pipe and drape on all the venues to close off light. It enhances the lighting I think. But nevertheless, yeah, I'd be all for HD cameras. Mark Briscoe's smile in HD would make children cry. And Jay's would make homosexuals poop themselves.

From the Observer. Looks like AJ Styles is going to be sticking around for awhile.

AJ Styles is expected to be staying with Ring of Honor until late 2014 at the least. As of now AJ is in discussions with NJPW, which began through the ROH crossover discussions. I've been told AJ will start working some NJPW tours once the negotiations are finalized and that his schedule will be worked out so that he can prioritize ROH and NJPW over other indie dates which he would cutback on doing. People who have spoken to AJ tell me he's really happy with how ROH is going so far and that he comes across genuinely interested in contributing as much as possible.

That was ROH then though. I have a feeling ROH in HD now would be a lot darker. They seem to want that image anyway considering they use pipe and drape on all the venues to close off light. It enhances the lighting I think. But nevertheless, yeah, I'd be all for HD cameras. Mark Briscoe's smile in HD would make children cry. And Jay's would make homosexuals poop themselves.

This in HD woulda been fantastic

4-27-2013-3-54-06-PM.jpg

But as epic as that would be, this would be 1000x more epic in HD

tumblr_ml15k2N3ex1r13en2o1_500.jpg

I'm still waiting for the inevitable showdown between Styles & Cole over the ROH title, out of all the potential Styles ROH matches, that is the one I want to see most.

They seem to be building Styles up to it. Hes beaten Roddy, Lethal, he has to face Elgin on TV and Hero in Dayton, and if he beats them he only has one big name to overcome, which if he can he'll surely get a title shot, and it's the match I personally want to see the most.

AJ Styles vs. Kevin Steen.

They seem to be building Styles up to it. Hes beaten Roddy, Lethal, he has to face Elgin on TV and Hero in Dayton, and if he beats them he only has one big name to overcome, which if he can he'll surely get a title shot, and it's the match I personally want to see the most.

AJ Styles vs. Kevin Steen.

That would be a fun match, I'm sure. I wonder how many necks AJ's going to break by then.

That would be a fun match, I'm sure. I wonder how many necks AJ's going to break by then.

I think the question is, "how many people are going to break their own necks?" I write on a site with a PCW staff member and his report of what happened to Lionheart is that he tucked his head too early, despite practicing the Styles Clash before the show. It's not exactly a hard move to take,, when he goes to jump forward you tuck your head, simple.

I think the question is, "how many people are going to break their own necks?" I write on a site with a PCW staff member and his report of what happened to Lionheart is that he tucked his head too early, despite practicing the Styles Clash before the show. It's not exactly a hard move to take,, when he goes to jump forward you tuck your head, simple.

Actually, it kinda is difficult to take. Almost every other bump requires you to tuck your head forward, the Clash requires you to tuck your head backwards. This might shock you, but it's very easy to fuck up something that looks simple like taking a bump correctly, especially when you're thinking about a dozen different things at the same time. It's also very hard to protect yourself if something does go wrong, on either person's end (AJ can and has fucked up the move before: see below). The person taking the bump's arms are trapped behind AJ's legs so there's no way you can use them to break their fall.

[YOUTUBE]u6fRD0X_Hwc[/YOUTUBE]

Straight up, the Clash is like a piledriver. It's not a safe move. Sure, it can be performed safely but a single fuck up by either person can result in a broken neck and it is pretty fucking easy to fuck up. This is also the second person AJ has crippled with the move in recent months, or was it Strong's fault too? Actually, it doesn't fucking matter whose 'fault' it is. The onus is still on AJ to protect his opponents. Whether that's by making sure they're in position properly before performing it, or by not performing the fucking move on someone who learned how to take the move on the day of the show.

Well, it was Strong's fault, even Roddy said it was his fault.

I don't disagree it's a dangerous move, it is, almost every wrestling move is dangerous - fuck, Triple H once destroyed some dudes face hitting a Pedigree - but it's wrestling, and wrestling is dangerous. Lionheart hasn't said, "Fuck AJ, he broke my neck", hes said it was a mistake and he wishes he could go back and do it again. I think what AJ should do is make sure whoever hes facing knows how to take the move exactly beforehand, even though that's apparently what he did with Lionheart and is still went wrong.

Okay. I think I'm finally getting into the TV show.

I totally see why it's a niche product. But I'm really starting to enjoy modern ROH.

Took long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back