General ROH Spam Thread

I just watched his match with Jay Lethal. No springboard 450 to be heard of. I'd encourage you to watch the match yourself (available free on ROH's website till next week's show is posted), but it's a Jay Lethal match. I wouldn't want you to subject yourself to such a thing.

I can't remember anything from the Roddy Strong match except for the Styles Clash.

[YOUTUBE]u6fRD0X_Hwc[/YOUTUBE]

That made my stomach turn to watch. I view quite a bit of wrestling in a week, and I've seen some things that make me cringe, but not like that. Not like that.

I almost legitimately threw up watching both. I'm surprised Richards is still wrestling after all the neck problems he's had and the way his neck just...snapped. It definitely seemed the worst of the two.

Is Jay Lethal no good? He's one of the best impressionists in the business!
He's a wrestler who incorporates absolutely no psychology into his moveset whatsoever.

My biggest issue with Lethal is his stupid Lethal Injection finisher, it's about as illogical as Mysterio's 619, actually probably more so.

The Lethal Injection is not a bad move, but the theatrics is too much. Would be better if he just did a simple Cutter like the RKO. Personally I prefer the Lethal Combination to the Injection, but that's just me.

He's a wrestler who incorporates absolutely no psychology into his moveset whatsoever.
So it makes complete sense that he main events ROH TV shows!

I'd throw in a winky face, but it'd be wasted on the humourless lot which makes up ROH's fan base.

Speaking of shitty indy guys, it was just pointed out to me that no WWE Diva taking Michelle McCool's Faith Breaker has ever fucked the move up as badly as Roderick Strong.

Roddy's fun to watch for a guy who's as bland as they come, but that got a smirk out of me.

Last night in Chicago Ridge, during ROH Raising the Bar weekend Night 2, The Young Bucks defeated reDRagon to become ROH World Tag Team Champions for the first time.

Along with holding the tag straps for several smaller independent promotions, Matt and Nick Jackson are now the current ROH, PWG, and IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions of the World. Holding those three titles simultaneously has to be arguably the most impressive accomplishment ever by any tag team outside of the WWE.

Last night in Chicago Ridge, during ROH Raising the Bar weekend Night 2, The Young Bucks defeated reDRagon to become ROH World Tag Team Champions for the first time.

Along with holding the tag straps for several smaller independent promotions, Matt and Nick Jackson are now the current ROH, PWG, and IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions of the World. Holding those three titles simultaneously has to be arguably the most impressive accomplishment ever by any tag team outside of the WWE.

Steiner Brothers were once WCW World, WCW US and IWGP World Tag Team Champions at the same time.

Steiner Brothers were once WCW World, WCW US and IWGP World Tag Team Champions at the same time.

Touché. I was sort of lumping WCW tag team wins in with WWE ones since WWE now owns that history, but I definitely didn't specify that. And even though I put very little weight into a WCW US tag title reign, as the mid card tag straps of a national promotion they could definitely be considered a greater prize than any independent tag title, no matter how respectable that indy may be.

Back then the US Tag Titles meant something. The tag division was actually deep and you would have the Midnight Express, the Fantastics, the Steiners etc having great matches.

Back then the US Tag Titles meant something. The tag division was actually deep and you would have the Midnight Express, the Fantastics, the Steiners etc having great matches.

No arguments here. I still remember the match between The Fantastics and The Midnight Express for those titles at Clash of the Champions I. That was an amazing match, like 4.5 star range. I also remember being disappointed by the match they had at the Bash in '88 since it didn't live up to that encounter.

Did you ever review the first Clash, KB? If so, what letter grade did you have on that match(if its not too much trouble to reference)?

I have and I've redone it for the newest book. A-.

Very Nice. That sounds about right to me.

The only knock on that match was it seemed short. It was wrestled at a Five Star(or A+ for your standards) pace, and with a few more minutes at that quality it probably would have been worthy of that kind of a rating IMO.

The Bucks getting the win is awesome, not just because they now have the titles, but also because we'll get The Bucks vs. reDRagon again, and maybe even Bucks vs. Adrenaline RUSH again at some point, which was a great match at Final Battle.

Also, should be noted that War of the Worlds in NYC on May 17 has less than 15 tickets left with no matches announced and two months until the show. People were asking, "well IDK know if people will have an interest!" Seems a lot of people have an interest.

Now all they got to do is work out a deal with uStream for it to be broadcast live.

And now Okada has been confirmed for the NYC show too. Lucky ROH fans. If I were minted I'd have snapped tickets for both shows up immediately.

War of the Worlds on May 17 from the Hammerstein Ballroom, with no matches announced, one name confirmed, and two months in advance is completely sold-out. That now means in 2014 ROH has sold-out the Nashville Fairgrounds for TV, Wrestling's Finest from Pittsburgh, War of the Worlds in NYC, the show in Milwaukee over the weekend and drawn big crowds for shows in San Antonio and the 12th Anniversary. Plus they've added four rows of seats for Toronto so I expect the Ted Reeve Arena to be jammed.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but on the main page there's an article saying tanahashi will be in ROH in May which is pretty cool. I watched him vs Devitt yesterday I believe Meltzer had that rated a 5 star match (9-29-13) If im not mistaken. I haven't watched much of his work or much puro in general but he seemed talented and worked the crowd well. I wonder who he will be facing, it seems a lot of good things are going on in ROH right now.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but on the main page there's an article saying tanahashi will be in ROH in May which is pretty cool. I watched him vs Devitt yesterday I believe Meltzer had that rated a 5 star match (9-29-13) If im not mistaken. I haven't watched much of his work or much puro in general but he seemed talented and worked the crowd well. I wonder who he will be facing, it seems a lot of good things are going on in ROH right now.

Tanahashi has been throwing out great matches in the last 18 months like they're going out of fashion. He's a bit of a Cena in that he's an out-and-out babyface (he is "Once In A Century Superstar" and "The Ace of New Japan") and lacks the 'cool' of an Okada or Nakamura, but christ can he work. I've linked a good introductory match of his. He will fit into ROH like a glove, I am sure of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVqJNIUgJ0

Tomorrow will be the announcement of Nakamura.

They're doing this for added publicity. I can get it. A lot of ROH fans especially the newer ones wouldn't know much about Japan so this is a good way of introducing them to the stars coming over. While hardcore fans will know of them all, especially Liger who'll probably get a Steen-like reaction in the Hammerstein.

It was not a five star match, but all of them are pretty great. Devitt was on a role back then, now he went back to the midcard to feud with his former partner. Devitt would be interesting to see in Ring of Honor against AJ, but since AJ Styles will probably sign with NJPW, I prefer to see their match in front of 5.000 people or even at Wrestle Kingdom. Damn I get goosebumps just thinking about that. ROH locker room will have to step up to be in the ring with Tanahashi, Okada and Nakamura.

Tomorrow will be the announcement of Nakamura.

They're doing this for added publicity. I can get it. A lot of ROH fans especially the newer ones wouldn't know much about Japan so this is a good way of introducing them to the stars coming over. While hardcore fans will know of them all, especially Liger who'll probably get a Steen-like reaction in the Hammerstein.

Are they doing highlight videos with every announcement? They really should, IMO.

Tanahashi has been throwing out great matches in the last 18 months like they're going out of fashion. He's a bit of a Cena in that he's an out-and-out babyface (he is "Once In A Century Superstar" and "The Ace of New Japan") and lacks the 'cool' of an Okada or Nakamura, but christ can he work. I've linked a good introductory match of his. He will fit into ROH like a glove, I am sure of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVqJNIUgJ0

I'd rep you again if possible, but thanks for the match! It was an awesome brutal finish. Tanahashi won the crowd over but they also seemed pro Ishii. Was Ishii a face? That was hard hitting no doubt, the more NJPW I've been watching the more I've been impressed.

Are they doing highlight videos with every announcement? They really should, IMO.

No, just a post on the site highlighting who is coming, giving some details. They may do some videos for TV, have to wait and see. I'm imagine they will closer to the event. Got two TV tapings before it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back