General ROH Spam Thread

So I've heard that QT Marshall was in a match at the NXT tapings. So was that some kind of tryout or did he sign a contract with the WWE?

It was a local jobber gig, he lives in the area. If he were to leave, good riddance, he sucks anyway.

And Elgin must have gone forward in time, read this thread and taken the advice because he only wears the tights now as opposed to a singlet. I've always liked the singlet though cause it's something you don't see much of nowadays and he pulls it off well. Manhattan Mayhem was the first time I noticed his bald patch though, don't know how much longer the mullet has left.

I think Kevin Kelly might just be the worst commentator in all or sports & entertainment, he actually makes me miss Dave Prazak. His commentary during Manhattan Mayhem V was just pathetic, dude sounded bored out of his mind,& just phoning it in, at times seemed to suck the energy out of the show, thank god for the NY fans & Prince Nana's color commentary, which was fucking downright hilarious at times. I don't know what else Kevin Kelly does for ROH but they should really dump him as their play by play guy, he's fucking awful.

Commentators is something like TNA, ROH has never managed to get spot on. Kelly to me is a Mike Tenay-like commentator, boring, lifeless, unable to call the spots, not able to tell a story, whereas someone like JR enhanced the match Kelly and Tenay more often than not take away from it.

Only reason Kelly even has that job is the fact he's an ex-WWE interviewer and commentator, plus JR saw something in him not many others did. Only way I could stand Corino is when either Nigel is having a really good night on the mic or Steve Corino is with him.

Can I just be the first to say I don't like Adam Cole at all? I've never enjoyed this dude... Elgin loses in the finals of this and Bola? Could next year be his year?

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/i-love-wrestling

A BLOG BY DAVEY RICHARDS

I love wrestling. A genuine, innate love that I've had since I was 10 years old. That love has never waned, it's only grown as I've aged. The premise of using your mind and body to pin, submit, and control another trained person who wants to do the same to you has always fascinated me.

A guy makes a lot of money right now calling himself the best in the world. He is very talented and sells many t shirts with this slogan. My hats off to him.

Another guy who used to compete here had fans the world round chanting best in the world at him. He was and is a huge inspiration to me, but myself, I never looked to make it a slogan or even have people chant it at me.

It's been in my heart since I first stepped onto a mat 20 years ago- I want to BE the best wrestler in the world. It's driven me, consumed me, even haunted me At times. It drove me to go live in Japan months after getting married. Find out while in Japan that my grandma had died, flew home to the funeral, and flew right back to Japan to continue to progress as a wrestler. No time to mourn- I had to get better.

It drove me to leave the farm, drive across the country with no money, no job, no home to learn professional wrestling.

I'm that guy. Ask the ROH wrestlers, they'll tell you I'm that guy whose always late to the shows because I found a gym or dojo some where to train before the show. Barely making flights because I had to get that last sparring session in. I'm that guy- obsessed with this great sport.

Catch wrestling- the king of grappling arts has eluded me for far too long. I remember when Bryan Danielson and I lived together and he would talk about it, his training in it and it fascinated me.

Working for NJPW I would pick Minoru Suzuki's brain and he would pick me part teaching me this great sport.

Anytime I saw Josh Barnett, William Regal or Billy Robinson I'd have a million questions about catch. All these conversations and training sessions led back to one place- the Snake Pit in Wigan, England. The birth place of catch, where the toughest wrestlers ever were moulded, where the term professional wrestler is earned. The most brutal and unforgiving gym in the world.

So here I am again. Freshly engaged and instead of being home with my fiancé I am on a plane to England to train in the Snake Pit. She is upset, sad her husband to be is leaving her. But she sees the gleam in my eye when I watch catch videos on their internet. She knows my drive to be the best. I will be the best wrestler in the world. Not to make money off the slogan or be told that by fans, but because it is in my blood. It is within me. I am a professional wrestler until the day I die, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Davey Richards

335707206_700.gif

Love him or hate him Davey respects the business.

Haven't seen anything ROH-related in ages, I popped on their TV show the other week for shits and giggles and didn't even recognize half the roster, the turnaround with talent is crazy man.

Love him or hate him Davey respects the business.

Haven't seen anything ROH-related in ages, I popped on their TV show the other week for shits and giggles and didn't even recognize half the roster, the turnaround with talent is crazy man.

Checkout the ROH World Title Tournament when you can, every match aside one delivered and the only reason that one didn't is because its led to BJ Whitmer's early retirement. Also checkout anything from the tag team division, reDRagon in particular are really entertaining. And I'd recommend staying tuned, I'm really pumped for ROH right now with Adam Cole as World Champion, Jay Briscoe fighting the authorities and the Outlaw Inc (Homicide and Eddie Kingston) "we're following the rules" angles.

After watching the most recent ROH Honor Roll, I find myself really really wanting to see Jacobs win the title this Friday night, & make Final Battle a Fatal 4-way

If Jacobs wins It'll be amazing. Just don't see it though.

A HUMBLE REQUEST
posted on : Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 10:12am EST
by : Adam Cole
A Humble Request

There has been a giant misconception about me since I won the Ring of Honor World Championship in Philadelphia at Death Before Dishonor. People have said that I no longer have any respect for anyone but myself. That my actions are selfish and egotistical. Some people have even gone as far as to say I have no honor, and that my actions towards Jay Briscoe and Michael Elgin were so reprehensible, that I am not the true Ring of Honor World Champion. All of you, every one of you, who believe any of the statements I listed above literally make me laugh.

You see, I'm perfectly balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders. And those two chips are Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe. What I did at Death Before Dishonor was a SERVICE to ROH. Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe are the worst kind of athlete. They are the types of people that can't accept or realize the fact that they can not, and will not, be Number 1. They are cry babies. Instead of looking within themselves and saying "what can I do to be the best?", they point fingers and they blame. They blame others for their own failures. They blame me for being better than they are. That is why Final Battle will be the most glorious day in my entire wrestling career. After Final Battle is over I get to look at every doubter, every person who doesn't believe that I am what I say I am, and that's the best damn pro wrestler on the planet, and I get to shove it in their face. At Ring of Honor's biggest show of the year I prove to these two cry babies that Adam Cole is and always will be the true Ring of Honor World Champion.

I think back to that moment in Philadelphia, staring down at both Jay and Michael and thinking that even 6 months prior, I wouldn't have had the guts to stand up for myself the way I did. But a true champion is always learning, and fortunately for me, I have had a great mentor along the way.

In the past I have learned first hand from people like Eddie Edwards but there is one man whose opinion I value in the highest regard. A man who taught me that if I want to be the best, if I want to be the Ring of Honor World Champion, I have to take matters into my own hands. He is someone who has been all over the world and even though he never won the ROH World Title when he was an active competitor in ROH, without his advice and inspiration, I would not hold this title. He is someone who was treated unfairly by the system even though he is a real champion... he is a king. A hero to me and his extreme advice motivated me to back down from nobody.

Fortunately my friend has more time on his hands now and with Final Battle approaching, I can think of no better place for him to witness all of his teachings come to life. His return will blow the roof off of the Hammerstein Ballroom guaranteed. I invite him to come to NYC and watch with pride as I stand atop the wrestling world as THE man.

ROH World Champion

While I'd love for it to be Chris Hero I can't help but think It'll be Matt Hardy. Which I'd be happy about, but just want Hero back sooner than later.

I doubt it's Hardy considering that both Cole and Hardy had a feud that started when Cole was TV champ, and carried over well after he lost it.

I'd say it's Corino, but he returned to commentary on this past week on TV, I'm guessing either Matt Hardy or Rhyno

I watched about fifteen minutes of this week's episode. Yawned the whole time. Maybe I'll try again later.

ROH officials are in negotiations with other pro wrestling offices at the moment in an attempt to work out a very special event for the fans in 2014.

I don't care who it is, I'm already excited. Well, as long as it's not CZW... again.

My guess would be DGUSA, assuming Gabe & the people currently running ROH's are one good terms, I'm not sure if they were amicable with them going their separate ways or not.

Roderick Strong has been booked for FIP and Evolve out of nowhere so that is why I think this could be it. That or an ROH ran NPWD. They'd little to do with the first one because it was Quack's thing and he basically screwed the entire thing up. Lot of people said ROH should have been organizing it or had more say in it.

35% off everything on their website this weekend. Went ahead and bought Tyler Black's new DVD. He's the guy who's stuff I've been wanting to check out most since I stopped really watching in 2009/2010, so I'm happy they've finally released a compilation of his big singles run.

50% off DVDs & 40% off apparel if you a ringside member

Getting the new Tyler Black DVD, Alex Shelley DVD, & a couple PWG DVDS (BOLA 13 nights 1 & 2, & Is Your Body Ready)

I'm cashing in on your holiday again (yes, they do let me, probably cause I buy so much shit) and am getting From Love to Hate: The Jimmy Jacobs Story and The Best of Episodes: 1 - 100. I really liked the episode Roderick and Lethal hosted.

I'm cashing in on your holiday again (yes, they do let me, probably cause I buy so much shit) and am getting From Love to Hate: The Jimmy Jacobs Story and The Best of Episodes: 1 - 100. I really liked the episode Roderick and Lethal hosted.

I have the Best of Episodes 1-100, it's a solid set, it's especially great for anybody new to ROH.

50% off DVDs & 40% off apparel if you a ringside member

Getting the new Tyler Black DVD, Alex Shelley DVD, & a couple PWG DVDS (BOLA 13 nights 1 & 2, & Is Your Body Ready)

I changed that order at the last min. & got rid of the PWG DVDS, & instead replaced them with both Eddie Edwards DVDs & Chris Hero's.

After being turned off by the eight man a couple weeks ago (a match I probably needed long-term investment in the product to really care about; too many new faces at once for me), I'm trying again this week. Looks like an awesome line-up on paper, and I had a bit of a soft spot for Jacobs back in the day.

A shame I already know the main event for Final Battle is locked in. It'll kill some of the drama. But them's the breaks of canned shows. I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy it regardless.

Show was okay. I really liked the main event.

It's still not something I love. But I'm glad it's there for the people who enjoy it.

Pretty much rules Hardy out as Cole's special guest, which leaves the speculated possibilities down to Steve Corino which would make no sense whatsoever and Chris Hero who would either need to open Final Battle to make it for CZW, or open CZW to make it for the final hour of Final Battle. Which is unlikely.

Ballots are reopened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back