General ROH Spam Thread

A- I don't know a single person on this planet that would take anything Jay Briscoe says to heart

B- He's allowed to have an opinion, even if it's a stupid and/of incredibly ignorant one

C- He's a fucking redneck, what the fuck kind of response did you think he was gonna have?!

He tweeted an apology, I saw it last night.

I googled that (since I can't look at his twitter right now).

Jay Briscoe said:
I feel very strongly about how and who should teach kids about certain things but I showed poor judgment by using that analogy and I'm sorry

That's a pretty darn lame apology, if you can call it that. He said what Todd Akin did after people called him on "legitimate rape". He doesn't think what he said is wrong, he'll probably tweet something homophobic again (my googling tells me it's not the first time he's said shit like that). He's not sorry. He's sorry that he's being called a homophobic twat.

Compare to what CM Punk or Bully Ray said after their calling a fan a homo or ****** respectively to Jay's 'apology'.

Scratch the "ROH said nothing" part from my last post.

That's a pretty darn lame apology, if you can call it that. He said what Todd Akin did after people called him on "legitimate rape". He doesn't think what he said is wrong, he'll probably tweet something homophobic again (my googling tells me it's not the first time he's said shit like that). He's not sorry. He's sorry that he's being called a homophobic twat.

Compare to what CM Punk or Bully Ray said after their calling a fan a homo or ****** respectively to Jay's 'apology'.

Of course it's going to be a lame apology; he probably doesn't think there's any reason for him to apologize. The fact is that he did apologize, and that's the important part.

The only part of his original tweet that really warranted any kind of apology whatsoever is the part where he threaten to shoot someone.

The only part of his original tweet that really warranted any kind of apology whatsoever is the part where he threaten to shoot someone.

Agree. People don't understand that people have the right to disagree with a stance. I see his point, kids should be educated in school, not told how to think on social issues.

Agreed. I don't agree with his stance at all, but the shooting people part is all that deserves an apology.

Uh.. no. The whole thing deserves an apology. He flat out said that being gay is wrong. It’s the same thing as him saying being black is wrong. He’s a Bigot and a moron. In 20 years we’ll look back on people like him the same way we look on all the people protesting against civil rights.

Agree. People don't understand that people have the right to disagree with a stance. I see his point, kids should be educated in school, not told how to think on social issues.

People have the right to be homophobes. It doesn't not make them total fucking assholes whose opinions are totally invalid.

People have the right to be homophobes. It doesn't not make them total fucking assholes whose opinions are totally invalid.

This right here. We live in a world now where people's words are the end all be all. Anything people say can and will offend somebody. Problem lies with people thinking that there perspective or opinion on everything is right; especially if something something started like this tweet. We're all entitled to say whatever we want, problem is everyone is a darn critic. My beliefs are my beliefs, just like yours are yours. It doesn't mean mine or yours are wrong. We may not see eye to eye but we have the right to agree to disagree. It's just how it goes because people just let things get to us.

Uh.. no. The whole thing deserves an apology. He flat out said that being gay is wrong. It’s the same thing as him saying being black is wrong. He’s a Bigot and a moron. In 20 years we’ll look back on people like him the same way we look on all the people protesting against civil rights.

Yeah, that was when their champion didn't out himself as a bigot.

He's made his views very clear well before this, he's always been very outspoken on his twitter, not to mention he's a redneck wearing a god damn confederate flag to the fucking ring, if anyone couldn't figure out before that he was probably going to be anti gay marriage then they really are unobservant fucking morons.

[youtube]z84VOxUM2WE[/youtube]​

Really happy to see the Honor Roll/Videowire return after a couple years absence. Definitely a Delirious decision as apparently Cornette hated the Videowires because fans should be tuning into television to see stuff like this. London's promo is a bit wayward, RD Evans still makes me mad, Jimmy Jacobs is awesome, Kevin Steen is awesome and I'm really happy hes decided to start losing weight as hes started training with Michael Elgin and Tommaso Ciampa who are health and fitness freaks.

Kevin Steen: I think I like him.

Even if people don't like him I'm yet to see someone say they don't respect or admire him. Hes gone completely against "the grain" and made a pretty good reputation off it. If The Rock, Jim Ross and Steve Austin all give you compliments you can believe that you'll make it in wrestling, somewhere.

It won't be in WWE. There he won't be able to spend 5 minutes on comedy to start the match, nobody will hear jokes he shouts will stop his act from being effective and his look hurts him a lot.

That's his PWG stuff. His serious ROH, "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" is the exact contrast, and is what really got him over. He was doing the comedy stuff for a couple years before anyone cared about him in the slightest, even in the tag team with Generico, people never thought either were going to be anything big or special but their feud catapulted them into peoples attention.

The one thing that has or will ever stop him from getting a job with WWE is his weight, and he announced last month hes going to lose it. Hes training with Michael Elgin and Tommaso Ciampa, two health and fitness freaks. Hes already done more or less everything he can do on the indies, so now its just honing his craft before he eventually gets a call.

Kevin Steen's Wrestling's Wort Nightmare gimmick is the single biggest reason I jumped back into the ROH pool. He's probably one of my top three favorite things in all of wrestling right now. I watched his new Hell Rising DVD last night, & it was most excellent, I watched all 6+ hrs. of that 2 disc set in one sitting, I can't remember the last time I was able to watch anything that was over 6 hrs. long in one sitting.

I ordered that DVD on Saturday. From the content listing it looks like the most complete and entertaining DVD collection ROH has ever put out.

-I think in the end of Steen vs SCUM program we will see Corrino turn on Hardy and its been a giant swerve with Corrino and Steen
-Could see Career vs Title at FB where Steen in the next few months wins the title back maybe in a Four Corners match
-Hardy's job isn't to be champ but to put certain talent over and Steen retiring any Hardy regardless of how fans feel about the brothers is a huge accomplishment

I ordered that DVD on Saturday. From the content listing it looks like the most complete and entertaining DVD collection ROH has ever put out.

It's the best produced shoot interview I've seen in ages, if not ever. They've come along way from days of the Straight Shootin' series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back