• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GAB: John Cena vs. JBL

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

NYC Parking Lot Brawl
John Cena vs. JBL

Wow! These two going at it again? Man WWE really has no idea what to do with Cena when he is not chasing the gold. Thing is we have seen these two go at it for awhile now and to me personally I am getting bored of this feud and sure this match is gimmick but JBL is not where he used to be to make this this match any bit entertaining. Cena should win as JBL is nothing but a jobber to the stars now, and I expect this maybe to get Cena in aline for a title shot maybe? If not maybe he will move on to a feud with the new heel Y2J if his program with HBK is over. But i beg WWE no more Cena vs JBL matches.

At least its a No-DQ match. I'd hate to have to sit through a standard singles match between the two again.

What's a bit odd, though, is that Summerslam could've been a good spot to have Cena & Cryme Tyme vs JBL & Rhodes/DiBiase in...whatever this match is being called, as its just a no-DQ match. So the "streetfight" type of angle could've worked better at Summerslam and by adding those 4 others.

I'm guessing we might have Cryme Tyme save the day and help Cena win, Rhodes/DiBiase get involved with Cryme Tyme, that way we have a tag title feud starting with them on Raw. Batista loses to Punk at GAB due to Kane interference, and we have a Kane vs Batista match at Summerslam. Cena vs Punk at Summerslam for the title. And hopefully JBL is left off the card completely.

Awesome. This is just what we need. Another JBL vs. Cena match. I can't get enough of them. Seeing this match a thousand times a year is like crack. Oh, ok no its not. It still shouldnt be a bad match. These guys have decent chemistry. The stipulation of The NO DQ is nice too as they will be able to go all out. I will say that this shouldve been a Bull Rope Match though.

Man, since when did WWE start copying TNA for stupid names to the matches? This will be a street fight, nothing else. For some reason, I see JBL going over here. Cena has beaten JBL so many times now I've lost count, so if they want to keep this thing going and save JBL any kind of face at all here, they need to put him over, even with interference. Cena is going to be over no matter what happens, so a loss here really wouldn't kill him. The no DQ allows him to lose a bit cleaner than in a normal match. To me, this is similar to HBK/Jericho. HBK has nothing to gain, and neither does Cena, so why not put the other guy over?

I wonder if the match is going to be held in a parking garage? Kind of like a falls count anywhere match. Maybe they will suspend a crowbar over the ring? I'm so over this feud.
They could fight on a scaffle,over sharks, and with boxing gloves covered with razor wire and it still wont be exciting...

I can't say I'm excited for this. While I am a fan of NO DQ (or general gimmick) matches, I like to see two people I give a damn about. Honestly, how often does Cena actually pick up a weapon? And who really wants to see JBL in the ring again? Against Cena... AGAIN.

I'm starting to think if I do pick this PPV up, I'll just tape it, watch the Trips vs Edge / CM Punk vs Batista / Y2J vs HBK matches, and just read the PBP results on WZ.com for the other matches later. I can't see any other decent matches to be added to the card. Mickie vs someone? Maybe the Diva's championship? I doubt DiBiase/Rhodes, unless they actually plan to defend the belts, unlike Holly/Rhodes...

Are there any other interesting feuds going on at the moment? Maybe Kingston/Burchill if they plan to build on that.

... and what does NYC Parking Lot Brawl mean? Will there be mini Statue of Liberties around that they'll clock each other with? Maybe Cena or JBL will be suplexed through a table with a model of the Isle of Manhattan on it. Iunno.

I just think that with the exception of Y2J vs HBK and Trips vs Edge, this PPV will be a craphole.

I wonder if the match is going to be held in a parking garage? Kind of like a falls count anywhere match. Maybe they will suspend a crowbar over the ring? I'm so over this feud.
They could fight on a scaffle,over sharks, and with boxing gloves covered with razor wire and it still wont be exciting...

I definitely agree with everyone that this match is a waste because it's so over done, but I would buy the ppv exclusively to watch your scaffold match even it was brooklyn brawler vs. the repo man lol

Great. When will the WWE realise JBL cant wrestle. Every match he is in drives me mad. It doesnt matter who he is wrestling, Like Benoit his matches suck with maybe the Exception of the undertaker who got a couple of decent matches out of him. Why do we need to see this again. There are heaps more people they both could fued with. I would love to see a Santin Vs Cena Fued the promos would be sweet.This machup has been over done. By putting a no Dq to it isnt going tho freshin it up. They could of atleast as somebody has said make it a 6man tag up to make it more interesting. Becouse its obvious that Cryme time will step in.

I almost thought this feud was over at NOC. Almost. Wishful thinking I'm afraid. I'd rather see Cena/JBL vs Kane as that would be new, rather than a stale feud from before the draft... They've already had an 'extreme match' at One Night Stand anyway.

And that was rubbish...

When was their First Blood match? ONS or NOC? I can't remember. It was an okay match, but it had a very disappointing finish, in my opinion. I predict this one going the same way, unless there is some Cryme Tyme interference, complete with some Marshal Law thrown in.

I think this should have been a tag match of some sort. This will most likely end up being just like their First Blood. Not that great. How often has Cena even bled? I don't really recall him being bust open often, if ever...

With the addition of Cryme Tyme into the feud, this match was needed. I actually don't feel it is as stale as you guys are saying. The feud isn't to boost JBL or Cena, its to boost Cryme Tyme into bigger players. Throw in Cody and Ted and you could have a resurgance of the tag team division before Survivor Series. Cena has already gotten Cryme Tyme on the radar, now its up to JBL to do the same for the champs. These two have fought plenty before, but the feud isn't getting stale.

With the addition of Cryme Tyme into the feud, this match was needed. I actually don't feel it is as stale as you guys are saying. The feud isn't to boost JBL or Cena, its to boost Cryme Tyme into bigger players. Throw in Cody and Ted and you could have a resurgance of the tag team division before Survivor Series. Cena has already gotten Cryme Tyme on the radar, now its up to JBL to do the same for the champs. These two have fought plenty before, but the feud isn't getting stale.

The only way this match won't be just another repeat of John Cena v. J.B.L. is if Cryme Tyme and/or Dibiase/Rhodes would be added. This is a single's match, that likely won't have any outside interference, unless its at the very end and thats how it ends for Cena/J.B.L., but could start for Cryme Tyme/Dibiase-Rhodes.

The fact is, this is the One Night Stand match that should've happened. In the end, what exactly is a New York City Brawl? Just another name for a Street Fight? So why was a worthless First Blood match even done? Not to mention in the manner it was done, which J.B.L. lost due to "internal bleeding". I mean, come on.. even you'd have to admit that match-up was stupid and meaningless.

This one is a continuation, its for a reason and that reason is likely going to become the winner gaining a Championship match at Summerslam. I'd hope, anyways. If it isn't, then once again this match is just pushing two guys who truly don't have anything else to do. Well, J.B.L. doesn't have anything else to do.. and Cena v. Punk at this point just seems too much like a squash match before the bell even rings.

The only way this match won't be just another repeat of John Cena v. J.B.L. is if Cryme Tyme and/or Dibiase/Rhodes would be added. This is a single's match, that likely won't have any outside interference, unless its at the very end and thats how it ends for Cena/J.B.L., but could start for Cryme Tyme/Dibiase-Rhodes.

The fact is, this is the One Night Stand match that should've happened. In the end, what exactly is a New York City Brawl? Just another name for a Street Fight? So why was a worthless First Blood match even done? Not to mention in the manner it was done, which J.B.L. lost due to "internal bleeding". I mean, come on.. even you'd have to admit that match-up was stupid and meaningless.

This one is a continuation, its for a reason and that reason is likely going to become the winner gaining a Championship match at Summerslam. I'd hope, anyways. If it isn't, then once again this match is just pushing two guys who truly don't have anything else to do. Well, J.B.L. doesn't have anything else to do.. and Cena v. Punk at this point just seems too much like a squash match before the bell even rings.

I agree that this is mainly happening because there is nothing else for JBL to do and to some extent Cena as well. What I mean is that while the match has happened multiple times, it still serves a purpose. Cryme Tyme and The Million Dollar Team can come out of this feud as a whole looking much better. The fact that its a street fight leads me to believe we will se JBL call for backup and Cryme Tyme make the save. It doesn't hurt to try and use Cena's status to push the four youngsters.

You are right about the title picture. Punk going over Cena would just look and feel wrong. I say that and I don't share your distain for Punk, I just think he has been rushed way too quickly.

I would like to see this match to boost up the tag teams of RAW into top tags , Cryme Tyme & DiBiase & Rhodes. Then have Cena vs Punk vs JBL at Summerslam. Cryme Tyme vs DiBiase/Rhodes at Summerslam. Then at Survivor Series in the traditional Survivor Series Match have Cena,Cryme Tyme,Punk,Batista vs JBL,DiBiase Jr.,Rhodes,Kane,Jericho
what do you guys think about that set of matches?

I'd kinda enjoy those cards. While this feud can keep Cena away from the WHC, it can also potentially boost the green tag teams of CT and D&R.

Put these feuds in a blender and you have what could potentially be an excellent push for Punk and the tag titles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this an actual Parking Lot Brawl match? Because if it is, then I am excited because for some reason I love Parking Lot Brawls. I love any backstage match no matter what it is, specifically because its unique and rare.

I am expecting Cryme Time to intervene and assist Cena. But for some reason, I actually see JBL winning this. John Cena has defeated JBL 5 times on ppv, isn't it time to let JBL win for a change?

I actually think it will be a very entertaining bout as the gimmick suits both men. So I'm predicting JBL to win after some interference of some sort, after 15 minutes a good old fashioned brawling.

Yiipppee.

Its about damn fuckin time they have these guys in a brawl. Thats what both guys are best at, although Cena has improved by miles since the last time these two feuded. Im pretty sure we see involvemnet from JBL's boys, and Cryme Time, which will be cool. Not sure I see Cena jobbing at two straight PPVs, so I guess he wins here, although this is FINALLY the absolute perfect avenue for JBL to go over without looking weak.

Did I miss something? I don't remember Rhodes & Dibiase doing anything to help JBL. Although I do think this could be a good fit for all involved. As for the match, both guys seem to put on pretty decent gimmick matches with each other (as much as I dislike JBL). I don't wanna see JBL win this match though mainly because I cannot stand him.

This match should be entertaining and I hope they use the surrounding areas well. I definitely see Cryme Tyme interfering to help Cena and then maybe DiBiase & Rhodes coming to help JBL, which could set up a Survivor Series match with other superstars. I see Cena winning this match, but the fued to continue.

This Feud isn't as stale as you guys are making it to be

1st Week

CM Punk Wins Championship on RAW JBL Challenges and he knows that John Cena will ask for a Shot at the Championship after his loss at NOC so He gets John Cena Kicked Out of the Arena By JBL's Martial Law John Cena Comes back with Cryme Tyme and Takes out JBL's Martial Law and JBL losses by CM Punk and CM Punk Retains (You all have to admit you guys were surprised and sort of excited)

2nd Week

John Cena,JBL,Batista, and Kane wants a Shot at the WHC and John Cena ruins JBL's chances of Being Number One Contender fighting in a 1 on 1 match against Cena adding 2 more people making it a Fatal Four Way Later that Night Destroying JBL's Limo with Cryme Tyme (that was also a good segment) JBL and John Cena Knock Each other out in the Match

I Mean why wouldn't JBL want to Take his Aggression out on John Cena after what John Cena has been putting him Through Losing his Chances of Becoming WHC,Number One Contender,Destroying his Limo this is a better Feud then you guys think it is i'm actually looking forward to the match myself (Yeah JBL isn't able to compete at 100% and became a main event jobber) but you gotta get passed that it's a No DQ Match which will put some Dramtics into it hopefully alot of Blood and Weapons and Run ins From Cryme Tyme and Cody Rhodes and Ted DibiAse Jr which will make the Feud More interesting IMO

Come on we all know Cena will get a shot at the title at Summerslam he's the biggest name on Raw and they want him to mainevent on one of the four big PPV and I do like the push Cryme Tyme is getting I see Dibase Jr as a future world champ but I can fucking hate Cody Rhodes Jim Dugan has more talent than him and thats not saying much.

Hopefully they'll seal these two i the parking lot so its not just another street fight with a different name. I think Cena will win with an FU off a truck or something along the lines of that. And i hope to god that this is the end of the feud and we see them both get good feuds and good matches.

I am actually thinking that this match won't be hlaf bad. These guys work together alot, and although we have seen it alot it shall be a good match. In a New York Parking Lot Brawl, I am guesing that means a Parking Lot Brawl Match, except with a fancy name.

So in the match, we have weapons. Cars, trucks, bins, Power lines, rails, stairs, chains. Whatever the bloody hell they can find, and use aginst each other in a pit of fight. I am fairly convinced it is time for a JBL win. Cena has won every match aginst JBL for ages, and Cena losing with or without intference won't hurt him. Especially if they are looking for JBL vs. Punk for Summersla.

My prediction is a JBL win.

Ugh. Cena vs JBL - two negatives do not make a positive.

I really hope JBL wins for the sake of his career - he's becoming a quality jobber to replace the likes of Flair.

Cena doesn't need this win. JBL does.

This is WWE. Cena wins.

I had doubts with this match, but I guess it can't be that bad. I mean, both of these wrestlers are natural born brawlers, so they can pull of a match like this. I think it was good for the WWE to add JBL running Cena down as it made things "personal".

Overall, it should be a fun gimmick match that hopefully doesn't go wrong. As for the victor, hopefully it's JBL as he needs it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back