John Bradshaw Layfield

Milkyway!

Hodor!
This man may be returning to the WWE! Boy, I really hope so. JBL vs John Cena is what got me interested in wrestling. One of my favorite promos ever was when JBL cut a promo on ECW at the One Night Stand PPV.

I would really love to see JBL come back in a wrestling capacity, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back behind the announcers table either.

Personally, I want to see John Cena vs JBL v2.0. JBL can bring up the past, and I honestly think it's been so long since this feud originally occurred it would be a breath of fresh air for everyone. Both men, from what I remember, had chemistry in the ring together; and both men worked great together on the mic. This would be pure gold in my opinion.

Do you want JBL to return? If so, in what capacity would you enjoy seeing JBL?

Should he main event again? Or should he put over some up and coming babyfaces?

Overall, what are your thoughts on JBL as a wrestler? Past, present, and future.

Overall, what are your thoughts on JBL as a wrestler? Past, present, and future.

I remember him mostly when he was just Bradshaw in APA (Acolyte Protection Agency) I think WWE is lacking a duo like Bradshaw and Faarooq.

Some of thier backstage segments were great, they would sit there smoking cigars and playing cards waiting for someone to pay them for Protection. That gimmick alone made them stand out as real threats to anyone who stood in thier way. Bradshaw was well known for his Clothesline from Hell, was one of the most talked about finishing moves at that time.

I would love to see JBL return as a Backstage guy that superstars could turn to for Protection. He certainly has the size for it. This could work nicely for him and others if he can't do a full in ring schedule anymore.

Hell yeah I do. I wouldn't wan't John Bradshaw Layfield to be in wrestling capacity, but I wouldn't mind if he does. Whether he comes back as a ring commentator, manager, GM or even as a road agent, I would gladly welcome him back.

Since I prefer him to not wrestle, this question doesn't apply to me.

Overall, what are your thoughts on JBL as a wrestler? Past, present and future?

I enjoyed his time teaming with Ron Simmons as the APA and loved his Wrestling God Gimmick in the past. He's not wrestling today, so I can't say anything about him in the present. Him possibly returning to wrestle would be nostalgic in the future. Overall, I am, was and will always be a fan of John Bradshaw Layfield.

I want to see him taking a managerial role or a commentator. But I don't mind seeing him for one last run as a wrestler maybe until wrestlemania then retire.

Anywhere is fine. I don't mind seeing him Alberto del Rio's car with his limo :lmao:

Solid wrestler overall.

I'd like to see him commentate again, JBL vs Cena would be terrible mostly down to the fact I doubt JBL is in wrestling shape anymore, the only match I liked of theirs was the I Quit match.

I don't really care if he comes back, although I must admit I enjoyed his appearance at Raw 1000, throwing a Clothesline from Hell alongside Ron Simmons. That, however, doesn't mean it would be anything special to have him return on a continuing basis.

Honestly, the latter part of his career as an active wrestler turned me off to JBL. His bloated body made him look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and it seemed as if his back was hurting so badly he wasn't capable of bringing a good match anymore. But then, I liked him years before as a rough, tough cowboy and couldn't accept his morphing into an intellectual financial wizard.

For all the speculation, I doubt he has any intention of returning as a wrestler, even if his back is somehow in better shape than when he left. It's nice to see that he's slimmed down but with all his physical maladies, I can't imagine him in the ring on a full-time basis. If anything, he might want to replace Booker T at the announcer's table.....and like Booker, perhaps JBL can step into the ring on occasion. That should be the extent of his physical involvement.

Yes, that Booker has left his ringside position opens up the option of bringing in someone to fill the job.

But JBL? I can take him or leave him.

I really enjoyed seeing the APA at Raw 1000, and I was quite into the "wrestling god" gimmick he had whilst WWE champion.

However, JBL does have his fingers in many pies, and I doubt if he'd ever commit to WWE full time again. If he did return, I'd rather not see him in the ring, as I think he's past the age for active competition.

Sure, the occasional clothesline wouldn't hurt, but his best talents are verbal so he should stick to those, just as other right honourable posters have said, as a commentator, manager, or even a GM.

JBL is one of the great stories of success in WWE history in my book. As Bradshaw (and Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw) he was nothing special. Good tag team wrestler, but the APA was clearly the #4 team in a division that only had room for 3 top teams. He had one blink & you miss it reign as European Champion,and held the North American Championship during the brief NWA storyline. But he never made it anywhere near the top of the card.

Fast forward to 2004 and the JBL character, and everything changed overnight. He was delivering awesome promos, putting on the best matches of his career, and finally made it to the main event level. The fact that he was WWE Champion for 282 days and defended against some of the top stars in the business shows how much faith the company had in him (and originally he was set to hold the title for even longer, he was supposed to retain against Cena at WrestleMania 21 and defend the title until losing to Cena in a rematch at SummerSlam, but JBL reportedly vetoed the idea). Add to that his reigns as United States and Intercontinental Champion, and JBL truly made it big time where Bradshaw failed.

As for a potential JBL return, I welcome it with open arms. Ideally, I'd like to see him take over the SmackDown color commentator position, as well as wrestle a part time schedule, somewhat similar to Triple H (3 or 4 big matches a year). And for those occasional matches, yes I think he should definitely be at or near the main event level.

I would not mind seeing him return, but only if it is as an announcer or a manager. I have no desire to see him working any matches. JBL was ok at best in the ring, his mic skills as a heel were where he really had his talent. I'd like to see him be a heel GM or replace Cole as the second announcer on Smackdown. He's already done heel announcing before, so we know he can do it and that would make Cole a Raw exclusive announcer. We also saw a brief preview in the summer of 2008 what JBL could be like as a GM when he took over for a couple of weeks before Adamle became the GM.

No he should not. If he didn't get any World Championship runs in his 2007-2009 return, why should he now? Yes he was hated during his long WWE Championship run and that helped put Cena over as a face to defeat him, but JBL can accomplish that level of heel heat as a manager speaking on behalf of a heel that is struggling in that area. Other than the Clothesline from Hell he wasn't anything to write home about in his actual matches. It was always great promos that made you hate him, followed by rather boring matches.

Great at heel promos, boring in his actual matches, had memorable runs as part of the APA and as WWE Champion, and pretty good at announcing. As for his future, if he's not going to be a GM or some type of role where he is just speaking, I would rather he not return. No matter how good he was at promos, it cannot make up for his lack of in-ring ability.

DO YOU WANT JBL TO RETURN?
i would like to see jbl return but as a announcer with the odd in ring apperance.

SHOULD HE MAIN EVENT AGAIN?
no i don't think there is any need for him to get involved with the main event scene again.

OVERALL
always liked the guy. but his best is behind him know.

I would like to see him return as a commentator or in a GM role only. I see no need for him to regularly return to the ring. I always liked him, but was a better talker than in ring performer.

If he were to do a match here and there I would like to see him put over talent. He really wasn't maain eventing when he left. No real need for him to be in main event. JBL would be great to put over new faces.

I always liked JBL. He was at times boring in the ring, but he was great as a heel on the mic. I would like to see him back now only in a speaking role and to maybe put talent over on occasion.

Me personally Id like to see him back on commentary where he was absolute gold, but if the GM position came back up again on either Raw or SD! I dont think it would hurt him having a go at running things.

When it comes to getting back in the ring, maybe now & again like Booker T did against Cody Rhodes or at the Royal Rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back