• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FUCK LEBRON AND SOUTHBEACH

Go Heat, Bitch.

michael-cole-raw.jpg

I watched them play for years, and the only one I'd say that statement MIGHT be correct about is Jalen Rose. There's no way Weber or Howard met their potential. And the Fab Five certainly never met the hype.

Like I said, when I think of "success", the Fab Five won't be who I think of.

Howard was never going to be an elite superstar so I'd say he met his potential as a great starter for the majority of his career and it didn't help he played on a lot of shitty teams. Webber is a HOFer and that happened with a knee injury that shortened and lessened the late years in his career. Injuries aside I'd say he met his potential as well. With the Fab Five, back in the early 90's nearly all of the great college players stayed at least 2-3 and sometimes all 4 years so the fact that 5 true freshmen and sophomores went to back to back title games I'd say hat is definitely a success. Had Webber stayed one more year there is no doubt in my mind they would have won the title.

Miami Heat NBA Titles: 1
Boston Celtics NBA Titles: 17

Yeah, I can deal with not winning the title this year.

Probably not for a while either.

And you're basing this on...?

You're delusional if you think the Celtics won't be perennial contenders. Celtics have become one of the most profitable franchises over the last few years and Danny Ainge will most certainly continue to bring in top talent even when the Big 3 retire.

And you're basing this on...?

You're delusional if you think the Celtics won't be perennial contenders. Celtics have become one of the most profitable franchises over the last few years and Danny Ainge will most certainly continue to bring in top talent even when the Big 3 retire.

I'm sure he'll try. But with Miami, Chicago, and now New York being this good while being this young, I don't see Boston beating them any time soon. Rondo can only get better though so I suppose they still have a shot, but they have a lot to replace when the big 3 bounce.

I'm sure he'll try. But with Miami, Chicago, and now New York being this good while being this young, I don't see Boston beating them any time soon. Rondo can only get better though so I suppose they still have a shot, but they have a lot to replace when the big 3 bounce.

They'll also have a lot of money when the big three hangs it up. Rondo and Jeff Green is already a nice base. The Knicks will never be dominant with D'Antoni as coach and the Bulls are going to become more and more of a one man team with Boozer aging over the next few years. Boozer has already played like shit in these playoffs. I still hate Boston and Miami equally.

I agree about D'Antoni. His philosophy just doesn't work in the long run. But I'd like to think that someone upstairs would be smart enough to figure that out at some point.

I agree about D'Antoni. His philosophy just doesn't work in the long run. But I'd like to think that someone upstairs would be smart enough to figure that out at some point.

...Dude, it's the fucking Knicks. The people upstairs are even more clueless than D'Antoni. They've made one terrible decision after another for like 15 years.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: And I'm a Knick fan.

The Knicks are not there yet. They are close, especially after this season when they can dump Chauncey's expiring contract and maybe get a couple pieces/picks/whatever, followed by maybe landing a Point Guard in Free Agency at the conclusion of the year.

And D'Antoni won't be there after this season. Phil Jackson will take the year off and coach them the following year. He'll get 1 title out of Melo/Amar'e/new FA Point Guard and then retire for good.

Boston might have a couple year period of less success (not no success), as I doubt the current incarnation of their big 3 will be around or as good next season. But they clearly are a terrifically run franchise that will retool and be right back contending fairly quick.

And X, while you're right that there is stupidity at the top, it's only James Dolan, not Donnie Walsh. Donnie Walsh has done a great job so far with this team. He got them out of the Salary Cap hell (with shit players and draft picks, no less) that Isiah put them in, got them 2 excellent superstars that wanted to be there (Melo/Amar'e), and even minor pieces like Landry Fields, who was great in his rookie year.

X, are you telling me that Isiah Thomas wasn't one of the most most brilliant executive highers in NBA history?

And D'Antoni won't be there after this season. Phil Jackson will take the year off and coach them the following year. He'll get 1 title out of Melo/Amar'e/new FA Point Guard and then retire for good.

Glad you could clear this up for us, Nostradamus. No need to watch with Stormy knowing the future and all.

Glad you could clear this up for us, Nostradamus. No need to watch with Stormy knowing the future and all.
wow.

I guess I was the only one in this entire thread to make any sort of predictions. Wow. I mean others have PREDICTED that the Celtics were gonna fall of the wagon with all the big 3 leaving or sucking or what-have-you. But no, I'm the only one who's Nostradamas here.......

Look, I'm not saying that that whole thing is set in stone, I'm just giving a fair opinion that a team with 3 superstars (2 of which have proven to play well with each other, the 3rd isn't there yet) and arguably the best head coach of all time would win a title. I mean 9034759803450845 people predicted the Heat would win a title, and they had an unknown coach.

I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning, and they said over the last 20 NBA Finals (not counting this year), one or more of five guys have been in the Finals EVERY year. I don't remember exactly who they said, but I BELIEVE it was Jordan, Olajuwon, Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe. Every Finals over the last 20 years had at least one of those 5 guys in it (I believe it was those five).
Well, going from 1991 to 2010 it would go like this.

1991 - Bulls
1992 - Bulls
1993 - Bulls
1994 - Rockets
1995 - Rockets
1996 - Bulls
1997 - Bulls
1998 - Bulls
1999 - Spurs
2000 - Lakers
2001 - Lakers
2002 - Lakers
2003 - Spurs
2004 - Pistons
2005 - Spurs
2006 - Heat
2007 - Spurs
2008 - Celtics
2009 - Lakers
2010 - Lakers

Going based on that it would be Jordan x3, Hakeem x2, Jordan x3, Duncan, Shaq/Kobe x3, Duncan, Shaq/Kobe, Duncan, Shaq,Duncan, Kobe x3. So I think your 5 would be correct. You could throw Dirk in there as he was in the 2006, if the Mavs get there this year it would be his second.

Knicks picked up Chauncey's option, I don't think they're gonna dump his contract this year.

The Knicks were smart to pick up Chauncey's option. He's getting older and had some nagging injuries this past season but he is still a good point guard and will provide great veteran leadership for the year he has left. The free agent crop of point guards also happens to be extremely shitty. JJ Barea is probably the best available and I fully expect the Mavs to resign him. The Knicks need a solid, true point back up to shorten Chauncey's minutes and help out if he's injured. Toney Douglas is a great scorer off the bench but he is not a point guard. Their best bet would be to sign either TJ Ford or Brooklyn native Sebastion Telfair to the bi-annual exception. Both guys are extremely quick, pass first point guards who could thrive in D'Antoni's offense in a back up role.

They'd have a starting 5 of Chauncey, Landry Fields, Melo, Amare, and whatever center they use their mid level exception on (Samuel Dalembert makes a lot of sense). With a bench of Telfair, Douglas, Bill Walker, Turiaf, and whatever big man they use their first round pick on (Kenneth Faried would be a great pick up for them).

Knicks picked up Chauncey's option, I don't think they're gonna dump his contract this year.
They picked up his 1 year option so that they have him, and if they feel like they aren't gonna win a title this year with him, they can trade his expiring contract, which is of great value in the NBA (not to mention Billups has great value as a player).

The Knicks were smart to pick up Chauncey's option. He's getting older and had some nagging injuries this past season but he is still a good point guard and will provide great veteran leadership for the year he has left. The free agent crop of point guards also happens to be extremely shitty. JJ Barea is probably the best available and I fully expect the Mavs to resign him. The Knicks need a solid, true point back up to shorten Chauncey's minutes and help out if he's injured. Toney Douglas is a great scorer off the bench but he is not a point guard. Their best bet would be to sign either TJ Ford or Brooklyn native Sebastion Telfair to the bi-annual exception. Both guys are extremely quick, pass first point guards who could thrive in D'Antoni's offense in a back up role.
I agree about Chauncey. I loved getting him, and think he's a viable option for this team in the short term. I just think he won't finish the season with the team, unless they think they can make a run.

They'd have a starting 5 of Chauncey, Landry Fields, Melo, Amare, and whatever center they use their mid level exception on (Samuel Dalembert makes a lot of sense). With a bench of Telfair, Douglas, Bill Walker, Turiaf, and whatever big man they use their first round pick on (Kenneth Faried would be a great pick up for them).
That sounds like a pretty damn good starting 5 for this upcoming year, until they can get Paul/Deron Williams/whatever big-time PG is available.

Of course this is all if there is a season...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back